Forums / Barcelona
Order: Newest / Oldest
Barcelona Chat
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 3 years ago
This well written piece on Zabaleta perfectly summarizes my thoughts and feelings on Mascherano:

"That august publication The Mirror sent a correspondent, as you would well expect, to last weekend's dustup between Newcastle and Manchester City at St James' Park. It is not a newspaper for delicate tastes with its lurid spreads of teen pop stars and picture specials of reality television people getting out of taxis without putting their knees together first, but the football coverage occasionally pleases and, a little less frequently, also informs."

Link: soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/manchestercity/i...
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I think Zabaleta has been one of City's very best and the most consistent players this season. But I really can't say the same about Masch this year: he has been a liability as often as his (defensive midfielder) partners in defence, strangely enough. I still rate him highly, but it has become obvious he is not a natural central defender. Same for Busquets and Song. All three are not natural 'final men' because their style of play needs someone to back them up.

His work rate, professionalism and the love for our club that has developed (he recently stated his move to Barcelona was a dream move, and a dream that came true to its full extent) are great, but this season he's been below-par for his standards IMHO. But since he was played out of his usual position and partnered with other players who were out of their depth, I really cannot blame him. If he's our guardian with Puyol or Piqué, he's usually excellent
Shanksbond (Liverpool) 3 years ago
He's defensive midfielder. He did good job at liverpool and his other clubs.

I was surprised that he moved to Barca. Think his move into defence has allowed him to get more game time there, he's not really one of the starting eleven if everyone fit. Can see him leaving eventually.... He will get fed up of being played out of his preferred position, think its to the detriment of his international career too.... He needs more practise playing midfield.

Masca not a wonderful passer, he can play bad games. But I still really like him as a player. He's a lion heart and great tackler
Bananaskinz (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I can't remember where I read it, but I did once see a quote from Masch saying he was more comfortable playing in Central defence rather than Defensive midfielder at Barcelona. I think he put it down to the quick passing. This was a while ago now though, so after this amount of training with the team he may feel differently
Maporomoko (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Here is something for you guys:

A husband was sitting with his wife with nothing to say, so he thought I´ll give her a challenge.
He said "Darling could you give a compliment that's both good and bad? "
The wife hesitated for a second

Then she said "You have a bigger penis than your brother"
3 years ago
That's messed up what a whore!
CheMaradona 3 years ago
Lmao good one
GreenArrow (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Anyone think ballotelli is going to leave city during this transfer? /  I heard he got into some argument with mancini >. >
Arse204 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
That's just italian love
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
^as he said Italian tempers :/ haha insane but always stay together until the bitter end haha
There's more a chance in summer. But which Italian club has the money to take a gamble on such a player? Is he more trouble than he's worth? Plus some clubs think he will be given free transfer by city to get rid if him in the end...
Anja (Viking Stavanger) 3 years ago
Without Mancini, Balotelli no one will buy, only Mancini can make that guy calm(one way or another)
Even Mourinho couldn't handle that guy
Ltm017 3 years ago
Awww look at them Tito & Abidal! Great to see them both up and out. Yay for 2013 and hopefully a better year for them both!

Link: www.totalbarca.com/wp-content/themes/totalbarca/ti...
Josue (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Barca really are a family
CheMaradona 3 years ago
They look just like Mancini and Balo....
Avoee (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Stream for cat. Vs nig. Check my wall
FC Barcelona - Dream Cheers rocks...
Poindexter12 (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Www.Youtube.Com/watch?Featurelayer_embedded&v=XqB_PyVh0zo   Lol, messi)))))))))))))))))))
Tanmay (Footytube Moderator) 3 years ago
That's pretty hilarious lol
MESSIKIMOSHII!
Ltm017 3 years ago
They forgot to show him drying his face. He also splashed water all over his face and no water gets on his shirt or hair. What is this magic?
Aliko (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Hahaha so nice
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
@ltm its Messi he's an alien any water that touches his skin instantly evaporates haha
I'm off to Madrid with friends, to visit another friend who works there. I'm leaving in a week, for a week. With my Barça scarf tightly wrapped around my neck at all times of course, to keep my sanity and to not catch the Real Madrid virus (though it's not very contagious).

