Forums / Basement Chat
Order: Newest / Oldest
Would You Rather?
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Would you rather be the best player in the world, but you have to remain loyal to your small club OR be Anelka
Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Be the best player in the world. I know my contract will finish someday
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
You have to remain loyal mate I. E. Stay contracted to your club! I think that's the one I would choose, just being good a football would be enough for me!
SaHac (Hamburger SV) 3 years ago
It would mean more to me to be great and play for a smaller club and to back morals over money
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
Satisfaction alone won't feed your family. When you are the best, you want all the glory, all the privileges that come with it, plus, exactly how is the world gonna' decide that you are the best player out there if you are playing in a small club? It's not really possible to be ''the best'' and play in a team like MSK Zilina form Slovakia, or my Lech for that matter is it? I'd rather be Anelka. He played in many clubs, achieved quite a lot, and he's damn skilled so why not?
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Loyalty for me! You move around and nobody remembers you after a while...
Yup, loyalty is all good, when you play in a big enough club that is, like Arsenal for that matter But with the choice we are given, I'd rather be Anelka
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Best in the world, Heck I could quit after two years and never have to worry about money again
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I would rather sell programes than be anelka.... Lol
TheatreOfDreams (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I would stay with the small club and lead them into a better league
IF you had the power to travel back in time, but just this once, would you rather change something you did earlier in your life and greatly regretted it, or alter history in such a way that it would benefit humanity?
I would change something historic or invent something like the internet, so I would be written into history! If I was to change something I regretted I would need more than one trip back in time! Lol
I would end up regretting it if I didn't change something historic
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I wouldn't changing anything because if I did it would have a domino effect on the present time and could drastically change the world and not necessarily good
No, just go back and invent something before someone else, you get rich they stay as they are until they have another great idea, easy and effective! Lol
I would go back in time and never get together with my ex. That bitch was such a waste of time
Probably go back a few saturday nights ago, and give barcelona one hell of a drubbing.... We can dream.... Lol
Would you rather have a moustache or a beard?      
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I'd have a moustache and a beard
I have neither I'm just scruffy! Would prefer a beard over a moustache though, just having a moustache makes you look like a member of the Freddie Mercury fan club! Lol
I HAVE a beard
Prejsu is officially a bad ass!
Or he's Amnish!  
I'm not Amish, which I guess only leaves you with the second option a beard like that is my goal though

At the moment I'm halfway there
Beard, no question lol
I've had both in the past, but not at the same time, not a massive zz top effort though.... Lol
What do you prefer.... Seeing your team winning or seeing your fiercest rivals getting a good beating?

With me being a Rangers supporter sometimes I get as much joy out of seeing Celtic getting beat as I do when Rangers win!

But which do you prefer?
I'd love to see my team give the rivals a good beating
Love to see my team win, it does not concern me what my rival team are doing
Yeah I do love seeing my team win.... Can't help smiling when Celtic get beat though!
It really depends on the rival. I loved seeing bremen get shivved all year, but it didn't mean as much because my team was pretty dusty too.... I guess its circumstantial
Seeing my team win anyday
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 3 years ago
I love football and with a love of football in general comes watching any matches that are good to watch. I would rather watch my favourite teams winning, but I would rather watch an amazing match than a boring win by my team...
Lets put it this way, if my fav team is hamburg, I want to see them win over seeing st pauli losing any day, because they mean nothing in the big picture. But if it was the other way around and I were them sitting in the 2nd div, it would probably mean more to them to watch hamburg lose 4:0 than for them to beat someone like cottbus 4:0
My Lech beating the crap out of Legia Warsaw it always makes my day. We can be rubbish the whole season but if we manage to win against these guys all is forgiven
In football, would you rather have the world's greatest freestyling/juggling ability or the world's greatest shooting ability? Assuming you have almost no other decent football skills
Am I to assume I can't make anything of my freestyling. Is it eye-popping tricks, but you can't even make a pass? That would be a laugh to watch
Freestyling and juggling for me, some of that stuff is great to watch!
SaHac, assume you have the skills of an ordinary person who doesn't play football
Well then I guess i'd take the world's greatest finishing ability. I'd see more time probably
Football freestyle for me, You can always make some money from that....  
Peteko 3 years ago
I'd take shooting too. Not an easy choice, as I love spectacle. However, I'd like to be in the scoresheet eventually. Too much juggling without scoring some goals yourself could be frustrating. Like continual great sex but without a climax (pardon my "french")
Depends, was I realistically good or crazy off the planet good? Lol If it is the latter I'll just rainbow flick the ball into the net, but if I have a good bunch of playmakers behind me i'd take the latter
Well assuming that you have no other decent football skills you would not have any players behind you Ayyam.... Cause you would not play anywhere
Would you rather win the UCL and FA Cup but be 16th in the League OR Win the League and Carling Cup but get smashed by your bitter rivals in both the UCL and FA Cup
Always making it hard aren't we? I'll go for the champions league and FA victory. As the champions league champion you have a guaranteed place there as well next year (at least it used to be this way) so it's all good. Just a matter of priority
Peteko 3 years ago
If you are United or Chelsea, with enough EPL titles, I assume you'd go for the champions league. If you are Liverpool then by no means you'd want that 19th league title.
In my mind, European glory should come first, above any national title, but the locals may feel differently
^^Good Answer peteko, well the Chels part pretty much sums up how I feel about it, haha
Peteko 3 years ago
Would you rather be a famous football player but then die at the age of 35, or live to be 100 and have guaranteed seasonal tickets for your favorite seats in your favorite stadium, to watch your favorite team play?
Live to 100, 35 years would be way to short a life
Yeah live to 100, I would be content watching my team in a great seat for all that time than to die young at just 35, that would mean I've only got 5 years left!
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I prefer being a footballer dying at the age of 35. 100 is waaaaaayy tooooo long...
Live fast, die young It all depends, if I'm old and sickly, or gone senile, then I would rather die at the age of 35
I know everyone will be proud of their Nationality and rightly so, but if you could choose which country would you like to be from which would you choose? And you can't name your own! For instance if I couldn't be Scottish I would be and. Irish(the good side!)

