Forums / Barcelona
Order: Newest / Oldest
Santos V Barcelona, Dec 18
Amanek (WKS Slask Wroclaw) 2 years ago
It's obvious that there is no one to compare with Messi (and I hope Pele knows it after the game). At this time his domination in football world is outright. On the other hand Neymar is still one of the best players in the world so comments like "Neymar who? " aren't really argumentative. Neymar could show his skills againt Barca only if the others from Santos played at good level. They didn't. In my opinion Neymar was the brightest player from Santos and only one who tried to face Barca. He needs to move to Europe if he want to achieve something more and increase his skills.
Great game by Barca ofc
VeB!
Edawn (Bayer Leverkusen) 2 years ago
.... And that's why Neymar should move to Europe if he wants to be one of the best players in the world
Beautifulmind (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I think he is from that same material as Robinho.... They progress until a certain point and no more
Dreadlord (Barcelona) 2 years ago
The kid is 19 and you, among many others here, are judging him based on one game: his first major final and a final against Barca! One thing is clear, though - there are few if any players in the world at Neymar's age right now who can even come close to his skill level - the reason for all the hype
Cancule (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Congratulations to Santos that despite the outcome, have played a fair game. It is a very young team and certainly very successful in the future
Edawn (Bayer Leverkusen) 2 years ago
Messi's touch to get around the goalie when he scored the second goal is beyond this world
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Xavi's first touch for the 1st goal before passing it to Messi and before scoring the second goal were both amazing. As for Neymar, he is still too young and has lots of potential. But the big difference between him and Messi is that Messi was brought up on European football with South American flair. Doing stepover moves in the Brazilian league and doing the same thing vs EPL, Spanish and German sides are two different things. Neymar has a long way to go before being called the best. Between Messi and CR7, Neymar has really big shoes to fill for him to become the best. Pele has to wait for a long time before his judgement shows any value
Neymar is actually awesome. Aside from his skill, he has a great attitude. Lot of respect for his decision to stay at Santos - shows real loyalty and patience. I don't think there is much need for him to transfer to Europe at the moment at all. He is well adapted to the Brazilian style and still has considerable room to improve on that and play a role of leadership in the club. Won't get that chance at all if he moved to Chelsea or Madrid right now
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Santos was good last season.... This season santos was crap finishing I think 11th or 9th place in brazilian league.... Santos this season is mid table team.... Santos was lucky as hell as the game could have easily ended 6-0.... Neymar is a boss.... But messi is a legend.... I don't think even neymar believes he is better than messi in any way.... Lionel messi is a beast!
Mcgoal (New York Red Bulls) 2 years ago
Nobody can really take Neymar seriously until he moves out of Brazil. It's not that it's a bad league, but all of the calls fall his way, the defenders are not as intent, and the overall quality is not as good. Clearly, he is talented having had one or two good showings on the international stage, but in my mind he is behind even Balotelli and Goetze etc. Not to mention Ronaldo and of course Messi. This game was like a practice match for Barca
BosnaBarca (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Wow I can't wait to hear what PELE has to say about his Neymar. The kid is good but clearly has ALOT of room to improve. I don't think in the first half he got more then 10 touches and when he did have the ball the step overs didn't work at all. Just shows that if he wants to become great he needs to leave santos and improve his game in europe. Barca were amazing today just showing everyone that they play the best game in the world. Thiago was sensational today we have a great players coming up. As for people comparing Neymar to any of the big stars in europe are just clearly stupid. I would not not even place the kid top 10 in the world. Maybe in 4 to 5 years, the kid might even disapear if he comes to europe and since he is brazilian I give him 4 years and he will gain 30 to 40 pounds and go back to Brazil lol
LBCchelsea1 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Pele could say what ever the f**k he wants is a legend
Farox (Barcelona) 2 years ago
^ says a chelsea fan lol...
Beautifulmind (Barcelona) 2 years ago
As I said earlier Pele is an old fart
NeymarJr (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Yeah an old fart that is a legend. f*****g retards
DiSagnia (Chelsea) 2 years ago
@BosnaBarca Unless you're a Santos fan or simply a fan of South American football and seen all the games involving Santos, you can't really judge how good Neymar is now can you? He had a bad game against Barcelona, probably one of the only games you've watched with Neymar playing and your conclusion is, he is not good enough? Well, you want to know who else doesn't produce against Barca and is one of the greatest of our generation? One of the contenders for the Godlen Ball: Ronaldo. Would you label him as not good enough for being bad against Barca? Pele, a legend of football and has known football probably even before your parents were born, who follows Neymar's performance regularly, has acknowledged his talent and he is indeed very gifted.

