Forums / Borussia Dortmund
Order: Newest / Oldest
Borussia Dortmund Chat
MarkoPollo (Borussia Dortmund) 22 hours ago
Anybody know of any other English speaking forums/community with a good base of Dortmund fans for discussion? This used to by my No. 1 outlet to discuss with Dortmund fans from all over the world while keeping up my English, but over the years it seems it has been everything but progressing.

As expected, after the hype about the club had settled from the years of success more and more people jumped shipped. While there is still some fun people to exchange with, most of the time discussions either result in no response at all or a few 2-3 liners before it dies off. It's been a while since I have seen anyone on this board with a halfway decent discussion and it has been increasingly frustrating. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction for a more active English speaking community that is as passionate about the this club as I am, and maybe I'll see some of you there.

Until then, farewell my friends and thanks for the good times while it lasted!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 12 hours ago
Man you too now, Marko? On the train now, I'll give you a better reply tonight
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 2 hours ago
Well, first of all, I don't understand the 'Until then, farewell my friends and thanks for the good times while it lasted!' sentence - I mean - are you saying you will no longer be active on this forum?
If that is the case - well, it's your choice, and I hope to see you on some other forum, however, I don't get it - what's so tough in logging on and off this forum every day?

That being said, though, I(unfortunately) don't know of any other English-speaking forum with a good constructive BVB fan-base, and, well, I'd be happy if someone on here would point to one!

Agree on the inactivity issue on this forum though....

And, yeah, it's sad how there are so many people who immediately become so-called 'fans' of a certain club when it has great success and then just jump ship when the team tries to survive through some hardships.
I, myself, have(yeah, I confess haha) become a fan during the 2012-13 season(it all started with me watching all of the BVB champions league matches) - but the whole heart, fans and atmosphere this club has - it's just amazing, and it's something that will always keep me as a fan of this club, and this club only.
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 3 days ago
And Gundogan signs 'till 2017...
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Nice! Took a while, but better late than never
MarkoPollo (Borussia Dortmund) 2 days ago
Not stoked on that at all.... Just pushing back the inevitable. Not really a strong signal from our management to even offer him a one year contract. It's either you commit to being here after all we've done for you or you move on. This lukewarm crap is beyond annoying.

He's a great player, he'll certainly help us out, but I would have preferred if he had left this transfer period even for 15mil and we could get his replacement right away for 4-5 years that Tuchel can build upon. Now he'll get another year of playing time to recuperate from his long injury and will leave next summer for possible a little bit higher transfer fee, but he will have stolen playing time that we could have pumped into a talent.

A strong signal would have been to tell him: either sign for 2-3 years minimum or find a new club.... Otherwise you will find yourself sitting in the stands all of next year. Good luck finding a big club willing to pay your demands after that.... Meh. Bittersweet, he's still an incredible player
Deinonychus (Borussia Dortmund) 6 days ago
Langerak on his way to Stuttgart. Looks like Weidenfeller will stay
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 6 days ago
Yeah, so it seems. Damn.... I've always liked that guy and thought he always proved himself when needed
MarkoPollo (Borussia Dortmund) 5 days ago
Sad to see the person Langerak go, but competitively he wouldn't have stood a chance against Bürki anyways. I hope we keep Weide as our backup and he proudly takes on the mentor-ship role to push Bürki to his limits.

The one thing that Bürki could use some help happens to be Weide's one greatest ability.... Staying large in 1on1 situations. If Weide doesn't make a stink about being back-up, this is an absolute win-win
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 5 days ago
I'd like to say something. I'll say before that, that I haven't seen Bürki in action.

Marko, to my eyes, Langerak is a great goalkeeper, especially considering his age. I don't understand why you wouldn't give him a change as a goalkeeper. He's a terrific shot stopper. Good in the air too, knows how to distribute.
I don't understand.... What negative aspect do others see in him that I don't?

Curious to your opinion or anyone else's who thinks Langerak didn't deserve a chance and isn't an excellent keeper
With my earlier post, I wasn't trying to state any disapproval of Langerak, but more show my belief in Bürki qualities. Bürki wasn't rated 2nd best goalie of the season by Bundesliga supporters (source: Kicker) for no reason and I don't think many would stand a chance to challenge him for the starting spot. What he showed was borderline worldclass, especially towards the end of the season. He's younger than Langerak, has much more first team experience to show for across leagues, and most importantly has shown that he can stand the heat of Bundesliga business on a consistent basis.

Langerak played a dozen games this year, and while he had fantastic moments and made some great stops, I can't think of any unstoppable ones that most other keepers wouldn't have stopped either.... I can think of at least 3 instances were he didn't look flawless however. #1 DeBruyne freekick into goalie corner on gameday 16. #2 Nadlo freekick he punches straight back for Gustavo to score in DFB finale. #3 DeBruyne long ranger where he reacted quite slowly in DFB finale as well.

