Forums / Barcelona
Order: Newest / Oldest
Barcelona Chat
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 hours ago
Cr7 sits out one game and Madrid run riot. That's how irreplaceable he is at Madrid. They have so many options at Madrid that if he's sold tomorrow, it'll take them a couple of weeks to mentally prepare their players to not feed him the ball and then they'll be playing regular football
KingLucas (Liverpool) 6 hours ago
I just watched that video which is titled "Messi's incredible performance vs Atletico" and I was wondering why players don't get booked when they clearly tackle Messi just to kick him? I never knew being so good can be such a burden. Every time he starts to do something they foul him
Tree2 (Barcelona) 14 hours ago
Somebody tell me that you saw Tunisia get robbed today...
St1or (Barcelona) 6 hours ago
It was one of the most blatant cases of a referee getting paid I've ever seen. In some instances, Tunisia were playing the victim but it was just ridiculous how blatantly in favour of EG.

Apparently, they got a 90th minute penalty in another game as well. It's just shocking
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 17 hours ago
You guys think atletico will come out looking for blood vs madrid now that they're out of cdr or cr7 will come out in beast mode after his ban (something I've rarely seen him do vs big teams)?

The big question will be: who will turan aim his shoe at this time? I think they should make a shoe prop at every atletico game. If he had done that in England that would never let him for get that for the rest of his life
Malik (Barcelona) 16 hours ago
You know what, I remember many Madrid fans wanted WAR for our CDR tie with athleti, I think its the time we wish for the same, let their be a WAR !

As for ronaldo, it's pretty obvious that Spanish FA will be fool to take any decision which will strengthen the club which is reference point of separation from same authorities.

Also media plays quite a role, if you read spanish media on our CDR victory against athleti you will see then glorifying athleti pre and post match and bashing neymar quite extensively
Iscodisco (Real Madrid) 15 hours ago
You cules seem to really hold a grudge against the shoe throwing incident. So he threw his shoe. Who cares? Its not like he hurt anyone. All in all it made for some good comedy
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 14 hours ago
Grudge? I think they should have a traveling shoe prop because it would be funny
Andres201 (Barcelona) 9 hours ago
I thought it was hilarious
Iscodisco (Real Madrid) 8 hours ago
Ok my bad then
Andres201 (Barcelona) 18 hours ago
Munir needs to spend the rest of the season with the barca be team. Its for the better of his development and the teams progress I don't want barca be to be relegated to the segunda division be
9Ronaldo9 (Barcelona) 9 hours ago
We should have brought Sandro to the first team TBH. He's faster, stronger, and a more natural striker than Munir
BogardiDough (Barcelona) 20 hours ago
Tune in to Eibar v Atletico and see how nasty the field is
Unreadwriter10 (Barcelona) 20 hours ago
Someone forgot to pay the groundskeeper
Malik (Barcelona) 19 hours ago
Though they already lead by 3 goals, spanking coming in    Gona watch Chelsea vs city, lampard for winner
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 19 hours ago
For some reason I can never get into a PL game. I watch it but I'm just never entertained haha
Jeroen (Barcelona) 19 hours ago
Leverkusen-Dortmund is the game guys! Tune in naowww!
Weegeez (Barcelona) 19 hours ago
Haha SA I feel the same way
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 18 hours ago
Klopp has promised the team will rebound in the ruckrunde. They're looking alright until now. Still nothing like the were even last year. The defence looks very suspect
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 18 hours ago
Dortmund's first half stats:

40% possession
30% passes completed

Therein lies the problem. If they can't hold the ball long enough to put together a bunch of passes they're not winning anything
Malik (Barcelona) 17 hours ago
Disgusting from Mou again they literally went the bus mode after they scored the goal
Jeroen (Barcelona) 17 hours ago
Yeah, Dortmund played defensively with long balls. A little disappointing, but perhaps that's what's needed to bounce back and make the team confident once more
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 17 hours ago
Malik: mou plays towards a goal. He didn't want to lose a home game to city and let them get near cfc in the league. He was missing creativity in the center of the field with cesc. I know its negative and all that but he's not getting paid to put on a show. If he wins the league nobody is going to question why he parked the bus vs city
Malik (Barcelona) 16 hours ago
Franky, though I agree with your justification but the thing is its a small club mentality, he did that vs one of the worse United team in years he did that vs Liverpool and he did that against city in both home and away fixtures.

Problem here is that he have one of the best European squad at his disposal and he was playing at home, he should went for the win but he was content with draw.

