Forums / Barcelona
Order: Newest / Oldest
Barcelona Chat
Alfrodo (Barcelona) 3 years ago
"Barça are probably the best team at the moment and the best of all time."

"“Messi is the best player in the world right now. The Ballon d’Or should be carry his name, he’s going to win many more of them."

Surprisingly, these are quotes from Ibrahimovic! I'm glad that even though he didn't get on with Pep that well, he still recognizes our quality. Do you guys see him as a big threat tomorrow considering he is 4 feet taller than Masch and the fact that Pique played awful in the last match?

Link: www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/art...
Troubletonight (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Mind games?

I remember not so long ago Ibra made a few jibes against Barca......

Link: sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/no-balls-definitive-list-...

(ok, it was more against Pep....)
Tanmay (Footytube Moderator) 3 years ago
Ibra doesn't play mind games I think.... He's just moody and emotional. The praise is honest and so is the bad-mouthing imo!
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 3 years ago
Good luck against Lavezzi and PSG! It won't be easy if they play crafty!
It would probably be easier if we had Neymar...
I agree. Get rid of those space-wasters Sanchez and Valdes!

And to make sure Tello doesn't challenge Neymar for a spot you'll probably have to let him go on a free (hopefully to Arsenal since you've pinched all their best players for the last 10 years and thus owe them something!).

Total football is totally boring. I can't wait until Neymar arrives and we are blessed with endless matches consisting of 1 person running around doing his "young CR7 with his laces tied together" impression while the other players in the squad stand around watching while afraid to speak their mind!

I've been waiting for that breathtaking football from Santos and Brasil to finally make its way to Spain! Neymar will show all the doubters and haters that he's the best!

"Dime de lo que presumes why te diré de que careces. "

PSG has no chance!
Malik (Barcelona) 3 years ago
(Arsenal since you've pinched all their best players for the last 10 years and thus owe them something!) LMAO

I think 1st of April is already over in all time zones
Hook, line, and sinker Mt.
@Alfrodo It's all good!

I really hope I am wrong about Neymar, since Barca currently has a handful of my fave footballers (Busquets, Masch, Cuenca, Messi, Valdes). Would really hate to watch the camraderie unravel.

Anyway, good luck against PSG! They also featurea few of my fave footballers! (Ibra, Lavezzi, etc.)
Anyone heard about the best Barca player that never was?

Link: www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/art...

I wish they would translate this into English, or bring the series back...
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Lol it's a fictional player
I did realize that.... Hence "never was". But seriously a football-based comic book is something I would read
Lol I personally don't like comics but if it was a football based one like you said, count me in!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
"He was a left-footed winger with an astonishing goalscoring ability, and before long he was one of the world’s greatest players. " They apparently misspelled Lionel Messi.

Anyway, fun to see it's a Belgian comic. We had loads of comic books in those days, Tintin, the Smurfs and Lucky Luke being the best known ones abroad
My personal favorite remains Asterix. I think it was French rather than Belgian (sorry J), but what a great comic. Loved every page of every issue
Same here MWY, I loved Asterix & Obelix! My favourite comics when I was young, and they are from that same francobelgian style of comic books. Tintin was great too, but I liked the humour and the allround feeling the Asterix books gave you more
Josue (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Have you seen the movies? They are hilarious. Exactly like the comics only animated!
20Livercelona12 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
What the hell is going on, is this true?

Link: www.fcbarcelona.dk/component/content/article/1-for...

This site say: Valdes and Casillas they are switching club and it's a done deal.

Please somebody find me another source to confirm this, I can't find one
Hari6988 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Its April 1st.
20Livercelona12 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Omg they got me, I forgot it's april fools day hahahaha!
Woops, this was meant to go one post more to the bottom
^footytube noob
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Haha, you got burned there mate
What do you guys know about this guy?

