Forums / Basement Chat
Order: Newest / Oldest
Would You Rather?
BNetworks (Chelsea) 4 years ago
What is more important for you as a footballer who has just joined a new club - the ability to communicate well with the manager/coach or with your team mates?
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 4 years ago
Both are important, but I would go for the team mates.... After all, it is the atmosphere in the team which makes the difference. I would feel miserable if I wasn't getting on well with other players
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 4 years ago
I also think its more important to be on good terms with your teammates otherwise your team will suck Its also more fun to bitch at your coach, and then play well so he can't get pissed at you
I guess the scenario is almost similar as a teacher and the students and it's great to be able to communicate with your fellow mates. On the other hand, there is also the possibility of the manager benching you if he doesn't like you either. I'll go for team mates - afterall, will def celebrate with them after a victory than with a manager!
Alright I think this one is pretty good

Would you rather not go to the WC for your home country (grew up in, born in, have the biggest connection with) becuase you don't have the certain something , or go to the WC with a team that you are somehow eligible to play for (one of your parents was born there) for example, lucas barrios (is argentinian, was made paraguayian within weeks (mother was born there))?

This is meant for short term decisions, so not like people like podolski or klose who have lived most of their life in germany but were born in Poland.

Since I feel a great bond to Germany, and both my parents are German I don't really have the choice, but if I did if and I was young I probably would decide to not go to the WC, if I was older and it was my last chance I might have a different opinion
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
In my case. Bangladesh or iran? Not much bloody point in picking as ill never see them in the world cup haha
MansoDaSilva (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I wouldn't go, simple, I would never play for a country other than mine
Well, it depends on many factors really, in a case when my home country would not want me in the national team, but I would be eligible to play for a weaker one, I would prefer to stay at home and watch the tournament in the TV.... I just can't imagine representing a different country than the one where I was born, raised, with which I have strong bonds. Not possible for me
Ponchoman17 (Internacional Porto Alegre) 4 years ago
If the Micronesian national team makes the world cup and calls me up, I would so go!
This is good, would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Everything on my mind. That way I could learn to control my thoughts to the extreme. Of course at the beginning it would take a lot of trial and error, mostly blurting errors.
Yea ill go with saying everything on my mind, always good to be honest, even if some things you might want to keep to yourself! Imagine never speaking again.... Horrible
I will speak my mind but the words that come out of my mouth must be an exact and diplomatic representation of what I need to say. It is always that certain salt and pepper added between the words that will eventually cause uneasiness and subsequently to an argument that will be endless...
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
What's a mind?
Would you rather spend time with cool strangers or boring friends?
Boring friend mate, like they say a freinds a friend
Cool strangers. I like making new friends, and it doesn't mean I'll loose the oldies either
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Oh deffo cool strangers, theres nothing worse than a bore, especially ones you know, its harder to get out of their company.... Lol
Cold strangers will be a challenge - definitely try to warm up the atmosphere. Have a few boring friends and you get just a single "yes, no, ok, alright" from them which actually kill the conversation...
@BNetworks *cool* (as in fun to chill with, easy to get on with) not *cool/cold* as in low temperature.
Mind's not exactly working these 2 weeks
But cool strangers sometimes ain't that cool when you actually get to know them better
So true Presju!
A week in prison or three and a half months comunity service
Community service - at least I get some freedom. You could be dead (or outright abused) in less than a week in prison...
Prison. 3 and a half months is preety long
I think I might take Prison for a week, just ask for one of those single cells you know where they put people in to be alone as punishment lol but at least no one can harm you there I'll take one week of solitude over 3. 5 months of workin my ass off pickin up garbage of a highway hehe or wiping some old dudes....
@Robbery69 - who knows, the old dude may name you as the heir to his will. Long shot but possible, ha, ha....
Community service man, I'm not that hard! Lol
Community Service, you don't ever want to go to jail mates. Ever. For any amount of time
Community service.... Being made into a man whore is not really appealing if you ask me
I don't know if this has been done yet....

Fifa or PES?

What do you guys prefer?

P. S. I prefer Fifa
That is really tough mate, it depends on the edition I think.... FIFA 10 wasn't particularly great, so for the time being, i'll go with PES. Although I hope the new FIFA will kick ass
Note: I meant the newest versions
Never really tried pes. But on the chances I did I didn't enjoy it down to me playing fifa for such a long time. Sorry fifa for me
PES straight
PES!
FIFA 99 FIFA 2006, PES 7, FIFA 2009, FIFA 2010, and probably FIFA 2011.

Pes falls behind in many simple areas, but game play focus on two completely different styles, so its hard to even compare.

Pes for PC
Fifa for Playstation 3
Joeymac (Manchester United) 4 years ago
FIFA all the way. Lol there's a whole debate topic about this. FIFA might even pass PES on PC with the "next-gen" PC. I only wish FIFA had more national teams and the champion's league license
Well i've seen fifa finally licence holland, russia and uraguay in the last game, I'm preety sure by the next one all the national teams are licenced fully, but I agree with the champions leaugue thing
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
The last champions league game they had was screwed up, I see why they took it away.