I just hope all these draws come back to bite his arse
Malik (Barcelona) Yesterday
Https://vine.Co/v/Ot5XpFxnV5j    Zlatan don't move for you, you move for Zlatan.    #Thuglife
Jeroen (Barcelona) 21 hours ago
Actually he did move. It's just that his gravitational pull is so huge that it appears the ref is moving towards him
Duces14 (Arsenal) 1 day ago
Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=lq9cbXchIsE    Magic
ManoK (Barcelona) Yesterday
He's becoming one of the best
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 21 hours ago
The thing that amazes me about neymar is how much he's like messi. When he sees 4 or 5 defenders packed in a bunch in front of him he thinks to himself, "Yeah! I'm just gonna' go through these guys. Simple!" Both messi and neymar know what they're going to do 3 steps before their opponents. The last goal that Pedro scored vs elche showed exactly that. Neymar was making the run and at one point the defender made a lunge. Neymar literally stopped to let him finish the lunge and then walked around him. Anticipating your opponents next move accurately and not letting them guess what you're going to do next is what makes messi special and neymar is picking that up very quickly
Kingleo (Barcelona) 16 hours ago
Neymar was always like that. He used to abuse defenders in Santos but his 1st season here he toned down dribbling a lot and played it safe.
I'm glad he going back to what he was cause he is one of the few players that can beat any defender at will
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 day ago
I just wanted to say Club Brugge is undefeated for 30 games straight in all competitions. Best team in the world Oh, and guess who the midfield maestro is who's also their best player?

Victor Vázquez!

He evolved into a sublime playmaker, similar to Cesc. And this season, I'm not exaggerating when I say he's at Cesc's level when he was about 19. VV nearly won the Gouden Schoen (golden shoe); the yearly award for the best player in Belgium too. He missed out because the idiots from the KBVB (=Belgian RFEF) voted for Dennis Praet, a player of their lap dogs, Anderlecht. He's good too, but Vázquez was better
ManoK (Barcelona) 1 day ago
And the lord is not even playing
Weegeez (Barcelona) 1 day ago
His presence in the team is enough
Malik (Barcelona) 1 day ago
De Bruyne is destroying bayern 2 goals and assist wolfsburg lead them by 4 goals to 1
Bayern is getting bodied, didn't see that coming.... At least not in the Bundesliga
And you guys were telling me I exaggerated when I said he was good enough for Barça before. Tsk tsk

I'm really happy though; the Belgians are running riot in football, awesome!
9Ronaldo9 (Barcelona) 1 day ago
So Diego Costa has been hit with a 3 match ban for stepping on a player while running for the ball. Yet Cristiano is allowed to punch and kick players 7 times and get away with a 2 match ban. That's pathetic that a players name and fame can get him out of a long term ban. The ugly side of football
BogardiDough (Barcelona) 1 day ago
It has nothing to do with players name and everything to do with different leagues = different rules.
In contrast to EPL, video evidence can't be used to hand out punishments in Liga as they exclusively rely on referee's report.

Look at Ardan Turan's shoe hurl incident as another example where if the ref misses something, nothing can be done about it later.

La Liga rules need to change
With 2 match ban ronaldo will miss home matches vs Sociedad and sevila, had it been 3 matches he would have missed an away match vs athleti, I was not surprised that they spared him for the match vs athleti
CheMaradona 1 day ago
On the bright side.... These are top top players that are being held accountable to their offenses which is pretty awesome. One can get lost in the details but those really are, just as stated above, circumstances on preferences set by the league.

It does call into action though that a player can throw a shoe at a ref and it doesn't merit any fine or ban. Pretty hilarious and pretty fortunate for the player lmao.

Man how many nasty things have we seen from Costa over the years go unpunished? Well it caught up to him and now he will have that spotlight over him forever by everyone. Turan will get his turn I am sure, he is also a repeat offender.

Man.... We beat Atletico at their own game on wednesday and it was beautiful watching them break down so easily. It reminded me of when we handed RM their toughest losses.
Let's be honest Che. A 2 match ban is a 1 match ban in reality. Getting red carded automatically suspends you from the next match. So all that was added was a 1 match ban. I understand what Bogardidough is saying with the replay rule and it's definitely true. We need to change that rule asap. We also need to have a rule for replays on controversial penalties. I don't care what anyone says, controversial penalties are game changers and should be a very serious part of the game. It would change seasons completely. Teams will no longer be able to dive in the box as it would be punished, players will be very discouraged to cheat in games
Alfrodo (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Not too shabby stats from our attackers thus far:
Https://twitter.Com/BarcaStat/status/560635214322761728/photo/1

I want to give a shout out to Pedro. It takes a certain amount of humility to accept that you are playing second fiddle to MSN and still be content to play hard the chances you get. Very respectable professional. He's not the most talented player but he sure works his tail off
St1or (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Pedro deserves a lot of respect and in my opinion, he's good enough to start for a top class team. He would do very well in Arsenal, for example.

