Forums / Barcelona
Order: Newest / Oldest
Barcelona Chat
SIMPLYGODS 2 years ago
I truly hope King Abidal the best and a speedy recovery and everything goes smoothly!

Bojan giving his love to Abidal:
Https://twitter.Com/#!/BoKrkic/status/180388067654381570/photo/1
ManoK (Barcelona) 2 years ago
How do they compare Ronaldo to him, I just can't understand

DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I don't make comparison between ronaldo and messi.... But I find it completely unfair how Ronaldo is underrated by those who praise lionel messi.... Whether its most barcelona fans or even ronaldo haters, its amazing how far people will go to bring the man down
Don't get me wrong.... I'm not underestimating ronaldo what so ever.... I love watching him he's a very talented footballer.... But messi is just on a different level to all footballers!
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
They? Are you not comparing the two through that post?    So ask yourself why you posted that
I am absolutely not comparing the two.... I just said how Ronaldo's talent is looked down because if messi's brilliance...
I'm very sad for Abidal.... Wish him a super recovery
I know many of us have different taste in music.... But most of you must agree with me that this is one of the most beautiful songs of the 21st century

Kingleo (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I prefer this song    

Messiesta (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Coldplay: Viva la vida

Clocks is an amazing song but I prefer this one more
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Hey I have a question for my fellow Canadians. Do you know how/where to buy the Graham Hunter book? I have tried our local Chapters store but they only have the ebook and I don't have one of those tablets. So can someone please tell me where I can buy them or where can I order them
Amazon sells it. You might not be able to buy it from Amazon directly but the stores which are found on amazon if you understand what I mean
I dunno if this was posted here before but please please please watch this.

NouCampHero (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I got a bit emotional seeing the old man tear up like that! Damn goosebumps galore!
Exactly! Haha I was gonna' say that but I was too embarrassed but yeah, its a really emotional video
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I hope we don't draw Apoel....
I can see on other fanpages they're say Uefalona will "draw" Apoel, I hope Apoel draws against those haters and eliminates their team hehe.
I see us getting Benfica.
I started every sentence with I.
I see what you did there be)
Not here to hate on EPL, here to praise La Liga!

Atletico and Valencia have cruised through Besiktas and Liege respectively....

But I must say, I love Bilbao! I have always been a mini Bilbao supporter. Congratulations on being better than United in two games.

Muniain is something special too
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Valencia played against PSV, not Standard Liège though. And I'm so pleased Athlétic won, again. I'm equally pleased by the class they showed to the United fans and to their own team
Oh yes you're right, Hannover destroyed Liege but Valencia got PSV
Unmessievable (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Epl is really a bit overated but so is a lot of other things in life
Took this from the Man. Utd. Forum.... Thought it was well worth the share! Respect is given where it's deserved!

Mufc1990(Manchester United)46 minutes ago

Just read this on the comments section on MenMedia, I felt it was a special comment and it needs to be shared on this forum:

"Just thought I'd share this with you.... My grandson has just rung me after they left the stadium with his mates and found literally thousands of Bilbao fans lined up outside their (United's)Exit. "They are clapping and cheering us, and our United fans are clapping back with handshakes and hugs all round"! He says it is like a carnival atmosphere and he has never seen anything like it in his life. He is usually used to having bricks and whatever hurled at him at away games, and not the affection that the Bilbao fans are showing! He says the Bilbao fans are the best in the World, unbelievable! He says HE hopes they win the Europa League; I am glad that we both agree with that! Bilbao I salute you! United 'til I die!"

I now have a huge soft spot for Athletic Bilbao, never in my entire life following football have I heard of such affection being shown by the home supporters towards an away following, honestly I am speechless, just speechless, such class I was impressed when they gave Giggs a standing ovation and applauded Rooney's goal but this is something else.

I am now going to support and follow Athletic Bilbao in La Liga and in Europe unless they are playing against us of course.

They have won my admiration here, I urge all of our supporters to take note of this wonderful club and try to support them in what way you can in their endeavours
Bilbao has always been class. If you didn't admire Athletic before you didn't know much about them

The only times when Athletic supporters are hostile is against Madrid and Real Sociedad.... Also a small group boo Iniesta too as they aren't fans of Spain
DerBomber (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
@TBS  Mind explaining the history behind that? And also, why Iniesta alone?
Zhudayong (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I knew of them when we played there in bad whether condition and at the end u'd see the fans clap in unison and the players hugging one another on the pitch. Then I knew that place can only be magical because such spirit is hard to come by.

Tonight, they most definitely made Spain proud. And one must give it to Manchester United as well. I can't count the number of times they've met teams in Spain and each times, they played football to its very best - they've never relied on anti-football (parking the bus or being overly aggressive - Chelsea comes in mind!)
They boo Iniesta because he scored the World Cup winning goal.

