Forums / Borussia Dortmund
Order: Newest / Oldest
Borussia Dortmund Chat
DortmunderJung (Borussia Dortmund) 5 hours ago
We need to be patient with this team. We've a lot of very young players and a bunch of injured players. Its not easy for them to play each 3 days with the same focus and mental strength. Its something they need to learn. In one or two years we will have a very strong team, I'm sure about that.

Now we should focus on reaching the champions league. All "big" teams are still behind us in table apart from bayern
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 4 hours ago
I think we already have a very strong team. It's just that half of that team is injured.

In the first half, we suffered from very weak defending of set-pieces in defence(something we always suffer from) and a large number of inacuraccies when we wanted to break through. This was largely Dembele's fault as he moved centrally -- and Ramos on the other wing is so technically inept he literally has to return the ball backwards in order for us to stay in possession.

Needless to say, Dembele is a really really bad passer which showed again and we couldn't make any breakthrough. To add to that, Kagawa and Castro were often invisible.

Our subs saved the game though. Passlack and Pulisic played amazingly, amazingly well (and Gotze too, although to a bit lesser extent than the other two -- but still great) and saved a point for us.

I think this game could've been won with our full first team(replace whole starting midfield with Reus, Gotze, Guerreiro and Schurrle) on and a bit tighter defence(not only were the set pieces poorly defended, the 3rd goal just tore my fcking heart with all those all-too-fcking often lapses)....
I mean, we could have won it even like this (Passlack shot, Gotze sitter, Auba last second header flying milimeters past goal....) but I'm not sure that we'd have deserved it.

So, to nail down my point: I think we just need to get past this period with as little damage as possible until our first team gets back -- then we may have a (not very big, admittedly) shot at the Bundesliga, even.
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) Yesterday
Before today Ingolstadt had only scored 4 goals this season. A draw may as well be a loss
D0flamingo (Borussia Dortmund) 19 hours ago
That's it we only have to focus on finishing in top 4 now I don't get a lot of chances to watch our games because of work am glad cause this will just break my heart
Wow. This might be the first match I stop watching at half time. Pathetic
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) Yesterday
We are playing ridiculously bad
LOL. Finally get a goal back and immediately the defence shits themselves again. Even with Hummels we were terrible at the back. Why did we not get some actual defenders during the summer? What is it about this team and not being able to defend?
Sweet. Another goal. Watch us concede again now...
Obskurum (Borussia Dortmund) 3 days ago
Weigl's moves before his strike for the second goal were world class. What a player!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 days ago
With all these injuries I'm very happy with the result. Finally Götze provided something too
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 3 days ago
Yeah Götze did good in making the first goal, but how would you rate the rest of his performance? I'd say pretty shitty.

We were big time lucky, and again Auba should've scored at least one more
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 3 days ago
I actually think Gotze did pretty well yesterday. It just occurred that those around him weren't really keen on combinating, and Kagawa was pretty sloppy with his passes. So, with a midfield more willing to create I think Gotze could have had an amazing(instead of only a good, IMO) match yesterday.

I think that we'll begin to see the old Gotze when Reus and Schurrle get fit. The chemistry of that trio will be unbelievable(I hope). And not only that, but I think that if not for the many injuries, we'd be leading the table now. And F*Ck this I can't wait for the return of Guerreiro too. Man.... We have an awesome squad when fully fit
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 4 days ago
We are quite lucky up until now I would day. Now being the second half.  What a goal from Weigl!
D0flamingo (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Same sht different day. Han! Bayern drop we drop
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 6 days ago
Don't be mad cause luffy beat you doffy
D0flamingo (Borussia Dortmund) 5 days ago
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
F*ck this. Bayern drops points again. (and so do we....)
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
I guess the silver lining is that at least the table looks much more competitive this season :\
Yeah. Teams will cause a lot of problems to Bayern this season. I just wish we could somehow capitalize on this.... Instead, we f*ck it up. In fact. Bayern could've had it worse.

