Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Will Oxlade-Chamberlain Do A Walcott?
DANAFC (Arsenal) 2 years ago
It may sound harsh on Walcott, but for a long time he has had no composure in front of goal and often makes bad attacking choices. So can the Ox become a star?
Redhertz (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Chambo is 18, he has a lot of time on his side to learn and become great
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Walcott was 16 and had all the hype in the world hence the title
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Chamberlain has a great future, looks good and confident in front of the net as well. I don't think he will have trouble scoring goals like Walcott has, but I could be wrong. In all fairness to Theo, he is a winger first and foremost, think Ox is as well but will have a better goal scoring ratio
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 2 years ago
How are you guy's not seeing it. Chamberlain is a fast learner. And unlike walcott who relaxed and took his time ox has worked on all aspects of his game and has improved to become imo a better player than theo.

For instance let's look at the defensive work. Theo was horrible at tracking back when he was 18. It was only till he was 21 that he developed a good relationships with the fullbacks and tracked back very well.

Chamberlain has done this in only 6 months. When he just joined he was a liability defensively. Right now his tackling players and tracking back, against Sunderland when he scored himself he made 70 yards just to get back and help. He was unlucky but if he wasn't there there was a sunderland player ready to score anyway.

My problem with theo is his consistency, chambo also has this problem but I think chambo will overcome it sooner than theo that's why I rate him higher. Chamberlain is making the same impact Rooney made when he was breaking out
Cloudst 2 years ago
Or Ronaldo for Sporting
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
There's one thing about Walcott, he's very one dimension, its always hit and run. Fakes are minimal, breaking and changing directly are often too predictably. It took him a while to vary his dribbles a bit. Oxy on the other hand from the first look at his few matches, seems to possess dribbling tricks, couple with short burst of speed. Able to venture in or out wide, and not afraid to take shots. Better chance at success in my opinion
Cloudst 2 years ago
Walcott generally started off as a striker not a winger. That is the biggest difference between the two. You could say that Walcott with his pace would have been phenomenal as a winger but it just didn't happen, he's 22 now and he hasn't really improved his overall game (apart from his defensive ability which most ppl don't want to take as a solid argument so ) Oxlade Chamberlain on the other hand is bonafide winger. He was raised at Southampton as one and he's still played there when he came here. That's the difference in general had Walcott been played as a CF from the start of his AFC career we might be seeing different results but it's almost at a point where Walcott is a failed experiment from that switch it just seems he hasn't recovered and it's shame cause he had all the potential in the world but some just can't adapt to that role and this goes to the case of Walcott. Anyways 22 is still fairly young for a footballer lets see what happens
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Agree.... 22 is still young and he still got a lot to learn.  
Davian (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Walcott needs to learn some tricks.... Ox is scary good for his age though. I feel for walcott!
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
I think its laughable that Arsenal fans are taking credit for Ox's development in the short time you have had him.

Cloudst nailed it on the head Walcott started life as a forward and in my opinion is his best position (with his youth team he socred more than 100 goals in a season) he is a much better finisher than he is a crosser (not hard). Walcott has also suffered with injuries which have stalled his form everytime he seems to come into some.

Ox is a lot stronger too which coupled with his speed makes him a dangerous winger.

I think both players will continue to develop and become England regulars and world class, if handled correctly
Zilch (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Well Said!
Beebo (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Nah.... Even though he may turn out better than walcott he won't pull off a messi.
He will be good but not worldclass. I think he is hyped up because of the poor team we have at the moment compared to the invincibles era.
By this team standards (which are sadly set by walcott on the wing) he looks good.... Otherwise he wouldnt get into the invincibles team for me.

And lastly, I do not like players who only run and dribble.... I prefer to watch fluent passing
@beebo who invited you to this discussion, who the hell was talking about messi!There is only 1 messi. And what is with this invincibles banter, get a life and get over the invincibles would you....

Its 2012 and ox is class for his age.... Poor team, please we are in the top 4 fighting as we always do....
Think b4 you say stupid s**t
@ davian.... Su idiot.... Don't reply to my posts if you are on your period
If you don't like it don't reply.... I am entitled to my own opinions and ill say whatever I want.... Don't post your opinion in reply to me
@bimbo why did you reply twice needle dick.... The question was about ox and walcott, where did the invincibles & messi come from.... I know fans like you, your nothing but a glory hunter and arsenal doesn't need s**t faced fans like you....

You talking about my period, maybe I should come over to your house and borrow your panty shield and tampoons since your period happens all year round....

Dumbass don't speak!You seem stupid, no you are....
Cloudst 2 years ago
Easy there ppl lets keep this civil
Thirteengoals (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Calm down guys come on do not fight between each other
DANAFC (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I only created this forum to hear people's views, not for this
Lampuiho (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I agree with Davian but he could have just stated the facts and let people interpret in their own ways

Kick4Life - changing lives through football