Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester City V Arsenal, Dec 18
Goooner04 (Western Sydney Wanderers) 3 years ago
Great match proud to be a gooner
Miks1986 (Manchester City) 3 years ago
Yess well said....  @Kon91.... Take note of how to be a proper supporter....
UnitedForEPL19 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Gosh too much whining from arsenal fans. Yes city has spent money but no need to keep harping on it. It just makes you sound bitter so just give credit where it's due. Great game to watch, I think the result is pretty fair since city missed a couple easy chances but otherwise a pretty even and entertaining affair.

I can't wait to see what utd are made of when jan 6th rolls around
Vespasien (Manchester City) 3 years ago
One of the best games in the premier league so far. So entertaining. However, Arsenal does need to work on their form. They were strong throughout though, but especially at the end of the second half.
Man city played super well yet again. Proves that the Chelsea loss isn't hurting their PL rank. Man city have been so professional, I wish they were still in the champions league, so they can play with strong international clubs.
Sorta shocking to believe that Man City lost Monday against a team that just tied with Wigan (ranked 18th FYI!)
Ardak (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Dude, this is football, it's not algebra where you get results through formulas.

Man City also tied with Fulham which is currently 11th...
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Unlucky Arsenal!
Oohtobeagooner (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Once again we were outdone with a single counter attack from city, just like the carling cup. Imo this match was quite even and both of us deserved a draw, congrats anyway to man city. I hope we will come back stronger than this at the emirates. Motm for city, hart! This guy is freaking awesome, true product of city. And for us verminator the motm. I bet every single manager in epl would love to have him as your cb, this guy is fantastic!
Cornerback (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Great match, I wish we would have gotten a draw, and no one would have argued that we didn't deserved it.
Man City is a very good team, but it was very good defending by arsenal, better then I would have expected.
One think I observed was that man city had set pieces, but arsenal was comfortable. Maybe our defence is finally getting better or man city does not have the ariel threat then other teams.
In the end, I think luck played its role otherwise it would have been 0-0, or 1-1 or maybe 3-3.
Table's finally shaping up. We now man city and tottenham in the mix. Newcastle moving to mid table nicely. Liverpool getting back to top four. But with man city firmly holding top 4 finish, it would be great to see who else would be in it. Man utd, arsenal, chelsea, or liverpool. I still don't think tottenham will make it to top 4, but you never know. Its a long season
LeeChungYong (Arsenal) 3 years ago
There were few offsides call that was rubbish, especially the Micah Richards one, good thing it didn't effect the result. Good game by both teams, one of the more open games so far this season.
Vermaelen has such great long shot technique it is kinda ridiculous
Omar (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I know I love Arsenal, but more than anything I am a football fan. This match was exhilarating. Both teams produced chances, and both defended very well. The goalkeeping, especially on Man. City's end was fantastic. Joe Hart is a great keeper, and his positioning/reactions were amazing. Same goes to Tex who made a number of key saves to keep Arsenal in the game. Great attacking football honestly. How this wasn't a higher-scoring game is beyond me. Credit to both defenses and a great game by City.

As for Arsenal, I know Vermaelen is a defender, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in the midfield (or even in forward!) Unlucky Arsenal, but we were also lucky not to concede (e. G Zabaleta). Although we came out the losers, we should come out of the game with our heads high and prepare for the next fixture
Kon91 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Credit to the gunners they were great! It's a shame that Manchester City are buying their way to the top of the league, it really is sad to see
Miks1986 (Manchester City) 3 years ago
It was a phenomenal game good showing from arsenal.

And well if Arsenal would spend money you prob wouldn't be in the current situation....

The only thing sad is your rather oblivious and juvenile comment....
Kraybon (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Agree with Miks. It takes money to win anything these days. It's not a shame, it's the way the game is played
Futboller92 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I like your vocabulary miks1986
Sarsfield (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Good game from both sides. City probably had the better of the chances. With that being said, van persie WAS onside and m richards handball IN THE BOX. Very disappointing to lose this way, very unlucky. Try to put the ref out of my opinion but I am having trouble on this day
Mumbleinriddles (Manchester City) 3 years ago
It was ball to hand, very harsh if penalty was given. His hand was very close to his own body as well, its not like he's stretching it out like lescott did. And it wasnt a clear goal scoring opportunity if his hand was not obstructing.

And the offside, very very close. Any other day it would have been given a goal.
But city had their chances too. And if you're saying arsenal was unlucky, I would say they were lucky too to have song still playing
EdTheFan (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Don't worry Arsenal, every cloud has a Silva lining
Evoked87 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Nice.... As creative as BBC
RVPMVP (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Cracking game! Van persie was marginally offsides, but what a finish! Zabaleta's strike was also ridiculously unlucky, thunderous shot. Goalkeepers played fantastic for both teams. Glad to see Phil Dowd not red card anyone (Song, you were definitely lucky to stay on), but that handball was a pretty funny missed call. Either way, great game!
Isenblud (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Wasnt a hand ball...
Cantonaaaa (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Wasn't a handball indeed
Mumbleinriddles (Manchester City) 3 years ago
It was ball to hand, no clear cut chance on goal, and richards hand was pretty much very close to his body. If penalty was given, I think its very harsh
Skyblue5 (Manchester City) 3 years ago
Lucky? City and Arsenal both played great. I guess haters always gonna' hate
GoldandSilva (Manchester City) 3 years ago
That touch from Balotelli in the first half where he almost scored was world class
Blueheart (Manchester City) 3 years ago
LOL lucky? Lucky my assss.... Both teams played great. But the one who took their chance won

Kick4Life - changing lives through football