Forums / Barcelona
Order: Newest / Oldest
Santos V Barcelona, Dec 18
Luquin (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@YousifSaid I'm sorry, are you saying that UEFA trumps the World Cup? When Messi wins 3 World Cups then he can begin comparing himself to Pele. Messi is the best player in the world today, no doubt, but he is not the best of all time. Pele played during a time of leather balls, basic gear and a dirt pitch. He didn't have a million dollar staff attending his every move. Pele is Pele for a reason
Soccerrenz (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Ok ok, So are you saying Messi doesn't do s**t with his national team? Like Pele, he can't carry the team on his own.
Pele had a world class team on his belt, and supposedly so does Messi, IMO they just need the right coach to position him in the right area and pretty much you got yourself a winning team.
Now saying Messi doesn't do s**t with his national team.... HE DOES. Watch the games, he does score because that isn't his role, he makes plays. He sets up those fools in the front that won't finish at all. Aguero usually not being one of them though, I forget whether he starts or not. But this Pele winning world cup bullshit is not all on his own, he had a team probably good enough to compete with the barca now
Jazze (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Luquin, what a silly argument, ye could counter that argument by saying the game has become faster and more technical, and players are much physically stronger, compared to the game in peles era. And if you know anything about the brazil teams pele played on you would know he played with players like zito, garrincha, jairzinho, and rivelino to name a few, all outstanding players, a few who I would say where better than pele. And what people need to start realizing, but don't because they expect messi to play like outstanding all the time, is that the current argentina team even with there talented strikers, would be nowhere without messi, anything that happens for argentina in games goes through messi. The current argentina team have a poor defence and a mediocre midfield, one tree does not make a forest
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Don't understand people bashing on pele.... He just gave his opinion that neymar is better.... Anybody gives their opinion now a days is a reason to be insulted and criticized.... Respect your legends....
GlennyBoy (Rangers) 2 years ago
He's clearly just biased and bitter though...
Dreadlord (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Pele is not just anybody.... As a legend, his opinion has a lot of weight and was at least enough to have every article putting Neymar on the same level as Messi; hence the uproar
Jazze (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Pele has been making silly remarks about messi for the last year now, and his remarks put neymar, his fellow countryman in an unfair position. And because he's a legend it dosen't give him the right to use the media to start sill battles between teams and players. As a legend and a grown man he should use humility and common sense
BarcaMyLove (Barcelona) 2 years ago
His just bitter because Messi plays similar to Maradona, and Neymar is apparently the next Pele and he always it quite clear that he thinks his better than Maradona
Wisso1 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Legend or no legend.  Rule of life: don't be stupid.
Dukeduke (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I don't wanna bash pele but I don't understand why he has to bash everyone else. Know what I'm sayin? If anything he brings it on himself. Sorry pele
Lampstar (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Did Santos do anything? These highlights are all Barca
Soccerrenz (Barcelona) 2 years ago
A few runs that didn't make much of a problem.  Barca dominated.
2 years ago
Possession percentage was 71% to 29% so like Fabregas said if you don't let them touch the ball they can't really hurt you
Ajaxgooner (Ajax) 2 years ago
I had no doubt barca was going to win this 1 easily. Well done, best team in the world right now, no doubt
Coded1960 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Santos was overhyped they are no better than stoke city, stoke city should not have conceded simple runs leading to goals like that! Barca are the best anyway
GlennyBoy (Rangers) 2 years ago
Not this again, when Stoke actually win a trophy and produce world class players, then come back and talk!
Atnighthawk (AFC Telford United) 2 years ago
Stanley Matthews and Gordon Banks. Not that I agree with Coded1960's point. But the point is still there, a team as old as Stoke City is bound to have at least one great player, same for Santos
Reventon (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Stoke City? You mean when barcelona beat teasms like chelsea/arsenal/united you bring out a lame ass team from the prem league?

