Forums / Blackburn Rovers
Order: Newest / Oldest
Blackburn Rovers V Wigan Athletic, May 7
Metsuri (Everton) 1 year ago
Great job Wigan, Martinez deserves a statue to Fulham stadium next to Michael Jackson of his incredible inspirational skills. Wigan truly got some steel to them towards the end of season. Really happy to see them stay.
Manager was coolness personified all the time
Cron (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Well that ends Blackburns top flight run, was a very close match
Rovernout (Blackburn Rovers) 1 year ago
Rovers plight is a warning to any other team outside the top 5 or 6 in the premiership. In our quest to compete our club invited in attention-seeking charlatans. And now the club has lost it all.

But to anyone who blames Rovers fans for our own demise, it is precisely our love for the CLUB that has led to our revolt against the current owners, team and manager. The fans will pick up the pieces eventually and we WILL be back. In the meantime, watch out, it could be your team next
[account-removed] 1 year ago
1) b******s not all owners are called the Venkys
2) your fans hav been puttin off the team and staff since december which can't help
3) you won't be back

Ps. I'm not evan sayin it in an offensive tone your owners are simply disgusting
Crashbang (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Theyve been putting off their team since december? Good timing, that's the only time they put any form together. No, it isn't the fans fault. Read some of the turd kean has said this season and then you will know how bad he is for rovers
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Your right
Rooneysthebest (Galatasaray SK) 1 year ago
Came here for the chicken.... Wheres the highlights!?!
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Needed more chickens from Venky's to FEED THE YAK! Even with all Yakubu's goals, still not enough to keep em up! Too bad! Its only because of him (go Nigeria woo hoo!) and Hoilet (Go Canada yay!) I cared about Blackburn, hope they leave to better clubs!
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Really sad to see Blackburn go down, I mean they were a interesting team, too bad Hoilett will most likely leave the club for a better team, so sucks for them. That was a very tough game for all fans there at last home game, really sad finish for them with a loss and no goals, but they deserved a penalty in game, as for Wigan, unbelievable how well there doing last games of season, beating big clubs and doing it when it matters, wow its funny how they always manage to stay up but ya too bad for Blackburn, feel bad for there fans
Bikku88 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I'm very happy that wigan managed to stay up and they really deserved it only probelm wigan struggles is because they have very young players and sometimes they make wrong decisions otherwise their playing style is very good to watch, maybe next season martinez will be able to change wigan into proper mid table team and lastly I love wigan's fans who always seem to support their manager and players...
Texasrover (Blackburn Rovers) 1 year ago
Venky's has stripped us of our assets (best players), our respect, and now our premier league status. But they cannot strip us of our pride.

Blackburn Rovers until I die. Arte et labore
Lingliu (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Sorry but I can't agree that Wigan are a class Premier League side, since they joined the Premier League they're always fighting for relegation places and unfortunately it's Blackburn that got relegated tonight which I didn't want to see as I much prefered to see Wigan go down. I don't care what people say Wigan are NOT a Premier League outfit, glad Reading and Southampton are up and hope West Ham too and hope to see Wigan relegated next season! Lucky Wigan staying up again!
Darkdes (Wigan Athletic) 1 year ago
Sorry disagree, Our first season in the top flight resulted in us finishing 10th and a cup final.
From what you say then ANY team that does not get 40k supporters every week and can't spend 35 million on A player doesn't deserve to be in the top league?
Sorry to see liverpool playing terrible football, getting beat from wigan at anfield, paying, millions in transfer and wages for players who lets be honest would just about get in a wigan team. (and that's debatable)
8 seasons and counting. Not bad for a team who only entered the league 30 years ago.

