Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester City V Arsenal, Dec 18
Stawrogin 2 years ago
Weak game by both teams, average at most.compared to their earlier performances in the season, I don't see where all your peoples compliments on the match are coming from.

Maybe it's just that I watched some more exciting game minutes earlier in the day, like 20min of barcelonas game against santos. Yes, it was barcelonas game.

Two facts taken from this game:

At the moment I think silva is kind of overrated.

Aguero is s**t. Can't complete half of the passes. Loses the ball all the time. But is a hell of a pusher, fighter. Nontheless one of the most overrated players in this team.

Hate to see city win. But glad immature arsenal fans are finaly gonna' stfu. I believe a tie would've been fair though, since arsenal did work out some (few) considerable chances.

One man dominated the final result: JOE HART. Why isn't he mentioned? I imagine it has become normal to see him hold every ball, but this man is just phenomenal from match to match and he is responsible for city winning.

Did anyone watch this game actually?

Oh, and RVP should score in every game, bc he's one bad ass motherfucker!

Nutcracker (Arsenal) 2 years ago
You sir are blind
Blueheart (Manchester City) 2 years ago
He prefers a 1 team dominating goal fest game
Mumbleinriddles (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Your comments are just so bias. Weak? Far from weak.
Maybe you just enjoy watching Barcelona's game. But overall I felt this is totally an English football game. Exciting end to end.
Silva overrated? Tell that to torress who is still struggling now in chelsea. I felt silva adapted well to the PL, considering his small. He plays pretty good football.
Aguero is a little selfish at times, but sh*t? Your comment is sh*t, not aguero.
One man dominated, that is Joe Hart? Are you saying Sczesny wasn't part of the game? Without him, city would have scored more.

And to finally show your stupidity, RVP should score just because he's one bad a** motherf*cker. Lol. You're hilarious. If so, I think Mario is more of a bad a** motherf*er. He should have had a hat-trick then
Scs33 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Mario is a badass mafucker
Persebaya (Persebaya Surabaya) 2 years ago
Stupid ass comments that takes too much space here.... GTFO

Oh.... And he says "immature Arsenal gonna' stfu"?
This immature Arsenal team will rape your stupid ass Sarajevo team over and over til you can't talk, just so you know
Pardes5 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
What a stupid person this is with stupid comment
Partoba (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I bet he ain't know nothing about football. LOL
Stawrogin 2 years ago
Here's what I meant by calling it a weak match:
Both teams weren't on their highest level, instead they were at their qualitative average skill/creativity/pace-level.

No, sir, I do not perfer a one team dominating goal fest game, but rather both teams going for their maximum till the last second in a greek-tragedy-like turning points, with missed opporturnities and wounderfully intense game developement. And if you try and think back when the last game was, where it had you on the edge of you seat, that's whan a good game is on.

But to be honest, an important part which ads to the original flavour of football is:

Scoring goals.

No matter how much you analying it in the detail, and I don't mean to underestimate and underrate the infinite quality of constant duels in the centre, or the back and forward type of play, BUT, still the very essence of a good game are scored goals. I might remember a hand full of games which where close to interessting finishing 0-0. A game without goals can hold it's excitement and thrill up to a certain amount of minutes, but at some point, the intensitiy and tension drops. Without goals. Motion pictures work the same way: building up content, unloading. Same thing over and over, this is how most movies are structured. The unloading is an important piece in the process of exciting continuity. Besides I called the game weak to average at moste due to the fact that both teams weren't in their best form all in all. Never for it's lack of scored goals.

I'm not a barcelona fan at all.

Why do people reply befor reading thoroughly? I wrote that silva is overrated AT THE moment. At least he didn't show any of his credited brilliance in the past 5 games, except for one or three realized chances, which were more or less lucky. People get hyped up quickly and once they're in everybodies mind, it's hard to critisize them, yet it's even harder to see real quality I belive. By that I don't mean to deny any of silva, I'm just saying he's overrated at the moment.

Dude, if you didn't notice joe hart being responisble for man city not falling behind by 2 to 3 goals, than you must be suffering from lobotomy.