I'm sure with a few years of first team experience he could and will be class.... But Bürki is already there. In addition to that, Langerak can simply not keep up with Bürki's footballing abilities to open the game and give confidence to his back four that they can safely pass the ball to him. Bürki is no Neuer or terStegen in that area, but he's not too far behind; Langerak is more of an old school shot-stopper ala Weidenfeller. Again, this is more a PRO Bürki rather than a CON Langerak.... Langerak will do well with Stuttgart
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 days ago
I agree with Marko: I've always said Langerak was decent, but if you want a team competing for the title we should look elsewhere. He's not young either Oddspud; he looks 19 but he's almost 27 now.

So great deal; I hope he does well and this is for the better for our club and himself
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 5 days ago
I agree on the win-win. Also does anyone else find it odd that Low picked Weindenfellar for the last euro qualifiers. What was that about
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Geis moves to shalke =(
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 week ago
Damn! He'd have been an amazing Kehl replacement
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Wow. Didn't see that coming. What a terrible waste of talent
He must be on drugs, the only possible reason why anyone would want to move to gelsenkirchen
MarkoPollo (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Strange move indeed, considering his ties to Tuchel. He would have been great rotating in and out for Sahin as DM. Makes the 3. 5 million spend on Weigl seem extra odd, considering that Geis apparently was only 8-10 million.

Hopefully Weigl will surprise us all.... I don't see us signing another DM, I think that Weigl is our Kehl replacement.

Still hoping to sell Immobile, Weidenfeler, Jojic and pick up a talented striker (Oulare, Embolo) and a young winger (Sisto, Pisano) so we can move Kampl more centrally. I would love to see another left back (Willems, Masuaku), but there's really no signs of that happening. Also looks like Gündogan is staying now.

With what the player material we got right now it's looking like we'll be playing a 4-1-4-1, maybe 4-1-2-1-2.

------------Bürki--------------
Durm----Socke--Hummels--Schmelle
------------Castro-------------
-------Kampl-------Gündogan----
------------Kagawa-------------
--------Auba------Reus---------

------------Bürki--------------
Durm----Socke--Hummels--Schmelle
------------Sahin---------------
Miki----Kampl----Gündogan----Reus
--------------Auba---------------

More than good enough to challenge for a Champions League spot under Tuchel, but not quite as much change as I was hoping for and definitely not a statement to international football that this year was a slip up and we're coming back full force
I agree with you marko.... I think with the lineup you provided (pretty realistic) we will be challenging for 4th place. Hopefully we get our youth some playing time so they can develop. Hopefully we are making moves for the bigger picture, to challenge for the title in 2, 3 or 4 years
Apparently we have signed 19 year old Obbi Oulare (for around €6. 5m), the striker that excited me so much this season as a Brugge fan. I really don't know why we've signed him already though, unless he'll be loaned out to Brugge for another 2-3 years.

He has incredible potential, but he's far from a finished product. He needs tons more experience to make the right decisions, but you can tell he'll get there with the right guidance.

Here's a list of what he excels at (no exaggerations):
* Huge striker with immense strength (1m96)
* Good in the air (obviously)
* Very fast for his size
* Somewhat raw, but very complete technique for a striker
* Potentially the best striker Belgium has had in decades
* Great professional attitude and a hard worker from what I know

Like I said: *potentially* he's amazing; he's got better skill than Lukaku but is just as strong and fast. He's better than Benteke at that age but Benteke already proved his worth in England.

I'm a bit sad Klopp will no longer be here to tutor him; he'd be an amazing coach as a former big striker, great motivator and brilliant analyst of the game
Sounds like we might be after Mitrovic now too. Oulare vs. Mitrovic, what's your opinion? Mitrovic seems like he might be able to make an impact right away while Oulare would be the better investment down the line?

Either way, this is the right striker profile. Tall, strong, and can shield the ball. Hopefully, we can sell of Immobile soon so we can get our replacement in time for Asia training camp
Mitrovic is more of a proven goalscorer, but he's an arrogant ass and a poacher ability-wise. Oulare is a good professional and can develop into much more than a poacher; he already is.

I'd rate Mitrovic as a 6. 5/10 striker for Dortmund now and Oulare as a 5. 5/10. But potentially Oulare could be a 9/10; Lewandowski-quality while I think Mitrovic is too arrogant and too limited to even reach 8/10
Yeah, kind of what I thought. Didn't know much about Mitrovic personality but his celebration against us last year was, how do I say this.... "odd"? What the heck is up with that?

