Forums / Bayern München
Order: Newest / Oldest
Bayern München V Chelsea, May 19
Gabzta (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Sorry, to those people saying Bayern Mucnchen were the better team. Yes they were pushing forward better then chelsea, But shots to Goals ratio, much lower than chelsea. And saying bayern should have won.... Don't think they deserve to win if they can't put away least one goal from that many chances.... 10 corners 0 goals, 1 corner 1 goal....

Chelsea European Champions 2012
Vitruvius (Toronto) 2 years ago
From a coaching perspective, the objective of football is to create chances of their own and limit other team chances, whether or not if that leads to a goal is down to individuals. Bayern limited Chelseas chances while Chelsea allowed way too many. Its down to individual failure that these chances are not converted.
I am not saying playing defensive is bad, but its not a good defensive display by Chelsea at all. Inter 2010 only allowed 2-3 clear chances to Barcelona, while Chelsea allowed 5 shots on the post. Drogba/Ramires saved Chelsea's ass this tournament as they have scored goals so good that even Ronaldo and Messi would be jealous of. Di Mateo had nothing to do with these wins.
Defending with 10 men is not anti-football if it actually serves its purpose of limiting opponents chances on goal, but defending with 10 men and still allow 40 shots?
Jgibbs2 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Actually the objective of football is to put the ball in the back of the net. Sorry, but you are wrong
Bayern limited Chelseas chances.... For some reason chelsea didn't have a good forward momentum, but when they did push forward, Beyern's defence lacked.

Chelsea's set plays make you for poor forward momentum. Too bad they only had one corner
Chelsea28 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
So true, the objective is to score more goals and win. Chances are useless if you don't convert that to goal. Let's say they allowed 40 shots, did they manage to score more goals than us? No? European champs beybeh!
Hahaha, yeah buddy.
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
So many things can Change from one kick of the ball, one referee decision, one post, one save, one chance. Chelsea got that luck with some great defence and Cech in net. Imagine if we didn't come back to Napoli, we had the belief and motivation. Imagine if Benfica pulled off a win that they could have had, imagine if Barcelona would have finished there chances and Messi scored penalty and changed game, Imagine if Neuer made the save on Drogba's header, or imagine if Robben didn't have his penalty saved in extra time or Schweinstager finished what he deserved, what if all the Bayern and Chelsea suspended players could have played, imagine imagine, what if what if. So many things happen that change a game, Nothing is written in by the stats or odds of game, anything can happen, strong defence and goalie and strong offence are all needed, finishing the chances are key and playing as a team and doing your best is key. Anything is possible, from one lucky save from cross-bar to one player missing empty net or a ref giving a penalty or red card, everyone needs to have hope and motivation and belief they can win, and beat all the odds and chances and just do there best, one thing can change everything, it happens to quick and gets forgotten but its part of the game of football that we love, we never know whats going to happen next! Chelsea Champions of Europe, look at our season and all that has happened both in EPL and Champions League! Amazing isn't it! Love Football!
Cech = Boss
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
For some reason I just felt that Chelsea would win the Champions League from the beginning, from no one taking us serious from when we were down 3-1 to Napoli first leg, I had hope and belief we would do it and we did, from Barcelona which I just felt a miracle and the best odds would have being defeated and shock the world there was something I just knew it would happen from Ramires chip, to the Messi miss to whatever, Bayern I just felt Robben was going to be saved and that we would come back in penalties. I will say I may have being biased for chelsea all season but especially Champions League I felt it, I always had hope and belief we would do it and never gave up and always had the excitement and it happened and love it! I'm a Chelsea fan forever!
Timai2 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I still don't know how it happened but Chelsea were destined to win this trophy.

You can't help but feel for Bayern though. They played well but that's football for you
Bogeh (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Not sure if anyone notice the strategy chelsea played with. They simplay let robben and ribery do thier magic and let them run at thier defence line for 80mins. By the time drogba equalized, robben and ribery is totally exhauted. They simply can't do thier magic when exhausted, ribery got cramp and subbed, robben missed the penalty and thier shots are almost 90% off target most of the time. I even saw robben shouting for water during a corner kick. Maybe is all planned out by RDM. I do admit chelsea did get lucky but bayern made a mistake taking muller out for buyten, s**t happen and well played by both teams.

