Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Fulham V Arsenal, Jan 2
Fadinho89 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I wasnt surprised at result looking at the way we play, cannot blame the players for being tired. Why? Cause fulham had the same fixture.

Looking at fulham, they knew how we gonna' play against them. Arsenal have the same tactics game after game and that's how wolves can get a point. And how to stop arsenal, send 2 to 3 players crowd over 1 guy, he'll sure lose the ball. And when arsenal attack the last quarter, just crowd at the box. Arsenal played very narrow game on a very narrow pitch. A 4-5-1 wasnt really useful here. Fulham clearly used the home advantage. I mean if arsenal were to use the same tactics, same offensive line-up, they are screwed. This is the premiership for god sake. Everyone in the every position analyses their opponents. And arsenal has been using the same methods. Arsenal can win because they have world class players. Try doing it with a league 2 team.

And for f**k sake, get a defensive coach. All of them can't defend. And we got no work rate at all when it comes to defending. Everyone looks nervous when it comes to defending.

I don't know why you all blame gervinho walcott squillaci.... But I feel the whole team was at fault
Silvestre (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Agreed! It was weird watching them playing like that after getting the lead. It was as if the win was already in the bag. Oh and the red card definitely did something to this loss too. Wenger gambled on letting Djourou stay on the pitch with a yellow card away from being sent off. I wanna call him stupid, but I know you Arsenal fans would gang on me. So no, he's not stupid hahahaha
Miks1986 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
I wouldn't say he gambled.... I would say he had faith in Djourou as a experienced player to know what to do.

I really do wish Wenger can find players to adapt or adapt himself, he is without doubt one of the best coaches around, I just get the feeling there is a disconnect between him and the players
5star02707 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I knew our defence would collapse again when it matters the most.... Shame substitution we all know squillaci couldn't defend properly and what in the world is djourou thinking when he's one foul to receive a red.... Again that should be a wake up call for Arsene!
1st half was all arsenal but can't convert all the chances that's our main problem.... On a positive note Coquelin has potential
Yellow (Arsenal) 2 years ago
We were actually very solid today but the sending off was a game changer. Djourou is just terrible, in any position
MrLillyWhite (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
He's got no hair but we don't care Martin Martin Jol ! Get in Fulham !
Sham34 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Well done Fulham that was a well deserved win
SrpskiCevap (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
2 goals in the last 5.... Ouch
Poppyfields (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I'll bite my tongue on this one, but here's a hint    (look at the club he supports)
Danialazmi (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Understandably bitter from a Gooner.    (Wenger Time)
Dougie27 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
No suprise, we always lose when we have something to play for such as a lead. The pressure is too great for these guys time and time again...
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Arsenal fans gave united, chelsea and city so much crap for losing in their previous matches.... Hope this serves as a lesson.... No matter how tempting the rivalry is, keep your class
Farox (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I solute this comment, , sir! Arsenal fans talked a-lot of crap for United, Chelsea and esp City loss. Now gunners got gunned, learn to have class kids
Poppyfields (Arsenal) 2 years ago
There are troll fans at every club, ppl shouldn't generalize    
11arsenal10 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
The only people that were talking smack and trolling were the ones who arent real gunners
Shaymoose17 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
We should just all become Barca and Real fans then right? It's so easy.... Win win win. Not a care in the world. Supporting them is like going to McDonalds.... Its easy and convenient
DerBomber (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
So sorry for us and Barca always winning, but rather than blame us, you should just blame your inconsistent form first. Besides, he wasn't even talking about leagues so stop being a baby and blame everyone else
BarcaMyLove (Barcelona) 2 years ago
^not really, it might be easy to support them but I think the product they produce is just a tad better than mcdonalds, we leave the burger making to clubs like arsenal
Kon91 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Arsenal's attacking brand of football is often alot more aesthetically pleasing than Barcelona's since Arsenal play at a faster pace. Without Messi barcelona wouldn't be the same...
Well, at least we agree on something Kon91, but here's the deal, notice that beautiful football never wins anything, at least that's why we at Madrid can't topple Barca's empire. And you guys can't do anything against Utd. Beautiful football does not mean winning titles. Boring football though, has a higher tendency for results. Just my 2 cents worth
Lordyjordy (Arsenal) 2 years ago
@barcamylove
Yes better than mcdonalds but there is more competition at a mcdonalds (when the burgers are running out) than there is in la liga- but when you and real madrid share most of the tv revenue between you no wonder the rest of the league is crap!
The comment says "keep your class".... And everyone just starts bashing out on madrid and barca lol
121barca 2 years ago
Arsenal fans play too much video games and cry in protest against the real world for not functioning like their video games.... Kiddos
Lovelyeli (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 2 years ago
Lol at people when they say barcelona isn't good without messi

They have proved time and time they don't rely on players from the midfield up. (if anything barca's defence is the shakiest part without puyi)
Barcelona attack is pedro, villa, sanchez.... Messi is part of the midfield
Interpeer (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
@DaGaza    What
Tomc22 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Thought we outplayed fulham in the first half and should have been at least 2 nil up at the break. Second half we just werent there and didn't create anything.

