Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester City V Arsenal, Dec 18
Current91 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Some people say as long as RVP is shut down Arsenal are nothing. I'm sorry NO! As much as I love RVP he's only a piece of the puzzle! Yes he scored a lot of goals this year but the main players are our midfield, especially our wingers (Gervinho and Walcott).
RVP didn't score today because Gervinho and Walcott were shut down by good defending! When they were not shut down and managed to get passed the defence, RVP would have a shot! I watched the match and Walcott didn't do nothing hence why RVP couldn't come alive and Gervinho was either brushed off the ball or shut down!

So to everyone that says we are a "one man team" well think again!

Well done city.... Slightly gutted though.... Wanted to beat them
GoalDigger (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Spot on. People who think RVP is the one man team are just looking at the headlines and the scoresheet. You can tell the whole team has turned around since the crappy start to the season
LuisFigo7 (Benfica Lisbon) 3 years ago
Baloteli making the difference again, in my opinion arsenal deserved more but we can see that they realy level up, bad times are behind ^^
MNUSA (Manchester City) 3 years ago
Nasri is worth every penny
SpurSlayer (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Easy come easy go
Gabaire (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Man city, I guess having money does help. Great to see a great game....  Great to see so many X-Arsenal players on, feels kinda weird
Epicis31 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I think they should call mancity ex-arsenal!
Miks1986 (Manchester City) 3 years ago
And we shall call arsenal broke...
Current91 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
How can we be broke when you give us 20+Mill for a player who has 1 year on his contract
Well your money def wasn't well spent
Sinnical (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Did djourou go out through injury? If so that's our best 5 outside backs injured.... Strange.

Points would have been nice but it looks like we played well at any rate. I don't think we can catch city but if we keep playing as well as we have the last couple months, we should be up there at the run-in
GoalDigger (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Yeah it was just offside, but WHAT a finish by RVP!

A disappointing result for the Arsenal, but for the right reasons. It was a great performance against a team that has absolutely bulldozed loads of teams in the league so far, including Man you. The final result could have easily gone a different way. But well done to City, hope they win the league now.
Cornerback (Arsenal) 3 years ago
My friend its not the end of the season, stick to the team you support. We still have to host man city, and they still have to play against many top teams. Anything can happen, its not la liga
Gtbanana (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Any One Thumb Up For Joe Hart's Relief Face At The End? I Loled
49ers04 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I'd be more impressed by City if they could do that without being a soulless money pit. But whatevs, not like Arsenal is the only club that's going to lose at the Etihad
Mumbleinriddles (Manchester City) 3 years ago
Putting lucky or unlucky aside, I think for once I would agree with gary neville. Lol. Brilliant game. It was entertaining. Not only it was entertaining, but it was clean and fair through out imo. You don't see much of games like this now, open play and lots of attacking for both sides. Felt like it was an arsenal vs Man UTD game yeaaaars back. Non stop 90 minutes
Kon91 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Wasnt quite fair, Arsenal had a very strong penalty shout following that handball and I felt the van persie offside was a little harsh
Kon91 you and your idiocy....

There no one behind richards to intercept the ball, and not withstanding that it was more ball to hand than anything else.... Anyone that has an understanding of the english language would not use strong to describe the chances of that call

Secondly your computer screen must be of the poorest quality either that or your eyes are wonky, as the commentator said.... It was a tight call but none the less he was offside....
Offside was little harsh? Its either you're off or not, and I think the ref got it quite right.

As for the handball. I would say its a little too harsh if it was given. Ball-to-hand. No clear cut chance on goal. His hand is close to his body. Totally different from the lescott situation. I think you're just being bitter.

So many comments telling city fans to take up in the chin and accept the chelsea defeat. But now looks who's ranting and complaining. Bias.... Bias all the way
SpurSlayer (Arsenal) 3 years ago
A very entertaining game.... I think we lacked a little bit of class in the middle
I think the midfield battle would have been alot easier for Arsenal had Song not been booked so early on
Yepper 3 years ago
I've always seen Alex Song as quite a big bloke but he looks a small child compared to Balotelli. Didn't notice until the situation around the time of the goal...
He isn't tall or anything, but he is much stronger than balotelli!
Foballa (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Anyone supporting arsenal I pity, wenger is a shareholder so long as he is making money for the board which he is part of nothin else matters, can he keep this team together or will he sell rvp, I bet him and the board are salivating on the expected offers
ColonelBX (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Vermalen was so unlucky! What a defender.
Man City did awesome too. What an awesome game, honestly, this game deserved a draw both teams were equal
Arsanl (Arsenal) 3 years ago
f**k city and f**k the referee,  So the referee didn't see the handball
Click on @Arsanl profile. Look under vital stats. It says 0 year old male.
And look at his previous comment. Also on a city page.

That just says it all. What a pity
Ardak (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I thought we played well overall, as the "Manchester City v Arsenal: five things we learned" says, we were probably the best league team to come to the Etihad this season so far.

Manchester City defended well, didn't allow Gervinho and Walcott to do their thing. I thought there was a handball by Richards but for some reason Phil Dowd standing in the perfect position completely ignored it.

Overall, I'm really happy for my team, although some individual players didn't convince me in this game: Ramsey, Gervinho, Djourou.

I was hoping for Rosicky to come on as a substitute for Gervinho but Wenger decided to bring on useless Arshavin plus useless Chamakh. Walcott played better than Gervinho and I was suprised by Wenger's decision to keep Gervinho on.

We could have gotten a draw but we we both unlucky and ManCity defended very well. You can tell we miss a player like Fabregas in midfield...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football