But I still don't understand why bertrand and kalou is starting ahead of malouda and torres. Ktbffh! Drogba please retire in blue!
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I don't think that was on purpose LOL!
Vitruvius (Toronto) 2 years ago
Game could have been over before 80 minutes. I refuse to give credit to RDM.... It was down to individual magic in the end. To say that Bertrand is worse than Malouda is ignorant. Bayerns right side was quiet all night with Bertrand on, and when he went off, all of a sudden Muller got a few headers. The Muller goal also was half Maloudas fault
Bikku88 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Bayern's right side was quite because of ashley cole not bertrand, though defensively he played alright as he is a defender attacking wise he was the slow link, whenever chelsea were on counter attack he messed up the rythm by simply slowing down the ball.... No wonder he was the first one to be substituted by RDM, thougmalouda now not on form was thunderous when he was in his prime seasons with chelsea, bertrand is nowhere compared to malouda in terms of attacking...
MiasanmiaFCB (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Bayern had two huge chances in the first half attacking chelsea's left side (once robben penetrating into the box and once gomez, beating cahill in a one on one and aiming just too high) so it wasn't that quiet. I wouldn't blame müller's goal on malouda, that was all on ahsley cole, he looked completely lost on the pitch. Other than that, he played awesome!
Iannk (Barcelona) 2 years ago
In KSI's voice:    "droggbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"
GoonerZain (Arsenal) 2 years ago
"He is a rather fast black man. "
[account-removed] 2 years ago
GOOOOOOO CHELSEAAAA! YEA BABY WHAT A GAME
Muffy (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Just cry
Monkeymagic01 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Chelsea Legend rogba, Lampard, J. Terry, Cole, Mourinho, Cech! Since 05!
RouslanH (Chelsea) 2 years ago
An di matteo!
Drayan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
God wrote chelsea will win UCL.... Chelsea won
How can you not say this aint god's work. Man.... Unbelievable :S
Yesterday I supported chelsea because of EPL
And screamed like a retard when drogba scored....
Viva English football!
Lawrence83 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
This is one of the greatest football season ever, crazy Man City finish, Bayer knock out Real in an amazing fashion, Dortmund got the double, Messi breaking the Champion League single game scoring record. Real won the league with a road El Classico while breaking league scoring and points record, Juventus finish unbeaten, Montpellier might win their 1st title ever and then this crazy UCL finish. Wonder there's any possible way Euro 2012 can top all these
Stifler619 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Ofcourse.... Evrything is possible.... I say  England TO WIN EURO 2012 LOL
Especially with Roy = Coach and half liverpool team playing in da squad.... Hahahhaha
Zakulon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Drogba legend
BoiiFresh (Arsenal) 2 years ago
footytube! We demand highlights!
Caske (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Congratulation Chelsea.
This game and the semi final vs. Barcelona was the worst football I ever see. I hope next season will win by a team which plays football.
Zackon (Chelsea) 2 years ago
How old are you? Ever heard something called defending?
Siyavosh2002 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Oh please Zackon, don't even try to say anything.... Just be happy you won...
Monkeymagic01 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Don't bite his bait
Chelsea coach is Italian so its natural to play defensive!
Remember this tactic won them champions league by eliminating Barca and the same tactic was used by Real madrid to beat barca.... So sometime you need to play hardball
Jkiller (Atltico Nacional) 2 years ago
Its funny cause that's the way you guys beat bayern in the cup final(you scored more goals but still used the same strategy chelsea used)
Scs33 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
A sad day for lovers of true football. Disgusting english s**t
No zackon don't comment! Its a trap!
Pyotar (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Fact: 90% of Chelsea supporters are talking about defending IS PART OF THE GAME! So let´s talk about this part: bayerns defence WAS faaaaaaaaaaar better! Compare the amount of chances every team had. You got so lucky that you scored with the only corner you got (though it was a really nice goal from a f*****g perfect striker)! THE better defesne; THE better offense; THE better fottballplaying team: LOST!

But: the more effective team (won) got the trophy, so congrats to Chelsea!
Well obviously we have to take our set pieces...
MacGillycuddy (Liverpool) 2 years ago
It was the same thing against Barca. Chelsea got lucky with their "Parkings the bus" playstyle in both games. Sad but true...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football