Forums / Borussia Dortmund
Order: Newest / Oldest
Borussia Dortmund Chat
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 1 day ago
We avoided bayerm in the pokal.... So if both teams win, we will get a mouth watering final

I was hoping for a home match for the semi's but we will have to get a result in berlin, which is not easy

Can anyone explain to me how the DFB determines which team will be home in cup matches? Luck of the draw?
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) Yesterday
My understanding is that it's just based on the draw. Whichever team is drawn first plays at home
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 14 hours ago
Thanks
Aliko (Barcelona) 3 days ago
Beginning good ;D
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 4 days ago
I agree with MIke.... Too many back passes....

Our final crosses were nowhere near the target.... Just a blah game....
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 6 days ago
So frustrating watching pass after pass after pass after pass completely miss its mark. #1 difference in skill between us and Bayern is by far our horrible passing and long balls
Should also mention the f*cking terrible refereeing too I guess
No. Just no. Just absolute garbage today. Not a single real chance at goal. Spent half the f*cking game passing the ball back towards our own goal. Absolute f*cking garbage
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Another 3 points.... I'll echo what others have said....

- hummels was an own goal.... Bvb got very lucky there
- Ramos is terrible, terrible 1st touch the entire game
- As an American, Happy Pulisic got in there.... Though he wasn't great, he wasn't bad either. Def better than Ramos.... Haha
- Bring on Herta
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Kazuki (Liverpool) 1 week ago
If we go with the media. Dortmund would lose all its starters lol
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 1 week ago
Hummels own goal? Should've been one I'm sad to say....

First goal offside? From a good reply (in HD) it seems like a defender's arm is keeping Auba onside
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 week ago
It actually was offside. The only parts of the body that don't count when checking if it's offside are the arms, because they're the only bodyparts you're not allowed to touch the ball with.

Anyway, we won
Good to know Jeroen! Thanks. I always wondered about that
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 week ago
Just saw the goal again: Auba wasn't offside actually. The defender's body was on the same line as Auba's too
Oh Hummels. Just wow. There was no foul there. Own goal should have stood. What a terrible second half so far
Auba-mannn!    The hero this club deserves
Ramos from the start? I don't get it. Did Castro need a rest? Bad call from Tuchel in my opinion
Ramos.... He's just horrible. I think I've seen him play one good game in his entire BVB season
We started playing so much better after he left the field. I don't know why we keep him other than as back-up in case someone gets injured. He shouldn't be playing as long as we have other options. I'd have started Pulisic sooner than Ramos and kept Auba in the #9 spot
Aliko (Barcelona) 2 weeks ago
It feels like Bundesliga was 1 year off Hope it will be an easy game tomorrow
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
Great way to start the 2nd half of the season.... Auba had a poor game, but we still won. Lets keep it up
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
Lol poor Wolfsburg. Meier with 3 goals from 3 shots
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
For one of the bundesliga's best ever scorers within one season, Auba's finishing can suck so hard! Unbelievable. I think it just proves how fluent our attacking play is, and that Auba, which I would really like as a player, is not the god he's made out to be

Welcome back Durm!

Oh, and also welcome back Reus to some extent
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 weeks ago
I didn't see the match, but anyone can have an off day, particualy when coming back from a break and not 100% sharp. Suarez sometimes looks like he's never scored a goal in his life, even in this talented barca team. The next game he scores a hattrick. It happens
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
That is surely true SIF, but this is far from being the first time I've seen Auba flop so hard
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 2 weeks ago
Yeeaaa.... Pretty bad game from Auba. But still a relatively comfortable win, so at least it's proof that we don't totally depend on him. As usual, our poor finishing and a defensive mistake made it harder to watch than it should have been, but 3 points is 3 points. Hummels was great today, which was a nice change. Also glad to see Durm back. If it wasn't his first competitive match back, we could have really used him in the LB spot from the start. Park is a complete liability. Mikhi continuing his confident form. Reus leading by example. Gundogan finally with a BL goal. All in all a good start to the second half of the season
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 weeks ago
The comparison with Suárez is actually a really good one. Auba and Suárez are not natural finishers IMHO, but it's often masked by their other qualities. They both have assets that allows them to manoeuvre into positions that make finishing easy, but when the finish isn't straightforward, they often mess up. Suárez less so than Auba of course, but like SIF said, he has days where he really should've bagged 2-3 goals and yet failed to score even 1.

Both players seem to start doubting themselves when something goes wrong and then they linger a bit too long or miscue their shots for the rest of the game. Natural finishers like Reus, Müller, Ronaldo or Messi never linger and just grab their chances immediately. There are many more less famous players who have that killer instinct more than Auba or Luis as well, but they seem to become a dying breed these days in football. Coaches want strikers who are multi-dimensional; able to create chances on their own and for their team mates, able to help a lot in defence as well and of course able to score goals.

For all the qualities guys like Auba and Suárez have, you can forgive their slightly less than perfect finishing skill
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 3 weeks ago
Only a few days until the restart...
Kazuki (Liverpool) 3 weeks ago
Feels like an eternity...
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 4 weeks ago
As a Dortmund fan whose first language is English, I've become used to reading the utter bullshit the English media regularly puts out linking every one of our good players with their hilariously overrated and overvalued teams, but even I didn't see this one coming.

Link: www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11679/10129306/man...

Julian has been here for a whole 6 months. The words "pathetic" "idiotic" "c***s" are among the few that come to mind. I've become convinced that the only purpose this nonsense serves is to keep the fragile egos of Premier League fanboys firmly in tact by maintaining the illusion that they can go around the world, drop some money, and just take any player they want.

Auba, Reus, Mikhi, Hummels, Subotic, Gundogan, and now Weigl.

That's just this season. Looks like we won't have many players left this summer. Lol.

-_-
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 4 weeks ago
Haha, yeah, it's basically the same at me -- but the words that come to my mind are more like "hilarious", "funny", and, well, probably "pathetic". I sometimes do enjoy going on news websites and laughing at the comments section (filled with fanboys saying "yeah wenger, WE GET auba", "Reus is a United fan! We'll buy him this january!"). Oh yeah, and the BPL is definitely the best league in the world. Definitely
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 weeks ago
Lol, yeah it's pretty much exactly what you said Mike. The English can't stand not being as powerful as they once were and the need to keep up appearances. I'm not even talking about just football here, they're like that politically too, thinking they're still a major world power.

I guess all former superpowers are like that though
Malik (Barcelona) 3 weeks ago
@UWmike, its not just BVB, Even before Turan played a single official game for us he got linked to United by English news, that what their readers demand, that's what they serve.

English media is master at creating hype around certain thing, last season they made majority of arsenal fan base to believe that lewandowski will be okay with leaving Munich just after couple of seasons and join Arsenal.

No disrespect to arsenal but Munich are on whole different level right now as compared to them and Lewa is been vital part of their team
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 3 weeks ago
English is my only language and every day (in the websites that I can read) there is a bvb player linked to MAN you
KristijanT (Borussia Dortmund) 3 weeks ago
Oh,and Link: www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/01/18/1...
Basically meaning,f**k you,English media
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 weeks ago
^Nice

Kick4Life - changing lives through football