Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
WHO WOULD YOU KEEP, SELL AND BUY FOR THE SEASON 2012/13?
Groundup (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Not to get too far ahead but here I was reviewing our team position by position and I was looking at some gaps that may be created by vacated players and would therefore need to be filled;

Defensive/Central/Attacking Midfielders:

Arteta
Song
Ramsey
Rosicky
Wilshere
Diaby
Coquelin
Fimpong
Benayoun

At the end of the season, Benayoun would leave, Frimpong may have to go on another loan spell, Which means we would have oh bring in somebody, preferably an established CAM(Holtby, Honda). I would also ideally like Ramsey to go on loan to an EPL team, Chuks Aneke promoted or equally loaned out to an EPL team. Then bring in a young promising almost established/still-needs-grooming CAM

If Diaby does participate at some point this season and gets injured again before the season is over, Sadly, I think it will be best to part ways with him.

Forwards:

Rvp
Chamakh
Park
Afobe.

I would be excited to see what young Afobe has to show. If he does not make the bench at least, Ideally, he should also be loaned out to an EPL team.

Hopefully RVP stays!

Chamakh needs to regain his form or be sold.

Park would also need to regain his form or either be loaned to an EPL team or sold entirely.

Hopefully, JC's work permit would be sorted out by pre-season and if he impresses in pre-season games, no need to bring in another striker.

Center Backs:

Vermalen
Kosciielny
Mertesacker
Djourou
Squillaci
(Miguel)

Obviously, Squids needs to be sold. I still have a little faith in DJ as he has shown what he is capable off. If he does not show it again sooner, its time to say bye bye

Another CB would be ideal.

Wingers:

Gervinho
Walcott
Oxlade Chamberlain.

We should definitely need some additions in this area since Benny would be leaving and Arshavin looks set for a permanent move. Preferably a versatile winger but a right winger should do. If not we can make gibbs play up there then bring in another LB.

Full Backs:

Gibbs
Santos
Sagna
Jenkinson.
(Miguel)

No additions necessary here. I would even prefer we promote from within if we need re enforcements in this area. And for that matter, this goes for all positions provided its a trusted option.

Goal Keepers:

Chesny

Yeah, another CB is definitely an order!

Very Long I know but I would like to read your thoughts, concerns, criticisms, comments etc
Ghanaboy95 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Out:

Almunia (No comment and his contract expires in the summer anyway)
Fabianski (Needs first team football to cut out his mistakes and nervousness when he plays.)
Mannone (At a age where he needs to be a no. 1 keeper and never going to be that at arsenal.)
Squillaci (-_____-)
Diaby (Great player but never fit. He is taking our wages but is never playing so whats the point in keeping him. Need those wages to boost RVPs wages and wages that will be for new signings.)
Arshavin (Fantastic player but will never play in his natural position for us so its only for his benefit that he goes back to Zenit)
Denilson (Never developed into the player we thought he would be and is not needed anymore with Frimpong and Coquelin)
Bendtner (The worlds greatest striker needs to leave us and go play for Barca or Madrid )
Chamakh (doesn't like being understudy to RVP and doesn't look like he's enjoying playing for us anymore also, will get off our wage bill)
Park (Looks like Arsene doesn't trust him and I feel sorry for his career at arsenal. I think he is the next Amaury Bischoff)

In:
Suarez (NOT liverpools ONE ! I'm ghanian that's the last player I would want at arsenal. Apparently he is a done deal but still I would like him here anyway)
Podolski (Has a killer left foot like another Dutchman at arsenal. What I like about him is he is direct so he will give us something different instead of all the ball players we have at arsenal. Also he is versatile ad hopefully he will bring a winning mentality from the Euros.)
Also a experienced european keeper

Everywhere else will be determined by the beginning of our pre season games.

*Maybe another CM and another winger. Benyaoun aswell if we can get him for free.

