Forums / Barcelona
Order: Newest / Oldest
Barcelona Shopping List
Ltm017 3 years ago
Okay I have decided to make a thread about players we would like to see come to Barcelona. It doesn't have to be for real but someone you see and you could see them playing in Barcelona. Just add a video of the person so we can see the talent you want to come to Barca.

Oh and it might never happen but its just a shopping list....

My pick......May never happen but still....I could see it!

Gervinho -minus the song

Current Club: Lille OSC (France)
Position: Striker/Winger

Barca10a (Barcelona) 3 years ago
He was great in the world cup
Ltm017 3 years ago
Okay fine! No one wants to write in my Shopping list!

Okay Next up!

I called this before Media did so its nothing to do with Media talking about him and Barca....He is just good!

Current Club: Palermo(Italy)
Position: Midfielder
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Pastore
Zhudayong (Barcelona) 3 years ago
And he can be a very good option especially considering the huge amount of time we've been wasting on Cesc Fabregas!
Plus he's much younger than Cesc!
Juninho17 (Atlético Madrid) 3 years ago
Much younger? .... Not really. I would much rather see Fabregas bring his show to La Liga
Reventon (Barcelona) 3 years ago
God that song is epic
Double post
Double post
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I think that we should look into buying a forward.

Names that have been floating around:

Rossi, Pato, Neymar, Sanchez, Cavani.

BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 3 years ago
I drool when I hear Rossi and Sanchez I think both would be excellent fits for our squad and of course I like Rossi as he is American born and it would be a great boos to US soccer if he went to Barca. Althought he plays for Italy he has a long history in the American youth system and is probably tied with Donovan and Dempsy as the most popular American players right now
Tanmay 3 years ago
It's written clear as day on the walls: we need defenders. Puyol is getting old, Pique is off colour, Adriano is no Dani Alves. I'd say we get G. Bale if we can get him relatively cheap
I do agree that we do need defenders but the fact that Fontas has moved up lessens my worry for now. I would like to add a player like Sakho or Hummels into the ranks because they are both excellent young defenders though
Barca doesn't have a good history in terms of buying defenders if you ask me!
Plus, though I agree that G. Bale would probably be fantastic in Barca, I hardly see Barca broke the bank for him.... If you see what I mean! Especially with his new contract with Tottenham, if he keeps his good work, he will be very expensive for us. And am very ashame to even say that when you consider the big flop the administration and Guardiola did over Eto'o and Ibrahimovic!
Mejay (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Just buy any good players with good attitude but please I am begging you guys.... Don't even wish for "Neymar". He is good and skillful but he is a crying baby and a stupid diver
Juninho17 (Atlético Madrid) 3 years ago
Yea.... Neymar is more of a Real Madrid player lol jk.

I know a lot of you may not agree with this, but I think Richards or Kompany from man city are great defenders.... They just need a WAY better team to boost their abilities.... Why not Barca?

*it's just my opinion, don't throw rocks at me for it *
Sebparedes (Barcelona) 3 years ago
We need a center-back (Vertonghen), a wing-back (Van der Wiel/Bale) and another midfielder (Borja Valero).... Going after Fabregas again would just be a waste of more time and money
Vertonghen is a good CB which I wouldn't mind. Ajax players slip into our formation with ease.

I agree with you on Fabregas though, going after him would be a bad move. Valero would be a better buy but if Villarreal seals a champions league spot I don't see them wanting to let him go unless we give them a deal they couldn't refuse. Same goes for Rossi
Ltm017 3 years ago
I wouldn't get Van der Weil or Bale but we do need a CB I think its obvious. We can get back Caceres he's young still...
Messsssssssssi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Well technically getting bale would be essentially like getting a CB since abidal would play as a CB. The only problem with that is that despite his wonderful season with us this year, he's only a year or so younger than puyol so it doesn't really fix our aging CB
Ok I just want to say this and of course we all know we need at least two central defenders either from another club or promoted from the "B" team to train and travel with the first team regularly. If.... Yes if we loose Danni alves we need to look long and hard at a player I absolutely love. Jeremy Mathieu from Valencia strong, tough, smart, great on set pieces and last but not least strong with both feet. Unlike Alves who despite being a phenomenal player has virtually no left foot he can make short passes with his left but if you notice when he plays up high virtually as a right wing defenses play him to keep the ball only on his right foot and even when he on rare occasions cuts inside he always carries the ball on his stronger right foot where it is easier for the defender to tackle the ball. Watch him closely over the next few matches and you will see exactly what I mean.

