Forums / Borussia Dortmund
Order: Newest / Oldest
Borussia Dortmund Chat
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 10 hours ago
I'll take it, but it could have gone better
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 1 day ago
Meh. Not a bad result. Not a good one either
D0flamingo (Borussia Dortmund) 23 hours ago
If dembele had tried to assist am sure dort could had scored at least 2 goals assisted by him lets hope this selfish display doesn't continue
DortmunderJung (Borussia Dortmund) 18 hours ago
I really hope players like dembele and mor keep a certain amount of selfishness. They should not adapt too much to the system. Otherwise they get predictable. They are a real weapon if they develope their ability to take the right decision between dribbling and passing. We've seen where it leads at european cup (germany) when every one is fully adapted to the passing system
DortmunderJung (Borussia Dortmund) 18 hours ago
Our main problem is the defence. Piszczek, ginter and also schmelzer are defending like disoriented chicken. Hopefully bartra is back soon and passlack gets more chances as rb
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 37 seconds ago
Honestly, I think we should consider playing Subotic more often when he gets back. He's scheduled to be back to full team training in October, and we could really use someone with his height, strength, and experience at CB
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 day ago
Could've been a better result, pity we couldn't capitalize on more chances :/

Also:
Pic. Twitter.com/wK0FAYhDKn

Sigh.... He's always trying hard to work on that douchebag image
4ever (Barcelona) 1 day ago
I think you guys could have been ended up with three points if pulicic or mor played instead of dembele. He was terrible and defence looks out of sorts without bartra
D0flamingo (Borussia Dortmund) 3 days ago
Great discovery of this website for a footy freak like me hello! Am new here
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 2 days ago
Yo! Welcome and nice to see a new guy here.... Considering we aren't in great numbers on this forum
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 2 days ago
Yea, it used to be more frequented than it is now. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth joining reddit to get in on this board .... Https://www.Reddit.Com/r/borussiadortmund/

But I've held out for this long, and at least this site has highlights
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 days ago
Anyone else very optimistic for the Real game? And more generally speaking, for the season?

The defence isn't perfect, but I genuinely haven't felt this good about the squad since the second year Klopp won the BuLi
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 4 days ago
Yeah, man.... I am VERY optimistic about both the season and the Real game -- but the reason isn't our recent great results.

I am very very excited because I actually think that we did a great, great job at selling Mikhi. Why?

Because if we hadn't sold him, yes, he may well have been great, BUT Dembele, Mor and Pulisic wouldn't have got nearly as much playing time as they are getting now.

And I think all 3 have potential to be better players than he is(okay, getting too far ahead now, but I'm just saying what I think). And the thing that excites me the most about this is not only their potential, but the new dimension Dembele and Mor bring(amazing, amazing dribbling).

If they would just pass a little bit better -- which they will inevitably learn to with more and more playing time and experience -- imagine how much havoc they could cause. That's the only thing that has been both frustrating and exciting me -- they can create situations single-handedly that no player in BVB can, yet they waste them on weak shots and clumsy passes.

And another reason I've been so excited about the season/s ahead is Guerreiro. Man, that guy.... There is just something to him.... He just gets in the game and is absolutely fantastic.

I know there are a lot of things that have been great too(Passlack breaking into first team, Castro's amazing recent form etc....) that I didn't touch on but I just wanted to nail down the biggest reasons of why I can't wait for the season ahead.

So, in short: I'm very optimistic because of the new dimension Mor and Dembele add to our game that can single-handedly destroy our opponents, and Guerreiro's amazingness. That's all
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 5 days ago
Talking points:

- Auba took a few knocks and was limping at a few points in the game. Hope he's good to start against Madrid :\
- Guerreiro. This kid is the best. The. f*****g. Best
- Ginter at fault for the goal against. Again.
- Mixed bag from Dembele. Some great movement and good assist on Auba's goal. A little mouthy though, and kind of surprised he wasn't subbed off at some point after that yellow card. His pass accuracy still needs lots of work.
- Burki. Just kick the f*****g ball already. You're not Neuer :@
- Did I mention how good Guerreiro is? The best
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 5 days ago
Yes, having Ginter is a bit error prone and being the last man on the field probably isn't a role suited for him.

