Forums / Barcelona
Order: Newest / Oldest
Sevilla V Barcelona, Sep 29
Jandito (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I gues to please all Barca haters, Fifa and Uefa should add special rule when Barca play: No matter how hard or soft tackle and fault by the opponent, Referee should never sent-off/ red card them.

Poor Barca players, haters thought that you guys physically made from steel, which is supposedly be okay facing those faults and tackles on the field...
Miggz10 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
You make no sense.  
Jeganx (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Love to see Villa scoring again, Sevilla deserved a draw from that and Csec second goal shouldn't have count. Surely Barca can score without the build up that started from a handball. But it seems Barca players did wait for a whistle of a handball. Since the ref didn't give it, so it's not their fault to continue playing. The ref made a bad call for that particular event. Overall, it is an interesting match and hilarious commentators...
Superfanof (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Tito, play villa more!
Npo1996 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Hmmm Never saw fabregas do that in arsenal. Hmmm  
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 2 years ago
The things I didn't see some Real Madrid players do at their former clubs, or even at Real Madrid pre-Mourinho....

Just saying. Of course it's shameful by Cesc. I do think it may have to do with the pressure of always having to win, at both Barcelona and Madrid.

Most of us Barça fans hate seeing this nonsense ourselves.
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I used to like Fabregas....    Edit: Sanchez sucks, Villa should start
I don't know what it is. Like Busquets has been so quiet and decent lately he feels there's footsteps to be walked in. Sánchez is not only kinda average for a Barça attacker but he's also the other player we have who pulls sh#t like that. Villa should definitely get starts if he feels up to it at all
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Sanchez' main strength was his runs down the wings for Udinese. He used to take on full backs and tried to go around them then cut back in to either cross or go for a shot. With Barcelona he's not allowed to do his stunts because at Barca you play like the Barca does not the other way around. Sanchez (in theory) is not playing his usual style. Sanchez did pretty well last year but he's taken a bit more time this year to restart.

The funny thing about Villa is Villa's record with Barca is not as good as it was with Valencia. In fact, his goals have dried up because he was moved from the central position in his first year to left winger to support Messi. His assists have gone up but his goals to app ratio has gone down dramatically. But I do think Villa should start. He's a much more precise striker than Sanchez and Pedro
Least intelligent ways to see this:

1) Blame the ref only and ignore everything Barça did right.
2) Ignore the fact we got lucky with the ref and say "uuu mad? "

If people only stopped these black-and-white online wars, footytube would be a better place
Daniel85 (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
David Villa the man. Sevilla played very good especially Rakitić
Miggz10 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Haha, I like how they left out the red card incident
Porkchop88 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Now that is what I call an epic game of footy.... Nothing like a whistle beater at the end to win the match!
Floppsybunny (Barcelona) 2 years ago
So sick of trolls on this board, from both sides - grow up please, or get a life.

Great win for Barca. The ref was abysmal, calling nothing in the first half, calling too much in the second. Medel is a piece of work, but that was never a red card. And the handball on Thiago was missed. So some good luck, but a lot left for Barca to do, and they attacked with fantastic intensity in the second half, finally pressing high and playing with some spirit that's been lacking so far this season.

Hats off to Sevilla, they'll feel unlucky not getting anything from this, and can fairly complain about that red card. Still they fought like lions for 90 minutes +, and were deadly on the counter attack. The Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan will be a fortress this season based on their performances so far. Another day and Barca wouldn't come away with anything. But great result for Barca going into the Clasico.

Get well soon Thiago :/
Reventon (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I hate to admit it but Sevilla should had won the game
MesQuUnClub (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I can understand, but overall, Barca has played a much better game than Sevilla, on what basis should Sevilla have won? Barca had more opportunities, more flow, the first goal was just a plain Alves gift? Also if Messi was not hold on his shot after a magnificient tiki-taka, he probably would have scored (notice he didn't unleash the shot, teased it because he was hold, ....) and I can go on and on. Sevilla has basically two opportunities and scored, barca had countless
Thefithbeatle (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Cesc acted to get sevilla a red card, that changed the game and the hand ball
JoroMekiq (PFC Botev Plovdiv 1912) 2 years ago
Alves did not even try to block the shot
MesQuUnClub (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I respect Alves shape, but he is becoming very tentative in his foot skills, he scares me more often than not
MIKESTARR (Manchester City) 2 years ago
They have on yahoo.com as a head line where fabregas gets the sevilla player red carded. He's becoming another busquest. He's a schmuck! Disgrace! Fake ass acting! I hate it!
Justinhslee (Chelsea) 2 years ago
See
Rhood1215 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Does anyone else cringe every time this announcer opens his mouth, ie orgasms over 'chameleon eyes'? Idolatry works sometimes in sports casting, but this guy is like a teenager at his first prom

Kick4Life - changing lives through football