It all ties in with the political aspect of things

Once again I must state that like in Catalunya it is a fraction of people who feel separate from Spain
Ah, I get it now, Thanks mate
Fabby (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Wasn't bilbao founded by a couple of english men? Might have something to do with the appreciation showed by their fans towards an english team.
Yup a few Spanish teams were founded by English people who used to work in the ports, manufacturing or steel industries.

Barcelona was kind of founded by the same type of people.

Did you guys know that Atletico Madrid was founded by Basques and Real Madrid was founded by Catalans?
Ah nice, you learn something new everyday
2 years ago
LMAO Madrid based clubs were founded by Basques and Catalans. Thanks for that info Zhud. I honestly didn't know that. I actually thought we were founded by an Englishman
Gunners4mylifeh (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I thought barca was founded by couple of englishmen.... I m not sure about it...
2 years ago
I thought Barcelona was founded by a Swiss. That's why they play the Gamper trophy or something
Barca's founder was indeed Joan Gamper but he had assistance from Englishmen, Arthur Witty and I don't remember the other one. (It was Witty's brother)
Badge (Manchester United) 2 years ago
It's one of the few times I'm really happy for the team that beat us. Atl. Bilbao outplayed us for both games; they came to Old Trafford and played really attractive, attacking football and could've won by a much bigger margin; their fans outsang ours on both occasions, and honestly there's no reason for me or any other United fans to have anything but respect for this team.
Hats off Atletic Bilbao!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Just a FYI: I was on vacation in Basque country this summer, gone camping and surfing, and it's a beautiful piece of Europe. Great coastline, beautiful cities and loads of equally beautiful girls.

Try it out Mancs, but bring sunblock if you're used to Mancunian wheather
Haha I love how all the fans even from our great Rivals and other teams have come together to applaud the greatness of Bielsa and Bilbao. A truly special moment in football
La Liga baby! Trashy league my ass! We've got a Manita of teams in European tournaments right now! Like Lil Wayne says, "We in this B*tch!" haha
You knew it was coming so enjoy:    
I've always said Drogba was a class diver but knowing how EPL fans are so predominant, they can cover up whatever they want. Let's see how they cover this one up.

We can have a bit of rest with ppl hating on Busquets. Lol
In his defence, he stopped diving for a while though. I still feel he's one of the best strikers in the game, even at his age. His physical presence, along with his eye for goal makes him a really good player. I still think the old Drogba (like when he was 28) was the best striker to have on any team
I wasn't ever a big fan of Drogba, he definitely has their awesome combination of physical and technical traits which make him great.

He fell down far too easily for his size and made it so obvious as well
Ltm017 2 years ago
I confess I wasn't a big fan of him, but I have to admit I have some respect for him because I've watched him and seen the effort he puts in for his team. He does what he needs to for his team. Yes and the diving thing is not something I like because I feel any player with his stature shouldn't ever go down that easy no matter the case
@DerB, I will never deny Drogba's fine qualities as a striker. One of the best, definitely! (at least in his good days). However, I stay on course about him being a class diver - always been.

Side note: I do wonder tho; if you have Drogba on such heights, I guess u'd say of Eto'o that he's not from this planet, huh?! Haha Btw, I've never seen Eto'o dive - which only stretch his talents as a whole
Eto'o's another class player as far as I'm concerned, but Drogba had a better heading ability, hence my admiration for him. But yeah, he's a little too soft. He still ranks above many of the strikers of the past though, at least for me. The only one I hold in higher regard than Drogba is Dwight Yorke. Short, but almost flawless with headers
NeymarJr (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Ohh Drogba. He doesn't dive often but, when he does it's always a fail Lol
St1or (Barcelona) 2 years ago
What's funny is that had that been Busquets or any other Barca player, this site would have surged with articles and trolls relishing the moment. It's totally okay that out of all teams, a chelsea player does it
EPL fans covering up Drogba? What?
If anything, all of us would all agree that Drogba is (or was, cause yesterday's game was the first time in a while that he's had a theatrical moment) a huge diver. United fans would agree that, so would Arsenal fans, and I'm sure Liverpool fans in particular would all agree that he is one.
Like I agreed that CR was a diving, whining little princess (but an extremely talented princess who won us consecutive league titles and whom I love haha) when he was a United player. Diving isn't cool, doesn't matter who does it. (You'll almost never see me defending a United player for diving, for instance)
@Badge

That's because there aren't many divers on United that pull it off on a regular basis. Drogba, however, has been a diver his entire life. But his diving career hasn't nearly been in the spotlight as much as Busquet's few moments.

It may seem as though Drogba had given it up for a while.... But that's because he has been on and off this season with injuries and the african cup etc. It's not like Busquets dives every game either. There are only a few players who dive on a regular basis (I. E. Your #7 a few years ago )
I actually thought Drogba had fully stopped diving. I don't think it's cause of the reasons you said, though. It's because he actually stopped diving. Not this season only, but for the past 2-3 seasons. And in 09-2010, 2010-2011, he played tons of games. He just stopped with his theatrics.

