Forums / Basement Chat
Order: Newest / Oldest
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
So I just got back from seeing my first 3D movie (Avatar).

I have to say, being an old man from the 90s, I was a bit hesitant about watching something in 3D. My first experience of 3D was looking like a tit, staring at the back of cereal boxes through a pair of these. Rubbish.

My 2nd experience, wasn't actually an experience at all. Remember those magic eye things?

All my mates would stare at the 'magic' eye and go "WOW look at that shark, it looks like it's gonna' eat me. Wow that's ace!" 1 in 10 people couldn't see them at all. I was part of that 1 in 10. Rubbish.

So I was a bit hesitant about seeing Avatar in 3D, worried as I was that it might hurt my brain, or worse still, hurt my brain AND not even work. Luckily though I have to say, it DID work, and it was kinda awesome. Kinda in that I forgot to take my actual eye glasses with me (which I'm half-blind without), so it was exactly like watching the usual blurry 3D world. Oh and the 4 pints of Guinness I necked beforehand probably didn't help either. :/

Movie itself was a bit of a cheese-fest, saved by special effects and half naked blue chick waving her ample breasts around the place in pert blue blurry breast 3D awesomeness
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Just saying, that magic eye picture actually is a shark
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
I don't see how on earth that magic eye picture is a shark it just looks like lots of blobs of blue!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Lol, it took you a while to see avatar lee, lol.  
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
That's about How I remember it. Except I though the story was OK Because the Avatar idea was cool. Very clever to take the idea from virtual worlds. Oh and it wasn't blurry for me I loved it in all that movie was amazing
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
That's just a cheap optical illusion Ant gimme 3D
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
Not a cheap illusion to me Matt! It's really freaky!
Liverpoolsam7 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Roar!!
SirStig (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Yeah I was surprised that the 3D glasses fit over my eyeglasses really nicely. I was worried that I might have to watch without my glasses. I guess they figured out the kinks lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football