Just imagine what you, as a player, would have if your club had Messi, Eto, Ibra, Henry, Neymar, Villa, Suarez, etc. as part of your attack and you knew you had to compete with them
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Yeah, Pedro is the sort of player all top teams badly need. Because he's good enough to be a starter, even a star, for a slightly less great club, but willing to be a super-sub for us instead. Those players are truly as rare as absolute top players; most teams don't have the luxury of having one or two of those in their ranks. Solskjaer was like that for the most successful United team ever, Pedro is ours throughout all these years.

I think this loyalty is yet another benefit from La Masia: treat your youth players well and they'll dream only of playing in the stadium that towers over their academy. Neglect them, and they'll want to move on even if they're offered chances in the A-team. Marc Bartra is becoming another good example: he's one of the most promising defenders in the world, but still only plays about half as many minutes here as he could at, say, Arsenal
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 1 day ago
Love how you use us for your examples haha, Maybe they will follow alexis, cos Pedro= Me likey.... You can take flamini.... He's good sometimes, well once upon a time ago
Kingleo (Barcelona) 1 day ago
No thanks, no more Arsenal players here please.  They'll just be injured all season again.
Malik (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Another one joins the club !

The second son of Pique and his girlfriend Shakira has been born in Barcelona tonight. Their first son Milan was born two years ago. [md]

Rome !
Haha, Piqué, you fertile bastard I'm happy for them, breed more, I say! The world can use more Shakiras and Piqués. Same for pretty much every one of our players. Get on with it guys
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 1 day ago
So are they going through all Italian cities until they have a complete team of 11?
I guess Turin will be next
MessiDor (Barcelona) 1 day ago
No, the name is Sasha O_o.comes Sasha Grey in my mind
LOL messiDor, but I always though that sasha was girls name
I just hope to god that both children get the hips of Shakira, because despite how well Pique has been playing, he turns like a truck with no agility
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Cuadrado's transfer to cfc will be completed within the next 48 hours. How many wingers does mourinho need?
CHELSEA61 (Footytube Moderator) 2 days ago
Salah going the other way, Schürrle rumoured on his way out. That leaves us with Hazard. Willian is a CAM playing RW. The rest of our midfield options are Cesc, Oscar, Matic, Ramires, Mikel, Ake, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, none of whom are wingers. Jeremy Boga is also on the squad list for the PL, but not the champions league. So in truth we are short on wingers. RW is our weakest position in attack. Jose is trying to strengthen the weakest spot and keep the books balanced. All us CFC fans are elated that all this is happening. Cuadrado isn't cup tied like Reus and Douglas Costa. Best possible move we could make IMO
Alfrodo (Barcelona) 2 days ago
I'm relieved someone else is getting him. I never liked the idea of him coming here to play RB
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
WIllian is a winger.... Always has been.... Since his time in corinthians
Theo (Chelsea) 2 days ago
^ Did he play on the left or right wing? Because at Chelsea, he seems to have problems at RW. He plays better centrally.

Alfrodo, I never understood that rumour because Barca play 4 at the back. He's the type that plays RWB in 3 defence formation, not 4 imo
Weegeez (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Considering the way Alba and Alves play sometimes, Cuadrado isn't all that far off Theo
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
@theo

He has always played on the left....

Its interesting actually cause once Willian became the main attraction in Shakhtar he was given the liberty of leaving his position more than often which gave him more goals and assists.... He's always been good cutting into his right.... However, willian was never really the player with the most freedom in Shakhtar.... It was mkhitaryan.... Despite being a CAM their coach noticed Miki had a lot of goals in him.... More than anyone else in the squad.... So miki was pretty much like messi.... He played wherever he wanted but many times he was also a false 9.... And as a result, he was their top goal scorer for 2 seasons in a row I believe, with willian coming second in stats.

Eventually they managed to fit Luiz Adriano, Miki, Willian, Dougals Costa and Alex Texeira in the same squad in attack with Fernandinho right behind them.... They had an amazing squad.... It was with this team they knocked chelsea out on group stages and nearly topped Juve for the group.