Damn people who believes that are unbelievable
Jkiller (Atltico Nacional) 2 years ago
Xavi deserves the player of the year, they should give it to him now cause he aint getting any younger(it doesn't look like it though). Iniesta also deserves it, but for now xavi then iniesta
2 years ago
I say the same thing to myself because Xavi is old and all but the thing is Messi is just incredible it really would be a steal to not give it to Messi because he's on a different Planet and outshines Xavi a bit. My order would be Messi, Iniesta, then Xavi though because Iniesta is just a genius and imo the closest there to Messi
JoroMekiq (PFC Botev Plovdiv 1912) 2 years ago
Does Messi deserve to be second?
Wigwam (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Wouldn't this be Messi's third in a row, tying him with a select few other magical individuals?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I voted Santos 'lucky', because they were given a free masterclass from Barcelona. I wish I could have been there to see Xavi's incredible control and passing, or Messi's, well, everything
Esso02 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I didn't bother to watch this match. I already knew Barcelona would win.... Even though it was by a lone goal. I didn't think Santos stood a chance
EzraPound22 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
It was 4-0 not 1-0
2 years ago
Lmao shows he wasn't watching the match
Tanair (Liverpool) 2 years ago
He didn't see the match, you didn't see the comment....  He freaking said he didn't see the match....
"it was by a lone goal" (Essso) "shows he wasn't watching.... " (Yousif). You couldn't put those two together
Sncsum41 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
This video only shows one goal people, calm down....  
2 years ago
Chill Tanair I wasn't attacking the guy I was simply joking with him restating that he defiantly didn't watch the match. Don't you think that's the first thing I would have read? I mean I do read from left to right haha, even though I can read from right to left in my language. By the way the shows that I was kidding with him
Cfroyalbaba (Mohun Bagan AC) 2 years ago
.... And that is why Neymar just might be in a Barca shirt this time next year
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I hope not
Jamiemacdonald (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
You hope not?
2 years ago
Supposedly he has too big of an ego and all but I'm not so sure he seems like a humble skillful kid to me. It will be hard for him to adapt though as he will have to give up his leadership and being too fancy of a player
LuisFigo7 (Benfica Lisbon) 2 years ago
Comon he is still very young, time will tell, you know all the media overreact when they see a good young footballer, but in my opinion this neymar is special, realy special ^^
Wgscheve (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
I don't want to see neymar at barca at all let him go to madrid. (I prefer barca to madrid) btw. If neymar was at barca it would be another zlatan, you gotta' be raised there to fit in
SrpskiCevap (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
And what exactly was/is wrong with Zlatan?
Zlatan= Cristiano. That's what's wrong with him
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Neymar would be pricy as f**k and we don't need him. Fantastic player, I like and respect him, but a waste of money for us
Outclassed (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I agree. We don't need him. We already have plenty of players to warm the bench
RG1987 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Comparing neymar and even ronaldo with messi is just crazy. Without messi barca will look average
Kakimora (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Uh no, take away xavi and iniesta and barca will look like argentina (average) why do you think messi doesn't do anything with his country...
Salman89 (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Oh Really? Then Take away ronaldo and Xabi Alonso Madrid will look like Atletico Bilbao !
Xavi and Iniesta are barca you can't take them out they were created IN barca!
Barca without Messi -- isn't that just the Spanish national team? Are they average?
RG1987 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
After world cup spain lost to all the big teams they played, england, italy, portugal, argentina. Even in world cup spain scored spain would never beat holland without referees help. Just because they keep the ball does not mean they are the best
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Beautiful comment above this
St1or (Barcelona) 2 years ago
People are just trying to find ways to make Messi look bad. No one appreciates how lucky we are to live in the same generation as him and watch him week after week....

