Forums / Basement Chat
Order: Newest / Oldest
Footytube Revival Week
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago

Basically tell me if you guys agree to this and we'll go through with it. The first thing will do is to bring back good old threads to draw people to our chat. Then us and others will post new topics we come up with
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Woops sorry didn't read when we were starting the week
Lol ManUk me and AyyamS5 were just thinking of stuff to do to bring back footytube and then ayyam sent me a link to this and it was like "1 minute ago". So yeah were in, I'll be bringing back some good forums. And making another footytube Story
Ok guys yea, hopefully we can get a few more guys on board here and then we can bring back old threads in this coming week. Don't be afraid to start new ones either. Just make sure they're placed in the proper section
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I am in, although I am a busy guy, I'll try to make time for this
Charliehenry (Verified Legend) 3 years ago
I'm down for this
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Should we advertise this on the team forums?
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yea that's a good idea
Yep, go ahead and advertise on your team pages. Spread the word
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I am all for it Manc, great idea, and I will contribute all I can. I miss those days when there was a real sense of community around the forums. Hopefully we can live it up again
Joeymac (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I agree with you, now it seems that there is too much trolling/hating in the forums. Though we support different teams, we can still get along!
You know what I think is the main problem? Its that no one goes to the 2nd page for a forum section! So when theres tons of topics which could be discussed only a few can be seen
And that alot of smart footy fans are stuck on their team page
I know this is a big problem and with the "Sticky" they are pushing out even more :S

However I remember when I first joined I used to visit the second pages at least but now I don't bother, but hopefully we can cover the first and second pages so people do go on the second page because they should hopefully be all good and interesting topics
Sjsung (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Wow it's my first time here in about 2 months! I guess I'm one of those "stuck on their team page"! Just haven't found nearly as much time as I used to have. The next 11 months are crucial for my college prospects, and I've been busy with school work, testing, and what not.

Will support whatever you guys are doing!
The only frequent posters I see in the forums is like

Me
AyyamS5
ManUK
SergioRamos (A lot less lately)
Charliehenry
Donnchadh
Footyrules
Jesuriya
Marcinny
Tony
Reidscott
Netnerd

And then theres a few that come in and out from the team Chats

Compared to that at Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Arsenal Chats theres like 10-15 each!

It used to be equal before, and we used to have more mods on. Right now its just Ant and Tony that does mod work tere used to be like 40. Raj, Scottie, Charlie, Hill, Raf, Shuds and more have just left....

Lee posts like once a month or longer and matt only answers questions and they're the site owners!

I also think footytube is slowing down because people don't care about Fan Val as much and that's also because it hardly counts to your DF only like 5-10% does
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Hmmm, it seems a week away because of school and I am missing all the action. I agree, revive the quality posts, and bump down and forget X vs Z and so on in the chats
Its FootyRulz by the way
Sjsung (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Yeah fan valuation isn't as important anymore....
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I think you make some good points Soccergal, and hopefully Matt or lee will see them. I agree that the fan valuation weakening has affected how people post. It used to be nice to see a big forum post mean you get an extra million or two to spend in the transfer window, but most people have the max now anyway
If it helps, fan valuation is still important to me. I check it every day to see if I've moved up any places
Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I agree with Lifeguard. We are missing all the action...
I posted this on every major team chat and no increase here
Lifeguard 3 years ago
It almost seems that many don't care anymore. They'd rather discuss and argue about their teams, plus the number of trollers has increased noticeably
Alfrodo (Barcelona) 3 years ago
You're advertising caught my attention at least. I had no idea there were photoshop contests or funny pic comments. These threads are hilarious. There should be fat links on the main footytube.com website to these. If there already are I have no idea where to find them
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Well, we're glad you've found us anyhow. There are links on the side, but maybe not as large as you'd prefer
Looks like some of the good topics that were made a while ago are back up on the first page!
Yeah thanks to Ayyam!
But there are many more
Well the week hasnt started, I've just been trying to get people to stop maiking forums and reply more, and bring back old ones
I started replying to some of the old forums. Who knew that there were so many good debates that no one bothered to look at because they weren't on the the first page!
Guys I'm going to work on the Terrace. Bring more people in and bring old topics back etc. I'll also be be bringing some threads from the 2nd page in. Help will be appreciated if everyone commented!
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 3 years ago
I'll also help to bring back old topics along with you
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I am very glad to see a mini revival with some good positive activity going on. It is even before the scheduled date set by Kaden and there is a better vibe. I like this very much, let's hope it continues haha
We where just pre bringing them up so once it started there would be a full buzz around, It's working out great and I'm glad your contributing Rarim or Don now I guess

Kick4Life - changing lives through football