Forums / Basement Chat
Order: Newest / Oldest
Would You Rather?
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Would you rather be the best defender in the world or a striker that's good but not the best and equally famous
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Best defender. Maybe the next Paolo Maldini!Am I asking too much?
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 4 years ago
I'm not particularly good in defence. I used to be a winger/striker, there is nothing better than humiliating the defenders and scoring a juicy goal that leaves the crowd in awe
BNetworks (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I rather be the best defender, go frontline during corner taking and score from set pieces....
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Striker!
RealFan (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Striker! One day might be like [C.] Ronaldo! And Ronladinho!
Would you rather score the flukiest goal in the history of the EPL that will be known about for all time or the sickest, most cracking goal of all time that gets you a lot of respect and recognition but in a game you lose 10-1! Hahaha (I tried to make the choices interesting but I think I failed!)
Flukiest!  Super Pippo for the win!
I think i'll go for the screamer. There is no fun in scoring a fluke
I beg to differ! I live for fluke goals
Borg (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I'm with prejsu, screamer for sure and go down in folklore
I go for the latter - maybe some great club will sign me up
Would you rather win an important match in your football league and risk having some key players injured or, to have a draw in that match with all your players fit for the following game?
Hmmm, are you asking me if I'd rather be an Arsenal fan or a Liverpool fan? Lol    I choose the latter, I hate injuries now...
I hate injuries too. So I would rather have a draw for the sake of my key players to play in other games...
Latter please
What sort of movie ending would you rather see being most interesting :

The hero lives and the villain destroyed. Direct end of movie.

OR

The hero disappears mysteriously, presume dead and the villain captured. The ending is a question mark
I prefer the direct end, a movie's a just matter of 3 hours, I don't want to take it all my brain for months together, trying to find an answer to the question....
The second one, I hate typical "good guy wins" ending
I actually like the second one and hopefully, a sequel in the making
I want the villain to win
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Would you rather wait 3 years to date/marry the girl you want to marry (and she will for sure marry you - no guessing haha)

OR

Date other people in the mean time.... And then if it all works out in 3 years you have no guarantee she will marry you in the end or even still be single?

Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
It takes 3 years for a sex change OP? . Rats, this calls for a change in plans
I'd rather wait 3 years for a sure deal - had no experience dating others while waiting though

Anyway, my girlfren and I went through thick and thin for 8 years before she proposed marriage - no regrets, guys...
Hmmmm, hard to say for me.... I can talk about dead babies but not marriage
Omg jet.... real deal is worth the wait!
Would you rather the ability to destroy a planet or create one? Let's see who has a god complex
Of course create a new one.... For us to live after 2012
I don't care about the total annihilation in 2012 as long as it happens after the EURO in my country but it's a tough choice, I enjoyed playing Spore, so creating one would be nice, on the other hand, being an evil emperor of the universe is kinda attractive, dark side of the force was always more appealing if you ask me
I want the ability to create one. If I don't like it, I'll create another one next to it and make both planets collide
Why destroy a planet? What does that gain anybody or what will you have accomplished?

Not really a choice, unless you really want to destroy either the moon or the sun in which case earth would be unable to sustain human life
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Its inevitable that we have to find ways of inhabiting other planets , if we are still around for another 6 billion years that is . The sun is going to expand into a red giant and gobble up the earth around that time.

If creating a planet also involves making it hospitable for human life, I'm all for it . Its an interesting topic too , if you look up Terraforming. . Had to write a paper on it not too long ago , very interesting stuff , although its all purely theoretical , for now.

All for creating one here !
Earth for sure will get eaten up by our very own beloved sun, none can stop that.  Credits to Stephen Hawking for the info
I would like to be able to destroy a planet because I love explosions
Would you rather live in Vegas or Miami?
Miami! Hotter chicks
I would choose Miami too. I'm not really into hazard, plus the chicks at the coast are foxier, plus I would have the chance to hunt down David Caruso from CSI and tell him how much he sucks
I will go for Miami - chicks and beaches. Been to Vegas once - desert and the air is so dry that static discharge happens every time I touch something metallic. Hated it!
Miami fo sho
Borg (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Miami would be 10x better
Would you rather do a job that you hate but you're extremely good at or a job you love but you're really bad at?
To do a job well, you are the master even though you hate it very much - I'll go for that. Doing a bad job means you are a liability even though you love it so much and for me, that's a turn-off...
Depends on the situation. If it's just me that I have to provide with food etc, i'd go for a job I really love, even if I suck at it. I guess it's just a question of priorities
Presju, so mature!  I choose a job that I'm bad at but love.... Even though right now I'm doing a job I kinda like but am okay at, lol
I guess Jetlifari was refering to the 2 extreme ends of a job. But if priority matters, what the heck even if we do not like it or vice-verse. Like what the bosses always say : "Do it! Whether you like it or not!" It's a cruel world, guys...
If you are really, really starving (and thirsty) and have a choice between 2 dinner spots, would you rather go to the place that serves cold beer and meat but with a company of tough-looking gay bikers OR the one that serve vegetarian and soda with a group of hot chicks?
I'm starving, not horny right? definitely cold beer and meat, who could eat that vegetarian stuff.... Plus, I like bikes, so who cares if the bikers are gay, I know couple of cool gay dudes
I think cold beer and meat gets my vote! Vegetarian and soda is lame and I have a girlfriend anyway
Beer and meat over hot chicks for sure.... BTW, I am not that appealing to the gay bikers
Vegetarian, I actually eat Vegan quite often! Haha good question though!
Speaking of the Premier League on tactical advantage, would you rather meet 3 weak teams followed by 2 strong teams OR 2 strong teams followed by 3 weak teams at the start of the season?
3 week teams then 2 strong teams
It is slightly more advantage to play 3 weak teams initially as some key players are unlikely to find their forms at the beginning of the season. Win and it will be a confidence booster. Pray I do not lose any of these 3 games and no injuries as will be facing the strong teams next...
2 strong then 3 weak for me...
In order to achieve the single most important thing in your life, what would you rather sacrifice?