It's a pathetic excuse to say he does nothing with Argentina. Argentina has a completely different playing style than Barcelona.... And he gets to play 10 games at Barca for every game at Argentina.... And rg1987, without RVP, you guys would have lost your last 7 games. And Kakimora, take away Xabi and Casillas and Real will look like Levante
Bprice44 (Flamengo Rio Janeiro) 2 years ago
I think we can agree that most teams wouldn't be what they currently are without the players they currently have, so.... The conversation is pretty pointless
Barca10ahn (FC Barcelona II) 2 years ago
Dude, go check barca history, messi has scored at least three hattricks on his own without xavi or iniesta
Dukeduke (Barcelona) 2 years ago
@rg1987 you could say the same about the refs and holland in the world cup. They basically bullied themselves to the top. They should have been down a man when dejong karate kicked alonso in midfield. That was horrible, clearly a red card offense, no chance of getting the ball. They keep the ball because they are the best and they are the best because of how they control a game
Spain lost those games in friendlies. They won every Euro qualifying match. Those friendlies were composed of experimental play styles and squads changing throughout the game, relearning to play with Silva, learning to play with Mata, etc. And so on.

And Spain had the refs on their side? You must be kidding. Even Dutch critics called their game "anti-football". Some of the fouls were absolutely preposterous and they undoubtedly used the sacred nature of that match to exploit hard fouls insofar as they knew red cards would be avoided
Vitaliy166 (FC Shakhtar Donetsk) 2 years ago
Pele said neymar is better, who the f*ck is neymar? When he goes to europe basicallly he will build you up to let you down
2 years ago
This was a great game and I know this is wrong of me to take it off topic but I just see too many people for Pele and in his support.

First of all Messi plays amazing for his national team it's just Argentina are packed on forwards and lacking a midfield and defence.
Only if his teammates could score off of his genius passes maybe they'd win more.

Also would I have a good argument to say that UCL is actually more important then a World Cup as it is a harder competition?

UCL consists of Clubs with infinite money that spend it on select talents from National teams and get the best players from around the world all together in one Club. Then the players play together every day preparing for the competition every year.

For Messi to win 3 UCL's; to me that's better than having 3 World Cups. Also Messi and Barcelona have racked up two club world cups.

So Pele needs to go back to training and come prove himself against the new and improved football where players have reached they're best possible with all the technology and not back in Pele's days where they drank and smoked Cigars all day.

Also Brazil's squad during Pele's time was on a whole different level not all the credit can go to him when some of his teammates were actually better than him
What you gotta' realise about Pele is he just generally talks crap. Go to any big footballing country in the world Pele has told them their player was the best player he has ever seen. Go to the UK its George Best, a week later in Portugal "Best player I ever saw was Eusebio", go to Germany "Beckenbauer". He just talks crap, have you ever seen his top 100 footballers in the world from about 8 years ago? Laughable. Also when a player is described as the best ever Pele is there probably supporting them until they get too good and well known, then he just talks them down. Maradona, Ronaldo (Brazil), Zidane and now Messi. Any players obviously amazing and considered "the best" for a long time, he comes down on. He also always talks up the Brazilian players as being the best and possibly one day the best in the world, even though Neymar isn't even good enough to lace Ronaldo of Brazil's boots at the same age. If he succeeds Pele will talk him down in the end. FIFA also support what he says as long as it brings them recognition and money. Pele was a great great player, but his behaviour in defending his "crown" is atrocious
So true atnigh
ThorPower (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I don't think you'll convince too many people the Champions League is bigger than or better than the World Cup. There is no comparison for me other than they play the same sport
Tanair (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I didn't read the whole thing....
But I think you are saying augero and tevez are bad, indirectly....
And tht sucks....
No comparison? The World Cup is pure prestige and tradition. Yousif said it all; club teams are better than national teams because there are no rules for who plays. This is maybe debatable for certain masterclass WC winning teams but the current RM and Barca could surely beat any current national squad.

Anyway, Messi has been a member and resident of Barcelona for now more than half his life. They provide for his family and he's called it home as long as he's been sentient, more or less. I wouldn't be surprised if deep down he feels a deeper connection to that city than to Argentina. Think what it's given him
World Cup always bigger than the Champions League, I don't care how much UEFA spend, every player wants to win the champions league sure, but the tournament that matters the most is the World Cup.

