Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Has This Ever Happened To You?
Johny (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I Had the worst and best day ever with my football team, We play in the u18 silver league (2nd tier in our youth league). We're first in our league (11 wins 2 losses 0 ties). That earned us to play in the Gold cup, which would allow us to go as far as provincials. We'd been preparing for this game all season. So due to the lack of teams in the Gold league for u18's, we were already in the Semi finals, with our opponents being 4th in their u17/18 gold league(the team in the finals were dead last). Game gets underway, and its evenly matched, they score of a freekick which our goalie messed up. Last 20 minutes of the game, their goalie spills it, and soon 15 people are in the box scrambling for the ball. Their goalie gets injured in the process, and has to be replaced. In the last 5 minutes, we get a freekick just outside the box, because the goalie handled it outside the bono red card surprisingly). Our player takes it but their goalie can't handle it, the goalie spills it, the ball Bounces past the line, but the goalie pulled a roy carrol and dragged the ball back into play. *If you don't know what a Roy Carrol is, this is what it looks like*

We're elated and I'm in the sidelines screaming like I've won the lottery. During this, I hear my coach saying "NOO,NOO, YOUR kidding ME" I turn around and I see to much dismay, the referee changing his mind after being convinced by a 10 year old girl lineswoman? (no kiding) that the ball didn't cross the line . This is pretty much how I felt after the ref changed hi mind LOL

We end up loosing the game, and a chance to the provincial championship because of a 10 year old lineswoman. On the plus side, we played the best damn footy all season.

Has this ever happened to you?
Cloudst 2 years ago
I actually had opposite luck

I was the reason why my team conceded the first goal in a little mini high school tournament but then after words I also ended up scoring the winning goal for the team so it all turned out good
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 2 years ago
We had a goal disallowed last season because the ref was their coach(don't ask how that happened) and our player kicked the ball in while the keeper was on the ground from my shot. He had half a glove on the ball and it was deemed he had control and a foul to shoot the ball. We drew 1-1 and that was the top team. We gave them a nice 3-0 hiding in the return match though.

But the worst last season was the semi final. 10 minutes in my winger puts in a wide through ball and I beat the CB to the ball. The keeper came out and I made a perfect passing low drive for the far corner. As I'm slowing down and watching it ready to celebrate, it hits the post, rolls along the goal line to the other post and stops.... The keeper gathered the ball. We then conceded 2 goals and with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd half I went through again, beat the keeper but got pushed out wide. With a defender pressuring me and an OPEN NET, from an acute angle I got the shot perfect but too high and off the crossbar. I wanted to sink through the pitch in shame
@Cloudst, haha come play for us in Victoria
Cloudst 2 years ago
Would love to but I'm in Montreal and I'll be coaching U-12 kids so I'm kinda retired I guess

Besides I would get sent off.... A LOT

I carried the most red cards in my high school tournaments because I tackle according to my coach "to physically for high school soccer" lol

I basically said eff it and haven't played since
Wiskid (Arsenal) 2 years ago
When I was in 5th grade the ref congratulated me on my tackling style as he gave me a red card.
Cloudst 2 years ago
LOOL    Seriously though if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
High school send offs, Haha, I once said "F You" to my friend as a joke because I only had the keeper to beat, and my friend came from behind and tackled me, and the ref said play on
LOOL once I spat on the field and a ref gave me a yellow
@ Wiskid, Loool
@Zilch, you're not alone buddy, About 2 years ago in my u16 league, we were playing this team that was better than us. We were 4th place, they were 2nd I believe. It was 1-1, and they were on the ropes, we keep pressuring, about the 85th minute, I make a run from the middle on the field, onto the penalty box area. Our right wing goes past a player, then does a low cross into the box, the ball somehow goes past the 3 defenders, the goalie (not enough reaction time), I was literally 2 yards out on a slightly acute angle. The ball came to my favored left foot.... I made a split decision to use the outside of my left foot when the ball came from the right side onto the left(still to this day I don't even know how I came up with that) I missed I wide open target, and just collapsed on the field when seeing the ball roll away. However in the last minute of injury time, my team mate caught a sweet volley just outside of the penalty box, from the other teams attempt to clear the ball with a header. He hit it wonderfully right into the top corner. When that ball struck the back o'the net, I got Merciful Release!
Monkeyyoda (Arsenal) 2 years ago
My referre expierence. On the field I swear quiet alot, haha. So this ref was being all howerd webb on our ass making me get so irrtated and fustrated. Then the opposistion started being agressive in tackleing (they were behind 4-3 and it was like the 80th minute) so I started cussin' at them, then it happend. The ref blew his wistle and gave them a free kick just outside the box because of my language. I was like "dafuq brah? ", I doubt that's even allowed giving a free kick because someone is swearing. They scored and the match ended 4-4. I was so pissed off that day
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I once played for a team called the North City Lions and we were once screwed over by a linesman. The opponents scored a goal from a clearly offside position but the linesman, who was one of my teammates father no less, was still at the halfway line asking if anyone had a smoke. We were livid and even his own son yelled abuse at him....

.... Of course, we were already 5-0 down (we never won a match, lol) so I'm not sure the abuse was neccessary in hindsight but that's football huh?
Hahahahahhhaahahahahahahahahahahah I would have payed to see that
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Heaps more stories like this here

footytube.com/forums/general-chat/share-your-real-life-footy-playing-stories-best-goal-biggest-win-injuries-2349/
Great minds think alike
Dougie27 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
We played in the nationals for independant Canadian schools in Toronto a couple of years ago. There was one particular game in the group stages that was the most lucky draw I have ever seen or encountered. We were playing a really good side and they took the lead early. We then equalised quite soon after through a tap in from a free kick (it was one of our only chances). They then got a penalty and the guy stepped up and smashed the bar (it was a very wet day). Then in the second half, my buddy blocked a shot on the line with his hands and he was sent off. Another penalty lead to our keeper saving it. We hung on somehow for the 1-1 draw. We eventually lost the tournament in the final 3-0 to a ridiculously good team after we had hung on for 2 thirds of the game quite well
Daang, I wish my youth team, or my favourite team in the world would have that much luck
Dougie27 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
It was kind of like the FA cup final in 2005 when we cheated United out of it somehow but even worse lmao
@Monkeyyoda, that's weird, never new referee could give freekicks for swearing.... Damn that suckss

Kick4Life - changing lives through football