Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Why Are You Arsenal Fan?
Soundtrack76 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
It's a long time ago but I started to support Arsenal in 2004. The reason is maybe strange one: one of my birthday presents was the FIFA 04 with Henry on the cover. Before I could play I had to choose one team like in the other FIFAs. Arsenal was the team on top with 4. 5/5 stars. I thought that they are a strong team to play and they fitted perfect to my playing style. Since then I have always played with arsenal and the love to the club has grown till now.
That's my story, now I want to hear yours!
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 3 years ago
1988 living in England in a town called Weymouth, I had just started playing football for a local club and was enjoying learning the game and taking to it naturally. I started to take an interest in the games on the television and though my relations all lived in Southampton and supported them, the 2 big teams at the time were Liverpool and Arsenal. United and Chelsea weren't even a blip on the radar back then. My best friend supported Liverpool so naturally I chose Arsenal for my team but I enjoyed watching both teams for several years until I was finally sold on the gunners in 1991 when we signed Ian Wright. Watching that man play, for me it was an inspiration for many years
Ak47gunner (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I was six years old.... When I realized that all I wanted to do is to play exactly like dennis bergkamp, and after being inundated with american sports from a young age I quickly realized the flaws that american sports have. So I looked across the pond for sporting greatness, and I found that when I saw dennis sign for the gunners
Cloudst 3 years ago
Why am I an arsenal fan

I didn't really watch club football to be honest. I was always a fan of internationals (watched the 2002 and 2006 world cups with joy ^__^) but in 2007 I met my gf (ex gf now) and she loved club football so I watched with her (she was a spurs supporter ) she tried to get me to support spurs but after watching a couple of brilliant games from arsenal I decided that I would become a gooner. This goal in particular got me hooked to arsenal:

Yep ever since then I've been a gooner!

PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Henry is just cool by nature.... Everything he has ever done has been legendary.... He even made adebayor look cool when ade was sucking up to him.... Lol
Invincibles1886 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
For me I never really started watching football until I was 9 when my friend got me into it (Even though played football ever since I was 5). He supported Liverpool and his brother supported Arsenal. And although the Liverpool games that I watched with him were certainly entertaining. There was just something about Arsenal's style of play (This is Wenger period btw). Just watching Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Viera etc was a spectacle, and since i've grown to love the club
Omair7 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
My brother (Chelsea fan) got a Henry poster on our trip in London from my cousin. My brother hung the poster up and that was the first team I knew. I started watching since the Arsenal vs Villareal semifinal where Lehmann made a late penalty save, and started supporting them in the final vs Barcelona. So I have been a gooner since the start of the trophy drought, but I will always be a gooner
There was a time I could never watch a full football match. I used to just watch internationals(mainly highlites)....Used to be a lyon fan...(actualy more like a juninho fan)...Then my cousin tried to make me a united fan...That failed horribly when I saw thierry henry for the first time... He was just so cool with an incredible swagger...I just loved watching him making runs....Cause he would end up tricking two three people then score...I became an arsenal fan because henry made me watch full arsenal games and I got to watch the rest of the legends around him...Pires, viera, bergkamp, lehman the list goes on... This video may help get my point across

MarkyMaked (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I played football from a young age, but never really got into watching the game. This completely changed when I was about 14 when I started hearing about Henry and Bergkamp and the magic they Were producing.

Being from Australia watching games was hard at 14 (seeing as you have to be awake at 2:00am to watch the games) but now, I do not miss a game. Arsenal FC runs through my blood into the soul. Victoria concordia crescit!
ArsenalFC11 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
When I was young, I accidently cut myself with the scissor and I started bleeding and saw blood for the first time.... It just so happen my brother was watching arsenal match on television.... The colour of arsenal home kit matched my blood colour and being so young I was intrigued.... This is my true story.... Not lying or joking...
Dude.... Your story is by far.... The wierdest way to become a fan.... Guess being a gunner is kind of in your blood
Cloudst 3 years ago
that's an awesome way to be a fan
Good thing your brother wasn't watching ManUnited playing.
ArsenalFC11 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Haha.... Yea.... Its a weird story because I was so young and there were lots of red thingys moving in the television.... While my blood was static.... And good thing I wasnt watching manutd or else I wouldnt be interested in football...
Nkrumah (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I was born in islington the home of Arsenal some of my dad side has been arsenal fans for years  
Myself (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Well, this is my story. It was a week end, and I was 10 years old, my siblings wanted to watch cartoon network and Disney, but I decided that I was in charge since I had the remote.... I flipped to a sports channel since I loved playing footy with my friends. And magically it was the Arsenal-Spurs game at the end of the Invincible season, I watched Arsenal play and I fell in love with the team and with Henry. I had just bought a ps2 and got Fifa 2004 with it, and I loved the opening clip:

I realised that this is that same awesome player from that intro and that is the same team I always play with in Fifa 2004! I was soo happy, and the awesomest part was watching the celebrations at the end when all the players celebrated at the end of the pitch where all the arsenal fans were!

I also remeber vivdly the second goal by Pires and then after when Henry, Vieira, Pires and Bergkamp celebrated on the side, I loved all those players and ashley cole too, too bad he betrayed his fans....

But yeah, that's how I fell in love with this club and these fans! And that genious of a manager
Yassine (Arsenal) 3 years ago
This is my third season with arsenal.... All of my entourage was (and is) watching the liga. So I watched one liga season and wasn't too excited about it. I switched to EPL.... And I don't know I felt it's way more entertaining. Arsenal became easily the team I enjoyed to watch the most.

MilindNilekani (Arsenal) 3 years ago
2000.... We Lost To Galatasaray After A Magical Run All The Way To The UEFA Cup Final.... Heartbreak There Actually Showed That I Had A Certain Bond With This Club.... It has Grown Stronger Ever Since.... However Actually I Had Started Watching Arsenal Matches Since The Beginning Of That Season Only.... But Didn't Become A Addict until After THAT Match...
[account-removed] 3 years ago
I've always technically been an arsenal fan, because my entire family loves arsenal and my dad and uncle went to their games every saturday when they were young. Unfortunately, I didn't actually start watching/caring about Arsenal until the season after the Invincibles- probably the worst time to start being an Arsenal fan.

I really became a "true fan" when Arsenal began to put me through more emotional turmoil and
Up-and-downs than anything else in my life- not kidding. Apart from deaths in the family I am usually unaffected emotionally by small downturns or stressing times, but I've never felt as much joy as watching a great win with fellow fans or as much anguish as watching our team fall apart at the worst times.

I find Arsenal and football moreover addicting- I couldn't explain it to my American friend but I KNEW that the connection one feels to a football team is much stronger and much more addictive than an American Football team or Baseball team. You can't explain it, but once you really become a fan you immediately understand
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 3 years ago
That's very true mate, it's the same sort of emotion you feel from belonging to any sports team, riding the highs and lows with the people in your team around you
Indiegunner (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I found who Arsenal were when I played FIFA 2001 on my ps1 and chose Arsenal because I thought the cannon on their logo looked really cool. I began to score an obscene amount of goals with Henry and he became my favorite player instantly, but I really didn't start watching until around 2006, the champions league final. I was heart broken when they lost but I have not missed a game since
I remember having Winning Eleven 8 (Now PES) and I couldn't tell which team was which (stupid licensing). I just tried out random teams and I it was Arsenal that I was best with
Indiegunner (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I think they were called North London FC or something like that but man back with those old games you could tear it up with Henry and company

Kick4Life - changing lives through football