I am not being sarcastic or funny in any way but I wonder if this is one of the reasons Rosell seems to be hesitant to move foward with signing the player. Perhaps they are holding out because the feel they may have a less costly option. I hope you will read my comment carefully and understand what I am saying. I for one hate Ro-sell with a passion. But if that is their reasoning especially in these harsh financial times and with new fiscal rules on the horizon it all has to weigh heavily in their decision considering the amount of money Alves is asking for.

Lastly now that Messi plays a more central role than he has in previous seasons Alves crosses from the outside or balls slipped in off his right foot do not carrry as much weight as we no longer have a big target like Ibra for headers. Just a thought...
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Very understandable. If barca lose him they can find a replacement that is good with both feet, can set up some great plays. We just need to hope we find somebody that can fit that roll, also be able to play the barca style. It would be a great loss to lose alves since I believe he is the 2nd highest assister for barca so that would be a big loss. If it doesn't work out well I think we still can manage
That is a good point. It is true that since Messi has changed positionally Dani has become less effective. That does not mean he isn't a key player though.

The thing is though that if we don't sign Dani to a new contract he will more likely than not leave for free which would be a bigger loss financially than the extra 1. 5 (7. 5 million across 5 seasons)

Just reading over simplygods comment again. Perhaps we are getting ready to depart with Dani right now. Pep has a plan and if Pep feels that Dani Alves is an important enough piece of it he will push to keep him
I would personally hate to see Danni go and of course another option would be to play him on the other side but of course that is one of the most difficult things to do I have rarely seen a defender who is just as effective left or right. I would hete to see him go but I would really hate to see him go for nothing. I believe if they do not sign him now they will sell him to City for a pretty penny and move on seems a shrewd move and sounds exactly like Rosell the "Raton"
Werobbin (Barcelona) 3 years ago
We should be pushing to keep Dani Alves over a lot of players. Even with the recognition that he gets, Alves is underrated. Honestly, I would almost rather lose Villa than Alves. Yes Villa scores goals, but he doesn't yet have an effect on the chemistry of the entire team like Alves does. We might end up fine without him, but I would be nervous to see the result
I would like to see Bale. I would like to see Pastore. I would like to see Tevez. I would like to see Alexis Sanchez. I would like to see El Mago valdivia
Ten thumbs up for Sanchez!
Alfrodo (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Sanchez is a phenomenal player that is versatile. He can play striker, attacking winger, or traditional winger for the rare times we wanna try a 4-4-2 formation. Plus he would be great at fast, free-flowing barca movement and passing. This makes me drool thinking about it...
Ltm017 3 years ago
I would take Valdivia I have my eyes on him
Oh man I would love to have Bale. He reminds me a bit of Alves, has the same speed, unpredictability, and confidence. I'd pass on Tevez, I just don't think he'd fit into Barca's style.

You are right on with Sanchez, what a joy that would be
The idea of Tevez would remind me of Eto'o! Both have the quality of being beasts! The extra effort is never a problem for Tevez. Plus he's also a good finisher!
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Tevez is great, I do love him, fantastic player, great finisher, plus he never gives up, would be great I believe in barcelona but we really don't need another striker.... Messi, pedro, bojan are still young. If anything midfielders, deffenders are what we are going to need!
Tanmay 3 years ago
It seems like everyone has forgotten about getting a tall striker to provide us with a plan be when the goals dry up. I have said above that defenders should be the priority this season. But, it should be a short- to mid-term goal to get llorente to Barcelona. The diversity he would bring will be of great advantage.

His strength in the air will mean he can pull one or two of the tallest and strongest defenders out of the equation, leaving centimeters (rather than millimeters) for Messi, Iniesta, Villa, Pedro to operate in. And we all know what can happen when we get that much space!
I have always liked Llorente and to be honest it would make us more versatile allowing us to play against counter attacking teams with only two up top in a slightly more defensive 4-4-2 or a 4-3-2-1. I know this is contrary to Barca philosophy but would be very effective especially in the Champions league against English clubs
Having that tall guy in the box is good for any team, especially when we have to resort to the crossing game by alves. This doesn't really work for us though.

Also I would like to point out we tried getting a really talented bulky CF.... 'member how that went?
But keep in mind Che that Llorente plays on the spanish national team with half of our squad so he understands tiki taka and is also deadly in the air. I think he would fit into the Barca system and do much better than Ibra. Especially since most of Ibra's problems were his ego, not his height or skill
Llorente is a no-brainer as a good buy for Barca.

