Forums / Bayern München
Order: Newest / Oldest
Bayern München Chat
Zorsita (Bayern München) Yesterday
Boy I really hope this Lukaku story is simply just a story. We don't need him and he sure ain't worth 65 million! Epl players are so expensive and mostly over hyped. Would rather splash that sum on an Aguero...
Zorsita (Bayern München) 1 day ago
I think United needs SAF in its helm again to revitalize the club. Damn! Can't even laugh at how poor and clueless they looked today
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 day ago
Really? Because I certainly can. I respect Utd as a club, but any club hiring Mourinho instantly becomes a club I love to watch losing.

But yeah, Ferguson leaving an already declining and ageing Utd absolutely crushed them. I think we all expected them to do worse after he left, being the greatest manager ever, but I didn't expect this
Seems like they can't catch a break; doesn't matter who they hire, some things just never change. They have been through two managers before Mou and for a club that had Fergie for such a long time that spells crisis
Remember when a united fella said we were nothing but a top 4 side in the epl.... Lol my reply was I hope we meet so that we can show you how far we are from a top 4 side
Tomikato 1 day ago
They keep hiring these coaches who have a defensive mentality. Truth is - united under SAF did do their fair share of dirty work with closing down games - but they were also breathtaking and attacking when they had to be. United was never a team who went out to play a draw.

Then there is also this problem about who can truly replace saf even in the short term
Zorsita (Bayern München) 4 days ago
I think the word masterclass is now thrown around too loosely. Nothing about city's performance was a masterclass; they got humiliated period. Now a good beating from Barca is nothing to be ashamed of but don't fool yourself into believing that performance was anything but awful. We played the same way against barca and don't know how we survive units the latter parts of the seventieth minute when Messi broke through. Neuer saved us from a proper thrashing.... Thank goodness it only ended at 3:0.

Pep for all his prowess believes his ideology should see him through every thing. He might change personal but tactics wise his team's all play a certain way; a fatal error when facing elite teams especially away from home. I feel it's all good and well to play a positive dominating game in your home and aim to get a result away from home. If only he could take a more reactionary style of play away from home then he might be impossible to stop.

It's no fun seeing Pep's team trying to be positive and attack whomever and the opposition just sits back and pick his teams out at will. Pep is either gonna' win convincingly or gets demolished convincingly- no middle ground. The perfect coach will be a combination of pep and Mouse tbh
Bavaria (Bayern München) 4 days ago
Can we drop this Pep thing? He is no longer our coach and don't give a s**t about him anymore
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 4 days ago
^ true
4ever (Barcelona) 4 days ago
Yep and I hope our fans also stop to come out whenever Bayern have bad day in office. Let's move on.
@zorsita, agreed with your points though I don't ever think he is going to start playing cautiously
Tomikato 3 days ago
I think the animosity comes from the fact that the world expects Bayern to love Pep the way they do. That logic is flawed, and most reasonable folks know that.

The reason we are loving Pep at City is because he is giving City a new breath of fresh air. The 'Master Class' sentiment is coming from a City's viewpoint. To be honest, we have not had world class coaches and we feel like we are making progress under Pep. Nothing to do with whether he is the best in the world or not - honestly we don't care. He is the best that we've had as a City mgr/coach. Similar to the seemingly ridiculous statement 'this is the best city has played against Barcelona' in spite of losing 4-0. City is nowhere near the big clubs but the fact that it is making some positive strides is very dear to the City fans. Nobody and their granny would have thought that City can play the way they are right now and be on a transitionary journey to get better with pleasing football. I am loving this
ArjenFranzz (Bayern München) 5 days ago
Robben is such a joy to watch. When will ribery be back so we can all enjoy robbery again?
Iscodisco (Real Madrid) 5 days ago
It must be frustrating seeing one gets injured just when the other gets back in shape.

When on the same lineup, those two are too dangerous for any opposition
Bavaria (Bayern München) 4 days ago
The time where both were injury free we won champions league
Maaza (Barcelona) 5 days ago
Wow this Kimmich guy can't stop scoring!
Bavaria (Bayern München) 5 days ago
Indeed, soon we should drop lewandowski and play kimmuch as striker
Its amazing how both robben and ribery play so well when coming back from long term injury
Maaza (Barcelona) 5 days ago
I guess they're just so accustomed to coming back from injuries.... Wish they could actually stay fit
Crxxx (Bayern München) 5 days ago
Great improvement by the entire squad.

Neuer, Alaba, Kimmich, Thiago, Müller, all where very composed tonite.

But once again Robben was the player who made the difference.
Involved in 3/4 goals, aggressive dribblings, opening spaces, great passing.

If only we could see him and Ribery in form from next spring to end of the season!

Although Coman and Costa are very talented and promising, they lack the necessary danger in front of goal. They aren't even close to the level of "Robbery". They are still young though, lets see if they can be adequate successors
Agreed maaza
4ever (Barcelona) 5 days ago
Jupp really got benefited by robbery staying fit whole season if am not mistaken. A fit robbery in their prime is as dangerous as MSN or BBC IMHO
Zorsita (Bayern München) 5 days ago
Classic Pep doing what he does best
I wouldn't call it that, it was basically a slip from fernadicho and idiotic mistake by bravo let his tactics down
You know it's much more than those incidents but that's another story. I sometimes wished the man could find a middle ground between his ideology when playing dangerous opposition.

