Forums / Barcelona
Order: Newest / Oldest
Barcelona Chat
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 2 years ago
You all should check out Cavani's goal for Napoli vs Inter last night too.... Worth a watch
[account-removed] 2 years ago
I'm actually going to blame the ref. Alexis Sanchez broke his left shoulder.... And the ref. Didn't care at all.... Sad
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Alexis Sanchez suffered a sprained left shoulder. He'll be out 1-2 weeks #fcblive [via @FCBarcelona_es]    No word on Iniesta yet
St1or (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Samething for Iniesta but he sustained a hamstring injury. Phil and Ray Hudson talked about it at the beginning of the 2nd half. It sucks!

*edit*

Andrés Iniesta have confirmed that the player has a slight tear in the hamstring of his left leg. The player exited the Copa del Rey against Real Madrid in the 29th minute with the injury, being replaced by Pedro. This Thursday the player will undergo more tests to determine the exact extent of the injury and the projected recovery time.

Alexis, for his part, has pulled a muscle in his left shoulder. He will be out approximately one to two weeks.

Yeah I knew it was a hamstring, didn't need to be told with our seasons history of injuries

Wondering how long he will be out for though. Hoping 3 weeks
Alfrodo (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I'm so sick of Iniesta getting injured! We have so many injuries it's ridiculous
[account-removed] 2 years ago
I think he was the reason we played very bad in the second half, we gave the ball away often, if we had iniesta we couldve controlled the game because we were 2 goals ahead and that couldve made us more confident
GreenArrow (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I blame sanchez injury on PEPE >. >  
Nah no ones fault. Just landed awkwardly on his shoulder. He should be back in no time
Juventusfc (Juventus) 2 years ago
Congratulations GUYS!!    Exiting games as usual and wow I look forward to these in the future
Soccerrenz (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Thank you!  Now get out of here! You have a scuddetto to fight for!
2 years ago
No by all means let him stay
Last year the CdR was some big trophy to Real Madrid, now it's nothing, and the league is the big prize, to me, I think capturing both is the biggest. We lose the league? So what. We aren't having the best season so far, but UCL and league are still work in progress! Even the CdR! Because these "little" teams people like to call always show they can rise to ANY occasion. So hopefully our boys are ready to play their hearts out every game!
Dukeduke (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Ya that really isn't fair about the perception of the copa del rey. I guess they'll take what they can get (glorywise). to madrid
Messionage (Barcelona) 2 years ago
So barca played very bad tonight overall.... This was probably the night Real Madrid could have finally beaten us, seeing how bad we were at the back from the start.... And yet we won! Its unbelievable! What do RM have to do to beat barca lol...
Jandito (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Probably they should kidnap messi couple hour before next classico.... Lol
He's an escape artist, doubt that'd work lol
Jandito (Barcelona) 2 years ago
HBD XAVI
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 2 years ago
LMAO

@barcastuff
Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid): "Footballwise, we were the better team tonight. First leg? We shouldn't talk about that now. " #fcblive #elclasico
47 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Hehe lol
@barcastuff  Tw Bar Refaeli (model): "I think I just felt a drop of Messi's sweat. Not showering EVER again! Yfrog.com/oc73sxnj" [@barrefaeli]
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
New WAG? Puyol, bust a move man. The best team ever deserve the best WAGs ever
Too bad Messi is in a long term relationship, because I am sure he would do more than just sweat on her if he weren't
Barcastuff barcastuff
Real Madrid had more possession than Barcelona in the second half tonight: 51% #fcblive #elclasico Full-time: 55%-45% [via @2010misterchip]
This is the scariest stat of them all!
Astounding...
That along with the chances stat sums up our second half.... And our game perhaps. There were small flashes of brilliants from Barca but Madrid were up to the task today.

Kept the midfield occupied and they defended as a unit for the most part
Jess3 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Just have to congratulate our Barça for passing to the semis against the toughest team in the world.... I have to add that Madrid almost won all the 50-50 balls (due to being physically the strongest team out there) which was very frustrating in my point of view.... Glad to see our little players put the best of their efforts to win the match.

What a shame "cerebro" got injured because Barça needed him to retain the ball up front more than ever. But glad to see Pedro is back rocking the sh1t out of it.

Once again congrats to all blaugranas for the win!
Any news on iniesta?
And/or sanchez?
Iniesta has a hamstring injury that could put him out for a few weeks. Haven't heard anything on sanchez though
Barcastuff barcastuff
Official medical report: Alexis has a left shoulder injury. He's expected to be out for 1 to 2 weeks #fcblive [@fcbarcelona_cat]
53 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Well well well. Finally Mourinho let's the tiger out the cage. He let his men play today and if not for some questionable calls from the referee this Classico could have been one of the best even. Now if only for the next round we can get every La Liga footballer to sign a release saying they will no longer ask for red cards and crowd the ref when he does not rule in your favor. There is so much pressure from the players, fans, and press. Referee's are scared to properly manage the matches for fear they will become the talking point rather than the play of the players. The Spanish FA needs to put an end to this bullshit post haste. An incredible match was tarnished today by the players not the ref. What I saw today was a ref being bullied into either swallowing his whistle or to give a card that was unjust.

Again kudos to Madrid for finally playing like we all wanted to see. I cannot wait for the next match
The Spanish FA won't do anything. They can't make a move on the easiest of incidents like Pepe's constant issues they won't touch this issue
Well I'm back from class and a bit disappointed we blew a 2 goal lead. Can't wait to watch the full match, I hear it was intense. Alves' goal was amazing. Benzema showed his quality as well. I'm glad we pulled through despite everything!
Troubletonight (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Lol, what's the point you already know the final score and the catchup
Ltm017 2 years ago
I don't know but I think Mou made a mistake not starting Benzema. He is obviously the best player for them to score goals and even assist when playing against us.

Kingleo (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Yeah the game was really good, one of the best clasicos in a long while.
The only bad thing, our defence was sleeping way too much today. I'm just thankful that Pipita is such a wasteful striker
@Troubletonight,
There is a lot, and I mean a lot more to footy than the scoreline. Here's a tid bit of what I'm referring to:

Link: www.zonalmarking.net/
Nice post Alf. Barca let Madrid back in the match. They took their foot off when they had Madrid on the ropes and insisted on playing out of the back to prove some kind of un-necessary point
Wydehantoro (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I don't know what happened with us in the second half, we just blew a two goal lead, we couldn't get our rythm and made several mistake that could give madrid the thrid goal.

If they said this is one of the best clasico, I don't think so because from what I thought we're not showing our best performance in today game.

But I'm glad we can make it to the semis
Casillas to the referee: "Go out and celebrate it with them!"
Zhudayong (Barcelona) 2 years ago
LOL. I didn't know Casillas was such a funny man!

Me to Casillas: I hope you guys took the time to celebrate the last CDR with the officials seeing how awful their performance was in that final
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Iker and a lot of the madrid players overreacted tonight. It was really silly the way he got himself booked. Honestly LET THE REF DO HIS JOB IN peace
He got himself booked so Lass wouldn't get a card.... Took one for the team there

Kick4Life - changing lives through football