Forums / Aston Villa
Order: Newest / Oldest
Aston Villa V Liverpool, May 22
Smtbgame (Manchester United) 2 years ago
First comment.... Go to a manutd's fan ! How unexpected :S    The goal was terrific too !
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Hmm you don't have much to say though do you...
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
We started out well but lost our focus after the goal, 2nd half we played decent but villa still deserved the win, nicely done villa
LyverBird (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Congrats to Macca and the Villans! It was a boring game from both sides though!
VN900 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Exactly!

What Liverpool fan can take anything away from McCallister or Houllier for that matter. Fantastic pair and I wish them well for the future at Villa
[account-removed] 2 years ago
This comment has been removed.
Gonufc (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Aaaarghhh, Just get lost! Are you selling all that stuff to try and buy some dignity?
Ak7996 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I know its been said before, but dalglish is pure class!
TOESIS (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Can't believe miereles didn't finish that.... Didn't look like l'pool deserved a win though. Well dona Villa
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Does anyone else think it was a Richard Dunne handball instead of a great save by Brad Freidel?
Amazing reflexes though.... Doesn't seem to age....

Apart from that move, Suarez was a little dissapointing he had several chances in the game but the scuffed most of his shots....
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Yay looked like hand ball...
Altocirrus (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Even if Downing wasn't there, Friedel would be able to block it. He's a god
Altocirrus (Manchester City) 2 years ago
I mean Dunne
As I say in my little run down I think it was definitely an attempt at a hand ball and sometimes for putting your hands out like that alone action could be taken by the referee and although it would have benefited Liverpool to get a penalty, I still think we were the weaker side on the day
Georgio (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Wata strike by Stewart the next liverpool signing Downing!
I think Liverpool will be better off without the Europa league....  Europa League is tiring and is a big distraction....
True true - I think they seriously need to change the structure of the Europa League because as it stands at the moment not many clubs find it appealing and it used to be such a good source of income for teams who wanted to compete
Ya clubs in the europa league play on thursday night and again on sunday.... So that takes a toll on the squad...
Goalkeeperfreak (Arsenal) 2 years ago
No Europa League is a blessing in disguise. I mean it would be nice to go to Europe but seriously, 2 Million for a nice trip around Europe, and for a horribly tired squad
Sefenvold (Arsenal) 2 years ago
2 weeks in a row dunne got lucky  
KopIt (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Sixth isn't bad considering the poor start of the season. From relegation zone to sixth. So Roy, you said anyone else who took over wouldn't do better aye?
DerBomber (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I think Roy Hodgson is not meant to lead a top team. The manner in which he turned West Brom around was remarkable, and the job at Fulham was incredible too. But if you look at it from that angle, wasn't Liverpool in that position before Dalglish took over? So, my conclusion would be that Roy Hodgson was meant to keep teams away from the drop and that's about it
Naki77 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Nice goal from Downaing. Great game this was. But not good at for Liverpool I guess...
Well I went to the game yesterday expecting much more from Liverpool - a terrible first half although we started well in the first 20 minutes and losing jay spearing earlier on seemed to dampen the teams spirits a little. This coupled with what seemed to be a constant stop start stop start for injuries and free kicks made watching the first half quite boring from a Liverpool point of view. On the flip side Villa produced the most chances and although lucas forced a clearance off the line in 14 minutes, Villa Capitalised with a fantastic strike from Downing that nobody could have stopped.

Second half was a bit more lively from Liverpool and I agree with people on here the Dunne incident certainly did look like he intended to handle the ball even if he didn't and even having your arms up like that could result in a penalty. Only he knows what he was doing there. Suarez didn't look upto speed either I am hoping that is to do with having nothing really to play for and he just wanted to go out and enjoy himself, he could do with cutting out going down easily, that will get him nowhere.

I also notice the other big talking point for me wasn't in these highlights where Meiereles was clean through on goal and he opted to try and sidefoot it to (I think it was) Suarez but was cut our by the defence - I was screaming for him to take a shot (I had him as anytime goalscorer).

But apart from that I enjoyed my day with a few beers and enjoyed the drama unfolding at the bottom half of the table (with all of the Villa fans it would seem).

All in all I think Villa looked the stronger side and certainly after our injury we had little to offer. From a Liverpool point of view I would say their man of the match would have to be Flanagan. From a villa standpoint I would say Ashley Young, the times he skipped past the defence without any trouble alone got him my vote
Alex08 (Juventus) 2 years ago
Nice goal for downing!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football