Let's hope we pick up Oulare and build him up nice and slowly behind Auba, like we did with Lewa/Barrios. With his height he also seems he could always make a direct impact as a Joker for last minute desperation long balls
Yeah, I totally agree; if we do move in for Oulare it would be best to either loan him back to Brugge for another year or to keep him as a sub and try to develop him as a sub, using him in games where we need to force out a goal or two
MarkoPollo (Borussia Dortmund) 4 days ago
Has Mitrovic ever been questioned for his goal celebration in Belgium media? Why does he do that? Just to be edgy?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 days ago
Yup, he has. When he did that the second or third time analysts just kinda laughed at it and dismissed it as an immature thing. I suppose you know what it means? It doesn't make any sense really, it only shows his lack of maturity and intelligence. Though I suppose a guy like Ronaldo could've done the same when he was younger, and he's not too shabby
MarkoPollo (Borussia Dortmund) 3 days ago
Sorry, poorly worded. What I meant was if anyone has ever directly asked him about his celebration? I would love to know his response. What the hell is he thinking?

I'm sure his celebration has led to many of interesting father/son convos amongst Anderlecht fans. "Daddy, what does Mitrovic's celebration mean? " "Ehm, son.... He is, ehm, just pretending to have an ice cream cone" lol
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Oh, I see. People probably have asked him, but I haven't seen, read or heard anything about that. TBH I don't care about Anderlecht's goings on behind the screen and I only really watch their football. Sometimes
DortmunderJung (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Rumors about Gündogan extends his contract!

Link: www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/fussball-guendoan-bleibt...
That would be awesome!
PZPN1989 (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Any thoughts on the purportedly new jerseys? I'm a big fan of the home kits. I absolutely hated last years kit- looked like traffic signs. Positive change in my mind.

Link: www.footyheadlines.com/2015/05/borussia-dortmund-1...
Deinonychus (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Looks good
I like the home kit, I really like what puma has been doing
Looks great! All of the shirts actually look good now, the away ones too. Always been a Puma fanboy; all of the sports gear I have is from Puma
Kazuki (Liverpool) 1 week ago
Anything is better than the jersey that looks like a tractor ran over half of it. Honestly, I still feel like a plain yellow looks the best
PZPN1989 (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
Just wanted to check in on what you guys think about some of the current transfer rumors.

Some English papers are saying that Spurs and Southampton are both chasing Sven for around £20m. I like Manni, but he is so injury prone. £20m is such an overpayment- I would definitely be willing to part with him.

Immobile is also linked with going back to Italy. I think it's too soon to let him go. He definitely is not a replacement for Lewy- entirely different strikers, but I would like to see what Tuchel can do with him.

And while on strikers, Bas Dost is linked with coming to BVB. I don't see Wolfsburg selling him to us, but if they were willing, I've liked him for years.

Any specific players you guys want/think we can get? Any German paper rumors?
Kazuki (Liverpool) 2 weeks ago
I think Ramos and Immobile both will be offloaded. I've not been impressed of what I've seen of Immobile.

Well, I thought Dybala was coming here but I guess he chose Juventus.

No news of Dortmund with anyone at the moment :/
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
Well, about Bender, I certainly agree with everything you said.
Immobile deserves another chance IMO, and, uhh, Bas Dost? I wonder how he would fit into the squad, considering he's one of those slow strikers that can't really build-up play and hold the ball(maybe I'm wrong, just telling from what I have saw from him). And, of course, getting Geis would be great.

I think it would be good to offload Ramos considering he's simply old and I just think we would do better to get a young striker who could battle with Immobile and Auba for the striker spot.

About the players I want to see in BVB, that may be Dennis De Praet. IMO, he'd make Kagawa work hard for the 1st team place, considering Mikhi is put on the wings(which I think would be a better option than putting him behind the striker). So, next season I'd like to see a squad like this:

----------------------------------------------------Auba-----------------------------------------------
Reus/Kampl(2nd choice)---------------Kagawa---------------------------------------------Kuba/Mikhi

-----------------------------Sahin/Ginter----------------------------Castro/Geis(i'd like to see him in BVB)

Schmelzer/Dudziak-------Hummels------------------Papa/Subo------------------Pizczek/Durm

---------------------------------------------------Burki/Langerak----------------------------------------------------------

And, though, if I was deciding on transfers, I'd also consider replacing Schmelzer as he has become too rusty. Baba from Augsburg comes to mind, also Ricardo Rodriguez from the Wolves, though I can hardly imagine them selling him to us.

Edit:
And yes, I DO think that putting Ginter on CDM would be better than as a centre-back
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Totally agree with Schmelzer. I'd really like to see Durm as first choice LB with Piszczek on the right. Dudziak is not quite ready for the first team yet, but I think this season might be the one where he breaks in and replaces Pische. Although in that case, maybe I'd move Durm to the right and have Dudziak on the left like you have them.