Edit: I forgot about Vela, yeah he has to go in order to free up wages and he is not suited to the english game. And I was looking at Holtby's traits on whoscored.com and he looks like another box-to-box midfielder which means we won't miss diaby and aneke won't be rushed. Great signing (if its done) and would like him
Graham (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Please not benayoun.... He's awfull!
Ladiezman (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Graham nah man Benayoun is class. He's actually better than Rosicky atm
Cloudst 2 years ago
Experienced keeper is a must IMO maybe Demeiral?
Ter Stegen
Cloudst 2 years ago
Ter Stegan is to young we got Tex bro I really want al Habsi or Hennesey
Hennesey would be beast D:
I think Hennesey should go to Newcastle if Spurs get Krul    @Graham Benny is a good player and its not like he's gonna' play every game
Cloudst 2 years ago
Adler for free in the summer, my work here is done
Hill (Arsenal) 2 years ago
What would we do with SZCZ if we get another, experienced GK? Surely one would be left out all too often? And it just wouldn't be right by SZCZ if we were to bench him after his breakout season
Cloudst 2 years ago
He's young though and Adler can teach him a lot, I just feel that fabianski and mannone leaving is gonna' make Tex to relaxed cause Martinez isn't ready yet neither is Shea. I think the experience and distribution Adler will be a massive difference and also provide a competitive environment. Besides if Doni can play 2nd fiddle to Reina it can be the same for those two as well
I do agree with you, but I just don't think it would be right to be honest. Maybe if we brought in a GK who is nearing retirement who can teach Tex some things, then I would agree. SZCZ bleeds Arsenal. I'm a romantic when it comes to this sort of thing haha
Cloudst 2 years ago
Haha I understand maybe Schwazer for fulham could be an option or Robinson from blackburn then
Schwarzer would be awesome. That is a signing as a keeper I would love.

However, the more I think about it, the more I believe signing another top young GK would help push Tex. Tex has the capability to be an all world keeper. He has excellent reactions, and he is brave. So you're right, perhaps someone pushing him for a starting spot would make him be all like "awww hell nah." haha
Cloudst 2 years ago
Then Adler it is. It's not like it's costing money and he's been world class for years now Adler has
Yes he has. I wanted him 2 years ago when we where stuck with Almunia haha. Ahh, how I love having a problem of figuring out a backup/experience keeper or Tex. Good problem to have
Adler is leaving Bayer at the end season result !
ThatDamnPerson (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Why has only one person mentioned holtby. We already kinda signed him, but he's incredible I would rather have him than podolski
Cloudst 2 years ago
He's free transfer lol and yes apparently we have signed him
Cloudst can I have a breif scouting report on him
Cloudst 2 years ago
Holtby is a player that likes to pull the strings in midfield. Not really a prolific goal scorer but he's a great play maker with great vision. He's usually more quiet in terms of ability but his skills are more based on the fact he can unlock a defence in an instant. For example Schalke roam around the ball and once it falls to him he'll do his thing. That's basically Holtby in a nutshell
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Arsenal should buy Hoilett, Sessegnon and Steven Fletcher
DANAFC (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Don't forget adebayo akinfenwa
Yasco (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
It's a lil difficult to see who we should add or take off in a team which works well. Surely, we got to replace those who could leave this summer (Kaka, ronaldo, higuain, albiol, khedira), those of which the loans should be definitive(pedro leon, canales, gago, drenthe). So, neymar, borja valero, RVP, Torres, and a right back younger too forceful can join the club
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Ronaldo leaving Madrid?
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Out: Arsenal Boards and Owner they are not here for football but business. Secondly players: Chamakh, Vela, Arshavin, Diaby, Denilson, Djourou, Squilliam, Mannone, Bendtner, park.
In: Hummel, Baines, Sturridge, Lucas(sao paolo)
Rudd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
For Manchester United....    OUT:Evans, Scholes, Giggs, Berbatov!  IN:Sjnieder, Besquets, Ba!
Gooner10114 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
If busquets was in the the premier league.... I'd consider not watching. He's too much of a baby for Fergie's midfield anyway
Ahmadillomon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Was really damn stoked to see schweinsteiger in your team. Le sigh
Rudd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@gooner10114 have you seen besquets play?
Out:
Malouda
Kalou
Bosingwa
Torres- he does not fit the chelsea style of play and will be better off going back to Athlectico Madrid.
Mikel
Sturridge- great player but I don't like his attitude with AVB's decision to play on the right mid. If sold he will most likely come back and haunt Chelsea but I will take the chance. He will not start over RVP at Arsenal and will probably play on the right mid as at Chelsea. He could be a long tern replacement for RVP if he goes there.
Keep Drogba for another year if Torres is sold.

In:
Hazard.
Hulk- I will prefer having Hulk on the right side than sturridge. So sturridge's fund can go into bringing Hulk in.
Striker- anyone that is similar to Augero, Suarez, and Tevez.
Van der Weil
Alexinho (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Hulk? Why not as well Messi and Ronaldo when we first are on it?
I don't get it. Is Hulk too unrealistic or something?
Alexinho (AC Milan) 2 years ago
He is costly. Porto set a asking price at 100m£ when Chelsea asked for his price. Porto is also in a strong financial position and doesn't really need money, but the player is their most important man so it will certainly require some spending.

