Forums / Barcelona
Order: Newest / Oldest
Santos V Barcelona, Dec 18
TheSleepingLion (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Neymar freestyle is very good, but who cares with his style if it can't produce any goal?
Jeganx (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Barca at it's best!
Gan3o (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Haka Ali hagam wobadin seku esta Kampoin kampoin.... I don't understand this strange language and voice
Beautifulmind (Barcelona) 3 years ago
If it is from commentator.... It is Arabic
Footyusa (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Wow. I loved the part where I saw no highlights and no goals
MesQuUnClub (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Growing up watching Maradona, I closed the book of the best footballer ever. Then came some great footballer (Marco van basten, Zidane, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, .... Etc) but they were never to the level of Diego. Well until Messi came and then he shuffled the deck. First of all, I consider myself very blessed to be able to watch Messi play, he is truly a complete player in every sense of the word. Most of the greats, are either a great goal scorers, dribblers, or both. In the case of Messi, he is a great scorer, dribbler and best of all, a fantastic passer (assists) which you can't say of other greats. His splitting passes are absolutely out of this world and that's to me where he is sets himslef apart.
As for the world cup argument, remember in the 80s and early 90s, no offense to other teams, but truly only 4 teams were real contenders (Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Italy), there rest were not teams contending for the cup. Argentina was a great team, and when Maradona was added they had the X-factor (the differentiator).
Right now, Argentina is not considered a real contender with emergence of other good teams (spain, netherlands, england, ....).
On the other hands, one thing that Maradona did which was fantastic, is taking a weak Napoli club from being a doormat to brilliance, but that doesn't take anything out of Messi.

Again, I feel blessed to be able to watch the magic of soccer through the current crop of top players, but after all is said and done, Messi in my books will be in the best 2 football players circle ever to lace them up.

Enough arguing, let's all go back to watch some magic football
GlennyBoy (Rangers) 3 years ago
Agree with everything apart from putting England along side Spain and Netherlands.... Lol England are no where near as good as those two sides
AKeegs19 (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
Arguing with yourself?
TheSleepingLion (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Maybe Messi already surpass Maradona, He makes a lot of new record, and always be a top scorer. The only one thing that he miss is to make an unexpected accident. Just like the God's Hand goal
Fifaman1017 (FC Barcelona II) 3 years ago
Neymar is still a kid and finally got a taste of european football
He should get out of his comfort zone in brazil and take his game to a new level, he definitely has the talent and skill.
People should also stop hating on him, he played against the strongest team in the world, even cristiano ronaldo couldn't do anything against barca so give the guy a break. Neymar is quite humble and isn't like pele.... Pele is just continually talking out of his ass.... I'd love to see how good pele would be in current football
Cruyff14 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
The Pele comment is so irrelevant, god I have to call you out for it. You my friend are talking out your ass. How can you compare modern football to the football that was played during the 50's and 60's? It was a completely different game. It's like comparing a kid to a full grown adult. The football back then was so much more open and fluid, today it's a million times more tactical and athletes are much more physically fit. For his time, Pele was a genius, as Messi is a genius of today's game
Fifaman1017 (FC Barcelona II) 2 years ago
Maybe because you didn't hear about pele's comments on barcelona and messi
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 3 years ago
- Great win. Loved to watch, Xavi's control on that pass before the first is awesome.

- It's not a treble. We have a double from last season, and three more titles since summer but "treble" includes domestic cup. Well, it could be worse.

