Forums / Borussia Dortmund
Order: Newest / Oldest
Borussia Dortmund Chat
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 2 days ago
Who else thinks our loss to Liverpool was the straw that broke the camel's back in Hummel's decision to leave?

Let's put aside the fact that he's leaving to Bayern and concentrate on the fact that he wants to leave in general.
After that loss to Liverpool he must've realized how a top top team would never have to endure a loss like that. I think it was the x factor in his decision. And to that degree who can blame him for wanting to leave? I can't. Though leaving to Bayern is just too nasty
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 19 hours ago
To be fair, I and many others would argue that if anyone was most at fault for the Liverpool loss, it was Hummels as both captain and as our #1 CB. After all, it was a catastrophic defensive collapse that cost us. The final goal came as a direct result of a lost header challenge, which is the job of our CBs to deal with before anyone else. So I don't buy that as a reason. Not even a bit
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 4 hours ago
I'm not saying he's not at fault or that he did excellently while the rest disappointed him.
Not at all.
I'm saying that he was probably disappointed by the entirety of the teams' spirit
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 3 days ago
I feel for Dortmund fans really I do. However, we've lost loved players in the past too. When Basti wanted to leave we (I personally) were VERY upset, but I choose to respect his decision.... Same with Kroos, Ballack and many other players. But we have also kept MANY MORE players in the club even after retirement.

I know it's hard for some people to hear, but Dortmund fans should point fingers at their own management instead of Bayern. Both Lewandowski and Hummels voiced their interest to join Bayern rather than other clubs. Blaming us for their decision is childish.

Like I didn't blame Man United or Real Madrid, or Basti and Kroos, Dortmund fans shouldn't either.

IMO, BVB like Bayern own the privilege of having two the most passionate fans in the world. Being upset and angry about your favorite player is understandable and is a big of supporting your favorite club, but putting blame on others is just childish. Let's not be like Barca fans when Figo left for Real!
Tanmay (Footytube Moderator) 3 days ago
Screw figo lel
Niru 3 days ago
I don't think Dormtund fans are 'blaming' Bayern; they're just pissed off at those players, and rightly so
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 3 days ago
Yes because Basti leaving to England and Kroos leaving to Spain is same thing as Hummels leaving Dortmund to join a direct/only title rival in the league. Makes sense...
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 3 days ago
Don't give us that nonsense. Suggesting that our captain jumping ship to not only a direct title rival but our second (or first, depending on who you ask) most hated team, is somehow the same as going abroad is incredibly offensive if only for the sheer stupidity of such a comment. It is absolutely nothing like Schweini going to United or Kroos leaving to Madrid. Not even close. This is exactly why we hate Bayern; because of the completely oblivious knobs who always seem to need to say something to make themselves feel better about supporting a club run by evil c*nts.

You know what? In this particular case we don't blame Bayern. But Bayern have a longstanding policy of cherry-picking key players from any club that gives them a sniff of competition. That much is indisputable. So coming here on our board to tell us that we have no right to be angry is a spit in the face.

And blaming our management? Seriously? Because our sponsors don't have as deep pockets as yours? For having the audacity to live within the means of the club? If I hadn't already been warned by mods on here before I'd have some choice words for you. The only child here, apparently, is you. Totally clueless
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 2 days ago

If you remember, you know I didn't accept Bayern signing Gotze the way they did.

Would you consider a hypothetical for me. What Bayern player joining what club would be equal to the situation you're really upset about?

"Life priorities for different people in different periods of time - right or wrong - is what they would live with for the rest of their lives. " ~Me!

So, as a clueless child, my suggestion is to you: Let people you care about make their own decisions about life
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 days ago
I still respect and like Lewa for his contributions to our BVB team back then and wish him all the best at Bayern. Doesn't mean it didn't sting.

I'll still respect Mats for hos contributions too, but he basically planted a dagger in our backs
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 2 days ago
"Would you consider a hypothetical for me. What Bayern player joining what club would be equal to the situation you're really upset about? "

Imagine if after our league/cup double of the 2011-2012 season, Schweinsteiger or Lahm joined us, saying he felt he had a better chance to win the Champions League. Then imagine if after the 5-2 humbling in Berlin, Adidas dropped out as your sponsor and you could no longer just drop €50m on one player. Maybe then we'd be getting close...
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 2 days ago
To me, everything Hummels contributed to our success in the past is completely negated by this choice. As far as I'm concerned, his time here will now forever be nothing but a black stain on a proud history, if only because of his total hypocrisy after all of the things he's said in the past. He's a dirty f*cking hypocrite and this would be much worse than Gotze if not for his advancing age and unpredictable form. I hope he warms the bench for the rest of his career
Niru 4 days ago
Barracuda (Manchester United) 4 days ago
Damn, rip. Well atleast "The German side have also confirmed that Hummels has no release clause", you can take them to the cleaners.    
SKool (Arsenal) 4 days ago
RIP humanity
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 4 days ago
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd our football fate is sealed.

We will never become the best if our best players and in this case the freaking captain keep leaving us, and worst of all to our biggest domestic rivals
Faceo (Liverpool) 4 days ago
I feel sorry for you guys. You guys should included a no transfer to bayern clause in your contracts form now on
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 days ago
f*****g lovely.          Fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 3 days ago
Some captain. F*cking snake
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 6 days ago
Hummels to Bayern? I'll believe it when I see it, but if it's true then what a f*cking c**t. He openly criticized Gotze in public when he sold out, so to turn around and do the exact same thing a little while later would be unspeakable in my mind. Even more so given that he's club captain.

