Forums / Aston Villa
Order: Newest / Oldest
Aston Villa V Bradford City, Jan 22
Brummieboy (Birmingham City) 1 year ago
Lol
X6alalx (Newcastle United) 1 year ago
^LOL
BoleynGhost (West Ham United) 1 year ago
Don´t know what a birmingham city fan has to laugh about.... Very soon your club will be struggling in league 1.... Now that's funny !
Mykewan (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Unfortunately Bradford City will not win the cup. They got by Aston Villa solely on corner kicks. You can't even win back to back fifa games on corner kicks smh. Hats off to them for the fantastic run
Fastrail (Liverpool) 1 year ago
You don't know that, anything can happen in football. Own goals, freekicks, corners, special long shot goals, bad decisions. So I wouldn't count them out yet. In fact, I'm cheering for them. And I believe they'll go all out during the final. Go Bradford!
[account-removed] 1 year ago
@mykewan, go f yourself mate
Bluezombi (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Well, we know who is definitely not going to win it this year.
Ponchoman17 (Internacional Porto Alegre) 1 year ago
This is awesome
RuudVann99 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
English soccer Rules! Lol lol this is amazing! Epic Stuff HERE!
It's football, please
RedWhiteBlack (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Football/Soccer - both have the same meaning. Deal with it
Baguera (Chelsea) 1 year ago
No, for North America it's soccer and for the rest of the World it's football. Football not soccer
AdamMaier (Portland Timbers) 1 year ago
Very untrue. In german its Fußball, in portugese it's futebol, in italian it's calcio, in polish it's piłka nożna of all things, in spanish it's fútbol, in welsh it's pêl-droed. The point is, they are different cultures and different languages. The rest of the world does not call it "football. " Many versions sound similar, but many do not. Your ignorance for other languages and cultures is astounding. I call it football plenty, but I also call it soccer. There is no "right way" as you claim, that's just a way of showing that you are ignorant to all other cultures
Shame on you adam. The world all knows, at least the origin of english, is football, and football is used in UK.

You kick it with your foot; you swerve the ball into the net.

In the word soccer, where is the ball? There is no ball
The word ´soccer´ comes from the official name of football ´association football´.... The yanks decided to take the association part (for reasons only known to them) and bastardise it by calling it soccer. The world knows it as football as someone already mentioned it is played with your feet and has been known by this name before the USA even existed as a country. End of discussion
AdamMaier

Yes its called fussball and futbol in other countries.... You know why? Because the name for the sport is football. Football as a professional sport was invented in England and so these words are translations of the word football not soccer. The exception is Italy but you may have noticed that many Italian clubs were founded by Englishmen and that is why they have English names. E. G. Genoa cfc (Genoa cricket and football club). Football is the international term for the sport, with the exception of the yanks and the Canadians too I guess
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
The name soccer also came from England.... And if you know what RuudVann99 is talking about, then why does it matter what the sport is called?
Kain (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Lets call it football yeah? People use it everyday in england and other countries. If your living in the US or other continents they call it soccer which is pretty much the same thing
DEFENDtheBRIDGE (Chelsea) 1 year ago
@But get off your high horse    If it's called football, then what do you do at soccer schools in the UK?
Albokk (Juventus) 1 year ago
@BoleynGhost In italy is called calcio which comes from the word calciare which means to kick
Hayleycomet (Arsenal) 1 year ago
The origin of tea was from china, yet why do you call it TEA instead of its original language which is cha? Invention of chocolate? Wine?
Coffee from Ethiopia? And so many more things in the world aren't invented in an english speaking language but yet why didn't you call it by the original language?

I know It's not sport but my point being you don't call something based on the origin but based on the language of each country.

So what if football was developed by the english? Do we ALL have to call it football? No.

Yeah, live with it
To those of you arguing so viciously against me stop getting so offended. I'm in no way saying it's not called football. I'm letting you know that in other languages and cultures they call things by different names, and that's something you'll have to learn to live with. I said myself, I call it football and soccer depending on who I'm talking to. Even Calcio when I was in Italy.

There's no "right way" to say anything. You understand exactly the sport that I mean. It's embarrassing how offended you get when someone calls it something else
Poppyfields (Arsenal) 1 year ago
So any comments about Bradford?
Ahhey (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Damn benteke, you scary !
Xxflicexx (Charlton Athletic) 1 year ago
Adam maier, the fact that you think people are ignorant for saying that the sport of football is known by that name is ignorant. Like many people have said before me. It was invented in england. The fact that you're using other countries own definitions for it not only shows you how stupid you are, it also shows how naive you are. Of course its going to be called something different as its a different language. In danish its called fodbold, which translates to, wait for it. Football
Of course it translates to Football.... That's what a translation is, are you kidding me? Every form of the word I just gave out translates to.... Wait for it.... Football! Because you're translating it into the queens english.
The sport was certainly codified in England, meaning they took a sport that had many forms all over the world and made rules for it which have changed over time. If you knew your history of the sport you would know that. I know that England started to make it the official sport it is today, yet it's also governed internationally to this day. I'm not discrediting the fact that it's called football in many countries, I'm arguing that you claiming that calling it "football" is somehow the only right answer is foolish and ignorant of other cultures. It's a different language. Even American english is different from the queens english. It's simply rude to ignore other cultures and countries. I didn't say that calling it "football" is not right, I'm just saying there are many ways to say it (that's what a translation is by the way, saying the same thing in another language or culture,) and guess what, it translates to the exact same beautiful sport. Football, soccer, futball, whatever you'd like to call it
FifaXX (Napoli) 1 year ago
Why did you post this? What does this prove?  
Atrixer (Norwich City) 1 year ago
Hahahahaha

Kick4Life - changing lives through football