Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester City V Arsenal, Sep 23
Jjbai (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Gervinho could be such a legendary player if he learns to finish properly. Reminds me of walcott a few seasons back
MattsKitchen (West Ham United) 1 year ago
I agree, even shots on goal would be nice
ChadForArsenal (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I'm not liking gervinho. He is a good player, but we shouldn't rely on him due to his inconsistency with finishing. I don't know if he's ready to tally 20+ goals in a season (which every club needs at least 1 of those players to contend for the league trophy, and trophies abroad, amongst other things as well of course). We will see.... He can convince me by at least putting a string of goals together in a couple or a few consecutive matches and I will believe in him
Cloudst 1 year ago
Merts was a beast today, CJ is showing why he's gonna' an incredible RB for us, and Ramsey is back
Pardes5 (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Excellent Arsenal performance. Santi Cazorla looks business dominated the midfield. Gervinho should score couple of goals. City were all over the place. Arsenal should win this game
Snitch (Manchester City) 1 year ago
81min joe hart first good save and arsenal should have won the game? Give me a break
11arsenal10 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Yes we played alot better and dominated
Rooneycan (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I agree with you 11arsenal10, but like snitch said you guys didn`t create chances like you should`ve been
Gabaire (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Noo you mean Gerv should have finished the chances we made and we sould not have allowed such a soft goal(btw pods was wasn't paying attention instead we was busy picking his nose lol)

In the end it was a good game
MaximOrlov (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Arsenal outplayed City all over the pitch, City were very lucky to get away with a draw. Well done Arsenal. Btw Koscielny can be hero and a villain instantly lol Glad you guys held on.
Gervinho could have finished that game so many times, I guess his touch just let him down today
Cloudst 1 year ago
Yeah he lost his composure on that one clearance but overall he's a great defender Koscienly. Gervinho did great in creating spaces though for his standards he had a decent game but his finishing was very horrible. Needs to work on that part of his game
Sebs29 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I am not going to lie disappointed we didn't win, we should've won off Gervinho's chances alone.... But a point is a point
M0h1t (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Gervinho cud become a player like henry if he improves his finishing and first touch. Overall I would say a point won not 2 dropped. Agreed arsenal cud hav won it if gervinho would have showed better finishing but you need to remember that not many teams come to etihad stadium and take something with them. A good result but a bigger test waits ahead. They win tht and they can be considered a real deal or else, well, not much. Still COYG!
Paulsito (Arsenal) 1 year ago
This team is special.    Some of the play in the first half was the best I have seen from any team all season. It was a joy to watch.
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Even after selling year by year their best players, Arsenal have'nt lost their good football skills, and it's all due to Arsene Wenger.
Arsenal were the better side in the game and deserved the 3 points.
As for Man city, well.... Since the EPl started I have'nt been a bit impressed by them.
David Silva does not look like the same player that he was last year.
Yaya Toure at the moment is Man City's best player, and next time Kompany opens his loud mouth declaring that his team can win as many trophies as Barca and Real, should get his brain checked.
Man City will never win anything this season if they keep playing this poor.
Anyways.... This could be Arsenal's year, cos Chelsea have been lucky in games and have not played well even though they won almost all games, same goes for Man UTD and Man City, Arsenal is the only one that looks pretty strong and could take the EPL this season.

Rubym (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Its too early. Two years ago we had great season until December but than we screwed up. However, Man UTD and Man city don't look that good this season. Chelsea as you said is getting lucky wins
Arsenal4great (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Nice performance by the boys. Though quite disappointed with Gervinho missed chances but it was a good performance to show that Arsenal mean business this season.
When will Giroud ever start scoring. I like your stature, work rate and personalities, please don't be another Chamakh or Park for us. I believe in you and I am sure you will deliver. Please make it sooner than later
Rubym (Arsenal) 1 year ago
How can you say anything about Park? Wenger didn't give him proper chances yet. I think he is at least better than Chamakh. And its only five games yet and Giroud need some time to settle. Besides, he hasn't played all five games. So its really to say anything about him. Yeah but Gervinho as much I like him, he didn't score today.... HAHA. No problem I will be happy with a point
Dragoon (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Here are some random thoughts that I have. I'll scribble it down on this plain piece of paper.

Walcott sux. Couldn't even cross properly. Should be should ASAP.

It was a fair game. Manchester City had MORE straightforward chances. They should've even had 1 penalty before half time(kols tackle). Hence I'm very happy with a point

Gervinho is starting to look more like Arjen Robben which is a bad thing. Arjen Robben: Good at dribbling but selfish and a bad finisher.

Other than his finishing capability, Giroud is a great player. Very physically strong player and great movement.

If anything Mancity deserved to win more than us, so I'm very very happy with 1 point . No we did not play better than them
Gabaire (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Gervinho missed golden chances and kos made a strong tackle not a penalty.... We were the better side by far the first half and the sceound it was more even however we still had more ball possession
Imo we deserved at least a point if not all 3
Cloudst 1 year ago
Dragoon watch the full match cause MOTD carried all of Man citeh's highlights. Man city were completely out played in the first half and were lucky to get a goal. Just look up the first half and you'll see. Like Gabaire said 2nd half was way more even both teams got chances but my goodness we came back and we basically had lots of chances but our finishing let us down. We deserved to win this game not the other way around but we'll take the point it was a hard fought point too
Dannymorales21 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Dragoon an arsenal faN? Did you watch the game you scrub. Annoying as hell when our own fans don't knw our game
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I know Gervinhos very fast but pretty bad finisher, why did wenger play him upfront and podolski wider? Oxlade should have Started instead of Ramsey.

Arsenal I've said before and still say I think they can win the league with this team 'cause there passing game is really good. Jenkinson looks pretty good too and Cazorla is probably the best buy this season in the premier league.

I can't wait to see Yaya Toure facing Fellaini and the physical side to the match between them 2 players
Cloudst 1 year ago
Ramsey was one of our best players on the pitch today. The team selection was good but our finishing let us down like I said. All the chances came to Gervinho he just didn't take the chances.

Gervinho played as a false 9 so he wasn't always up front he went wide took players out of there position so it was good performance from him but his finishing needs improvement. That's about it cause from our side we were unbelievable almost a perfect performance the only downside was the finishing so yeah that's my take. (in short)
Nutcracker (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Because Gervihno has been scoring lately
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I know he has been scoring but to be honest not exactly really hard to miss some of them lol.

Ramsey did have a good game I just think what he does Arteta and Diaby do better so why not start with the ox but maybe wenger just wanted to play it safer and was happy with a point away.

Koscielnys looking like a beast of a player compared to the guy who started off last season so poorly and I gotta' admit I thought he wouldn't last but he has certainly stepped up
Bjarni10 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
If Arsenal keep this up, they might just end that trophy drought. They were the MUCH better side in the game, even tough they didn't test Hart until late on, they were the better team on the pitch.

Terrific game really enjoyed it
Tomcat (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Honestly I don't think Giroud is playing all that badly, hasn't had many great chances besides the one versus Sunderland. Gervinho has been good other than today, but it has to be a tough decision for Wenger to make game by game. Podolski looks ideal on the left, wasn't his best performance today but he should certainly stay there for a while more
Aarongooding (Bayern München) 1 year ago
Plyamaker version of Podolski plays Left  Scorer Podolski on Right.... Is what I think  
Wildman17 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Respect to arsene wenger, he's a football genius!
Arsenish (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Gervinho why you no socre? Good point though, Ramsey looked fine and Diaby needs to release the ball faster

Kick4Life - changing lives through football