Yeah yeah whatever Darkdes, your team will be down next season
VanChika (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Would rather ve Wigan in the premier league than blackburn.... Several football fans would agree with this, except probably Daglish minions
Shaymoose17 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I'm happy to see Wigan pull out some W's toward the end of the season when it counted! Happy to not see Formica's little rat face in the premier league next year
Hey Lingliu, Wigan are currently playing better football than L'pool! I'd be more worried about my team than someone else's!
ChrisSartin13 (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I'm a liverpool fan as well but Wigan is a team you just have to respect. They are that underdog team you look forward to watching. Blackburn really haven't been that great this season.... At really any time
Nutcracker (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Wigan beat Man you, Liverpool, Newcastle, and Arsenal. That, my friend, is the sign of a great team. Inconsistency obviously riddles the team, but they have the passion and the potential to beat any top flight team when the planets align. Liverpool on the otherhand are just meh, your win against Chelsea yesterday was mostly because Chelsea played real bad and had half of their squad benched. They don't give a crap about that loss yesterday. They want to win the champions league, something Liverpool haven't tasted in a couple of years now. So lets not bash on Wigan. Thank you. Respect 4 Liverpool and their 18 titles
Sorry bad post just having a bad day I apologise to all football fans for my stupid post about Wigan
Sorry Wigan fans I apologise you do deserve your stay in the League and no Nutcracker I'm not a hooligan and a chav, just having a bad day at the office is all
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Well, this game pretty much sums up the season for Blackburn. They have played terribly, and deserve their demotion to the Championship. Their fans have been through hell, and their anger towards Venky's and Steve Kean, especially in their invasion on the field at full time, said it all. It was inevitable right from the start of the season that Blackburn would be close to propping up the table for the better part of the season. Overall, Blackburn's season has been summed up well by this statement in an article - "Having talked of the Champions League, they (Venky's) have piloted Rovers into the Championship. Having aimed for Ronaldinho, they signed Radosav Petrovic. Having been bequeathed a well-run club, they have turned Rovers into a laughing stock. "

On the other side, Wigan have done the Houdini and are safe for another season, well done to them. They've fought hard and secured safety. Now that 2 of the 3 relegation spots have been filled.... Who will be the next come the final whistle of the season? Bolton, or QPR? We'll find out at the end of the season...
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 1 year ago
Of course I'm absolutely delighted. But I'm unsure how to feel about this from a blackburn perspective.

Sadly the club has deteriorated from within to a fraction of what it was (stemming from the venkys takeover). But lots of rovers fans have acted terribly towards kean and offered no support. It didn't work for avb and almost proved fatal for mcleish. Karma.

Everyone is behind martinez over here which is why we have pulled off another escape
Holdfasthope (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
That's correct mate. Congrats on staying up
Yes, I'm glad too that you guys stayed up. Well played and you deserve it.

People were terrible towards kean, but it was all pointed towards Venky's. We have no chairman or anything a well-run club should have, and Kean was literally the face of Venky's to the fans. We've had nowhere to turn to except for kean. Yes I feel sorry for how much stick Kean has taken, but it was his choice to work WITH Venky's to get rid of sam. He's a great coach. Not management material
Quite frankly, I think Kean is a horrible coach, doesn't show any form of enthusiasm during the game or any form that he cares whatsoever! Look at Bolton and Owen Coyle, you can tell during the game, he's screaming at his players, motivating them and making tactical subs! That's why Bolton players still think they can escape relegation even with one game to go, Kean is the leader and if he acts like (which he did since Dec) all hope is lost, so will the players! And Mcleish is an even more terrible coach, got Birmingham relegated, almost doing the same to Villa!
He was a great coach. He was coach under sam. He is a terrible manager, for all the reasons you just listed plus so much more
Lihanguk (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Yeah I kinda liked watching blackburn sometimes to but I enjoy watching wigan so much more I hope that martinez stays but he is probably going to leave I feel bad for blackburn but they deserve to be relegated honestly
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 1 year ago
Martinez won't leave yet. Not at least for another season.    Moses will also stay I think
Cr7real (Fenerbahce SK) 1 year ago
Ugh. Blackburn was fine a few years ago. I was actually quite fond of them

Kick4Life - changing lives through football