Forums / Barcelona
Order: Newest / Oldest
Barcelona Shopping List
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 3 years ago
Ok I just want to say this and of course we all know we need at least two central defenders either from another club or promoted from the "B" team to train and travel with the first team regularly. If.... Yes if we loose Danni alves we need to look long and hard at a player I absolutely love. Jeremy Mathieu from Valencia strong, tough, smart, great on set pieces and last but not least strong with both feet. Unlike Alves who despite being a phenomenal player has virtually no left foot he can make short passes with his left but if you notice when he plays up high virtually as a right wing defenses play him to keep the ball only on his right foot and even when he on rare occasions cuts inside he always carries the ball on his stronger right foot where it is easier for the defender to tackle the ball. Watch him closely over the next few matches and you will see exactly what I mean.

I am not being sarcastic or funny in any way but I wonder if this is one of the reasons Rosell seems to be hesitant to move foward with signing the player. Perhaps they are holding out because the feel they may have a less costly option. I hope you will read my comment carefully and understand what I am saying. I for one hate Ro-sell with a passion. But if that is their reasoning especially in these harsh financial times and with new fiscal rules on the horizon it all has to weigh heavily in their decision considering the amount of money Alves is asking for.

Lastly now that Messi plays a more central role than he has in previous seasons Alves crosses from the outside or balls slipped in off his right foot do not carrry as much weight as we no longer have a big target like Ibra for headers. Just a thought...
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Very understandable. If barca lose him they can find a replacement that is good with both feet, can set up some great plays. We just need to hope we find somebody that can fit that roll, also be able to play the barca style. It would be a great loss to lose alves since I believe he is the 2nd highest assister for barca so that would be a big loss. If it doesn't work out well I think we still can manage
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
That is a good point. It is true that since Messi has changed positionally Dani has become less effective. That does not mean he isn't a key player though.

The thing is though that if we don't sign Dani to a new contract he will more likely than not leave for free which would be a bigger loss financially than the extra 1. 5 (7. 5 million across 5 seasons)

Just reading over simplygods comment again. Perhaps we are getting ready to depart with Dani right now. Pep has a plan and if Pep feels that Dani Alves is an important enough piece of it he will push to keep him
I would personally hate to see Danni go and of course another option would be to play him on the other side but of course that is one of the most difficult things to do I have rarely seen a defender who is just as effective left or right. I would hete to see him go but I would really hate to see him go for nothing. I believe if they do not sign him now they will sell him to City for a pretty penny and move on seems a shrewd move and sounds exactly like Rosell the "Raton"
Werobbin (Barcelona) 3 years ago
We should be pushing to keep Dani Alves over a lot of players. Even with the recognition that he gets, Alves is underrated. Honestly, I would almost rather lose Villa than Alves. Yes Villa scores goals, but he doesn't yet have an effect on the chemistry of the entire team like Alves does. We might end up fine without him, but I would be nervous to see the result
Sebparedes (Barcelona) 3 years ago
We need a center-back (Vertonghen), a wing-back (Van der Wiel/Bale) and another midfielder (Borja Valero).... Going after Fabregas again would just be a waste of more time and money
Vertonghen is a good CB which I wouldn't mind. Ajax players slip into our formation with ease.

I agree with you on Fabregas though, going after him would be a bad move. Valero would be a better buy but if Villarreal seals a champions league spot I don't see them wanting to let him go unless we give them a deal they couldn't refuse. Same goes for Rossi
Ltm017 3 years ago
I wouldn't get Van der Weil or Bale but we do need a CB I think its obvious. We can get back Caceres he's young still...
Messsssssssssi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Well technically getting bale would be essentially like getting a CB since abidal would play as a CB. The only problem with that is that despite his wonderful season with us this year, he's only a year or so younger than puyol so it doesn't really fix our aging CB
I think that we should look into buying a forward.

Names that have been floating around:

Rossi, Pato, Neymar, Sanchez, Cavani.

I drool when I hear Rossi and Sanchez I think both would be excellent fits for our squad and of course I like Rossi as he is American born and it would be a great boos to US soccer if he went to Barca. Althought he plays for Italy he has a long history in the American youth system and is probably tied with Donovan and Dempsy as the most popular American players right now
Tanmay 3 years ago
It's written clear as day on the walls: we need defenders. Puyol is getting old, Pique is off colour, Adriano is no Dani Alves. I'd say we get G. Bale if we can get him relatively cheap
I do agree that we do need defenders but the fact that Fontas has moved up lessens my worry for now. I would like to add a player like Sakho or Hummels into the ranks because they are both excellent young defenders though
Zhudayong (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Barca doesn't have a good history in terms of buying defenders if you ask me!
Plus, though I agree that G. Bale would probably be fantastic in Barca, I hardly see Barca broke the bank for him.... If you see what I mean! Especially with his new contract with Tottenham, if he keeps his good work, he will be very expensive for us. And am very ashame to even say that when you consider the big flop the administration and Guardiola did over Eto'o and Ibrahimovic!
Mejay (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Just buy any good players with good attitude but please I am begging you guys.... Don't even wish for "Neymar". He is good and skillful but he is a crying baby and a stupid diver
Juninho17 (Atlético Madrid) 3 years ago
Yea.... Neymar is more of a Real Madrid player lol jk.

I know a lot of you may not agree with this, but I think Richards or Kompany from man city are great defenders.... They just need a WAY better team to boost their abilities.... Why not Barca?

*it's just my opinion, don't throw rocks at me for it *
Ltm017 3 years ago
Okay fine! No one wants to write in my Shopping list!

Okay Next up!

I called this before Media did so its nothing to do with Media talking about him and Barca....He is just good!

Current Club: Palermo(Italy)
Position: Midfielder
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Pastore
Zhudayong (Barcelona) 3 years ago
And he can be a very good option especially considering the huge amount of time we've been wasting on Cesc Fabregas!
Plus he's much younger than Cesc!
Juninho17 (Atlético Madrid) 3 years ago
Much younger? .... Not really. I would much rather see Fabregas bring his show to La Liga
Reventon (Barcelona) 3 years ago
God that song is epic
Double post
Double post
Ltm017 3 years ago
Okay I have decided to make a thread about players we would like to see come to Barcelona. It doesn't have to be for real but someone you see and you could see them playing in Barcelona. Just add a video of the person so we can see the talent you want to come to Barca.

Oh and it might never happen but its just a shopping list....

My pick......May never happen but still....I could see it!

Gervinho -minus the song

Current Club: Lille OSC (France)
Position: Striker/Winger

Barca10a (Barcelona) 3 years ago
He was great in the world cup

Kick4Life - changing lives through football