If you have any requests what I should do, or perhaps any recommendations (those are very welcome), feel free to leave a message on my wall, or post your idea here! On my list so far are:

* Visit the many beautiful places in Madrid
* Wear a Tito Villanova mask with a black eye, with a speech balloon saying "I've dealt with far worse than this".
* Throw a pie at Mourinho (I'll have to carry a pie for a week, but it'll be worth it)
* Visit the Bernabéu and take a picture there, proudly holding up the Barcelona scarf
* Do normal stuff that do not involve football, like discussing the impact of the economic crisis on Spanish football
Malik (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Carry a "get well soon" card for pepe, who just had knee surgery

Bullfighting

Try to get barclona jersey signed by kaka or Iker
Enjoy
TruthBeTold (FC Barcelona II) 3 years ago
Don't get choked with the scarf, maybe wear it loosely or wear a Barca jersey
3 years ago
Just have fun and enjoy yourself at Madrid. I hear it's a beautiful city and it's catching up with Barcelona, Malaga, and Granada as one of the best in Spain. I'm planning on visiting all 4 cities one day. Take lots of pictures around Madrid's most historical and beautiful sights.

If you ever happen to catch Ozil, please take a picture of him. Also inform him that his biggest fan in the whole wide Universe will come to see him one day and that he should be patient.

Have fun.
Influence (Barcelona) 3 years ago
@ I hope that day comes fast for you lol
TruthBeTold (FC Barcelona II) 3 years ago
When the definition of DIE HARD fan is looked up AFG's picture is next to it. Its good you don't apologize for being a fan
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Have a good trip Jeroen. Take care. Hope you survive the minus 16 weather. Heard it might get even worse
Badge (Footytube Moderator) 3 years ago
If you see Ronaldo, tell him to go back to United, please and thank you, lol.  Have a good trip, mate!
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Light a Madrid flag on fire in the middle of the Bernebeu while pissing on it while making tribal noises and dancing around it like a mad man haha
Tanmay (Footytube Moderator) 3 years ago
Soooooooo.... How much plutonium are you allowed to carry into Madrid again? On a totally unrelated note, how much do you know about nuclear fission Jeroen?
@Blackstar: I'll consider the card for Pepe, but I'm definitely going to colour it red and I might turn it into a card-bomb instead. I hate bullfighting (and any animal cruelty), so I'll definitely not pay to watch that. It's already outlawed in Catalunya, the rest of Spain should follow. A Barça jersey signed by Iker would be hilarious and world news though. I am certain he's not stupid enough to fall for that, because it would cause quite a stir in the media. I wouldn't want him to tarnish his reputation as a Madrid great because of me.

@afg: Madrid really is a nice place, no doubt about that. I'm not the kind of guy who takes a lot of pictures though, but perhaps I'll post a few after my trip here. The one in the Bernabéu with the scarf will definitely be here If I spot Özil (it's much more likely he'll spot me with his awesome hawk-eyes), I'll tell him he should consider a Dortmund move, haha

@tbs: yeah, my friend says it's around 5°C there right now, which is actually colder than here in Belgium, where we have a very mild winter this year. I'm also travelling cheaply with Ryanair (36€ There And Back Again - that's a little joke for SimplyGods), so I don't take luggage, only a backpack. Which means I'll wear two sweaters, three T-shirts and two pairs of pants to compensate the lack of storage room

@Badge: If I see Ronaldo, I'll ask for an autograph. I might not be his biggest fan, he is a footballer with legendary qualities. And I'll tell him Manchester misses him, but he'll be back soon enough with Real Madrid to greet you guys

@mwy: I actually know how to make gunpowder, but it would take tons of that to do some damage. Unless I put it in the card I'm going to give to Pepe to wish him a good recovery....

@Everyone else: thanks!
DerBomber (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Have fun Jeroen! Just try not to stand out too much with the scarf You never know what kind of nutter (supremist Madrid fan) you might meet. And, just remember that Spain's pretty broke atm, you might wanna watch your valuables
Madridista174 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Enjoy your trip Jeroen!
Anja (Viking Stavanger) 3 years ago
If we don't hear from you again, we know you got "eye poked"!
For those interested. Catalunya plays Nigeria today.

