Forums / Barcelona
Order: Newest / Oldest
Your Love For The Club And Your Favourite Barça Moment?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
After seeing some videos of old Barça highlights, I decided to make this thread to remind ourselves why we love this club so much. To me, and surely to all of you too, the beauty, flair and grace of Barcelona's playing style is the main reason, but adding to that is the noble philosophy: 'Més Que Un Club' is a nice summary of all that is Barça.
The philosophy that we stick with the best possible way to form youngsters into world class players instead of taking the tycoon-like approach most big clubs do. The philosophy that a true club should be more for a player than work, it has to be a home in order for him to play at his best. The philosophy that the opponent can't score as long as you have the ball, which results in the most elegant dominating style of football. The philosophy that, even to this day in modern football, technique, intelligence and overall skill are more important than raw power and physique.
All of that is what makes Barcelona FC the best club in the world by miles to me. Even if we wouldn't win anything. Fortunately, this noble approach is proving to be the most efficient and deadly: we produce the greatest talents in Spain, who turn out to be some of the best in the world.

To see FCB dominate a game, time after time, is breathtaking. The logical consequence of the best footballing philosophy there is. We've been spoilt with fantastic results and moments in just 2 years of Pep Guardiola's reign: the 2-6 humiliation of Real, the all-winning '08-'09 season, the countless other games won with 5, 6 or 7 goals difference. But to me, the best feeling in football as a fan is when the team, despite playing well and giving it all, is losing a crucial game, only to turn the tables in the final moments of the match. My favourite moment wasn't another 6-1 victory, or even the 2-6 at the Bernabéu, it was this crucial moment, the moment where what seemed like a black day and turned out to be one of the best moments in our history:

I was watching it with friends on the city's plaza, with about five thousand others, most of them Chelsea fans. I was already pulling out my hair from the unbearable tension in defeat, but then this very last minute, San Andrés performs a miracle. The start of the greatest conquest of trophies in footballing history
Tanmay 4 years ago
Well chosen. The defining moment for the Barcelona of our age
Shuds (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Perfectly chosen, this will be the first thing that comes to your mind. On the other hand the second thing and the only possible thing I can think of after watching this video is....

Sebparedes (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I remember suffering sitting nervously watching this game, I too was pulling my hair and shaking my legs anxiously. My father couldn't take it any more though as he had gone to another room to avoid the inevitable heart-ache. I for one just KNEW Barca would score if they would just get an opening but I just wasn't confident in the fact that an opening would actually come.... And then it came.... To this day I have never reacted to anything as intensely as I did then; it was one of those angry "f**k you, take that" kind of celebrations.... I jumped up fists in the air and let out a cave-man like grunt which I could feel bellowing out from the deepest part of my gut.... Basically the look on my face wasn't much different from Iniesta's when he took his shirt off
[account-removed] 3 years ago
I was having lunch with my co workers at a takeria with them talking about meetings and responsibilites while ALL of the men were keeping their eyes completely on the game. I nearly knocked the table full of food over. IT WAS THE best>
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Was at the school pub. Watching with my friends.

Iniesta scored.

And all I remember was having an argument with Drogba through the tv. Wasn't a friendly argument either. He was going on about me being a disgrace.... And I just went straight for his throat and called him some very unpleasant names.

I also made an enemy in Michael Ballack, and a better friend in his wife
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I didn't even see the goal live. I had covered my face with a pillow, basically crying, my dad screamed goal, I screamed goal ran around the house, holding my chest where my heart lies!
Ltm017 3 years ago
Yes something about that goal. Every time you watch it you feel the moment all over again. Aaahh I love it!
This has to be a good second.

Barcelona Vs. Estudiantes [Fifa Club WC Finals 2009]

Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yeah, another crucial Pedro goal. He really is one of my favourite players after just one year. Should be Spain's 1st choice left winger, or right winger, whichever position Del Bosque deems fit for him
Ltm017 3 years ago
Its disabled so I will put it back

What I really loved was how the Messi goal went in......With his chest! Lol so cool......

Like he said and this goes for the club I love "all heart"

Barca's best Moments.  
FC Barcelona - 6 out of 6 Cups  
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 3 years ago
3/20/2011 ok kiddies "Favorite Barca Moment" you have to have at least a few so why not share with us all?
Bojan's goal vs Inter. After I heard it was disallowed it became my least favorite moment though

BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 3 years ago
Great moment and for sure that is my favorite Barca uniform from 1. 5 years ago with the dark color with narrow stripes very classy indeed
I sat here trying to make something coherent to reply.... But everything came out as angry, pissed off, bitter and derogatory to Inter and everything about that game match up.

So il stick to writing just that jaja
Mejay (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I just loved everything about FC barcelona (I'll be always). Barca is life to me, I cherished every moment.... I'm glad that I am one of those amazing fans of Barca around the world
Good answer.... Ser del Barça es, el millor que hi ha!
Sorry about the Music, but this is the only man I can Love lol

Valdes, Valdes, Valdes, Valdes ,Valdes ,

Henry could not get anything past Valdes
Hahahaha. I see Oleguer!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football