Forums / Azerbaijan
Order: Newest / Oldest
Turkey V Azerbaijan, Oct 11
Sulutas (Galatasaray SK) 2 years ago
The game was very stressful for us since at the same time we had to follow the Germany v Belgium game - so, the players weren't concentrated well for this game (and our Azeri brothers set up a Chinese wall before their goal almost the entire game). I hope Nuri Sahin will be back in a month till the play-offs and play some games in Real Madrid, because with a fit Nuri Sahin in our midfield, we can be a much better team than the one played against Germany last weekend
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Well deserved
Riajz (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Tough game for Turkey but at the end they got the 3 points. Well done
Balgam (Fenerbahce SK) 2 years ago
The game was under our control for 90 minutes. However, we lacked of creativity thanks to this Chinese wall.
We are in play-off's. But let's do a brief review of Turkey in group stage. We have 17 points, less than Ireland, Hungary and equal to Armenia. Sad thing is Hungary and Armenia couldn't qualify. We were hoping to be the best runners-up but we are the worst runner up now. We scored only 13 goals in 10 games, whereas Belgium scored 21 and Austria did 16.
It is still not certain that we will be seeded as for top team or not. I assume we are not seeded as. So our possible rivals are Czech Republic, Croatia, Ireland and Portugal. Except Portugal, those teams are waiting for a revenge. Czech and Croatia from Euro 2008 and Ireland for Euro 2000 Play-offs. I don't believe we will be in group stages with this game style. I can say we may have a chance against Ireland. Portugal? Well, we can't beat them at all so no need to mention.

Thecrowrip (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Well deserved. I'd much rather have Turkey in Euro than Belgium. Last Euro Nihat and Rustu were fantastic
Daniel85 (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
What a lucky goal
Sassysa (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Now what was so lucky in that.... !?    I think that was a pretty good finish tbh
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Good luck Turkey

Kick4Life - changing lives through football