Not sure how much more of this speculation I can take. We're not playing for much anymore so these matters need to be settled ASAP so we're in a better position to get replacements. Hummels isn't helping the matter with his little nothing hints. Just f*cking tell us already
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 6 days ago
I pretty much agree. I would totally respect his decision to leave Dortmund for ANY club except Bayern.

He's a legend for me, and I have the utmost respect for him as a great role model and player, but should he leave for Bayern, all that respect will vanish.

Also, f*ck. If he leaves then we'll probably lose minimum 2 players (Gundogan, Hummels) this summer. Not to mention the unclear situation with Mikhi...
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 days ago
That would be the lowest of lows for a true Dortmund great.

Man, I've loved Mats since his first game here. I've always said that he was world class when most people barely knew him and I love the leadership role he grew into.

If ever he had to leave, I'd like nothing more than him going to Barça, but I'd be happy for him if he went to a club like Liverpool, City or United too. But f*****g bayern?

No way
Blackstyle88 1 week ago
According to news, Sakho failed drug test which bans him from rest of the season. What do you guys think, should/will Dortmund ask some rematch, since he failed the test that was taken after Liverpool's game vs Man United?
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Judging by our performance that night it would seem our players were the ones on drugs but then crack cocaine
LyverBird (Liverpool) 4 days ago
It was fat burning drugs, not performance enhancing
If Mikhi leaves we are absolutely fudged. He's way too valuable for us
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Yea, he's proved himself this season in a BIG way. He made people like me who ripped on him for his last 2 seasons look like fools. I'm so sorry Mikhi! Please don't go!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 week ago
Good game; everyone was looking sharp!    Keeping the pressure on Bayern...
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Lol Reus just can't seem to stay onside
Shinji & Pulisic! There are no two guys I'd rather see on the scoresheet. Great performance so far
^ Definitely nice to see. Pulisic is doing pretty damn good. A true go getter
Obskurum (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Does anybody is happy with our club to be in the DFB-Pokal Finale again? Great display yesterday from the guys, they played totally dominant the most part of the game and controlled Hertha very well. Now its time to revenge against Bayern. I hope in one month we will be celebrating the fourth Cup title. HEJA BVB!
Absolutely! I just am swamped with work and couldn't see the game. It's pretty awesome we're in tje final again. How many times in the past decade is that now? 7 times?
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
According to Bild, Gundogan has already signed a contract with City. Not sure how that's possible if the clubs are still negotiating a fee and haven't yet signed an agreement? It's not like he's out of contract
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
He's a goner for sure. But what about Hummels?! I really want to hear good news about him. We are definitely worse defensively without him. He is the captain. He has to stay or it's going to be rebuilding....

Speaking of the defence.... You saw it already against Schalke. WAY TOO EASY to score goals against us. And against Liverpool it was more exposed. How can anyone explain that weak mentality? We are second in the Bundesliga for god's sake. How can we be so fragile?
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
I don't mean to say "I told you so" but....

"
UWMike
(Borussia Dortmund)
2 weeks ago
.... I'm sure you wouldn't argue that defensive mistakes have been our undoing for a long time now.

OddSpud
(Borussia Dortmund)
2 weeks ago
For sure. But if Hummels plays these days with either Sok, Bender out Subotic (out for the rest of the season :/), then I think were pretty solid
"

No doubt Hummels is our most solid and consistent defender, but even he's relatively gaffe-prone (just think back to the last time we played Hamburg). But to be fair, I think the biggest problem is not the players but the system. If you think about teams that tend to park the bus (and do it effectively) and how they organize their back lines, it's all very rigid. Every player knows which player(s) or zone(s) they're responsible for and they take care of their own business and don't cross each others feet. Our problem is that the way we defend is the same way we press teams in their half. Multiple players rushing at the player with the ball, and trying to close them down as fast as possible. That opens up a lot of space for opposing players in support. It looks like a mad scramble and then suddenly the ball pops free and our players are all out of position. It's as if we have no defensive coordinator on staff.

I'm more concerned about Mikhi leaving quite frankly (and I realize that's a flip-flop from all the things I said about him last season, and so I won't hold it against him if he wants to go). I think we all knew Gundogan was a goner. The annoying part will be wading through all the other garbage rumors that will spring up as a result.
Yeah Mike.... Any feeling of confidence in our defence has shattered away after the Liverpool game. Nothing will surprise me anymore.

Any now it seems that we could lose Hummels and Gundogan, not to mention Mikhi
Also, I think you hit the nail on its head with what you said about or system. If a player breaks away from our pressure which usually includes 3 players surrounding him, it creates a huge opportunity for his team. We should've made a bus as soon as we went 3-1. Or at least at 3-2!! WTF.... !!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 weeks ago
Nice to see Pulisic on the scoresheet; he's looked really promising and very eager to impress in the games he's played so far.

Also nice to see an American with skill and flair. Not many of those in football
That's true Jeroen. Pulisic is a refreshing sight. I've got hopes for him
We won against Hamburg. Yay
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 weeks ago
A first for everything!    Adrian Ramos continues to impress btw. Let's hope he keeps it up next game against his old club
For sure! Ramos has improved immensely from last season.

I started watching the game with a very sour taste still lingering after Liverpool. But you see the fans still singing and still cheering, you realize it just goes on like that
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
What an embarrassment. Bvb stopped playing in the 2nd half, I think we were lucky get get our 3rd goal. Bvb took their foot off the pedal and couldn't put it back on. LFC deserve to go through with that type of play from us
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 weeks ago
Can't even begin to describe the emotions in that match. So much respect for dortmund, their fans and their coach. YNWA lads, hopefully we'll see you in Champions League next season!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football