Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester City V Arsenal, Dec 18
SirStig (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Vermaelen needs to be allowed to shoot more, he'd score loads of goals. He can definitely send rockets in from outside the box!
Cantonaaaa (Manchester United) 2 years ago
What about his defensive role then? Football is as much scoring as not getting scored on
Goooner04 (Western Sydney Wanderers) 2 years ago
Bit annoying how all the gooners have voted city lucky.
City played awesome.
So did we.
Best epl game so far. Free flowing footy at its best.
I recon a draw would have been fair, but when is anything in life fair?
Toblerone (Arsenal) 2 years ago
As a Gunner supporter for many years I am abs frustrated with how the pundits saw the game. Arsenal did not deserve anything from that match. Poor managing, poor tactics and overall poor game from the gunners. So much defensive issues when you have CB playing FB that can't pass, can't cross for fluidity in team movement. Then there's issues where the front three and the three midfielders are so far apart in their line which makes the attacks so f*****g flaccid it hurts just to watch
Evoked87 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
How you know gooners voted city lucky? Maybe is United fans who wanted us to hold City lol. I voted both Awesome
Paulsito (Arsenal) 2 years ago
If Toblerone was managing, Arsenal wouldve won the match. Surely, isn't it.

You have players who are playing out of position and here he comes with all of this knowledge.

Goooner04 (Western Sydney Wanderers) 2 years ago
I recon.  Our back four is made up of 4 cb's.  We did great
SuarezDbest (Liverpool) 2 years ago
How da hell is there only 1 goal scored? City should have scored at least 3 and a couple or so by arsenal.... Both aguero and persie had a bad day in the office...
Duces14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Good game of football gutted with the loss but city created more clear cut chances. Anyhow looking forward to our game against Aston villa hopefully we get the right result then. And please don't use arshavin as an impact sub anymore
Futboller92 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
If I could, I'd vote van persies offside goal for goal of the week, really something messi would do
Yea. You can almost bet your entire fortune he'll score at those positions. There was another snap chance that he didn't get enough behind the ball
Silva921 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
CRAP. Who on mother Earth acceot an offside GOAL?!
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@silva921 grow up don't let your parents disappoint of you
Mumbleinriddles (Manchester City) 2 years ago
If it was onside, that would definitely be one of the best goals. Full of composure. Hart just got owned there
Reddevil278 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@Silva921, there is an eye care center there in Japan, would you like more information, I think you are suffering from a mild case of eye weakness. Possibly blinded by gloryhunting
ToePoke (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Walcott simply doesn't know how to play football, he's got bags of pace but has no idea how to use it.

We won't win anything as long as he's in the starting XI. Ox-Chambs deserves a chance, Walcott has been giving a ridiculous amount of time to "fulfill his potential".

He showed more passion when he was taken off than he did during his entire time on the pitch!
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Why not exchange him with aaron lenon.... Give something to tottenham and place a little money and put lenon in his position.... Its a good deal lenon knows how to use his speed
GunsRus (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Sure, set it up between the two clubs, while you're there see if you can offload Arsharvin and Diaby too
Toepoke, stop talking rubbish.    Walcott is an excellent player and he has been playing very well of late.    
Shishir7290 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
City deserved their win. Arsenal hardly had any clear chances. The supply 2 RVP wasn't present today and so he didn't make much of an impact. Walcott was as poor as I've seen him recently and Arshavin had the worst sub cameo appearance of all time maybe. Vermaelen was their biggest goal threat. Arsenal were never genuine title challengers and this shows that Wenger needs 2 spend heavily otherwise we may see RVP in a blue jersey in this same fixture next season
Nutcracker (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Hardly any chances? RVP had 3 very real chances, Vermaelen had 3 as well, Wallcot 1 amazing shot. Its just that Joe Hart is too good
Both teams had equal chances. Results should have gone either way. But how come everyone forget that this is football. And anything can happen. City won, and I don't think its lucky. Because they played well as a team, defensive and offensively.
Arsenal lost but not because they played rubbish, their final third finishing just isn't there.
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Most of the City fans are glory hunters, I bet they weren't City fans before the Sheikh bought the club
Blueheart (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Most football fans are glory hunters. But wht would make them acceptable is their loyalty towards their supported clubs. Ull never see an asian suddenly supporting northampton town
Akitoyo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I don't think the words "loyalty" and "glory hunter" can go together
They can
Nutcracker (Arsenal) 2 years ago
No they can't. Imagine if the sheikh dies and bam no more money for Man City, you go back to shitty old beginnings. Glory hunters will move to a new team to support. Fact. Loyalty cannot follow
If you are a loyal glory hunter u'll understand unfortunately you arent
DaniPak (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Lol I started support arsenal when they didn't win a trophies for a while! Which is like 3 years ago or so! Watch every game, all the news and so on! That's true feelings for the club! Don't really know why I started to support them just watched and I loved how they play! Since then cannot stop watching them!
ClassicMovies (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I m milan fan in 90's when someone brought Gullit, Rijkard and Van Basten or others with heavy fees. Milan brought excitement to league and won titles. I am not milan fan nor know nothing about milan before that. But Napoli a average team with Maradona and Careca won 2 titles. Both are justifiable and acceptable. There is nothing wrong in recent Man city fan. My favorite team in EPL is Man city
ClassicMovies (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
@TheRedandBlacks    Here Problem is Club or Football or Sheikh?
Marcossenna (Villarreal) 2 years ago
Most of the fans of big clubs are glory hunters, I bet they wouldn't be fans if their clubs didn't have as much success or if their clubs didn't have as much air time on TV as the other clubs because of their popularity.