It doesn't matter that Barca could enter their club and win it now, same could be said of Ajax late 70's, Liverpool mid 80's, AC Milan late 80's, Juventus mid 90's Real Madrid early 2000's, Barca now, probably Man Utd around 2007 etc. The point being the ability to get a side together who do not play together every week and make them win the WC is hard for both players and managers. Spain got it last time mainly because most of the team was picked from two teams so that's kind of an advantage really.compare to say the Netherlands who got to the final and their players play all over the place. Not taking anything away from Spain's achievement but it takes a lot more effort and talent and ability to get a team to work well nationally game after game in competetive competition
Doodle (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lol.... Champions league bigger than world cup? Every footballer of the year would jump for a chance to win the world cup. I don't know how he rated champions league bigger than world cup. World cup makes football legends but not champions league. Heck even Guus Hiddink became South Korea national hero for his achievements during world cup. That's how big world cup is!
2 years ago
If the Champions leauge happened every 4 years I bet you're opinions would be the opposite. Just because it happens every 4 years doesn't make it a better competition. I perfer watching UCL over World Cup any day since UCL is soo much more competitive and team's play so much better than the national teams do. Idk how you could possibly argue that Club teams aren't better than national teams.

Better football = better competition = more excitement and entertainment. National teams always have 1 or 2 sides that include more of the better players and end up winning it
2 years ago
The World Cups of the past are much different though because a lot of the national team's player used to play in the same club in their country which gives them so much Chemistry like the Brazilian teams during their time. In Europe the players were a bit more spread out. Before National team used to be more important and closer knit than club teams where today Club football has so much more chemistry and all the players are spread out and know their club teammates better than their national side teammates
Yousifsaid can I just make a small request from a fellow Barsa fan:

I appreciate your analysis every Barsa game and stuff. But please dude, you write too many and too long comments in the same game. Responses to comments, you can have all you like. But individual long comments, please limit them to 1 or 2 per game.

PS: you can obviously do whatever the hell you like It's just a small request lol
Barca10ahn (FC Barcelona II) 2 years ago
@Atnighthawk if what your saying is true, especially the last few sentences, then its more or less a manager world cup. Its the coach/manager who has to get the national squad to work better together and prepare tactics, etc. Sorry, I have nothing against what you said, but I'm just pointing it out
Wisso; he's not some guy in a bar yelling. With all due respect man, if you don't care just don't read it. Yousif drops some knowledge that's away from the typical declarations of Barca dominance and shitting on Ronaldo, which is nice considering the general nature of footytube users, present company not included.

On a side note, WC is magical, but there's just so much chance. There's a birth lottery, a hope the manager will perform, a choice of 23 men while inevitably ignoring the likes of hundreds of other top quality players, and then training every so often and hoping everything goes well....

Also, I don't think any player would ever give up any trophy they truly worked for. Barca's CLs are such trophies, and they're the result of a decade of work at la masia with the rest, perfecting their skill sets and team work.
@Barca10ahn

Yeah it is kind of true its a manager lottery. But really its also about how adaptable your players are. Or if your players who are fairly one-dimensional are so good anyway can you mould the team around them with players who can adapt to them. A lot of the players people think are good are really not as amazing as people think. Argentina is a prime example some really good individual players, very few who can adapt and work together well in a team
Looks like tsubasa won.... Great barca showing best of european football
Rooneycan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
This is not how europeans team played just a few eruopean team trying to played and only barca doing it
BadTripRich (AS Roma) 2 years ago
Pele? Neymar? ....    No comments?    It's about time.    Thank you barcelona. And congratulations!
ThorPower (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Love that touch from Xavi. It's too easy
Doodle (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Xavi was a late bloomer in Barca. He gets very little playing time but it can't be blame. When he was trying to get a1st team game there were others better and more established than him. He gets my vote for Balon this year!
St1or (Barcelona) 2 years ago
He has like 600 caps for Barca.... Lol
Isenblud (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Funny what rubbish people say these days.... Have some common knowledge please

Kick4Life - changing lives through football