Coquelin had a great game but I think we missed Vermaelens presence today, specially to defend the high balls in the box.

I feel a little sorry for DJ because he cops a fair bit of criticism when he is constantly playing out of position, however I wouldnt mind seeing the back of him this January (even when he plays as CB I'm sweating).

Overall very disappointing but that's the way it goes, not sure about AW not rotating any players though? Curious as to why Arshavin didn't feature either. Oh and one last thing, Theo needs to pull his head out of his ass and become the player he has the potential to be, if he really is asking for more money then surely he needs to show something more on the pitch
Miks1986 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
It was an entertaining game to watch.

Felt sorry for Djourou.... He had a good game till his sending off.
Arsenal were in good form for the first half and either lost steam in the second or fulham stepped.

Either way it was a good showing from Fulham.... I think they played total football today.
Krazykrunchy (Arsenal) 2 years ago
In Wenger we hate! Should have been fired by now
Goalieroo (Everton) 2 years ago
.... And another ignorant Arsenal fan decides to spread his wisdom
11arsenal10 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
You are high?!? Wenger is the best manager ever
That would be George Graham? At least for me, he's the best manager Arsenal ever had
Krazykrunchy has no idea, without Arsene we would have been relegated long ago
SrpskiCevap (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Not sure if serious
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
He's trolling? I hope...
If not for arsene.... Arsenal would not have been first in champions league and not have been 5th (1 point behind chelsea) in the premiere league.... As an arsenal fan, that is one Man UTD can't disrespect
14Hesus (Arsenal) 2 years ago
The thing is with Wenger is that he can be brilliant and infuriating at the same time. But I think to say without him Arsenal would have been relegated long ago or not be 5th may be speculative. It's true, he has done well, but another manager may have done better, or worse. We can't know for sure. We haven't had another manager to test that. That said, much respect should be given to Wenger, but shouldn't be spared of constructive criticism
[account-removed] 2 years ago
-    It is the time of the season yet again, the wheels are falling off Arse' wagon!
You mean the festive season where none of the players from the top 5 are playing seriously. They're all probably still in party mood unlike their relegation threatened rivals, who seem to be more hungry for wins
City lost on the weekend, didn't they? You are hardly in the position to gloat. Maybe you should be more concerned about dropping points against liverpool
Spartan (West Ham United) 2 years ago
This holiday period is mad.... You will not predict any upcomming game.... No further comments from me...
Like I said, they're probably still in party mood, and you can't blame them either, everyone needs a break
Djvr (Bolton Wanderers) 2 years ago
"none of the players from the top 5 are playing seriously. "

Wow.... Do you actually believe that?

They're professional players, all of whom have a number of years of experience - their entire lives are centered around being as match-fit and focused as possible for each game. Yet you're trying to make the argument the top teams "didn't play seriously"?

Maybe they just got beat? Yes everyone can have a bad day, but you take credit away from the sides that, in the case of Fulham, completely obliterated their opponents [in the second half].
Yellow (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Trust us to end 2011 on a high and enter 2012 on a downer. Djourou once again has proved why he should be in reserves. Walcott and Gervinho were equally disappointing. Could've and should've killed the game off
Madhavan (Liverpool) 2 years ago
The new arsenal full back was awesome.... Coquelin was it?

Walcott was wasteful.... Lots of pace but no final delivery.... Wasted a lot of shots too.... And the match was too open.... There was always the feeling Fulham had a chance to score.... And Djorou, Squillaci are not fit to be center backs of a top 6 team...
Lordyjordy (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Noticed you you said top six and not top four....    Very depressing
I think he means the two of them should not be allowed to play for any team in the top 6. But I think he's overestimating the two of them though. They belong in the bottom 3 clubs for me. Players like Samba are more worthy of a place at Arsenal
Squillaci is terrible, but djourou was a top player last season just give him a chance to find some form...
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
The faith in Djourou is justifiable but Squillaci is certainly dead weight, there must be better options out there for Arsenal
Iamtrash123 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Jonny evans? You can have him if you want lol
GunsRus (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Djourou has never been a top player for us and has on multiple occasions made simple errors which has lead directly or indirectly to opposition goals. Prefer to call him a liability. Walcott, no one knows whats going on in that brain of his when he has the ball, sometimes he's running with his eye shut. I thought after his wonder goal at chelsea he would carry on but looks as that was a one off piece of brilliance he can't repeat - send him on loan
Mirulmad (Arsenal) 2 years ago
@Madhavan Yeah, the new Arsenal FB. He's not a FB. He was a CM, from the reserve team, who was brought up to be a RB in Villa game and now, LB in Fulham game. You can see how fast he adapt to those positions and being composed at the same time.

Time to look for an appealing and more fast-thinking wingers. Both Walcott and Gervinho are fast-paced and can dribble quickly, but their decisions are quite slow when they have the ball on their feet. We need wingers and midfielders who can deliver the ball better to strikers to finish it. With that, we can secure a place in champions league next season. For defensive side, we gotta' wait for the FBs and Vermaelen to be back, and it should be no problem after that. I hope so
AKeegs19 (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Fulham your comebacks this season have been awesome keep up the W's!    Zamora GOTW

Kick4Life - changing lives through football