Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Wolverhampton Wanderers V Arsenal, Apr 11
ChadForArsenal (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Have all the people forgotten the last defender rule on fouling? All of you people are saying, "Yes, a penalty, but definitely not a red card!" One would like to believe a community of fans would know a little bit about the game such as committing a foul being the last defender to goal
.... Is 99 out of 100 times an automatic red card.

Also, any foul committed preventing a goal-scoring opportunity is an automatic red, regardless of being the last defender to goal or not.

I'll bet the half of you were the same people criticising officials last week as well. Stop spreading ignorance
Thew90 (Aston Villa) 2 years ago
"Any foul committed preventing a goal-scoring opportunity is an automatic red, regardless of being the last defender or not. "

This is false. A foul committed by a player who is not the last defender but that prevents a goal scoring opportunity is an automatic yellow, unless that foul happens to be an intentional handball to deny a shot on target, or otherwise worthy of a red card
MESSl (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Wow.... Scary penalty.... I won't dare to do that in a match !
Eezyeman (Arsenal) 2 years ago
One of the best panenka pk's i've seen. Brilliant
MeekMan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Dailymotion highlights @
Osman2793 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Cheeky from Van-persie there
Dshar (Arsenal) 2 years ago
"oh he's tickled it.... Ohhh he's tickled it. "
Otownballer (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Agreed! You almost get the sense that the commentator was aroused by the brilliance
KeviUnited (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Wigan and Wolves been flirting with relegation these past 2 seasons. I think its time to see some new faces. I was sorry when Blackpool got relegated last season
Arsenal4great (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Blackpool seem to be fighting their way back to the PL. I hope they make it
ProComment (Manchester United) 2 years ago
For the guys who are saying arsenal played awsome.... Please.... Wolves were 10 men and still managed to get all those clear chances
Otownballer (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Actually man, I see a lot of comments expressing sympathy for Wolves, crediting Szczęsny with some great saves, and hoping that Arsenal can beat Wigan
KeviUnited (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Wolves weren't clinical; Arsenal was. Almost don't count when you're chasing 3 points. In that case I think they were awesome
TotheArsenal (Arsenal) 2 years ago
That foul? Maybe a penalty definitely not a red
AussieGooner14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Credit to Wolves fans for having great support for their struggling team.  Feel sorry for Wolves.  Great game for Arsenal though.
Oakie (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I know. I like Wolves. It's sad to see them go as Blackpool did last year
Buuuurak (Galatasaray SK) 2 years ago
I think theo's goal needs more votes. That was beautiful
2 years ago
Szczrsny, what a save  And what a cheeky penalty by RvP
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
What a shame for Wolves to get a red within 10 mins of game, but I think the ref was too harsh, rather he just have gave a yellow cause its not like Arsenal needed to be a player up almost whole game. But took risk and confidence for Van Persie to do that chip penalty like you can do it fifa12, great goal and worked and was alittle funny being 4 games since he last scored and felt like that was too long but he is brilliant, as for the other Arsenal goals were good finishes, Walcott was good and good to see Chelsea loan Benayoun score a goal good finish. I feel bad for Wolves and O'connor I like him and it looks like Wolves going down and that's too bad, even that one save by Szczesny, it was great but would have being nice for Wolves to see a goal, but ya Arsenal looking great and Wolves not, but that red card shouldn't have happened it killed Wolves chances but it should have being just a yellow
Chackosan (Arsenal) 2 years ago
It was soft, but 'it's not like Arsenal needed to be a player up' is hardly a reason. I mean, it'd be nice for neutrals if refs made calls solely on the basis of what would make a game exciting, but that's about it
Bebe (Arsenal) 2 years ago
If Arsenal had this form at the beginning of the season by now they could be waiting for their first trophy. I wish they continue like that until the beginning of next season. It is also important that they do their transfers early enough to allow time for proper integration of new players. Otherwise adding one or two players will be appropriate because the team is already good
AntiFutbol (Club Tijuana) 2 years ago
What has been up with refs lately? Penalty, yes but red card? Too harsh. Yellow would of been more suiting.

Szczesny has proved to be an essential asset between the stick. What a beautiful save.

The interplay between RVP and Walcott was magnificent, they are crystalizing into one of the most dangerous striking partnerships in Europe.
Had Arsenal have this form through out the whole season they would of battled for the title. To sad that they had a rough start. This form needs to carry over towards the next season and hopefully end the Liga-like two horse race between the Manchester sides.

Good game for Arsenal. Congrats!
He was the last defender. Automatic red. A foul that was committed during a goal-scoring opportunity. Again, automatic red.

I understand your sympathy, and you'd like to think that compassion is what compels referees, but rules are rules. You don't commit a foul there. Ever
AntiFutbol (Club Tijuana) 2 years ago
Yes but don't forget the referee has the discretion to determine if the rule will be applied in it entirety. A letter vs spirit of the law if you will. I've seen some referee's give yellows and award the penalty in the same situation, I'm sure you have too. All done with the clear intention as too not spoil the game to early

Kick4Life - changing lives through football