However, has anyone else had mixed feelings about buying star players from other Spanish clubs? I always like to see the quality of La Liga increase and hope that it will be more competitive in the future. When there is almost an assumption that great players eventually "graduate" to Barcelona or Real Madrid, it does nothing but maintain the status quo in La Liga. While, as a Barcelona fan, this is good for me, I would sometimes rather find new signings elsewhere and allow the spread of great players in La Liga, at least to the point that other Spanish clubs begin to compete more in European tournaments
That's an excellent point Werobbin and for me it just depends on what the player wants. If Llorente would rather stay at Bilbao then he should. However, if he wants to "graduate" as you say to Barca or another big team he deserves it for his efforts
I wouldn't mind Llorente, I am sure he would be a better buy than Ibra could ever be just because of his work rate compared to Ibra.

I'd be happy with Llorente but one thing about him is that he will only be able to play that central role, he wouldn't be effective when Barca mixes up the front 3 like we always do
I only see him doing well on set pieces....

Also I am biased with Latin American strikers, Europeans just aren't as good as us latins in front of goal lol. But it would help to have a giant brute up front against teams with the likes of Vidic ans such.

But that is a completely different Barca philosophy and I would rather lose every tournament then change the beautiful passing game that we have. And honestly if Llorente were to come it would be disastrous.
Oh come on "C" give it a break after Pele and Maradona South America has not produced on single good foward or winger. LOL (jk)
Its alright to be bias but come on, Europe produces equal amounts of talent. Goal scorer wise you have got Raul, Van Nistelrooy, Shevchenko, Del Pierro, Henry, Lineker, Villa, Inzaghi, Van Basten, etc. For every South American you can name a European to match
Che, until Argentina produces another Messi, I think it would be ok to settle with a little guy named Llorente - the lion master. This guy sends fear into the hearts of defenders and it's not just because of his brute force. He's got dribbling skills that Bojan should be taking notes on. And just think.... For once we'd have a player that could actually reach Adriano's crosses.... Lol
Che, until Argentina produces another Messi, I think it would be ok to settle with a little guy named Llorente - the lion master. This guy sends fear into the hearts of defenders and it's not just because of his brute force. He's got dribbling skills that Bojan should be taking notes on. And just think.... For once we'd have a player that could actually reach Adriano's crosses.... Lol
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
^^^there are a few di maria is young, higuain is rather young too. Argentines always show some promise. To bad our rivals have both of them haha
Sorry big shel, there is far more talent coming from South America in my opinion. Except if you want defenders you have to get those European towers. But as far as flavor on the pitch goes? There is nothing like that latin spice. Nothing
I absolutely love that Fabregas isn't on here    20 thumbs up
Fabregas doesn't make the shopping list because he's already in the cart on the way to checkout
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
I don't really like that 45 is to much for him plus I feel he will just get injured, be more of a waste than an asset=/
Which is exactly why we should wait until he is broken and unwanted and cheap. Then we will kindly nurse him back to health and welcome him home
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Haha teach him in the barca ways of not getting injured haha he can take some lessons by messi
CalumLUFC 3 years ago
Lol, if only you guys had to face stoke twice a season. Once is enough
Playing Madrid 4 times in a month is worse than playing any Stoke
Lol owned TheBarcaShow
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Ever Banega he's only 22 years old, Argentine, and would be lovely he's done a lot for Valencia the past two season, could possibly replace xavi when he retires? He would be a cheaper buy than most other athletes, shows some promise if you ask me
I love it.

He is a great player and would fit in brilliantly with the team. Can't believe you are the first person to have mentioned it. Problem is he is too good for a bench role and we aren't in a position to offer him a starting place in the squad
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Ya I'm thinking future purposes but I guess we will wait and see, right now I guess we should be looking for a couple defenders
Banega is very good. Sabes ke? Mejor compramos todo Boca Jr. S lol
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
No se de eso el boca no esta haciendo muy bueno en este teimpo=/ pero si tienen unos jugadores buenos que podemos robar? Jaja
Our scouts and trainers have done a very poor job lately with Boca Jr. S and they are in a Liverpool type funk.

I was mainly referring to the Boca of Banegas time, Datolo and so on
Mejay (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I don't know but I am seeing Navas and Llorente to be in the squad near the future. What do you think? These guys are good...
Ha! Had not thought about Jesus Navas and we are due to raid the coffers at Sevilla at least once a year. I like his pace and determination. Only thing that concerns any though is he is very similar to Affeley so what to do with both or do you think we will be making room by moving someone out?
Thing that concerns me about Nevas are his homesickness issues. He almost missed out on the World Cup because of them
With that sorta list, Barca would get closer to the spanish national team! And could get the colours of the spanish team as their second jersey! Am beginning to question the positive side of that! I mean appart from the fact that during international brakes, the root of the team is still together!
Plus as BShel mentioned, I believe Navas is quite close, in terms of tactics, to Affelay! And speaking of Affelay I think he's ulterely a better option (tactically) than Navas though Navas seems better playing at the wings
Barca would never adopt the colours of the Spanish national team (ahead of Catalunya)
Navas was brilliant in the world cup and scored a goal against us in the last Sevilla match. He is like Pedro on speed. I wouldn't mind having him one bit.

