Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Long Term Future Of AFC & Others
Dougie27 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Recently I have been thinking about the following. In the last 20 years, top teams like Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool (in a slump but I think they'll eventually recover), Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barca and so on have been dominant. Due to the domination of these teams, they have financially pulled ahead of other sides that are of a lower quality/value and have lower fan support than the top teams of course. 30 years ago, it was common to see a very inconsistent standing in the league. In other words, a top team one year could be a mid table team the next and it was normal. Now, it seems that top clubs have cemented their position. My question is simply this: do you believe that in 100 years and even further on, Arsenal, United, Liverpool and so on will still be the top clubs? It seems that these teams would pull farther ahead do to the growing support and the revenue that smaller clubs can't match any more as this is now a global game and less domestic. Fulham would have more fans than Liverpool if it was just a domestic game. So do you believe that the very long term future of Arsenal is bright? It's an opinion really because we have no clue of what will happen
DANAFC (Arsenal) 2 years ago
We have plenty of youth prospects and the club is very well run so I don't see why it shouldnt be
Well the youth prospects that we currently have will only last for about 10-15 years. The way the club is run is very promising however
Redhertz (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I cannot imagine how different the world will be in a 100 years. Never mind about football.

I imagine a lot of the stadiums will have moved and be the size of Olympic parks with training facilities and other attractions.

I think though that we will be fine.

Yeah this is a question not just about sport but about the entire world in a century lol. A bit frightening but 100 years ago they would have been saying the same
Cloudst 2 years ago
100 years from now there won't be any oil so the sheiks of citeh will go bankrupt
100 years ago we weren't even at Highbury.

Makes you think. Will we be at the Emirates in a 100 years from now?

Good point Cloudst although I'm sure some other billionaires will be owners haha!
I doubt that we will change stadiums again for a very long time becuase I think that you can't go much higher than 60, 000-80, 000 so there isn't a reason to relocate or build a new stadium. It will probably be expanded however, maybe even in the next 10-20 years as we have so many people on the waiting lists
Hmmm expansion for sure architecturally you will be able to go above our current level I. E. Wembley & some of the NFL stadiums.

Demand for tickets might see this happen
The only problem is the way that the Emirates was made, when you look at it I guess we could raise the roof. I can't see where else we can internally expand
Cloudst 2 years ago
There's a chance we'll be having a roof in the next few years as our contractors recently went to the Amsterdam ArenA recently to learn about they're retractable roof.

The Emirates itself is not a complete project there's LOTS of room for expansion in many areas
Perhaps we should have built it bigger in the first place lol
Interestingly, Wenger was talking about turning the Stadium into the "center of London" today. He wants people to be able to have fun at the Emirates all day, not just for the game. The way I see this, it could almost be an Olympic Stadium type setup with a lot of things to do around the area
"I imagine a lot of the stadiums will have moved and be the size of Olympic parks with training facilities and other attractions. " - me earlier.

It makes sense though!
Haha I didn't remember that you had said that but it's true, we totally have space around the Emirates for attractions like that
Haha it's in my big post above    Yeah perhaps like a theme park with rides and stuff haha
That would be awesome
That would be awesome
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I believe we're still planning on changing our stadium's name?    New Highbury. Called it
When the Emirates deal runs out it will change. I would like "Ashburton Grove" as the name. Our naming deal is still about 10 years to run however
Arsene Wenger Stadium
Ooops I meant to click reply not start a new post
Don't worry about that lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football