Quite frankly, I think you're the stupid one for making such a comment. And @Pitifulmind I have no comment exept for: you're an idiot.
Toddtalk (Liverpool) 2 years ago
@Farox what does being a Chelsea fan have to do with it? The team you cheer for does not decide how valid your opinion is. The accomplishments of Barcelona do not make you an all-knowing football genius
Jepc92003 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
@DiSagna I think Pele was overrated, I'm sure if he would play in these times he would be just another gud player but not a superstar, I think Maradona was way bter but 2 bad he had a damn mouth, now Messi is d real king of Football, Barca d best team ever
@disagna ok dude calm down and for not watching him play I have seen the kid play and yes he is good he is young and has time but the kid plays in Brazil. Now the game has shown that he is not ready he has to leave to be better he is not going to come from brazil and do 10 step overs and dribble 3 or 4 guys and score when he is in Europe. He also will be a bench player for a a year or 2 if he goes to barca or real. And about CR7 the man is great he has shown it in EPL anD LaLiga playing vs barca don't mean s**t he is still great. Also no need to call me stupid not nice of you and me for saying people are stupid for even putting the kid in the top players in europe is stupid
@DiSagna I guess it dose show you are stupid because I never said the kid was not good enough I will help you read if you have any issues lol
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 2 years ago
The grinning assassin sublime touch to take it around the keeper
SIRryanofgiggs (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Xavis touch to control before he sets up messi oooft
Foballa (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Neymar is oh. K, let him stay in santos till he matures, look at what europe did to robinho the next pele!Probably going to a team where the coach doesn't care about grooming him, coaches matter a lot that's why messi can't produce in argentina
Tjugs6 (CA Boca Juniors) 2 years ago
Have you ever watched an argentina game? Messi produces just fine with Argentina. He just plays a different role. He is more of a playmaker. In the Copa America, for which he was highly criticized, he made pass after pass to his teammates who could just not finish. Much of the underperformance has to do with the finishing of other players
2 years ago
Messi has a gold medal with Argentina from the Olympics....
If you actually watch him play for Argentina he plays amazing and creates 7+ chances a game. It's not his fault he's the play maker and the striker. It's not his fault his teammates don't finish off of simple chances.
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 2 years ago
Messi produces fine in Argentina. It's his teammates who end up being unable to help the club: Aguero, Higuain, DiMaria, Tevez, etc
Where did all the geniuses screaming "neeyyymmaarrrrrr!" go hide off to?
Rooneycan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I think you paused your mind!He`s just a santos player and palying with great barca side do you really expect him to shine in this game!Come on, even if you put messi in naymar place he`s not going to do better than what naymar did today. Its fucken barca man wake up!
Which proves my point exactly. Individual glory is over-rated. Club glory is where it's at
Puuuyyyyyoooollllllllll!    Completely erased Neymar
Wigwam (Barcelona) 2 years ago
If you're someone who is troubled by Pele's lack of recognition of Barca brilliance, consider a few things about Pele and about Barca:

Pele personally sent Messi his career highlight reel. He is, clearly in his own eyes, a legend, and by many's standards the best ever. As such, Messi's abilities are a power shift, the byproduct of which could be the lessening of Pele's immortality and prestige.

By patronizing Neymar, Pele probably feels like he is a part of Neymar's progression, and playing a role as if handing over the scepter. Think how difficult it must be for him to see the changes around him and have no control, it's almost just typical elderly, 'in my day.... ' curmudgeon.

Barca, on the other hand, are an organization that has rarely, in the broad sense, known outside recognition. They are outsiders, not only as representatives of a historically oppressed sub-nation, but as the target of discrimination in modern Spain. It's true, trust me, Catalans have a whole slew of negative stereotypes among Spaniards.

They're a hard working bunch though; a team composed of locals whose athleticism isn't based so much on physique or stature as vision, precision, and ingenuity. But they've adapted their skill sets as if victors in some ever-ongoing evolutionary football battle.

Back on track though, they're a team that, four or so years ago, needed new management. Among the contenders for the job were Mou and Pep, and they chose the humbler of the two, disagreeing with Mou's vocal, abrasive, press involved philosophy. Barca management chose humility, and I'm sure it's what they expect from their fans, at least as long as 'The Barcelona Years' continue.

Maybe a bit too outside of the box all that, but just some food for thought!
Elgran (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Very well said. Tots units fem forÇa
Nice. One obvious element to add to Pele's take on Messi and his championing of Neymar is the intense and ever-present Brazil-Argentina rivalry...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football