Forums / Borussia Dortmund
Order: Newest / Oldest
Borussia Dortmund Chat
Anyu89 (Borussia Dortmund) 5 hours ago
Haha Mkhitaryan clapping for the Reus vs Weidenfeller fight  Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?VszQTmx-Nlk
TheLEMONdowskii (Borussia Dortmund) 3 hours ago
Lol Mikhi mouse clappin in the background

I tht weidenfeller actioned tht reus doing shots or smokin weed

Srsly though what was the argument about
1909 (Borussia Dortmund) 1 hour ago
Just blowing off steam.... I don't think they argued after they had booked the ticket to Berlin
Jeroen (Barcelona) 6 hours ago
Link: www.transfermarkt.de/en/geruechte-bvb-beobachtet-o...

Aaaah yes! I predicted it!

Then again, every Belgian we're linked with (KDB, Benteke, Lukaku) ends up elsewhere anyway. But we need a versatile AM/winger like him. Thorgan would be a fan-f*****g-tastic signing! He's been the best player in the Belgian league for two years straight at a team that was mediocre before they signed him on loan from Chelsea. If we can get him for anything below €15m, it would be a total steal. He's never injured either; which is a great bonus for a young player still very much developing
Anyu89 (Borussia Dortmund) 5 hours ago
I knew you would love this
Fabiusmaximus (Bayern München) 5 hours ago
@jeroen: how well do you know him? Don't know really much about him, is he as promising as his brother?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 hours ago
Eden is something else; he's potentially top 5 in the world. But Thorgan is similar: he is more like a Marco Reus-kind of player though. Eden is the sort of player who mesmerizes fans while Thorgan and Reus are more direct. But that doesn't mean they're less creative; Thorgan is a good creator AND finisher. His skill, pace and shot are all very good (again, just like Reus) and he's versatile up front too. He works hard in defence and relishes big games.

Truly, this guy would be awesome for us, especially since I fear Marco might not be at BVB in two years' time
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 23 hours ago
I'm not impressed with this Gundogan business. I was excited to read the headline but then I saw '2016'? Even if he makes it back for the start of next season, there's absolutely no doubt that he will be a shadow of the player he was last season. Then next summer we have to face either selling him for a lower sum or losing him for free the following year. This seems like pure laziness from us. They just didn't want to put the effort into finding a replacement this summer and so we're holding on to him as back-up for as long as we can. This benefits no one except Gundogan. He knew it would be risky coming back from an injury in a brand new club. So he stuck with us for one more season where he knows that he'll have the faith of fans and management no matter how good or bad he is. He'll use us to get over his injury and then right when he's getting back to his best he'll be gone. Garbage deal. Can't believe we agreed to this
KingLucas (Liverpool) 20 hours ago
First of all yes that is a horrible deal and I hope it won't be like what happened to Lewa. Second just because he was injured you can't assume he will not be as good as he was. In fact some players train hard and get even better after an injury. Besides Gundogan is starting to hit his peak
Anyu89 (Borussia Dortmund) 19 hours ago
Rumor has it that if he leaves in 2015 a club would have to pay a set amount of 42 mil, and if he doesn't leave then his contract will automatically extend for 2 more years.... If that's the case, then it would be a pretty sweet deal in my opinion
PZPN1989 (Borussia Dortmund) 17 hours ago
Anyu Seriously? Where did you read this?
Anyu89 (Borussia Dortmund) 17 hours ago
Some comment on spox. De.... So yeah, who knows but I like to believe that our management is smarter these days and would reach such a deal
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 15 hours ago
Here's an hypothesis:
What if the club didn't want to sign Gundogan further than 2016 because they're worried if Ilkay will ever get back to his old self skillwise or if his injury will return?
TheLEMONdowskii (Borussia Dortmund) 15 hours ago
Then why not sell him now while labs still wanting to pay top price.
Pretty sure gundogan will leave once he gets better and clubs want him again in a couple of seasons.
This is not setting a good example should hav learned frm Gotze and Lewandowski saga
Deinonychus (Borussia Dortmund) 12 hours ago
What's the alternative?
Is there anybody who seriously wanted to buy him this season?
I only read that recently all the clubs have been pulling back because of his long injury. Which only seems logical.
If we don't extend the contract at all he's free next year. If we give him a longer running contract and he never becomes the player he was again and maybe even stays very injury prone we will be stuck with a player like that earning several millions a year
Jeroen (Barcelona) 6 hours ago
I'm somewhat disappointed too, but like Deino says: what is the alternative? Perhaps Ilkay didn't want to sign for longer than two years, perhaps Anyu is right that there's a fantastic hidden clause that activates unless a club pays €42m (which would be great too)
1909 (Borussia Dortmund) 1 hour ago
I don't understand why we should be disappointed. What was the alternative? He will get back on his feet soon and play another year and BVB will get good money for him at the end of next season. There is also the possibility that he might stay. Everybody wins. Also, it's a display of a respectful realtionship between the two parties which is imho a good thing
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) Yesterday
Berlin Berlin wir fahren nach Berlin!
Gireaux (Bayern München) Yesterday
Never in doubt. See you in Berlin
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) Yesterday
Not so fast. You still have to beat the Kaisers...
Gireaux (Bayern München) 5 hours ago
Nah, we won. I read it in the newspaper.

Link: sportbild.bild.de/fussball/dfb-pokal/pokal/lustige...
TheLEMONdowskii (Borussia Dortmund) Yesterday
Woooooooo    Here we come Kaiserslautern
Why are reus and roman yelling at each other  Reus looks pretty pissed
Deinonychus (Borussia Dortmund) Yesterday
Jesus christ, the number of counter-attacking chances we've been squandering so easily this second half
Should hav had a couple more goals
How the f did lewandowski miss tht
BooYaah
Just when it seemed we were droppin our game, an ice cold lewandowski finish
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) Yesterday
Mkhitaryan = reinvented
PZPN1989 (Borussia Dortmund) Yesterday
Missing those goals against Real might have been the best thing for him
Reus damn should hav been 2 nil
Mikhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii you Fukin beauty
Win or lose as long as we play lik Borussia Dortmund I'm happy
MU4E1999 (Manchester United) Yesterday
Gundogan extends contract till 2016.

Https://pbs.Twimg.Com/media/BlSEf9_IIAA49Rt.Jpg

Congrats, hope he can get a 100% fit and reach his true potential. Phenomenal player, my fave CM last 2 years.
MarkoPollo (Borussia Dortmund) Yesterday
Sadly only until 2016. Just enough for is to build him up again next season, before he leaves after that
This is actually stupid it would hav been better to sell him now if not willing to commit long term 'cause if he has a not so good next season the value goes down

Why did the club offer/agree or am I missing something
Gireaux (Bayern München) Yesterday
I suppose it's an insurance for both parties, Gündogan can get back on his feet without facing the end of his contract, and the management avoid a scenario where they have to decide to keep or sell an in the context of his injury. I can't help but think it also means his injury might extend well into next season, which would be a real shame
PZPN1989 (Borussia Dortmund) Yesterday
Hopefully, they put a 50m release clause in there. If Draxler can go for 45m, then Ilkay should go for higher than him

Kick4Life - changing lives through football