Link: espnfc.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/5625

I've never heard of him or follow Swansea. Is he good?
Great keeper. Makes crucial saves, and fits in well with Swansea's passing side. Hopefully he stays at Swansea lol because Swansea are getting better each year and it would suck to lose their keeper
The sad truth is that Swansea is going to get raided this summer, and I'd be very surprised if they managed to keep any of their best players. Anyway, though Vorm is a very good keeper I don't think the management at Barca is going to make a move for him
I hope we don't go for Vorm. He made several mistakes the last few games of him I saw, he's already 30 (like VV) and we could get a sublime young rising star like Courtois instead
I don't know why I have this feeling that Chelsea is not serious about courtois & if we try to force his issue form our end we might fetch successful transfer deal.
I will be happy if either of below wears balugrana colors,

Marc-André ter Stegen
Courtois
Mignolet (just added him so jeroen don't spam this page with another post on him I kid, TBH from YouTube clips which I have seen, he seems to be a quality & considering the fact that EPL top teams are targeting him, he posses enough talent to play for Barcelona, 2ndly he will cost us less & will be easier to convince (his club & him to join us)then other good & young options
^ what you said about Mignolet and Jeroen is not even a joke, BSM same goes for Hummels. ))
I'll just ignore those two posts.    *runs away crying*
Lol@BSM for adding Mignolet just for Jeroen!    There, there big J. Maybe some Settlers of Catan will cheer you up
@ J , here something to lift your mood

Oh f**k , he's BVB fan too & watching him in barcelona kit worsen his condition ;) unfortunately mignolet picture in our kit is not available on Internet & I suck at photoshop , J you hav to live with it buddy :p
Dekk88 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Hey does anyone know the best place to the Barça game in Miami?
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Where Ray Hudson is of course. Watching with Stoichkov would be pretty awesome too.... Second though.... Definitely with Stoichkov
Dekk88 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Watching a game with Ray Hudson would be epic!
Aliko (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Anyone watching Ajax matches? This kid Fischer is awesome!
Aliko (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Watch the third goal
!
Yeah, Fischer is the next big thing in Holland. Like Ibrahimovic, Bergkamp, Kluivert, Van Basten and Cruijff before him, he looks set to become a legendary Ajax striker. He's not just skilled and scores easily, he's clever, quick and a good passer and team player. Bergkamp² if you ask me
Arse204 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Bergkamp is teaching him well
Anyone watching Atlético-Valencia? Really good game, but Valencia is completely dominating the Atlétis so far. They have like 70% possession and create all the chances. 1-1 so far at half-time
I am hoping for RM v Dortmund and Barça v Juve in the UCL semis. You can see the bracket here:

Link: www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/match...

Look, I learned how to paste
Avoee (Barcelona) 3 years ago
After quarters, will be new draw for semis, I personally prefer RM there to play then face them in final
St1or (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I want us to face Dortmund if we go through and Madrid to face Bayern if Bayern and Madrid go through!

And then FCB vs. FCB in the finals!
Dortmund and Barça all the way to the finals! Then I can kick back and enjoy the perfect champions league final. No matter who wins, it will be a winner I love
3 years ago
Okay so Mats Hummels a huge talking point this summer but we have a big problem if we are trying to buy him. In the back we have Pique, Puyol, Masch, Abidal, and Bartra. As friendly and tight-knit this club is, I think we really need to focus on whats best for the club this summer. Now everyone will have different opinions on each of these players but I'll go ahead and explain mine.

When Pique came back from United he was an energetic young CB that was trying to prove himself. Over the years of success he earned the reputation as being in the top 2 CBs in the world according to FIFA starting 11. I myself completely disagree with this. Pique over the last 2 years hasn't been consistent. When he has a good game it's noticeable due to the many bad games he's had. He hesitates a lot in the back taking the ball in the corner and putting himself in awkward situations. 1 on 1 he seems to get torn apart by almost any forward especially Cristiano these days. He's 6'4 and decent in the air. He seems to have his best games when he plays alongside Puyol who of course nurtured Pique and always tells him what to do. To me that doesn't show great signs of a leader in defence. A lot of his runs seem to be lazy jogs and his sprint.... Well lets just say some players could outrun him backwards. As much as I seem to be harsh, this is what I see on the pitch of years of watching Pique, including him in Man United.