I'd say Ramos, Schmelzer, Gundogan out. Geis in. Not sure what to do about Manni and Kevin though. With the side we've got, it's hard to see them anywhere but on the fringes. I'd like to keep Groskreutz as a backup at RB, but he may want to go elsewhere if he's not playing regularly. And like what's been said about Bender, he's very injury prone and I'd definitely take 20m for him if that's really what's being offered
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Yeah, well, about Gundogan, didn't mention him because I was somewhat taking it for granted that he will leave. Though, I really forgot Grosskreutz, which I think will stay put this summer
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 weeks ago
Of Borussia Dortmund's (@BVB) 55,000 season tickets holders 54,907 have renewed for next season.

Only 93 have not.

Link: ble.ac/1GsILMH

93 mysteries though
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
I like to give them the benefit of the doubt and think it's 93 geriatrics thinking they might not live through another full season...
Haha. I thought that the the 93 may have passed away already, Mike
Kazuki (Liverpool) 2 weeks ago
If I'm not mistaken didn't BVB already have a loyal fan base even before Klopp's arrival.
I don't know where I read it but I think they said that the German stadiums had the most appealing/amazing stadium atmosphere among the big leagues
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 2 weeks ago
Congrats on signing Burki! Quality keeper
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 weeks ago
Let's hope he will be for us too!
MarkoPollo (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
Second fantastic signing of the year! Was hoping for Horn initially but he's not to be had this transfer period and would be 3x as expensive.

Bürki's showings, especially towards the end of the season, were incredible. Bürki will blow us away with some unstoppable saves, control in the air, and abilities to open the game quickly.... But he could use a good lesson from Weidenfeller in 1on1's. For the future, this is an excellent signing!
OMGOzil (Arsenal) 2 weeks ago
Wow the Swiss have some great goalkeepers Benaglio, Sommer, Burki
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 3 weeks ago
So.... We're signing Julian Weigl. Does anyone know who is this guy?
MarkoPollo (Borussia Dortmund) 3 weeks ago
Not many seem to know much about him, but from what I've read he's very similar to Kehl in his earlier years. A tall DM with good ball control and passing- no Illkay replacement with quick turn and cuts.

Still needs to pack on some extra pounds to be able to play a role in the Bundesliga, but he's still very young. I wouldn't be surprised if he got loaned out to a smaller club right away; don't think he will play a large role in the all to near future. I think we will see our home grown talents like Passlack, Dudziak, and possibly even Burnic before this guy
Deinonychus (Borussia Dortmund) 3 weeks ago
If you want to know more about him watch the under-20s world cup
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 1 month ago
Hey Americans,    Does anyone know how the bundesliga and FOX will work next year? Just wondering if anyone had any insight.
I'm not too sure if they will all be playing on Fox's flagship station, but from what I've gathered, they will be on their secondary and tiertiery stations, such as FoxSports 1. Great news for us to have these available for us, but I wish it was another network.... Fox's commentators are unbearable
Aufgehtsbayern (Bayern München) 1 week ago
Phileep lahm  Bas-chen schweinsteiger  Thomas moooller    Can only imagine how theyll butcher auba and mickis names next year lol
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 1 month ago
Not a good way to end for klopp. Sad but that seems about right....

Hopefully we get some good summer signings

See you guys in august! I wish you all well.
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 1 month ago
Missing clear chances to get a good advantage - our opponents using it to get a lucky goal(don't tell me that Langerak couldn't have done atleast a bit better not to put the ball right away to Gustavo....) and then our defence making sloppy mistakes to only help them score and win. Just another day at the office for us....

Seriously, I think Tuchel is gonna' be very busy improving our defence. On the other side, it would be good to see Mkhitaryan getting a chance to prove himself. I genuinely believe that if he adds up some consistency, he can be a great player.

Kagawa played well too, glad he got into some good form lately(even though the season is over), and then there was a guy who wore a shirt with a name Reus, and I really didn't like his play today....

Though, I think there is a good chance of Tuchel actually reforming this team and bringing it to the top again. So, yes, I'm very optimistic and looking forward to the next season
Obskurum (Borussia Dortmund) 1 month ago
I also hope that Tuchel will change the soul of the team and take BVB to the top again. But I think that will demand some time, maybe a couple of seasons to achieve the top level again. At the moment we are a team expert in losing finals (UCL 2013, DFB-Pokal 2014 and 2015)
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 1 month ago
Oh Klopp.... What a miserable last game...
Skorm123 (Liverpool) 1 month ago
I know that feeling bro...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football