I do miss seeing Willian play on the left side.... He is easily one of Europe's best wingers.... But for him to play in his position he will have to somehow bench Hazard.... And that not gonna' happen.... Bad for him in both Chelsea and Brazil cause Neymar isn't gonna' be pulled outta' the left neither.... So basically he plays for 2 different squads and both have two of the best growing talents in the world playing directly in his position
St1or (Barcelona) 2 days ago
@DaGaza

Where exactly does he fall in this category of 'easily one of Europe's best wingers'? Because I can think of 10 players better than him
Yeah, Willian is not 'one of the best wingers in Europe' IMHO either. Unless you're talking about the 30 best wingers or something. I'd be able to name several players who are probably at his level or higher who are unknown names to most people here. Several of those play in the BuLi
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
Willian is definitively one of the best wingers in Europe.... If you guys had seen that man play before he went to chelsea you would know....

Remember how Hulk was one of the best Wingers in Europe for 2 years while he was under AVB in porto? Everyone was ready to sign him an then he made the mistake of going to Russia for money where now he isn't even close to being the player he used to be and could have been (cause he could have still improved).... The same thing happened to Willian.... Everyone in Europe was interested in him.... He could have made a serious impact in Europe and then he decided to go to Russia for the money and it all went to s**t.... Meanwhile fernandinho made the right decision and went to the premiere league where he had an amazing first season.... Now.... He is being benched.... I don't know why cause fernando isn't nearly as good as him.

I know most people haven't but you guys will be amazed how extremely talented willian is.... He certainly is a better winger than cuadrado, I can confidently say that much
St1or (Barcelona) 1 day ago
Let's start with the easy ones:

Robben, Ribery, Muller, Reus, Draxler, Bale, Ronaldo, Neymar, Hazard, Sanchez, Sterling, Di maria at RW >, and even Griezeman atm >
I think willian is up there but still not to 10. Before he went to Chelsea he played in Russia and Brazil. Not really top notch competition there.

St1or: You forgot bale and cr7 there
Oh never mind. For some reason I didn't read bale and ronaldo. Dyslexia kicking in I suppose
Kevin de motherfucking Bruyne!    Ask Pep after tonight
DaGaza (Real Madrid) Yesterday
@st1or

I said one of the best.... I never put him in the top 10

There is suppose to have like 500 wingers in Europe.... If someone was to be in the top 20 or so can't they be labeled as one of the best?

Willian is better than Draxler, Sterling or Griezeman.... If anyone bothered watching him play before he went to a famous club then they would know how talented he is playing in his position.... You can't judge a player you never saw playing at his best.

@Jereon.... That's my point exactly.... De Bruyne is a chelsea reject.... Anyone a year ago who said he was one of the best young talents out there would have been called silly.... Now he has 5 goals and 11 assists in 18 bundesliga matches and now he is one of the best young talents again.... But you being from Belgium watched him play before he was put on the bench and forced to plat outta' position in a famous team.... So you always knew how talented he was, though others who only began watching couple matches with him thought otherwise.

Anyways.... Till willian moves on from chelsea and goes somewhere he can play in his position, at his best, with freedom I can't really prove my point.... So ill just have to wait
Jeroen (Barcelona) Yesterday
Actually I know Willian was pretty great for Shakhtar, but I didn't see as much potential in him as I saw in KdB or the Hazard bros, for example.

Willian is not a fast thinker, de Bruyne is. In fact, he's the smartest of all famous Belgian players, and that's saying something. Willian misplaces easy passes far too often as well and rarely creates good chances. At this higher level (than the Ukrainian competition), he's out of his depth too often. KdB though, he is at his very best in the big games. For Belgium he's usually the MOTM. At Genk, Werder and now at Wolfsburg he's showing the same quality: to raise his consistently good performances to great ones against the best clubs. The fast he was always great except for at Chelsea (since he barely played at all), also means that calling him one of football's biggest talents would NOT have been frowned upon even in those bad Chelsea days. Even the Chelsea fans themselves loved him and knew his potential. You don't just single-handedly prevent a Bundesliga team like Werder from getting demoted; which is exactly what he did before going to Chelsea again.

I hoped (but never really believed in it) Barça would get him as an understudy of Iniesta. We could certainly use another quick thinker and technical player like him who's more direct than the typical La Masia graduates. He's the sort of player that fits into any team, really

Kick4Life - changing lives through football