I had a tough time finding the match time because it is an unofficial friendly and it isn't posted on most football sites. I did find out when it will start though. Just click this link and it should show your city (or nearest) on the top there. If not then move down and find a city in your time zone.

Link: www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=...

Also on Friday there is an open public training session which will be streamed live on youtube
Alucard41 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
What was the result of the game?
1-1 Draw
Lytsdb (Barcelona) 3 years ago
NEW YEAR stats:
(may have already been posted by someone, I did not see it, so I thought of sharing it)

THE masia:
Barcelona's La Masia academy boasts 40
Graduates across Europe
Barcelona's academy boasts a stunning 23
Graduates playing in top-flight competitions
Across Europe.
Barca's own first team squad contain 17
Players from the La Masia academy alone.
Another 23 play with clubs in Spain and
Across Europe:
Barcelona: Valdes, Puyol, Iniesta, Messi,
Thiago Alcantara, Xavi, Bartra, Montoya, Dos
Santos, Busquets, Pedro, Cuenca and Tello.
Returnees OF barcelona: Cesc, Pique and
Alba.
IN other leagues: Oriol Romeu (Chelsea),
Iago Falqué (Tottenham, loan to
Southampton), Bojan (Milan), Reina
(Liverpool), Jordi Gomez (Wigan), Arteta
(Arsenal), Motta (PSG).
Spanish liga: Trashorras, Ruben Martinez,
Sergio Rodriguez (Rayo Vallecano), Fernando
Navarro and Botia (Sevilla), Marc Valiente,
Peña, Lluis Sastre (Valladolid), Victor Sanchez,
Baena, Verdú, Sergio García (Espanyol),
Giovanni Dos Santos and Fontàs (Mallorca),
Victor Rodriguez (Zaragoza), Nano (Osasuna)
Any Barca fan has to be extremely proud of this.

We probably aren't leading this category in numbers but the quality sure is there. Also should be noted that if we include 2nd divisions as well as leagues outside of the top 5 that the number increases quite a bit
Badge (Footytube Moderator) 3 years ago
That's honestly so impressive. One of the best, if not the best, academy in the world.
It's not easy to like a team that beat you twice in 3 years in champions league finals, but it's really hard to dislike a team with such an impressive philosophy as Barca
Haven't seen this yet but here is an Abidal interview (with subtitles) which I am sure you guys would be interested in.

SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Happy New Year everybody! I feel so bad for Southampton :/ so unlucky against Arsenal who hasn't done anything all match :/ It's really to bad unlucky own goal
Maporomoko (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I agree, I don't know what I´m watching right now!
Aliko (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Guys do you think we will be active in this transfer window?
Do we have money for activity? And who we have to buy? May be CB, but world class, there is any option? I'll say we'll be quiet on this window
I don't think so
Weegeez (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I'm expecting a CB, nothing else, maybe a winger if someone splashes the cash for Villa, but I don;t think we are selling
Petrostar (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I would like to see Hummels and Neymar.... But I doubt anything will happen this transfer window...
St1or (Barcelona) 3 years ago
We ain't gon' spend no dime!
Ltm017 3 years ago
^ Hahaha St1or I had a voice with your comment. It was hilarious to me!

Let's all pretend that getting Abidal back is the "new" buy. Cause that's as close as we are going to get!
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 3 years ago
@Petrostar, You would like to see Hummels and Neymar? Might as well make our club go bankrupt. I can't believe some of these fans' wishes of players, they don't care about anything and they just 'want' those players. Might as well add Falcao in there too...
@SabchezAlexis Bro, I said that's what I like to see, not what is realistic.... Lol
As for Falcoa, NO ! I just don't think he suits our team's playing style....
Besides, I think Neymar will be coming to Barca eventually anyway ! Hummels, well that's a different story. although I think he's brilliant.... !
Messiesta (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Sanchez, why so mad? Aliko asked a question and Petrostar answered based on his opinion
Visiting Madrid forum is taking toll on Sanchez
Best tapas bar in Barcelona: tossa

Kick4Life - changing lives through football