Puyol is Puyol. At a time in his career you could give him all but one forward in the game and he'd skin them. Over the years of course he's slowed down and his old age causes him to pick up injuries too often affecting his condition. In top shape though he's still got it. I have a feeling he's going to be a bench player next season.

Mascherano is good all around except for a few misunderstandings here and there. The only problem I see is that he's really short. We need someone that is very dominant in the air.

I haven't seen Abidal play in what seems like ages so I can't quite judge the guy. I know he's getting old but when he was healthy age wasn't a factor. His long strides, calmness, and defensive mentality is great. He was also good at defending in the air. So he pretty much had it all then. When he was gone last season is where we felt it the most. Goals poured in from his side due to his absence. Especially if you think about Chelsea.

I will admit my biased opinion towards this kid but it's only because the amount of belief I have in him. Marc Bartra. Still young at 22 years of age but not enough playing time. However every time he's played for the first team he's proven to be a great CB. Lets not forget that it's not so easy to jump in at CB in Barcelona with so much expectations and pressure. A huge reason why I like Bartra is because he reminds me so much of Abidal. His speed is really good as he takes good strides, his ability to read the game is sensational. At only 6'0 you would think he's not too great in the air but his hunger for me shows more than that of Pique and he somehow ends up on the end of a header. Whether it ends up in the back of the net or not at least he gets to it. He has good strength and in 1 on 1 situations he is solid. As funny as it is he shows much more leadership than Pique and it's shown every single time he's played. He had a terrible first half yesterday but by the second half he donned the defence.

This brings us to this question. If We are looking to bring in Hummels this summer who will be the CB that leaves the club?

I say get Hummels and then rotate everyone the way we did this year. No one has to leave. Pique will get his head straight, Puyol will play as much as he can while Bartra fills in more. Maybe Abi is effective.... But who knows. Masche is also needed to fill in at different spots
Maaza (Barcelona) 3 years ago
If we get Hummels (or any other good CB), we should keep all of our CBs, and sell Song and loan out Fontas.

Song is very lazy at defending, he just keeps jogging behind the opponent player who has the ball. And he doesn't provide anything for the attack either. All he does is trying to dribble past opponents and losing the ball in dangerous positions.

Mascherano would play as DM the few matches that Busquets doesn't play. It doesn't make sense to have a player who only plays when Busquets is rested because there's no player in the world who could bench Busi
3 years ago
This makes me wish we would have never sold Yaya Toure He's still dominant in the EPL
MementoMori (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Never really understood why Barca needed to buy Song in the first place
^ then you mush have never heard of Seydou Keita either
Avoee (Barcelona) 3 years ago
3 years ago
He's German engineered he should be a great ref
3 years ago
Ahhh so anyone here that's good with computers and macs I have a mac and this website doesn't work on safari. Could anyone help? I'm tired of apple products
Maporomoko (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I have a Mac, and I´m using Safari right now
3 years ago
Okay see what kind of sorcery is this? As soon as you said that my reply button started working. Every other time it didn't work. The page selecting usually doesn't work either...
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Use Google Chrome for Mac... The best     Link: www.google.com/mac/
3 years ago
Thank you Maxxie I'm very ignorant to all this. I do love Chrome though
Maporomoko (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Glad I could help!
3 years ago
Bartra seemed so confused that first half, but by that second half he was an absolute beast in defence. Read every play and got to it before the other team and was dominant in the air. Wish we would have played him more this season too bad they forgot he existed till the season is about to be over
ManoK (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I just hope we bring our A game in Paris just like Milan 2w ago, tello and messi wet simply amazing!
Shovwar (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Who thinks our Forward should be somthin like this    Tello----------Messi-----------Villa    4 da PSG game
Maaza (Barcelona) 3 years ago
That front three should be a no-brainer as Pedro is suspended+injured and Alexis is Alexis. And Iniesta must play the big matches in midfield, not on the wing
Weegeez (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Gonna' miss Pedro, but Tello is good enough to pull make a difference in PSG I'm sure
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I tink da bst Barca playa is Messi.    (Sorry, I had to do it )

Kick4Life - changing lives through football