Your awesome good looks in exchange for Jabba The Hut's face OR
Your incredible physique for Jabba's body?
No takers? I begin then - gimme Jabba's face because I hate to have his body which is like an overgrown worm. Maybe with some help from the plastic surgeon will make the face more presentable....
I'm a hunk, so that would a major tragedy for me, I mean both outcomes but I guess Will is right, i'd rather have jabba's face and put on a mask or something. I can't imagine how could you possibly hide a body like that
Jabba's Face.... Surgery does miracles these days, and if not there are always those really big dark hoods...
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yeah go to go with Jabba's face too; uglier people have still found love.    And if that doesn't work, surgery will! Mhmm.
@Scooter - I think Jabba goes beyond ugly, I mean look at his eyes, tongue and the way he drools. Definitely require the work of a reknown surgeon for sure....
Hmmm, my incredible physique.... I've had enough of it and I have the pictures to show people if they want to see
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
I'd probably take his face and trick someone blind into marrying me.... (Ideal on BBC3 anyone?)    Can't believe I just said that
Would you rather fly when you fart or pee every time you laugh?
Brilliant! Though not a surprise no one has responded! Haha    I would rather fly when I fart! Or did you mean cry? LOL
I laugh a lot, so that means my pants will be forever wet if I choose the latter. I go for the fly and fart stuff....
Thanks and no mistake was made there, I meant fly i'd choose flying too, but I bet it would sometimes be a hard task to keep it in, so it could be kinda dangerous indoors
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
As imature as it sounds, fart flying would be a great ability to have. I laugh entirely too much, as well, and the thought of wetting myself left and right isn't so appealing.

I'd rather fart up the stairs than pee falling down them
Fly when I fart!
With survival being the main concern if you are enlisted into the army - when your country goes to war, would you rather opt for jungle or desert warfare?
Well, jungle operations are much more demanding and dangerous if we consider the logistics and tactics. In such a terrain it is very difficult to engage the enemy without putting your soldiers at risk, it is virtually not possible to avoid casualties. That's why I would choose desert warfare, although the weather conditions are far worse, the chances of coming back home alive are much higher
I would have opted for desert warfare if it had not been for limited natural resource, ie water. If you are not killed by the enemy (very little coverage and minimal camouflage capabilities), the desert will kill you through dehydration.

I choose jungle warfare for this reason. Maybe I will get a hand or a leg blown off but if I keep my head, I think I may survive
Sniper Division : Jungle  Infantry Division: Desert
Neither I'm a;ready with Task Force 141
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Due to cod obssession. I would choose desert. Get down on the floor and stick claymores all around me
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Definitely jungle, I'd hide in trees plus I hate hot places
Jungle! You can dump anywhere, anywhereeeee!
Right in a middle of the war and you choose based on dumping convenience, LMAO....
Hahhha, I'm a simple man
Talking about exclusive sports for the rich and famous (assuming it's still legal now), would you rather be on horseback hunting deers in England or on top of an elephant potting tigers in India?
I will go for deer hunting. Can't really imagine what will happen if I fall off an elephant to come face-to-face with a tiger wounded by me.... Argh!
I'm back! I'll go for tigers man.... I like discharging into kitties
About time too, mate. Beginning to see cobwebs in this thread. Had a great break?
None. Don't like hunting:/
I already hunt deer on horseback in Canada, but its not for the rich or upper class    I would never hunt a Tiger anyways
Well, I think it is in England. I was actually referring to the sports for Royalties where the entire hunting troupe includes using bloodhounds to flush and guide the deers to the "right" direction, etc. Similarly in India where group tiger hunting on elephants was mostly a sport for the Maharajas - not the game warden or any other kind of hunting, though...
We take horses and ride them, and also have dogs that will run and point to the deer, haha.

Bears are more difficult.

Bow hunting is a man's sport
With no rescue operations availabe for a week, would you rather be trapped with your favourite babe on an island (have to find your own food) surrounded by shark-infested waters or in a snowy mountain cabin where it is too cold to come out (ample food supply)?
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 4 years ago
Guess it depends the fav babe thing is quite intriguing, and you could prob fish in the shallow waters without being destroyed by a shark, but give me some weed for that 1 week and ill definitely stay in the Mountain cabin
No weeds, mate. That will make you jump off the cliff or something
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 4 years ago
Nah man weed is harmless, and I thought we werent aloud to leave the cabin^^ and an ample food supply + weed makes any place durable
Trapped with my girl. Any day
Trapped with the girl man.... Beach loving all the way and shark meat tastes good
Shark fins make a good oriental dish.... LOL
Am I trapped in the mountain cabin with my gal? Cause if I am and it's freezing, there are plenty of ways to keep warm in such a situation I would go for that

Kick4Life - changing lives through football