Schalke, Hamburg, Hertha and Ingolstadt have all been very very problematic for them. The only match in which they got the 3 points easily was vs Bremen. This will be a very interesting season if we can only play with the same consistency as last year
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
What did you guys think of Merino?
Oh and how bad was Gõtze. Seems like a huge flop until now
Merino was really really frustrating to watch in the first half. He constantly gifted Hertha some counter-attacks with his awful passes, some of which could have been more dangerous than they were. In the second half.... Not bad. Made some interceptions and I didn't see him make many mistakes....

I think we need to be really patient with Gotze. The guy just came back from an underwhelming time in Bayern(not that he didn't get what he deserved), so he'll need some time to settle back in. If he gets dropped in the next matches and loses even more confidence, we might just as well sell him.

Though, Kagawa was great yesterday. He alongside Dembele completely revitalized our game and if not for Auba's(fcking usual) missed sitters we could have easily won the game. Just.... F*ck. Let's just fcking sell him. I can't stand it how he constantly costs us points....

Also: It was really fcking dumb from Mor to get provoked like that. If not for his sending-off, I think we could've won it.
DortmunderJung (Borussia Dortmund) 6 days ago
Like kristijan said. He did a lot of mistakes in the first half, the second half not just better. Imo it was good, he did some nice passes and good interceptions. We've to remind that his role as defender is new for him. From this point of view it was really good.

Would like to see him as CDM again, his native position.

Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 week ago
Friggin' Hertha.... Can't beat them once again.

Overall just a poor performance. Auba is such a bad finisher for all the goals he does score
Fabiusmaximus (Bayern München) 1 week ago
I'd cash out if I was watzke. Get 70m from City and go for Morata. Auba Is certainly a top notch striker but as soon as a striker costs you games.... Can't recall an "important" game where he buried his first chance
Cashing out -- sure. But we definitely won't get Morata as a replacement.

"Can't recall an "important" game where he buried his first chance.... "
Can his goal vs. Real count?
Fabiusmaximus (Bayern München) 6 days ago
See it as an example.... Watzke showed that he can spend - why not make a move? He's not playing regularly anyways and the Bvb brand is not getting weaker these days. Anyway, there are tons of good strikers available in Europe
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 6 days ago
Well, yeah, but the guy seems really keen on playing for Real. I mean he declined Juve just to take a shot at becoming a regular there, even with Benzema as a first-choice.

Though if I had to choose who to buy as a replacement, I'd go for Lacazette. I think that guy would just fit in perfectly in our system
Aaaaaaaghghhhgh! Fcuking Auba! He's right next to Ginter on my rage list. What a pathetically predictable attempt to chip. The keeper knew exactly what was coming. That's now 2 games in a row that he's had the chance to equalize and blown it with horrible finishing. If we lose this it's now both Ginter and Auba's fault
This has seriously got to be a f*****g joke. Gift of a penalty and still can't put it in
f*****g Ginter. Why am I not surprised? What happened to this guy? He used to be one of the most promising young CBs in the league, now he's utter s**t. That's got to be the last 3 or 4 games in a row that he has been directly at fault for conceding a goal
I'd say Merino had a fault for the goal too. He just stood there, the ball passing beside him like he was a ghost. He should have intercepted it
DortmunderJung (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Said it multiple times, Weigl together with Rode in midfield weakens our game. Just watch the matches against Red Bull and Leverkusen. Why is Kagawa not playing? Don't get it why Tuchel is choosing Rode over him.

Hopefully we improve in the second half...
DortmunderJung (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
At least 10 players injured against Hertha:

Wait.... WHAT?!
DortmunderJung (Borussia Dortmund) 3 weeks ago
This one has been failed by Tuchel. Castro, Rode and Weigl didn't even work against Red Bull. Leverkusen killed our midfield. Defence was bad as usual

Kick4Life - changing lives through football