Forums / Bayern München
Order: Newest / Oldest
Bayern München V Chelsea, May 19
Smitty29 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Chelsea's 8-1-1 (6-3-1?) formation is how you stop attacking teams. Take note future champions league underdogs. All congrats to chelsea, the script was written for them, and they did not disappoint. As much as I dislike Chelsea, I am happy to see Drogba win the champions league, he is a good guy, and has done a lot for his troubled homeland.

Robben is not a great PK taker. He put pace on the ball and kept it down, but the placement was horrible. Bayern's finishing was not there today, but cheslea's defenders blocked 10 shots or so.

I thought Cheslea's counter attack would be more dangerous and get a goal or two from it. I was a little irritated at all the media saying Bayern would win hands down. I picked Chelsea to win 2-1 and won a few bucks off it too.

Oh, and thank you for knocking spuds out of the champions league. Faggots
Mordos (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Fair play to you, at least we can now both enjoy the spuds heading off to some european backwater on thurday nights. Its where they belong
Elassjay (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Not every team pulls off with a defensive display. You need alot of discipline and teamwork.
Qpr parked the bus with 10 men. But they still lost a 2-1 lead to city.
You can either say it doesn't work against every team, or you can say it doesn't work for every team.
But give chelsea credit because they worked their socks off to make it work
Cheesenip (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Robben needs to learn from Neuer!    Lol jk he looked so awkward going up to kick
Funny that Chelsea got lucky the last four matches in the champions league, you can't be lucky all the time there has to be another reason to be fair
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
We got our luck but we played our best and through so much hard work with suspensions and red card vs Barcelona and great defence and scored when needed, we may have had the luck but we had to still do the work to get the wins@
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
First, as much as it was really undeserved today as Bayern Munich were the better team, congrats Chelsea on winning the UCL trophy. It's been a long time coming for you guys, and at long last, you got there against all the odds. No Terry, Ramires, Ivanovic or Miereles.... No worries at all! Drogba went from hero with the equaliser to villain in fouling Ribery.... Only to become hero again in getting the winner. The scene of Drogba afterwards running around on the field with the UCL trophy is priceless.

As for Bayern Munich.... I guess heartbreak never got so large until now. You were the better team, but realistically if you have 40-odd shots on goal and only 7 on target, it's inevitable that the other side will sneak in, especially when Chelsea parked the bus against Munich. Robben really screwed up with the penalty, and Schweinsteiger will be heartbroken at missing his in the penalty shootout. The game was theirs to be won and it was wasted.

I guess there's three things post UCL that will be contemplated over the summer -

1. Hard luck Spurs in missing out on champions league Football, Chelsea pipping Bayern at the death would not have only been heartbreaking for the Germans but for you guys too. It'll be interesting to see what happens to you guys in the summer - will the likes of Bale and Modric stay, when both desire champions league football over Europa?

2. Will Abramovich keep RDM on a permanent basis? RDM has achieved a lot in cup competitions, such as winning the FA Cup and UCL, but let's not forget that domestically, when AVB was sacked, Chelsea were 5th (3 points behind 4th), when RDM took over, Chelsea finished 6th (6 points behind 4th), and RDM won 5 out of 11 games as manager, one of them the controversial win over Wigan. Admittedly the UCL win will be a factor, but honestly shouldn't be the only one for Abramovich to consider.

3. Will Drogba stay? His contract is up now, so it'll be interesting to see what he decides. On one hand, he could stay and continue being a good striker for Chelsea. On the other hand, going out on this high after achieving so much would be the icing on the cake for Drogba, and there's no better way to go out in my opinion
Undeserved champions league titles are what Liverpool are all about
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Yeah.... 5 times all undeserved.... LOL
All 3 points pretty interesting I really agree wonder what happen with spurs players and RDM and AVB situation was interesting I feel a bit bad for AVB and think more players but RDM did excellent job in Champions League part but interesting about his record in EPL wasn't the greatest, but ya and I hope Drogba stays, but what an exit if he doensn't
Cammiejohn (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I wonder what the odds were for Chelsea to win the UCL in the semis, before their first leg clash with Barcelona.... Man I wish I put some money on em, would've been a BIG payday today
Well it was 4:1 for a Chelsea win and a 13:1 for a Chelsea penalty win. And yeah I wish I had made the bet woulda made BANK
Bogeh (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Didier Drogba la la la la la, DD Drogba lalalala...
Ch3ls3a (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Cech is a beast. He is a beast I say. FIFA 13 Cech=Wall
Realmanufan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Link: imgur.com/gqzR5    Haha alaba must be so embarrased    
Sixsoccer (Chelsea) 2 years ago
This was written as soon as RDM took over and Chelsea came back against Napoli
MESSl (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Torres must be dam happy now? Lol
Oh ya forsure!
Surfryn89 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Kinda funny really there were a couple years where chelsea dominated everyone were by far the most talented and stacked team even to the point where they dominated barcelona in that infamous semi but really were ripped off.... Needless to say looks like karma had their back throughout this champions league campaign I'm not to happy about terry getting a champions league medal but I couldn't be happier for drogba, lampard, and czech
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
So its official.... Once a team beats barcelona in the semi's they win the final lmao.... Well done chelsea!
Footballpassion (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Yes.... The one who beat bayern will beat anyone and conquer the europe.... Man utd had done it, inter had done it and yesterday we had prove it again.... What a mighty team barcelona is
Andrewmcross (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Lmfao lmfao I actual picked Bayern from the start and was rooting for them but I'm still happy Chelsea won bc wht dose that say about the EPL that our 6th place team concurred the "best" team in the world in 2 games at both stadiums and all of europ including beating the team who eliminated the "second" best team? Nobody in the world can argue the EPL is by far the dominate league in the world like just take the top 9 epl teams and compare them to the top 9 teams in any other league there is no comparison in skill level after the top 2 maybe 4 epl teams depending on the league face it Barca are. Madrid and other great teams from other leagues I can't consider the best bc they don't have the competition the EPL teams have to on a geame in game out basis
Bruninho 2 years ago
Dude, in your next post - please use a ". " or a ", " from time to time...
Cboss718 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Unlucky, Unlucky Bayern. You guys deserved to win, you were the better team
Rajmahal 2 years ago
The better team is the team that takes their chances
SmallCar (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Please do not waste your champions league spot.... And make proud of england in next season champions league...
Stifler619 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Bayern had the easy run in.... And look chealsea de beat napoli and then mighty Barca.... Truly Derserve it!
MiasanmiaFCB (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Saying bayern had the easy run in is ridiculous. They had the toughest imaginable group with napoli and man city and only lost final game where they were already qualified and rested their starters. Basel and marseille are not top class teams but they displayed that they can cause upsets as they kicked out manu and inter. And real isn't that bad either...
"written in the stars" no other way to put it.

From the napoli game to the 10 man barca brawl to todays game

Truly makes me happy to be a Chelsea fan. Congrats blues!

And Cech should've taken a penalty. If Neuer can do it Cech can do it
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Dude i've been seing all your post all over footytube, at least with the same picture! You claimed to be a city fan after they won, now u're a chelsea fan!? Glory hunting much!
SoccerJam you serious? That be kinda crazy if that's true and Cheesenip whats the truth?  
Mongol99 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
This guy was city fan but different name same picture
AND Didier Drogba please don't leave next year! =(

Kick4Life - changing lives through football