Scezny was good.

@perseballs
You are the same guy who called that richards situation a handball.... Nuff said. How can you dum(be)f**k even relate to my team, you've probably never even been to sarajevo and never will, while i've seen both, seattle and indonesia and can tell you straight out that you know jack about football. But let's not talk about people in general, eh?

Aaah, so many love from arsenal fans.

Yeah, LOL. Man, I think people who use that acronym are less than 17 years old. Are you?
Idiot.

Haha, I've been to all of Western Europe, but sorry, I have no reason to go to Bosnia 'cause there ain't s**t there!

I've been watching football since 90 WC in Italy, every season of EPL, Serie A, La Liga, all WC and Euro Cup until now. Where a person lived in the past and now does NOT have anything to do with one's knowledge about football.... Do you know that internatonal satellite TV has been around since 80s around the world? Maybe not in Bosnia eh?

You must be either blind or ignorant not to read the rest of my comment about Micah Richard's handball.... I said City still deserved TO WIN because overall they played better.... Dig?

Oh, and I'm not even an Arsenal fan! I just can't stand people making stupid comments that takes too much space here

I rather see an intense breathtaking football game that ends 0-0 rather than games like the Netherlands raping San Marino 14-0.... But if goal or scoring is what you're looking for, go watch basketball or volleyball instead!
Stawrogin 2 years ago
Damn, you're stupid as s**t. You didn't get any of my points. Nice work following all along.    Get a life.
I get your point alrite.... This is a weak game, silva is overrated, aguero is s**t, arsenal is immature, the essence of good football game is scored goals (which means that you think a 14-0 game is what makes a football game good)

Do you ever wonder why no one likes your long ass stupid post, and why 6 people who reply here call your comment stupid, that you are blind and that you don't know s**t about football? That's because your comments ARE stupid, and that you don't know s**t about football. End of
Stawrogin 2 years ago
Wtf, dude you must be seriously braindead, if you can not connect my statements about silve being overrated at the moment and that arsenal FANS act immature on this internet platform, and that I don't think a 14-0 game is better BUT, that football as a game is based on scoring goals. That's the very first object of the deal. You are one stubborn, dumb motherfucker.

And no, I don't wonder bc I don't care and I'm not here to get likes or anything but interact and by that I mean not to take any misplaced sense of comradeship with random people on the internet whatsoever.

A majority must always be right? Good luck in life with this attitude
SomeVAguy (Arsenal) 2 years ago
We understand what you are saying. We still believe that your original post is dumb. THAT is our opinion, and you have yours. It just happens to be that the vast majority of people agree with ideas that contradict your own. Don't get all crabby because we disagree with your ideas...
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Very very entertaining, this is what english premier league is all about
AeslehcFC (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Great game to both sides. However the winner here is obviously ManC. World class play today. Hope to see a game like this when we go to the Etihad. In the time drop some points please.... Lol jk
Palandiell (Bayern München) 2 years ago
A great entertaining game, only thing missing were more goals! I was slightly dissappointed with arsenals finishing. Very inaccurate and way to direct on hart. Made it easy for him. Sczesny had to pull off a few great saves and arsenal were quite lucky from time to time. But I thnk sczesny is a better keeper than hart. Hart is good, no doubt, but he isn't really a world class keeper
ClassicMovies (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Great game. Only team currently doesnot deserve in Top 4 is Manu. Just want to see Manu vs Chelsea, Manu or Liverpool or Manu Or Spurs or Manu vs Arsenal now. Manu meet these teams when their motivation is very down
You can talk all you want about MU don't deserve to be in top 4, but in reality they ARE in top 4.
Wake up from your dream and face reality son...
Troubletonight (Arsenal) 2 years ago
ClassicMovies, Manu are consistent in the EPL, so you've got to give credit to them, but they are in a completely different class to Real Madrid and Barcelona who are way better than any other Premier League team. Hopefully, with a bit of luck Arsenal can avoid these two teams in the Champions League lol
Marcossenna (Villarreal) 2 years ago
Beware: Bitterness reeks in the comments section
Silentheat (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Proud to be a gunner.... Arsenal played really well.... Stop voting rubbish for both.... Good game from both side but city edged it.... Our finishing his totally waste.... Sure we are ready for top 4.... Our two full backs will coming & jack wil also coming in feb.... Only minus point his ramsey.... He want to be more clincal & his passing not good.... Hope he will improve...
Mumbleinriddles (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Sounds more like a proper comment. Appreciate this much
Both teams playes great indeed!
Those who vote lucky or rubbish on both teams are nothing but brainless people who don't know s**t about football
Stevoman (Stevenage Borough) 2 years ago
Should have really been a draw, but when Jack comes back, we'll be back on the attack!  Oh yeah and stevenage won which is always good
Mharis (Barcelona) 2 years ago
BEST EPL match of the season.  End to end stuff right from the beginning to the dying end of the game.
DiSagnia (Chelsea) 2 years ago
It was a great game to watch undoubtedly! Both team were great but how people voted City as being lucky just baffles me! Sure Arsenal could've gone out of the game with a draw but surely Arsenal fans will recognize that City were unlucky not to put more goals in the back of the net!

