Forums / Australia
Order: Newest / Oldest
Australian 2010 World Cup Chances?
Solzu (Nottingham Forest) 5 years ago
After the solid performance of Australia in the 2006 World Cup expectations are high for a strong perfromance in South Africa from Australian football fans. Can the Australians repeat the perfromance of Germany and break through the gorup stages? Perhaps even reach a quater final? Cleary the group draw will have a lot to do with the progress, but is the 2010 Australian WC squad really as strong as 2006?
[account-removed] 4 years ago
I think no one was expecting us to get as far as we did with the last world cup. But unfortunetly I don't think Australia will fair that well this time round. We have alot of football to catch up on before we are a real threat.... But I'm positive that 1 day australia will be at the top
Cainemac (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I'm actually going to South Africa to watch us through the group stages. But I have to be honest and realistic. We simply do not play world-cup standard football for the full 90 mins, And teams that do this, get punished every time.
We lack firepower, we lose cohesion at the slightest of things and we seem totally unable to produce creative one-touch passing up front - where it actually matters. Don't get me wrong I'll bring my face paint & flag and I'll sing Waltzing Matilda with everyone else but sadly I think we stand even less of a chance in 2010 than we did in 2006 of getting through to knockouts. We're gonna' give it our best shot though, and that's all we can hope for
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Good spirit Cainemac Cheer extra hard for me!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I was going to do this article myself, but someone beat me to it , oh well.
Anyways I think the Socceroos last world cup journey was great and unfortunatley ended by italy (Not going anymore on that topic), so what are our chnaces in this world cup? Quite frankly not that good, this year tuthfully our chances arent that great, sure we have improved, and the aussie sport spirit is higher than ever but we have a few problemos, mostly what Cainemac has said, and the fact we're probaly one of the most inconsistent team around! Australia aint a powerhouse yet, but its a matter of time, I am sure one day we will take it home! Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi! And BTW our group this year is a killer. , but don't worry I will keep the green and gold scarf on everyday!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football