Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
How Did You Decide On Your Username And Display Pic?
StageFright1203 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Hello fellow FootyTubers,

Now that the season is over and there isn't any real football for the next few months, I decided to start this thread. I've been curious for some time now as to how some people came up with their username. What significance does it have to you? Maybe you're just trying to be funny, clever, or it's something personal to you. Some people's names will be fairly obvious right away, but for someone like myself, it doesn't pertain to football or my team at all (unless you want to make a joke about it and somehow relate them....)

Also, how did you pick your profile picture. I've had mine since I joined, and some people will change their's more frequently; but why did you chose your current pic?

I'll start:

Username story: Back in grade school (I was about 13 or so) I was in an elective theatre class where we did small plays, learned about the history of theatre and acting, and it was just something that was extracurricular to our main courses. One day the teacher split us up into groups and we had to create our own "production company. " My friend and I came up with the name Stage Fright Productions, which we thought was cool. A few years later when I purchased my first Xbox, my username for online play was StageFright. Ever since then I have used that name as my username for a lot of different stuff, and I still am obviously currently using it (sometimes I have to use numbers because the plain old "StageFright" is already taken.)

As for my display picture: Shortly before I signed up for footytube, someone very close to me lost the fight against leukemia. The orange ribbon is a leukemia awareness ribbon so I've had that ever since I first joined in honor of that person.

Now, what's your story...
Gooner1998 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
My bad PC glitch
That comment is 10 threads "deeeeeeeeeeeeeep"
YGunz (Arsenal) 1 year ago
That's good story mine well why stands for young Gunz/gunners because our team is full of youth and am waiting for them to become the big Gunz we had in Viera, Bergamp, Pires, parlor, Henry.... Ect so on but we are almost there my dp jacks frist goal back and the how much I waited for it
What a goal it was too. I was pretty nervous that game actually because Swans were playing well at that time, and it came down to about a last minute game-winning epic strike to send us into the next round
SKool (Arsenal) 1 year ago
For the username, SK for my full name initials. And just to make its sound 'cool' I reworded it as 'kool' so yeah, Skool fairly simple.

Profile pic, well I change it whenever I find a really good one hanging around in the web or based on certain events like new signings and etc. But sometimes I put on the adam jensen one
Dougie27 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Before I changed my name to Dougie27 a few weeks, ago everyone remembers how it was Douglie. When I was really little, a clever friend of mine combined my name with with the word "ugly" to annoy me. Out of respect for him I had to use the name for so long, but its been retired
Tecko (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Username: Well part of my name is Teck (Not going to reveal my real name ). I just added a 'o' at the back of Teck to get a nicer-sounding 'Tecko'.

DP: I think it was a picture I took at a beach in the evening. The sky looked very beautiful that day with the wispy clouds.

When I was choosing my DP this picture happened to be one of the more decent-looking ones on my computer and I have stuck with it since
Applejuice (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I love applejuice. I'm 21 and not afraid to admit that I like a child's drink. Podolski is a badass
Dougie27 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Apple juice is great. I like the kind with the slight spice
Monkeyyoda (Arsenal) 1 year ago
My Playstation online name is Monkeyyoda. I first went with Yoda, Taken. Then a lot of different ones with monkey, nearly all of them taken. SO I combined monkey and yoda and BAM monkeyyoda.

My Picture is Jack Wilshere with his, back then, new born child. I went for it because its awesome
Ardak (Arsenal) 1 year ago
My username is Ardak because my real name is Ardak. My profile picture is an Arsenal FC logo because....

I don't understand why in here everybody is reluctant to reveal their names?
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Never talk to strangers...
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
My name is Hikman, a variation of my real name.    The DP is ROnaldo and ARbeloa I think hugging, pure awesomness.  
AussieGooner14 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
My username is pretty self explanatory haha the number 14 is for my favourite player ever, King Henry! (That is also pretty self explanatory too) Was going to have it without the number but someone already had the username "AussieGooner"
Username used to be "Ljd710" (my initials followed by the numbers 7 and 10. Pretty crappy so I changed it)

As for the DP, I always change that when I find a good one
Arsenalarethe (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I wanted mine to be arsenalarethebest (because they are ) but it was too many letters and I didn't notice until I had already made the account. Not bothered though quite like it how it is and now use it for other things too
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 1 year ago
It's simple my name is peter and I am ZE gooner...
Mine's is a secret mwahahahahahahaha    Suarez is arsenals saviour!!
QeebyKiwi (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Mine is because.... Kagawa!

Also because "Qeeb" is part of my name, Raqeeb, and "Kiwi" is my nickname amongst my friends.

I just put a "y" because "QeebKiwi" sounded weird
Walwin10 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
My UN is my middle name and the number 10 because that's the number I wore most often in my playing days. Also because my favorite player growing up Carlos Valderrama wore the number 10.

My display pic is me wearing a red hood with a shirt coving my face with the Arsenal crest on it. It took several tries to get the right shot because I couldn't see sh** and had no one around to take the picture for me. I basically sat in my bathroom because it had the best lighting conditions in the house, put the camera on a tripod, set the timer and hoped for the best.

I've been an Arsenal fan since 1996 a short time after Arsène Wenger came to the rescue. I wanted my photo to show how much I love this club, I didn't want to leave any mysteries as to what team I support
ForHenry (Arsenal) 11 months ago
I thought you had just downloaded it.... Nice pic...
StageFright1203 (Arsenal) 11 months ago
Yeah that looked photoshopped at first. Nice job!
Walwin10 (Arsenal) 11 months ago
Merci !

Kick4Life - changing lives through football