I mean playing pragmatically in the face of MSN doesn't take away from you, it just shows you understand and respect the abilities of your opponent
As of pep till now, there is no middle ground, lol. But I believe his stint at epl would change him a bit
Same problem with our team torn between two styles of play. High pressing with a non committed back line. That's the reason there seems to be a gap between our midfield and our defence.

If you are gonna' high pressure then you need to play a high line too period. No ifs and buts that's how the tactics work. If you wanna play more conservatively than it has to start from the forward players as well. That's means dropping off to take defensive position from which to press the ball and opposition.

But having the forward players and midfield committed themselves while the defensive line isn't where it needs to be creates a gap! If Carletto wants a continuation of Pep's tactics he should follow and apply them well. Right now we are stuck in a limbo
We really suck at defending atm, I guess most of the players haven't gotten over peps system yet, with pep we defended with possession and high pressing, and now when we loose the ball its seems like everyone forgot how to actually defend. Players just need more time to adapt to carlo's system, it doesn't happen over a day
Crxxx (Bayern München) 5 days ago
On the question on tonites defensive weaknesses, both Robben and Hummels commented post match that the problem lies in that the squad is still somewhere in between Pep's and Ancelotti's style.

I think this statement explains the problem you described, but it is just a matter of time and practice under Ancelotti until this dissolves.

High pressing with high back lines, as we found out under Pep, makes us too prone to counter attacks.

I enjoy our possession heavy, attacking style but I prefer giving away some of the former for more defencive stability and also for letting the opponent make the mistake that leads to a successfull interception.

I agree on your analysis. I prefer Ancelotti to go a different way than Pep though
Zorsita (Bayern München) 1 week ago
Man our Midfield does little to help out our defence! I mean how do we manage not to have a presence in the middle of the park? We need a Javi like anchor and what's with the midfield taking up positions on the flanks? Why not just allow the fullbacks to guage their movements going forward and recovering withe the help of the wingers....

So easy to run past the guys in the middle and pressure our defence. We don't address this problem and it won't matter who plays central back for as we will still look stale and give up chances upon chances.
Fabiusmaximus (Bayern München) 1 week ago
Arjen f****n Robben! Man if this guy stayed injury free for one season....
Unstoppable. Actually can't see how Coman or Costa shoul fill his shoes
ArjenFranzz (Bayern München) 1 week ago
I think it was two seasons ago where robben was on fire scoring every game 1 or 2 goals. Then come February he got injured and could never get his fitness back. I think he ended the season with 18 goals in the league maybe 20 not to sure on that. If he stays fit for one whole season he would have won the balon d'or award
Fabiusmaximus (Bayern München) 2 weeks ago
Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=BlEqNuFlhEQ    Nice documentary about Pep
Aufgehtsbayern (Bayern München) 2 weeks ago
Ribery lewy muller
Vidal javi
Alaba hummels boa lahm
433 like Carlo likes

When robbens back muller in the cam thiago next to vidal
ArjenFranzz (Bayern München) 2 weeks ago
Isn't robben back in training his injury was just a bruised rib right?
Zorsita (Bayern München) 2 weeks ago
A 4231 will see Muller in his cam role while maintaining our usual flank plays and partnership. The obvious problem will be the midfield duo and who Carlo might select. Whoever he selects he is still gonna' have 2-3 midfielders sitting on the bench every game.

I for one wanna see Javi back in midfield but with Xabi, Thiago, Kimmich, Sanchez, Vidal I fear I might not get my wish
Zorsita (Bayern München) 2 weeks ago
I still haven't forgotten that Javi Bastian midfield partnership. One of the best I have ever seen. Dominating, controlling and superior; boy we did not concede a single game after the round of 16 games on route to our treble. Bear in mind we played juve and then barca. Kept a clean sheet.... What a defence no doubt but Martinez and schweini made it happen
YES those two were the perfect tandem such a shame they only played together for one year
Bengalbreda (Bayern München) 3 weeks ago
I really want to see muller in the cam role again just behind lewandowski, he was extremely effective there in the second half of the 2012-13 season. I think in the right wing he is wasted. Especially when we have robben and coman
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 3 weeks ago
True. Miss him there too
Vaaz (Nîmes Olympique) 3 weeks ago
Agree, he is not a winger at all. He always cuts inside but since he is supposed to play in the wing ends up somewhere around the edge of the box
Tomikato 3 weeks ago
What's your regular formation guys?    Also, where does this wonderkid Kimmich play? Did Pep have a hand in training this guy?
Fabiusmaximus (Bayern München) 2 weeks ago
We're playing a 4-3-3 atm, with kimmich mostly playing as central midfielder or as right back
Someone needs to play behind lewy, it was obvious in the atletico game. I'd like to see thiago pushed a little higher with Vidal or kimmich or javi to help out behind him
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 2 weeks ago
@Tomikato Kimmich was playing CB under Pep
Tomikato 2 weeks ago
Thanks guys. Looks like he is very versatile. And yes, lots of goals for the positions that he is playing wow
Zorsita (Bayern München) 3 weeks ago
Damn the barca game lol. What a game
Bavaria (Bayern München) 3 weeks ago
Top teams struggling this week
ArjenFranzz (Bayern München) 3 weeks ago
Guys where is costa?
Gumba (Bayern München) 3 weeks ago
ArjenFranzz (Bayern München) 3 weeks ago
How long is he out for?
Gumba (Bayern München) 3 weeks ago
Pretty sure he should be back in training after the international break
Bavaria (Bayern München) 3 weeks ago
Argh man international break again? 2 weeks!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football