Or in other words what would you consider to be your second Nationality?
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Idk, I feel I would fit in England, so I choose them lol
And which is the GOOD SIDE? Japan, deffo
If not Greek and Irish (there is welsh and scottish mixed in there....) I would choose Japan
Mitchel (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Brasillian or Spanish
Peteko 2 years ago
Lol, I'd be a black sheep wherever you put me. Grucho Marx once said, "I'd rather not belong to a club which has someone like me as a member".
But I assume: something like Scottish, or Norwegian, certainly northbound please
Samlizden25 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I would still prefer to live in Asian Countries because of great culture and tradition. However, if I will be given a chance to visit country, I would prefer England or Spain
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Would you rather be sponsored and get unlimited free gear for a lifetime from Nike or Adidas?
Well it's really just do you like Nike or adidas better question. I choose nike, I like their shoes in particular
I actually like both but if I had to plump for one it would be.... .... Nike I think, I'm too fond of their trainers!
Nike. It's not German
Adidas! I like the wider fit of the shoe and their focus on comfort in a wide range of casual - sports shoes. Though I will admit, Nike has a LOT more money to throw around if you wanted custom gear and they expand into electronics and other things as well to accompany your basic footy gear. If it was free to take the time to test it and research it, custom is amazing stuff folks
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Adidas, love their stuff
Tdsmufan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
So does nike!
Would you rather be piss poor and have found real joy, or richer than the sultan of UAE and be miserable for the rest of your life? Starting now.

I choose Poor and Joy
Poor and joyous of course
Yeah I think poor and Joyous for sure!
In other words it wouldn't be so bad to spend the rest of my life like I'm now haha
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Poor lol I don't think anyone likes feeling miserable.... Well I hope not
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Who'd rather be miserable than happy? I choose poor and joyous obviously
Mitchel (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Sultan of UAE lol. Money does all practical things. I can handle being miserable
Peteko 2 years ago
I'd rather be richer than the Sultan too. "Rich and miserable" is only a myth to help us mortals feel good about ourselves
Samlizden25 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I would rather live a simple life but happy rather than being rich but miserable. Money is not everything.... Rich or poor every body will return to dust.... So live life...
SaHac (Hamburger SV) 2 years ago
This aint the upanishads
SaHac (Hamburger SV) 2 years ago
Would you rather go on a mission to mars or a mission deep into the earths mantle (we're talking serious-deep)

OR

Would you want to go on a mission (what do I mean by mission?) somewhere else?
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
I'd love to go on a mission to Mars, how awesome would that be? Much prefer that than traveling the earths core, far too hot down there!
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 2 years ago
Mission to Venus, maybe I would finally land myself some nice chick
Peteko 2 years ago
Lol Presju    
Djbeltiburon (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Would you rather have 72 hours of invisibility or flying?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football