And Busquets doesn't have to dive every game. There's a reason why he only dived in the big games, there's a reason why these kind of things happen in the tougher games. Why would Busquets dive when you're winning 7-1? However, when the game's tighter, and time's running out and the pressure's on the players to make a difference, that's when the diving starts. It's normal, when your team's struggling to score, you'll try to get a penalty (I'm not talking about Busquets or any player in particular, here), or a player sent off in the heat of the moment. That's why Drogba did this in this game. If Napoli scored one more, Chelsea would've been off. It's because there's so much at stake that the players do it.
Now, this is just my opinion, but I base players on those big situations. If a player constantly dives when his team is in a quarter-final, or tough game, then he's a diver. Doesn't matter if he doesn't dive for 50 out of the 60 other games of the season. When his team's winning pretty much all of the other games in the season, he usually won't dive
And yeah, Ronaldo was a big one. It really bugged me, and I always used to yell at my TV when he went down when no one touched him lol
Though I have to add that Ronaldo dived and got free kicks (and rarely penalties) - I'm talking about his United days. I've never seen him try to get a player sent off when he played for United by doing something like what Busquets did against Inter, or Drogba did against Liverpool seasons ago, or like he (CR) did against AC Milan (when he played for RM). And he was a player who used to get stomped on and had his share of really nasty challenges against him
Kingleo (Barcelona) 2 years ago
DerBomba thumbs up for mentioning the Trini legend Dwight Yorke
Just had a glance at all the EPL forums, and this is the first time I've ever seen all the fans united. I haven't seen a single trolling post since Tuesday by a rival fan
When the climate is drastic, ppl don't tend to go out much.
A lot of them had a bit of a reality check tonight, well its for the greater good
It's because Chelsea remain the only EPL team in La Liga and both United and City are out of the Europa league. This is where national pride comes in and that's what Chelsea has done. It has brought unity amongst EPL fans. It's quite special actually
LMAO! The BPL commentators are cracking me up. Sporting's keeper feints an injury + the time wasting by their medical staff to attend him - and there goes the commentators bitching about it and saying the ref should give at least 5mins of additional time.

They don't even hide themselves anymore
Ltm017 2 years ago
Oh please they never did! Yesterday when Drogba was dragging things out it was the right thing to do to get the win, but not today when an English side needs the time to win.

Sucks that Joe Hart couldn't get that goal though. I honestly thought it went in
What a finish.... How insane would it have been if Hart had scored that header?
I don't know about you guys but I think today I had more fun listening to the commentators rather than the excitement of both games.

My last comment on today's commentators -- In the last moment of the Manchester City game (that last corner kick), a second ball was on the pitch and the commentator says the boy that picks the ball on that corner must be a United fan throwing in another ball in such dying moments. Lmao
Ltm017, I'm not sure if we had the same commentators for the Napoli game, but in mine, the (hugely biased) English commentators said that what Drogba did was pathetic.

I'm sorry, though, but why are you all so surprised? They're obviously gonna' be really biased, you're watching commentaries in English and an English team is playing. Back home, I watched tons of games on Canal + Sport, and the French commentators were just as bad as the English ones whenever a French team played (I would mute it sometimes lol). It's normal, their channel is being broadcasted around their country, and most people are probably rooting for the team that's representing their country anyway.

That being said, biased English commentators really piss me off too! Really, really do! Lol I swear, when Ivanovic scored yesterday, one of them went "yesss!" hahaha It ruins the fun of watching the game...
Ltm017 2 years ago
Badge you are right, we can't be surprised.

But you are right it is annoying. Once during WC I had to listen to Alexis Lalas the American commentator. Never in my life again! He is the worse. Truth be told after it is said and done I have to laugh because they can't help themselves as much as we can't sometimes.

I've heard a lot of "yeesss" too! LOL
Ltm017 2 years ago
The Clubs left in the champions league are all from different countries. Except Spain of course

Barcelona and Real Madrid. And to think people look down on La Liga so much
Lol.... I actually wonder if RM and Barca should still be considered part of La Liga (or any other league for that matter).

They are clearly above everyone else. Funny part is - take them both out the picture, you get 1- Valencia, 2- Malaga and 3- Levante. With the 1st and 5th (Bilbao) still in the Europa. While the BPL top flight is half gone. I reckon this shows La Liga has got more than they give us
I just can't seem to stop liking comments made about La Liga, I'm either running mad, or I just can't disagree to anything said
Before you know it, they will say something else about La Liga. And yet, La Liga has proven itself time and time again, across different competitions.

Let's relish this moment! I hope Valencia or Bilbao win Europa and we all know who we want as the winner of champions league
Aliko (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I hope the final against Bilbao will be entertaining!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football