Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Season Was Your First As An Arsenal Fan?
Dougie27 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I saw some chatting recently in the forum about when we all individually became Arsenal fans. Being one of the younger users on this site, I became a die hard fan in 2007. We were scary good that year until we had a collapse at the end of the season that has shown up regularely now since. I remember the first Arsenal match I watched in fact, 1-1 against Liverpool with Cesc scoring late. I'll always remember that goal and the celebration when he ran into the stands. So when did you become a fan?
[account-removed] 2 years ago
My first season was 2003/2004 and I never regret my decision. Even though my cousin (Man UTD fan) convince me to like Manure I was so attracted by how Arsenal play and my cousin and I become rival. Lol
That's a good season to start out on lol!
Graham (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I'm from the south coast and was brought up as a pompey fan (a club I have always kept close to my heart). My family is from london so I always kinda looked north for my football. I had been watching the arsenal more and more over a couple years. We werent doing all that well but I loved the club, the shirts, the air of almost royalty around everything the club stood for. And I decided not to change my team but just to choose it for myself. And that was the start of the 1988/89 season.
Well its safe to say my first season as a gooner was an eventful one. Lol
Best ending of all time
Ahmadillomon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Anfield?
Anfield?
Graham (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Oh yes.... Anfield! The greatest ending to any top flight league campaign!
I loved watching arsenal since the invincibles. But back then we didn't have cable television at home so I couldn't watch games.

I only became a fan in 2008 when I started watching games at a coffeeshop nearby
Redhertz (Arsenal) 2 years ago
2007/2008 season is when I regularly followed Arsenal before that it was pretty sporadic. It was the year before I moved to London so I stuck to my guns and became obsessed haha!
CatGooner (Arsenal) 2 years ago
08/09 I really got into watching Arsenal. I remember when Wilshere played for the first time in the Arsenal first team and he was like 16. The match I remember the most from that season was when RVP scored 2 against Chelsea to win the match. Arsenal truly is the most exciting (and possibly frustrating) team to watch
Ticharito (Arsenal) 2 years ago
@Douglie27 I also started watching Arsenal in the 07/08 season My favorite game was the 3-2 comeback at the reebok and my worst was the contoversial 4-2 lose to Liverpool in the champions league
That game against Bolton is classic! Yeah, the 4-2 was insane. Hleb was brought down in the first leg in the exact same way and the ref waved it off. Toure does the same to Babel and it's a penalty, we go out. Very frustrating
Ticharito (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Please don't remind me!
Davian (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I was a fan of arsenal fc since 1995!
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Since I was a little boy at school. My dad tried to get me to wear a West Ham shirt but I was having none of it since most of my mates were Arsenal fans too. I have a picture of the 1994 squad somewhere but I was only 6 then. I really got into it around 96/97 as I got older and particularly as Wenger changed the way we played football over the following years. I've lived through the Arsenal revolution and I'm stuck a Gooner for life haha!
Davian (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Deffyduck love the bergkamp pic....
Note it was when bergkamp arrived at arsenal fc that I became a fan....
Bergkamp the bosssss!
AFC11 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Fan since 2008.... So I can't be called a glory hunter of any sort. Stick with them through the rough, just makes victory that much sweeter. REally regret not getting to see the other greats before Robin van Persie.
Same, the legends that I can remember are RVP and Gilberto
Handsofstone (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Dude gilberto is no legend.... Rvp yes gilberto good but not great as some of those who played before 2007
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Been a fan since jan 2008 if I'm right, arsenal were hanging in first until that unfortunate thing happened to eduardo and suddenly dropped place

And the like of cesc, rvp, and legend Henry made me an arsenal fan
Handsofstone (Arsenal) 2 years ago
1990 the year I was born.... Gooner red runs in the family blood and always has, but I remember my first game I saw I think in 1994/1995 season with bergs coming in.... What a goal he scored against southampton and highbury was not a library that day.... I'll never forget that moment

Kick4Life - changing lives through football