Forums / Aston Villa
Order: Newest / Oldest
Aston Villa V Tottenham Hotspur, Dec 26
Uconn2004 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Spurs were fantastic in this game shame that defoe was given a red for basically nothing
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Vdv is amazing! 10 goals from midfield already!    Still cannot keep a clean sheet though. When will that back line be fit?!
MikeStyleZ (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Hopefully end of Jan' 2011. Woodgate is getting better and so is King, not sure on Huddlestone but ATM we can cope without him but prefer him than Palacios TBO
Pvolpert22 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
What's the deal with Woodgate? Wasn't he not included on Redknapp's initial teamsheet? Will he be able to play in the rest of the season?
Mjay83 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
VDV is back at it again nice goals. This was some what an intense game especially in the second half, villa park is really a hard place to get a win
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Red card on Defoe. The Referee's lucky we won that game or he'll be hearing from the yid army for the rest of his life
TommoSpur (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
He still will, he joins the Howard Webb Hall Of Infamy...
Holdfasthope (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Again Modric owned the mid feild. Beautiful ball to set up the first goal from him. Good game good game Modric and VDV
For sure, as important as the assist itself, and quality enough that only 1 touch was needed to send it in
WHUFCFGV (West Ham United) 3 years ago
What was that red card for? =_=,
A late Christmas present
Davel (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Ridiculous red card on defoe
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Did that even deserve a card? He was only challenging for the ball
I think the elbowing law, among many others in soccer, needs to be revisited and rewritten.
Guys use their arms to jump! Guys are different heights! It's gonna' happen!
There needs to be malicious intent for it to deserve a red. And/or blood, I think at that point it was unsafe enough to merit a sending off
Yidchris (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
I try not to sound bias on sites like these, as a massive spurs fan I'll do my best!

Villa did not have a bad game, especially in the last half hour, spurs let their game slip slightly and I thought villa would nick a draw.

We did only have 10 men and were away from home, no easy feat for any team.

Anyway, VDV's finishing is second to none, hope he stays at the lane! Good win for the yids
VillaFan27 (Aston Villa) 3 years ago
Talk about men versus boys, it was like we weren't even on the pitch. Great work from Spurs, I hope you guys can get back into the top four this year. The clock is ticking Houllier...
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Cheers mate. Villa played very solid. The pressure you brought second half gave me a case of the runs
1LaneOnly (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
The only disappointment for me was,  Harry didn't put that Gooner-Frog in hospital.... LoL
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
VDV's performance was an obvious standout. But for those of us who have been watching closely, I have to say....

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccccciiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssss!!

Just a great game from Wilson when we needed it.

Looks like it's back to VDV and Crouch for awhile. I'm not really complaining, but it looked like VDV and Defoe were really communicating.

And as a side note. If I want to see anyone shut down Bale, it's nice to see an American keeping up. Lichaj had a great game. He basically forced Bale to start free roaming.
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Enjoy it while it lasts
I'm always glad to see an american succeed!  But congrats also to Tottenham, well fought, and a deserved win
Vishal, grow the f**k up.  I bet you're one of the fools who voted Spurs' performance as 'rubbish', loser.
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Good win even with only ten men. That last goal was unfortunate to go in against Tottenham, but give Villa credit for salvaging something out of a game where they had an extra man
Hulio (Liverpool) 3 years ago
VDV is el rey!
Jkozlovsky (Barcelona) 3 years ago
VDV is such a good player but Villa were unlucky not to get a draw
Can't agree....
- Kaboul's goal was wrongly disallowed (should've been 3-1).
- Defoe sending off was harsh and meant Spurs had 10 men from the 28th minute.
- Though Villa pushed didn't actually threaten to score that many times, there was an element of fluke to the one they actually managed to get.
3 points well earned, now our first choice centre-backs are returning champions league places beware!
Jimyg (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
VDV definitely has the x factor. With him Tottenham looks like a team that can turn the game on its head. He is a great player!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football