I see now that you meant for chelsea and then I guess it is possible but still, don't except him to be cheaper than Torres at least. Buying him would make it hard to buy any other players as well, even for Chelsea
I do understand that Hulk's release clause is more than how much Madrid bought Ronaldo but I am sure that Porto is a reasonable club and will let Hulk go at a lower price.
Pretending that I am the manager, I will let go of Torres and Sturridge to fund Hulk. I am a big fan of Hulk and not a fan of Sturridge and Torres. Knowing Wrenger, it is possible for him to sell Van Persie to Madrid for a high price and buy Sturridge to replace him. These two will be around minimum of 45m.

Of course I will have to agree with you that if Chelsea go for Hulk, they won't be able to bring in a needed striker, right back, and attacking mid.
It will be wiser financially to get Faclao in and Torres (plus $ if have to) out and bring in Hazard. A starting right back is not needed as long as Ivanovic is fit
Error:
I think chelsea will get hazard, as for hulk I can see it happening but he will have to come out and say he wants to leave then you'## probably get him for £30m+. I still think Sturridge will stay at chelsea cos we've already got two young strikers and I think Van Persie will stay but if he doesn't Sturridge could happen. Also Sturridge will get his chance at CF when chelsea sign a winger or two and when drogba likely leaves. Chelsea desperately need a RB and chelseas transfers also depend on who goes
Adebayor should be the perfect replacement for Drogba. City will probably take 15m for him
I'm worried that the players we want will go to recently more successful clubs (eg lukaku), but who needs them when we have ryo, ox and frimpong?
Kidding
Ideally, if it was up to me, and if it was that easy to get rid of players, this is my out list for this coming window:

Denilson(sorry mate)
Diaby(love the guy to the max he's fucken talented but we all know how often he plays. Again, sorry)
Almunia
Squillaci(because miquel and co are ready to be 5th choice)
Arshavin(done alot for arsenal but I think it's time. AW isn't playing him either. Ryo will probably be ready for second choice LF)
Gibbs(great player, just hasnt improved enough and always injured too)

Keep rosicky for one more season.
IN:

A creative midfielder: MM?
A wide forward: podolski, holtby? ,
A CF: sturridge is nice but wouldnt he be too costly?
A LB

Or a CF who can play WF. Or a CM who can play WF
CF: campbell and afobe and if rvp stays, better.  
Dougie27 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Don't have a clue why you would want Gibbs out
This is of course ideally. I know its hard to get rid of players so minus that factor. Plus, he's not realy on the top f the get rid list.

There are two reasons.

1) he's always injured. I know RVP used to be always injured too and we were patient with him but when RVP wasnt injured he always played really well. That brings me to my second point.
2) I don't see gibbs as a good LB. And he doesn't look like he's improving. In fact, although you can argue the same for theo, I rate theo higher in his own game than gibbs. Maybe he's been played out of position, maybe he'll do better at LW. But at the moment, I don't rate him too highly at LB at all
Its pretty obvious now we need some new blood in the squad. I can see some of our current crop staying for a while as they are still good players, but we need a few faces to push the club forward. Here are my new faces and why.
Samba (blackburn). Solid, quick for his size and wants to play for us. A good footballer and could be a captain.
Toure (man city) should never have sold him. Loves the club and is now out of favour at city. So should be cheap. His footballing mind and experience could be key
Baines (everton). International player, sweet left boot and tough. Needs to play on a higher level and is a good freekick taker.
Jesus navas (sevilla). We need an out and out winger. A great crosser and speed merchant. Would give us alot of width.
Moussa sissoko (toulouse). Young, tough tackling midfielder. Very much like essien at chelsea. We could make him into the next big thing in that position.
M'via (rennes). Another essien type but is more defensive. Between sissoko, m'via and song we should never be out battled!
Eden hazard (lille). One of the most talented youngsters on the planet. Could be our next pires. Goals and chances a plenty but would need a bit of muscle behind him.
Adam johnson (man city). More freekick power, more crosses and more width. Under-ratted by city he could change our fortunes in a flash.
Danny sturridge (chelsea). Fast, direct and determind. Could be a wrighty type. Has goals and a winners attitude!
Lacina traore (kuban). Wenger likes him. A skillfull, 6'8 striker would add a new dimension to our play. Especially if we had wingers. Good at holding up the ball. Think peter crouch
Jordan AYEW (marseille). Another in the wrighty type. We play near 60 games so we need cover. Young, exciting and has euro experience.
Leandro damiao (internacional). Young brazilian with a bit of henry about him. Big, strong and quick. Would be an excellent signing as we didn't get lukaku. Has a very good goals to game ratio!
That can be a deadly team...
Right! We all like to have our say on this website. So lets do it proper!  Who would you replace? Why? And who would you replace them with?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football