- Cut Neymar some slack but not Pelé. Except for the haircut Neymar looks like a very decent kid to me, trying to build up a good career with the talent he knows he has, taking things as slowly as possible and staying in Brazil. And then there is this old moron who was an awesome player in his time but has no compunction about using a 19-year-old to make a (effing stupid) point about Brazil vs. Argentina, South America vs. Europe and blah. It's obvious to everyone, Neymar himself included, how much truth there is to this statement. What I find offensive about it is not that it's blatantly dumb but that Pelé knows too much about football and what this kind of hype can do to a young player to say sh#t like that before such an important match. But dude always puts his ego first
Jandito (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Should Barcelona claim treble winner bcz of 2 Super Cup and World Club Cup they got this year?
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Nope.... Its three titles, yes, but its not "the treble"
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Nope, not valid competitions for a Treble. Yes you got three cups but definitely not at the same level as the actual Treble
Goatfish (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Exactly. These are the supplementary titles that most big teams will give or take. If barca fail to win the champs league, la liga, and the copa those three titles won't be much consolation
Jlucbarca10 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
First thing you don't want to do when playing against barca, don't wear a white uniform. Barca as a special treatment for teams that wear white uniform
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Comon bro, I love Barca but that was not funny
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Not if they got a burger king logo in front of it )))
You left a minute detail out - specially white with a crown on the chest
Fifaman1017 (FC Barcelona II) 3 years ago
LOL @ the burger king comment  He's right
Hitch (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Hahahahaha
Murda1 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Messi is actually the best player in the world but not the best ever!
Jazze (Barcelona) 3 years ago
For me personally on technical ability, skill, vision, ability to change a game he is up there with diego, who most people consider the best ever, and at just 24 could become better. I think the only thing that holds messi back is that he hasn't won a world cup yet, the argument that he needs iniesta and xavi is ridiculous, he had more assists than any barca player last season, ans we have all seen with our own eyes his incredible individual goals. I'm actiually just about old enough to remember Maradonna, and for me messi is more exciting to watch, but if he dosen't win a world cup, people will not give him the title as the best ever
3 years ago
Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Pele which automatically makes Messi and Diego better. I wonder how many of his goals were offside hahaha
But you know when the Ronaldo from Brazil was in his prime everybody was saying he's the best ever, same as zidane, and ronaldinho, Diego and Pele so there is no such thing as the best ever within 10 years another quality player as Messi or Ronaldinho will emerge I'm telling you bro! But as for now without a doubt Messi is the best and whoever denies it you must be a damn fool loll11
Yousifsaid loll your argument is relevant bro!
Murda 1 your wright in what you say, but to be honest even all the players you mentioned, who where all special players, for me there's just something magical about messi, he seems to keep the ball in impossible situations, there are times where ye don't even see messi when he's surrounded by three four players, but he always seems to come out the other side, and ye just sit there trying to figure out how he still has the ball, that's what diego was great at. But when it comes to vision and passing I honestly believe messi has diego beaten. As I said I personally think as an individual player he could become the best ever, but unless he wins a world cup, he will never get that honor from most of the footballing world. But I guess is there any point trying to pick a best ever, maybe we should just enjoy what where alive to see
PortYoder (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Messi isn't enough of a threat from distance and doesn't have a unique style of play. Those two attributes that make it very difficult for us to be so hasty as to consider him better than [C.] Ronaldo or Ronaldinho. I don't think messi can claim that title.... Yet
Peletutu (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Zidane is the best ever. In his prime he has no speed, as in his speed was ZERO but he makes defenders suffer.