Now though I think Fifa is the best in all areas of any football game
Chicken or Beef? Lol random much?
Beef of course - certified mad-cow disease free and grilled, thank you. Ever tried steamed chicken chinese-style? Tastes great too...
Beef, I'm not a chicken lover.... Plus, I once saw a dead chicken running without a head and that spooked me out big time, so maybe it's a childhood trauma
Beef!
Chicken. Straight up. Easier to clean, cleaner animals, easier on the system naturally
Would you rather be a plastic surgeon or a gynaecologist?
I actually opt for a plastic surgeon - have always wanted to see my 3D creativity come to life....
Gynaecologist for me
If I had the choice neither gynaecologist sounds awesome, but imagine some of the disgusting things you might have to look at.... :s and since I'm no good with blood I doubt I would make a very good plastic surgeon but I guess that would be my choice, plus you get paid like crazy
Gynecologist.... But I would narrow my choice of patients only to young and foxy ladies
Perhaps for most of us not being in this field of medicine, feel that gynaecology is probably one of those ultimate professions. But in my opinion from observations of gynaecologist friends, daily routine works on these feminine parts - nice, misused, diseased (you can describe all you want) seemed to have some impact on their perception on the parts where most other men have always adore
Plastic Surgeon. When they are coming to you for Gynaecologist you are always looking for something wrong or there is something already wrong gross.

Plastic Surgeon you can help people, and I would actually refuse boob jobs for the record
Would you Rather have the Ability to Be invisible or the Ability to fly
Seen it couple of times here already...
Fly definitely
Being invisible. Because if I wish to fly, there is always the airplane as an option
RealFan (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Being invisible! You can do what ever you want when ever you want
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I know its past 4 days, if anyone interested in flying , take a look.

Wearing a kilt while flying.... LMAO.    Now we know why Superman prefers his undies outside....
Would you rather spend an evening having a one-to-one dinner with your favourite footballer or with the movie star you admire the most?
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Fave footballer easily, gotta' pester them with a shitstorm of questions
With a footballer any day,
I would definetly spend an evening with a footballer
Mate your asking this on a site called footytube lols who wouldn't go for a footballer
No harm trying.... Lol
I wouldn't! I would go for Monica Bellucci mrrrraaauuu
Now we have a counter choice....
I choose footballer movie star! Vinnie Jones!
So you get the best both worlds, like hannah montana wise guy
Why would you have a one on one dinner with a footballer?

That sounds silly to me, I would choose movie star and a woman at that.

Your not going to a pub for drinks, your sitting down to dinner boring. Unless of course your talking to George Best or someone else from that era, who have real stories to tell. We probably know more about footballers than ever these days. Not sure they would share much about their personal life with you haha
Back to the movies. Would you rather be an Avatar Driver, using your brain to drive a Navi physical form like Jake Sully or an AMP Suit Operator like Col. Quaritch, driving a robot using your physical movements?
Avatar man. They were uber cool with physical abilities like that, I would feel awesome besides, colonel Quaritch was a bit of a b*tch
I find the AMP suit very appealing though...
Ok, I'll admit it, the AMP is kinda badass but on the other hand, flying those creatures (can't remember what were they called and can't bother to check) was even more wicked
Maybe I'm watching too many movies these days but, would you rather be tortured by a government agent or a terrorist?
Can you change the terrorist to a group of sadistic nymphomaniacs?
No problem! I'd rather that They must wear masks though!
I'm not Masochist...
LOL...
Terrorist, they are extreme and have it in their minds that what they perseive to be pain is shown in either blood or loss.

Government Agent is more corrupt and would go farther in other areas of disrespect than anyone else living on this earth. Torturing is their profession as opposed to someone torturing too prove a point.

Can I guess? Did you watch Unthinkable? Great movie!
2 vacancies available - Swimming instructor in an air-stewardess training facility or an enforcement officer in a women's penitentiary?
Enforcement Officer.... So that I can 'enforce'...
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Deffo an enforcement officer for juno, he loves locking things up.... Lmao  Go get em juno>>>>
Enforcer for me too.  There is an old saying "use the force!"
Hahaha! Swimming instructor.... Wet ta-tas are nice sweaty jailbird ta-tas are just alright...
Swimming instructor. Girls in this facility are carefully chosen for looks and charming personalities. At the penitentiary, they are wild and may be extremely violent...
Swimming instructor most definitely.

Not only do I love swimming but I'll take Emirates flight stewardess' please. Nice training facility too. I'm assuming we get to live on location?

Some of those women in the penitential are mad and may impose their will upon you
A little morbid but, would you rather burn to death or freeze to death?
Freeze to death.... We Chennaites are already almost getting burned to death in summers
RealFan (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Burn to death
I think I'd choose freeze to death.... Maybe quicker? :S
Freeze any day. Shiver till you can't feel nor pain nor anything rather then painfully die slowly
Freeze. Think it wouldn't be as painful as burn right? No?
Freeze - slip into hypothermia and die while asleep
Freeze, you pass out faster and less painful
Would you be Spiderman or Superman?
Superman. Don't wanna rely on some webs spreading gadget on the hands.... If it doesn't works, then how?
Superman for sure. Though I hope my enemies would not get their hands onto some kryptonite...
Spiderman! Superman is so lame...
Yeah, spiderman maybe isn't more powerful but he easily is the awesomer one
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Superman is awesome plus he get to go out with a hot women, Spiderman goes out witha ginger lol
Lol@Rob12! Gingers need love too man
LMAO. Rob! I love your answer!
While you guys are still at it - this has been a discussion since schooldays. Can superman, being super in all things - can he have a relationship with a normal girl?
Of course he can, and superman it is.

Listen he's CK by day and Superman whenever needed and it seems he only needs very minimal disguise as he has no mask

Secondly, Superman's only weakness is kryptonite & Women so if there is no kryptonite who makes the rules? Superman! Though I like spider man better. Lol
Superman is so gay.... Spiderman anytime but anyway.... I would still prefer to be batman
I guessed he has to be gayish to potray the mild-mannered character of Clark Kent....

On the other hand, Batman's other character is a macho playboy billionaire!
And that's what is awesome about him, he acts like a bastard most of the time

Kick4Life - changing lives through football