Forums / Borussia Dortmund
Order: Newest / Oldest
Shinji Kagawa Vs Mario Gotze: Intelligent Footy Debate
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 2 years ago
My credits goes to Goetze, his kind of footy is on a high level, nice to watch every game. But too much in love with the ball, imo. In this case Kagawa is stronger, more straightly, as Greyphantom mentioned
Georgio (Bayern München) 2 years ago
I think kagawa can win at a staring contest when gotze would win at jump rope, otherwise there both excellent at rock paper scissors
Greyphantom (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
I think Kagawa is more straighly, just like a really good striker. Götze is a more tactical player. A quite good mixture
Khaotik (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
Nothing to add to the posts above really, I think Götze is better technical-wise while Shinji plays more unorthodox/does surprising things, if that makes any sense.... Glad both are in our team.
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
They're both pretty similar.... Both are midfield alrounders that can decide anything in a game. I'm actually surprised both of them started shining this season alone.... Who would've thought that?
I wouldn't dare to compare both, they're just awesome with still lots of potential that need to be developed.
It's pretty much like comparing Subotic with Hummels.... Both are spectacular
Tyrrellk21 (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
Here at the BVB fan page we think all our players are very talented much like children, you can't think one is better than the next. Nur der BVB!
Nkrumah (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Who do you think is better
MarkoPollo (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
Both are very similar players. I think the main difference is that Shinji is more the typical play maker with better vision for the final pass. He also has fantastic timing when making runs and his finishing is outstanding.

Goetze is better in one on one situations, always stays composed and can take on players. He can play the playmaker role because he is just a well schooled all-around player, but I think his pace and one on one abilities make him a better winger. Even though he may not look like much, he is also very strong in his tackles and barley every shies away from contact.

I can't wait for Shinji to be back to take on the playmaker role so that Goetze can be played on the wing again. They work together so well!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football