All in all, great entertainment!
Sanandasaps (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Good result for city. Getting results in game like this determines who winner
I think that Man City is lucky that Arsenal was not given penalty for Micah Richard's handball....
Nonetheless, I won't vote Man City as "lucky" for this, because overall they did play better, thus deserve the win!
What a game it was. I really enjoyed it. But I don't understand why people say lucky to City. In my openion the match should finish 1-1 but I can not say City were lucky because they played excellent and so Arsenal. The first big EPL match I saw was full of attacks.
Hart, Aguero, Kompany, Zabaleta and Silva were magnificent from City
V. Persie, Arteta, Szczesny and Vermalean were excellent from Arsenal.
Overall as an Arsenal fan I am not happy to lose but if I was a city fan then I would be prould to win a game like this.
Yeah, I completely agree with you. Hart is annoying.... He's too good! Easily the best goalkeeper in the Premier League at the moment. Kind of reminds me of Van Der Sar and Peter Cech in their glory days
Insanee (Arsenal) 2 years ago
City were lucky in those couple of decisions which could have gone the other way and won us the match, regardless of each teams performance. That's not to say both teams didn't play awesome
HongKongBluey (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Manchester City lucky? You could say Arsenal were lucky when Zaba hit the post? Keeper was 100% beaten. Or how about when Nasri misplaced a pass that would have lead to a certain goal?

I say both teams were awesome. City had the clearer goal scoring opportunities and took one of them. If Aguero was more clinical it would have been more.

Bitter...
If zabaleta hits the post it counts off target. But what when clear hand ball turned down? When Richard cleary handed the ball in the box
I do not say City were lucky but if I hear some say Arsenal were lucky then I will say they are talking rubbish

It was game of the season and end to end game. Just count it like this
You guys won fair and square. Man City are the team to beat this season - they only lost one game to Chelsea with a referee biased towards Chelsea, they almost qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League despite having 10 points in a difficult group, and they are consistent with their goal scoring.

I predict the top 4 in the Premier League are going to be Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea - the same as last year but in a different order.

Liverpool can dream on with that complete waste of space and money, Andy Carroll. If I were the owner of Liverpool and my manager bought Carroll for 35 million, I would fire the manager immediately. Suarez is good nonetheless, but he is a horrible person.

Tottenham won't make it and Bale is probably going to change clubs - his potential is too good for Tottenham
Insanee (Arsenal) 2 years ago
That's not unlucky, that's City's fault for not being good enough to score on those opportunities. Decisions out of Arsenal's control could and probably should have ended the match at a different score line
Iamtrash123 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Are you listening to urself? It hit the "post" that means it wasnt going in. But the game was an even one arsenal didn't deserve the loss that's all
Amusedkid (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Best game of the season by a country mile. Proud to be a gunner despite the defeat

Kick4Life - changing lives through football