Zidane is the best ever IMO
PortYoder and peletutu your arguments are well, terrible and sound like something that came out of the mouths of 11 year olds. I'm sorry if I sound like a dick, but it's almost like you haven't heard of messi until about 3 hours ago. Messi has scored plenty of goals from distance, and I would say he's pretty unique considering there is nobody playing football the way he is, is the step-over unique, lol, I see plenty of players doin that. And messi dosen't make defenders suffer, I would 99. 9 % of the footy fans would disagree with you.come on dudes your entitled to your opinion, but at least let it make some sense
XMan9 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
@Jazze LOL Messi the best ever. Please no chance.
Lets be honest Barcelona is taylor made for Messi, and Barcelona is not the hardest team to play for (he's the only player allowed to truly dribble on a passing team).
Diego a man who single handly one the world cup, and then a player to go to Serie A (what was a truly great league, with great defenders at the time, much harder than current La liga) and single handly win the league with Napoli. You are having a laugh, take off your Barca spectacles please
Oh and it's not impossible to take Messi out of the game, it was harder to take Ronaldinho out of the game than Messi.
Now if Messi was to say go to Aston Villa and single handly win the EPL with Aston Villa, and then be the key man in winning a world cup for Argentina then we have an argument
Soccerfaithful (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Messi is a great football player, that's beyond doubt, and his skill is "magical", as some put it.
Yet, he isn't the type of player who can pulls and drags his team to success. He just isn't a leader, and lacks charisma: sure, when Barca win 8-0, he looks great, but when Barca, or say Argentina (4-0 vs Germany, remember) have more trouble, he often has trouble staying calm and encouraging his teammates. Messi is a great goal-scoring machine which suits Barca, maybe even the best goal-scoring machine ever. But that just doesn't make him the best player, and sorry, but he's nowhere near Zidane yet (who by the way won a world cup, and dragged France to the final in 2006).
Messi is fun to watch, but that just doesn't make him the best player ever
Guleybaz (Barcelona) 3 years ago
You statin so 'cause he punished AFC on several occasions? Be honest? Please
Iam sure everyone who says Messi is good but not the best ever is either a Barca hater or an old school fan who is at least 30 years old
As Jazze stated let's just enjoy watching him play.... If there is the best ever then I'd pick Ronaldinho over Messi, but to me there is no best ever because every decade we shall have like 2 or 3 exceptional players that will rock the world of football and make fans even love the game more.... During the era of zidane, ronaldo, figo at that time I really enjoyed football then came Ronaldinho and completely changed the game now we got Messi killing everybody! As a result they all great soccer players but Ronaldiho remainn my favorite of all time...
Your all missing the point, there are people coming up with lots of different reasons for why messi is so good, it's barca, it's xavi and iniesta, it's this it's that. And nobody takes the time to consider his individual greatness, his incredible solo runs, his amazing vision and assists, his ability to control the pace of a game, his ability to change the game at any minute if he wants to, his ability to take on players from any dead ball situation. Yes he's on a great team, but do people ever ask what would barca be without messi. He has been involved in 80% of their goals, and will be there all time top goal scorer at 24. The problem is is that people spend so much time trying to prove why he's not the greatest that they overlook all the reasons he could become the greatest. His form for Argentina may not be as good as barca, but be fair to him, he plays a completely different role in Argentina, messi is argentinas xavi, anything good that happens on the pitch goes through him. So for me as far as individual talent he could become the greatest ever. But hey as I said lets just enjoy it
And I honestly think to this day to say that Maradonna won the world cup sinle handadley is an insult to every other player on that Argentina team, who by the way had some decent players, and where much tighter as a team than the current argentinian team. Maradonna did not go out on the pitch and play 1 against 11, he had other team mates, who scored goals and set him up diego up for goals. What I would say is that Maradonna became a leader during that tournament and inspired his team mates, but he didn't win it by himself
Jazze we all got different opinion folks like you will believe he's the best ever, but people like me will not that's why we'll never reach an agreement.... Let's enjoy it as you stated above bro!
Jazze learn to read and see I'm not arguing that Messi is not the world's best presently. If there is a football hall of fame, Zidane will be on the wall too
TOESIS (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