Fixed that for you.

Get off your high horse because you're no different, TheRedandBlacks
I'm from malaysia, south east asia that is. And I watched horlock scored the first and dickov scored the equaliser during the 2nd Div play offs against gillingham. And city got through in the penalty shoot out, saved by nicky weaver their GK.

So, anyone have a problem with that?
@Marcossenna I started to support Milan in 2008 when they didn't win titles....
I support AC Milan because they're a great club with beautiful play and it is a club with great history.
A gloryhunter is someone who doesn't stick with they're team and is a fan of a club that only wins and once the club lose they're suddenly not a fan anymore
ClassicMovies, you are a 100% glory hunter
2008? Pathetic. That's just a year after they won the Champions League and three years after the Istanbul affair. If you want great history, you should've supported Torino. A gloryhunter is a one who seeks glory. You're a pathetic excuse for a fan. Get out of here
People who are of a sudden City supporters are glory hunters, even if they stick by the team. If you are a little boy, I can understand but you have grown men talking foolishness about "City is my second team". Do you know how long Manchester City have been around and all of sudden everyone supports them.

Nonsense!
Gloryhunters are those seeking glory. What has Citeh won so far? Just a frigging FA Cup. If you're looking for gloryhunters who stuck after the success, look no further. Arsenal had a lot of overnight gloryhunters when they won the double in '98 or when they went unbeaten.

Arrogant gloryhunting Arsenal fans calling citeh fans gloryhunters, would you look at that
Arsenal vs big teams always an enthralling one, maybe less Liverpool.

We put up a very brilliant effort, but the problem is ever more glaring against such a powerful side. Arsenal lacks quality especially upfront!

Please Wenger, we need 1 or 2 star signings. Look at our bench, we had no game changers to bring in
Lol.... Wenger.... How close are your fullbacks to returning?    "err.... Not very close.... " -murmurs
Isenblud (Barcelona) 2 years ago
City is prbly the most multicultural club !
Phoenix88 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
How is CITY lucky? Arsenal fans...
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 2 years ago
It's the same as how david silva's goal can be goal of the week? City fans...
Its definitely a goal of the week for us city fans, it gave us 3 points against a top team. Problem?
Persebaya (Persebaya Surabaya) 2 years ago
I define goal of the week as good quality goal, not because a goal is important for my favorite team.... Only glory hunters do the latter....

I understand though, that many people are nothing but lame ass glory hunter who love nothing but themselves.... But some football fans are true genuine football lovers who watch football and make unbiased judgments simply because they love the game
MrArse (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Buy more fans then
@persabaya you sounds like an intelligent man, why don't you ask some of arsenal fans to act like a true football loving fans and accept their lose instead of calling city as lucky like a lame ass glory hunter? Ok?
Palandiell (Bayern München) 2 years ago
@ all arsenal fans: how do you guys rate mertesacker?

I am always in support for fellow german players trying to make it in the PL and think more should try it there (ahem, podolski) but I would like a neutral perspective about mertesacker

Personally, I didn't like him at all yesterday. Found him slow in reaction, and not as mentally fit as you would expect a centerback to be. If you think I am wrong, please correct me
Duces14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Yeah he had a shocker he got out muscled by balotelli too easily, couldn't keep up with aguerro, he blows cold and hot for me needs more consistency I reckon
Scs33 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Mertesacker has been disappointing ever since he moved to arsenal, I havent seen him have a single good game. And I'm like you, I love to see german players go overseas and do well
Ardak (Arsenal) 2 years ago
No, I think he did well in this game, I really like Mertesacker....

He will soon grow into a top defender, I'm pretty sure.
Koscielny wasn't the same when he came to Arsenal as he is now
Per, has been excellent for Arsenal. He has given us a sense of calm. Arsenal have a very good defence, if the players can stop getting injured!
Silva921 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
WATERED GUN
Silentheat (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Money city
Miks1986 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Broke goons
Altocirrus (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Seriously, Arsenal fans, stop being bitter because your team lost to a better team, and it's nothing to shame about.

Move on and see if you could break into top 4, will you? Or shall Spurs take that spot away?
Lalalala
Not sure City is a better team, deeper yes but better? Not for me.
Give me Wilshere, Sagna and Santos back with our first choice CB's and I like our chances against City.

Arsenal are on the rise!

Kibakun (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Great match nice to see Arsenal so competitive now

Kick4Life - changing lives through football