Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Stan Kroenke Ready To Takeover Arsenal Football Club
Cloudst 3 years ago
It was a long time coming but I want to get my fellow gooners opinion on this takeover:

Link: soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/905446/stan-...

Props to rvp411 for this:

Link: www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/documents/apr_11/gun...
Fabby (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I don't mind, he knows he's stuff unlike that other guy
Mugiwara (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I don't mind as long as our club is in right hand!
JunkenMaster (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I think the club is in the right hands. I like Kroenke better than Usmanov. I hope Kroenke turns out to be something like Karl Henry is turning out for liverpool. Liverpool seem to be heading in a forward direction. I would like it if Kroenke didn't interfere directly in transfers like Abramovich does at Chelsea and he better pick a very good successor for Wenger. I don't think Wenger will extend his contract
Gonners (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Well kroenke is also a team owner in the states so he got experience usmanov seems to be a cash type of guy so for me kroenke seems to be better
Wiskid (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Kroenke owns a few teams in the states at least 4 that I can think of all in the Denver area and some down south
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I think I would rather be owned by a Russian instead of a Yank. American owners have a bad record in EPL (Manu/Liverpool)
Cloudst 3 years ago
But the red socks guy is doing pretty good at liverpool
Suzagooner (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I don`t think that we can compare Kroenke to the `Yanks` that owned Liverpool or the Glaziers. Personally I believe that Silent Stan will be good for Arsenal. Danny Fiszman (RIP) loved Arsenal and I am certain that he would never have sold his shares to some one that he didn`t have faith in
Ak47gunner (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Haha "yanks"+ arsenal= trophies.... Cause the status quo operation of the last 6 years isn't working.... Were getting close but, not close enough
Hill (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I posted this in the chat, but here goes again:

Here is a great article, for all those interested, on Stan Kroenke. Written by The Swiss Ramble it details absolutely everything you may want to know about the guy-finances, type of owner he is, will he spend money, retaining board members, etc. I encourage everyone to take a look at it so we are all informed.

Link: swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/03/is-stan-man-for-a...

Also, I'm from Denver, Colorado (where all these teams he owns are based-except the Rams) and have seen and read a lot of local news about him. I haven't heard a negative thing about the guy.

I see this as a good thing. The Rapids won the MLS cup through shrewd signings and great coaching. The Rams are on their way up through shrewd signings and drafting of young talent that IS becoming amazing very quickly. When he owned the Nuggets he had no qualms about spending money to get well known players to come play for him-but it is always within his financial means. I expect it will be much the same at Arsenal. Kroenke is a great owner. He'll just let the team putt along as it normally does, but hopefully spend more money. Not all American owners are like 'Pools
Gunning4Glory (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Read the article, was very useful. Thanks Hill, some votes coming your way
Suzagooner (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Good, good, good. I have been reading a lot of articles about Mr Kroenke and it all appears positive. If he`s good enough for Wenger and for Ian Wright-Wright-Wright.... Then he`s good enough for me. Not to forget, Danny Fiszman would never have sold out to some one he didn`t trust. He loved Arsenal to much
Gunning4Glory (Arsenal) 3 years ago
It's great to have so many loyal club men in the back rooms. If they all think Kroenke is good for the club then I trust their judgement.

RIP Fiszman
Nkrumah (Arsenal) 3 years ago

Kick4Life - changing lives through football