I honestly don't understand the point of this argument. I'm sorry, but you cannot pick a "greatest ever".... It's a matter of opinion, and no amount of highlight reels will prove who was a "better" footballer. Messi is incredible, so was Maradona, so was Zidane, so was Ronaldinho, and so on. Trying to prove any sort of point here is completely irrelevant anyway, as your point will not make any difference in the world of football. If your a fan, watch the game and support, but making claims that your favorite footballer is the best ever is childish, imo, because the state of world football changes over the years, and those who can adapt to the "modern game" and inspire/change it, will be remembered as phenomenal players. That's all
Otisb (Aston Villa) 3 years ago
Hey! I thought Kim Jon IL died today? And therte he is, giving medals to the players, You just can't stop him can ya?
Mesutozilno1 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I hate myself for hating messi so much 'cause damn he's a like a machineeeeeee
Don't hate him man just because your a madrid fan, be glad your around to see such an incredible talent, I mean as a barca fan I can appreciate ronaldos talent even if I do believe he's not better than messi, but I still I know he's a great player, and is good to watch
Mesutozilno1 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Every ronaldo fan knows messi cannot be even compared but doesn't show it. Its just unbelievable the way he plays I mean it so simple nothing flashy but nobody can stop him
Guleybaz (Barcelona) 3 years ago
This guy knows how to express himself in a couple of sentenses
Don't you just love honest Real Madrid fans - I respect them folks. Believe me sometimes I hate when Ronaldo scores so much in a game, Iam always at the edge of my chair at those moments crossing my hands hoping he doesn't - but you just can't help it because he is good
Cali86 3 years ago
I don't know why people actually thought santos had a chance against barcelona. Well actually I do know, its because they don't watch south american football. All they do is read the retarted papers that talk about this young brasilian kid every freaking day "neymar's new baby, Neymar's new hair style, Neymar's new way of taking a s**t. " they totally blew him out of proportion. Reality is Santos is not the best South American team. They struggled through the entire cup (libertadores) and they were very lucky on the last 4 games. But what I also have to accept is that the only reason they barely won those games is Neymar. The kid is out of this world. I know that if he goes to Europe within a few months he will become one of the best in the world...
[account-removed] 3 years ago
There is a new way of taking a s**t? .... Please tell me more
Lordjaggi (Arsenal) 3 years ago
After the match it was clear Neymar was hut emotionally (felt bad for the poor guy). Cesc, iniesta, xavi+messi pretty much made santos look like a high school soccer team. Neymar needs to come to the epl, arsenal preferred were he can get use to tough matches
Why Arsenal? English teams are not up there like years ago. This kid need a real team, a consistent team not any of the top teams in England where they kill players careers
If I was him stay in Brazilian league for a bit, if he moves, he should go to Serie A
Joshtch (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
To those of you saying this "proves" Messi is far better than Neymar, you're being ridiculous. If they had swapped places for this match, I'm not too sure the scoreline would have been very different. Barcelona has one of the strongest--probably the strongest--midfields in the world. To draw conclusions about a player based on his team's performance ignores the fact that a "team" consists of eleven players, not just the one.
Just look at Messi with Argentina
Merederem (Arsenal) 3 years ago
But I don't think many people could sanely say that neymar is better than messi
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Messi is and always will be a fantastic player. Arguably the best of all time. A player doesn't make a team, a team makes a team. So shut up about Messi in Argentina. The team is awful compared to Barcelona hence the success. Messi was Argentina's best player in wc2010 and in Copa America. Then again, what has Neymar done with Brazil, and Ronaldo with Portugal? Calling the best player in the world crap because his national team can't play good together is just stupid lol
Et1et2et3 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
All your arguments aside. Are you seriously comparing Neymar to Messi. Did you see his first goal? How about his contribution to the 3rd goal?
Yashioman (Liverpool) 3 years ago
But I do think many people illogically and insanely say that Messi is better than Neymar and every other greater player that has existed
Yavihah (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I hate to compare players but really neymar should have done better in this game to prove himself, he even missed a goal, not taking the credit to Valdez.

Messi was dancing against every player of Santos even Neymar. Neymar is good, but Messi is in another level and that's a fact
Joshtch, your argument doesn't really stand up because I clearly remember Neymar having a couple of really good opportunities in that match and he was infective, but he does look like he has potential, but anyone with any common sense know at the present time nobody is on messi level, he is out on his own, so no point putting neymar in an unfair position with comparisons

Kick4Life - changing lives through football