Forums / Aston Villa
Order: Newest / Oldest
Aston Villa V Sunderland, Jan 5
Darkinja (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Nice strike by Bardsley! Couldn't have hit it more perfect Heskey shouldnt have raised his hand, he was asking for a red by doing that. Sof red card for Bolo Zenden too. Btw, what a miss by Heskey too lol
Mvtaylor (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Great way to score your first goal in English Football!    As for Villa, jesus sort it out Houllier...
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Great strike.... Villa is dying; milner and the manager should have both stayed

Good on sunderland. They lead the premiership with 11 clean sheets if I'm not mistaken. They're having a really great season, and I'm glad welbeck is doing well for them.

Reds89 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Good win for Sunderland
Lumileppardi (Swansea City) 3 years ago
Awww sorry too see Heskey sent off ...... But yeah, Houllier's gotta' say "vamos" soon and head off to greener pastures..
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Villa are a great team. Not sure what is happening with them. Is now or never for Houllier.

Bruce must be ecstatic. When was the last time that Sunderland was this high up in January?
Nyfloydart (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Poor Aston Villa, I hope they will gain their form back, they were unlucky today
DevilFan88 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Hope villa can get themselves sorted out they are too good a team to be doing so badly.... Excellent win by Sunderland i've been rooting for them recently because of Welbeck and I like Gyan's style 2
Farashcr7 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
AV is not bad their manager is bad.... ! Martin o'neil's tenure was just amazing recent seasons.... !
Drakilla (Olympique Lyon) 3 years ago
I wonder wtf is going on with aston villa this year...
Gray1 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
They let Martin O'Neill leave as manager, that's whats wrong. Monumental error!
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I agree gray. Martin was very important to their success last year
Booomdario (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Steve bruce for prime minister!
Bjarni10 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I'm not sure but maybe Villa would have won if Heskey hadnt been sent off.

But still a pretty boring game overall. But I think Villa are to good to be relegated.
And Steve Bruce is doing fantastic work with Sunderland and I hope he does well
DEFENDtheBRIDGE (Chelsea) 3 years ago
They would have at least drawn if heskey didn't miss in the first half, that's for sure!
Parkerm35 (Sunderland) 3 years ago
Boring game? How can any one predict what a score would be if some one didn't get sent off? It's like saying I might have won the lottery if I put it on! What a stupid statement!
DEFENDtheBRIDGE (Chelsea) 3 years ago
How does phil bardsley's goal only get 30 GOTW votes? That was a great strike and the fact that he squeezed through all those bodies only adds to it.

Well done for steve bruce's men. If they qualify for Europe I think he has a strong case for manager of the year!
Gray1 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I agree. He's doing an amazing job up at Sunderland. He has a chance to seal his status if they beat the Toon in their next league game!
Check out thiago motta's goal for inter, that got my vote
Shall we begin the countdown to Heskey's retirement or is I too soon?
Spartan29 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Villa has been very inconsistent tis season. They seems to hav lost t plot. Villa park used to be a fortress under Martin O'Neill. Boy they must miss him badly. He waz t Architect behind all those amazin Villa runs. Rate him right up there wit t top managers. Would like to see him take up t reigns after sir Alex calls it a day. As for Steve Bruce who is making a real name for himself at Sunderland. Top strike frm Bardsley. Both t tackles frm bolo Zenden were shockin
Parkerm35 (Sunderland) 3 years ago
Yeah zenden = old man and showing lol
Mashuhuri (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Being an Arsenal fan, I watched our game with AV here at Villa Park this season in dread. I knew we got ourselves game as usual as M. Oneil days. Damn, the Gooners were all over the Villains I just cudn't recognise any of them. It was 1 of our easiest victories at Villa Prk, and instantly I knew this guys were no longer the same and they would go down if not under. Gerrard Houllier, you are infected with Liverpool inconsistency and you have murdered Villa_Unfortunate

Kick4Life - changing lives through football