Llorente "the lion king" would be a killer striker for those matches when teams park the bus and we have no solution. Put him on as a super sub and let Navas, Iniesta, Xavi, etc feed him crosses and he will surely find the back of the net
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I'll keep it simple: there in only a real need for another CB. IMO, there is no better CB in the world than Mats Hummels at this moment. I'm Belgian, and I love my fellow Belgians Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld, but only Kompany (and perhaps David Luiz now too) can possibly also claim that much coveted title. And buying him (City's captain :S) would require half a billion.

So my only wish is to get Hummels. He has every single thing that would be required to make a great CD here: the right attitude, amazing defensive awareness and skill, strength, aerial dominance, and pace. And if we're pushing forward, he has the same abilities Piqué has: he used to be a striker and it really tells: he's very often a real asset in attacks, spreading out great passes, making forward runs if possible and he's a real menace to defenders at set pieces.

Furthermore, this isn't just a lucky season: he was the best defender in Germany last season too, when things weren't going so well for BVB Dortmund. This guy is worth 30m for a team like ours, and I can only hope our scouts have picked up the same thing. And Hummels is just 22: 10 more years of completely reliable defending
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Kompany is a great CB, he would be great on barca once puyol leaves but yes he would be extremely expensive. He's 2nd captain after tevez so maybe a little cheaper? I havent seen the way Hummel plays, but from what your saying he sounds like a good asset. I should probably look up some games by Dortmund
Ltm017 3 years ago
Oh I agree I was just waiting literally waiting for you to come in here and mention him(Hummels). I don't think city would ever let go of Kompany but he has been great.

I think if there is one position that we are in desperate need of it is a CB. Its like a cycle when we have big games we have trouble with our CB
You have convinced me of Hummels way back lol    I second the vote below!
Jeroen for Barca President! Or at least a scout?
Another vote for Jeroen!    Oh.... And for Hummels too
Scouting reports have come back on Rossi and the results are pleasing. If he is available at a decent price we could very well see him with us
Rossi instead of Bojan? I think it's a no brainer
WildChild (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Rossi said he'd rather move to Italy, he's not feeling spain
I have Rossi on twitter and he doesn't seem to have a problem with Spain at all. I think he needs to move to Italy to get full recognition though
Messsssssssssi (Barcelona) 3 years ago

Discovered him watching the brazil game and he's fantastic for his age!
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Yes maybe so but we don't need him he'd just be a bench warmer=/
His hair is pretty crazy lol
Manutdnyc2 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
He announced he's becoming a father.... His son could probably play on the same team as him when he[s older.... Could be a girl. But top notch player, i've been following him for a while the only thing is he doesn''t really fit into the barca passing style
It has been speculated that we are in the advanced stages of signing Argentine and Lanus keeper Esteban Andrada(20) to replace the Mino and Oier who are expected to leave for greener pastures (La Liga football) this summer.

Buenos Aires press are speculating that Zubizaretta has arrived to negotiate with the press also reporting that Lanus's president has confirmed that negotiations will occur.

Barca has went as far as confirming that there is interest for Andrada.

Tried finding a video of him but only found him getting scored on
Andrada has appeared for Argentina at the U20 level and caught interest during an international South American tournament in which he won goalkeeper of the tournament.

Andrada is the 3rd keeper for Lanus and has yet to make a first team debut.

Speculated that Andrada is pretty close to signed. All we know so far is that he will cost south of 4 million Euros
Ltm017 3 years ago
Have you seen him playing. His he good?
Nope I haven't seen anything
Barcelona and Alexis Sanchez's agent have met and are working out a deal for the player.

So far it is rumoured that the transfer amount will be around 30 million
While that is a pretty steep price, I love Alexis Sanchez and I'm so excited that he might be coming to Barca. His attacking style fits right in and he would be a perfect sub for Villa and Pedro when those two aren't performing (like the last 2 months). Excelente!
Ltm017 3 years ago
Honestly I would really like to hear a a very good rumor about Barcelona getting a very good defender. That would make my day. People say Barcelona is great team and more than anything I think we are amazing.

1. Pique went crazy for a few months (our hardest months)
2. Puyol was practically out for most of the season.
3. Abidal was sick
4. Maxwell injured
5. Milto injured
6. Two DM at CB

Call me crazy but we are pretty amazing to survive all of that once again after being in so may competitions especially during those months when we were goal starved. Not that we haven't done it before but I would like to see a brighter future for our backline
A defender is something that we do need for sure, I haven't heard any rumors about that yet. If I do I'll post though.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football