Guerreiro is excellent indeed. What a change he brought! Was way better than Götze although Götze was a part of the first goal.
Mor does remind me of a young messy. His size and movement that is. He still has work ahead of him, especially shooting I would say is something lacking for him still.
Dembele did have his little f**k ups but he had so many positives.... So many succesful dribbles, creating a lot of dangerous situations. That kid is something else....

I was surprised and impressed by Freiburg, especially at the opening minutes of the game. They created immense pressure and almost got a goal from it had they been more clinical.
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 4 days ago
2 minutes into the game I was thinking "this might be another Leipzig". Freiburg knew our defensive weaknesses and tried to press them as best they could. But that mostly served to tire them out, and they never really created much in the way of chances. Still, this is a Freiburg side that beat Gladbach already this season. They'll have no problems staying up this season.

Dembele's ball control is insane. He's so fast, that even when you know what's coming (and it's always the same fake to one side, go to the other), he still gets past the defender before anyone realizes what happened. He just makes it look so easy
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 5 days ago
Good win
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 5 days ago
Yeah, kinda
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
So.... I know I might be a little too.... Perfectionistic after the 5-1 win but there are still things that MUST get fixed before we get to play vs RM.

The most important thing: Schmelzer. I've never been a fan of his defending, but he is absolutely atrocious this season. IMO, Guerreiro is much better in that aspect (and even in attacking
Contribution), and I just can't comprehend how Tuchel seems to prefer Schmelzer over him on LB.
Just.... Why?

RM will wreck us on the left side if Schmelzer starts. Also, I'd prefer Dembele over Schurrle to start too(when Reus is also fit). The guy simply creates chances out of nowhere and in a lot of situations, that is JUST what we need to get it going.

As for the match itself, to sum it up - it was a great, horrible and a great match. I was absolutely stunned by how bad our defence was from 20-55 mins. In fact, after we let in the goal, I thought that we would get thrashed 5-2. So.... Against Real I'd like to see this squad:

-------------Auba---------------

Dembele--Gotze--Castro--Schurrle

-------------Weigl--------------

Guerreiro--Bartra--Sock--Piszczek

-------------Burki-------------

UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Yea that was definitely some shabby defending again. If that was Real we probably would have lost 6-5. You've pretty much said what needs to be said about Schmelzer. But I'm equally concerned about our CBs. Sokratis has been pretty solid, but Bartra has scared me sometimes with his positioning and Ginter, well.... At least he's tall. I'm expecting a goal-fest against Madrid :\
DortmunderJung (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
I still don't like Schürrle, would prefer Mor or Pulisic.

Hopefully Bartra is fit for Real. Even if he has made some mistakes, I feel more secure with him then with Ginter.

Auba
Dembele, Götze, Castro, Pulisic/Mor
Weigl
Guerreiro, Bartra, Papa, Pizscu
Bürki
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
17-1 last three games.... *insert 'not bad' meme*
So basically what we've learned in the past week is that when we're given time and space on the ball, we have the ability to tear any deep-sitting defence to shreds.

Problem is, most teams won't give you that. The main thing that the Leipzig loss exposed was poor decision making under pressure. They played a tight pressing game, making sure our players didn't get comfortable on the ball once we entered their half. That forced a lot of individual mistakes. Lack of concentration has always been our undoing in defence. We can't afford to be making the same mistakes going forward also. Hopefully Tuchel starts whipping a little harder. Wolfsburg will be a better test
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 1 week ago
Great win today guys 😁😁😁
Holy s**t. Forget Gotze and Schurrle. They should be our depth players. Give me Dembele, Guerreiro, and Pulisic to start any day
DortmunderJung (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Agree with Schürrle. Götze can play next to Guerreiro
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
I tend to agree. But they're supposedly too young to be able to be consistently good, so a player like Schurrle is (again supposedly) more mature and experienced and bla bla
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 week ago
Castro might've been poor against Leipzig; he's very efficient when the team as a unit is doing well. Lampard-like midfielder.

Pulisic, Guerreiro (again) and Dembélé were great. Mor as a sub looked a bit like a young Messi, but of course he still has a long way to go. And just now Rode scores with a backheel flick

Our future is bright!
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
6-0 that's what we should have beat leipzig by
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 week ago
6-0 again that's what we should have beat leipzig by  

Kick4Life - changing lives through football