Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
As Everyone Knows Arsenal Need A Striker ASAP!!! So Who Do You Think We Should Buy??
Myself (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Keep in mind, AW will not buy a 30yr old striker, we don't have 30mil to spend on a striker, and we need a tall imposing striker that can play alone upfront.
So basicall, no Defoe type players, no Dzeko as he is too expensive, and obviously no Ruud Van Nistelrooy (too old)

My opinion is that we should buy Huntelaar, he is tall strong in the air, and he is comfortable as a lone striker (I think)
Jdb123 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I agree that we buy Huntelaar but I don't know bout him being comfortable as a lone striker  He is good at finishing as well
Comandert (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I would also say that AW doesn't want an older striker, knowing him he will probably pull an unknown player from no where and make him a superstar
Cnowupindisho (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Andre Pierre GIgnac perfect fit. Huntelaar is cup tied
Arsenal12 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
What do you guys think about Arsene Wenger making a move for Brazilian
Adriano? He is in top form being the highest scorer in the league and just helped Flamengo win the brazilian title

He is tall, good pace, strong, seems like he has all the qualities that we lack plus he is a free agent I believe and we can use him in Champions league

Arsene should make a move fast because word is that Roma, West Ham, and Man City want him
LeftHeadKick (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I think he'd be better suited at Roma. Just a tad too fast and physical in England. I'd like to be wrong about this though and see an old star tear it up again
Josima (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Adriano is perfect for all those reasons plus one more he has a lot to prove as do arsenal. He would come in and guys like bendtner would value the minutes they get on the pitch and make the most of it giving us a real hungry squad
Gunner95 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
We have been through this argument a thousand times before.
Yes, he is a great striker, but he has a couple of personal isusses and I think it would be a risk bringing him to the club. Especially because the moral in the club is so high right now, and I would hate to let that go
Ravilianer (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Alan Dzagoev from zska moskau. He is young and can learn a lot from AW
Zizou10 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I think Dzagoev is going to be over 15 mil. I don't think Wenger will exceed that
Stunna (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Gignac - BEST option  D. Villa - WET dream  Noone - reality
Vegascoaster (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I wish I knew more lesser known teams since I think that'll be the source of our next striker I would guess. He seems to find people that are young and off most people's radar. Chamakh is saying that he won't go anywhere in the January transfer window, but someone along those lines would be great
LeftHeadKick (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Gignac.... Or Balotelli if he can be purchased. Both would be best
Zizou10 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Gignac can be a good option but Balotelli with Cesc can be untouchable
Josima (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Check it out do you think theres any truth in it

Link: le-grove.co.uk/2010/01/20/wenger-absent-from-colne...
Amey014 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I don't think so...
Glenbo (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I think (don't laugh) Louis Saha is the best option short term.

Give hi ma 6 month contract and hope he stays fit.

Then in the summer grab Chamackh (spelling?) on a free.

Then in the summer buy Flamini back on the cheap, a young centreback and a better goal keeper
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Milito or Dzeko would be great buys, espicially seeing both having great seasons last season, they would like to keep it up and arsenal can really benifit either of the two players. Both great in the air and both can shoot well....

At this moment it would be nice for van persie to recover quickly. Its not like wenger to spend a lot of cash, he does well in the market withought buying big names, I ensure you arsenal will do will in upcoming weeks
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Dzeko or Huntelaar would be good buys

Dzeko is a great striker for Bremen, and a good you prospect around europe. He was even nominated for Uefa Team of the year.

Huntelaar is a great player sent off by madrid. Now not getting what he wants at Milan. A good player that wants away, and looking for a transfer
Amey014 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
As wenger does not spend in too much on players, the possibility of anyone arriving at arsenal is very rare.... Arshavin is the costliest we have taken in around 15m, so wenger will wait for the return of bendtner instead of bringing in a new striker, he is a shrewd manager and and whatever he does will be for the good of the club.... Keep the faith.... In arsene we trust.... !
Evoked87 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Dzeko, we're looking at over 20M valuation, we may have the kitty but Wenger doesn't have the appetite.

Chamakh, so much media, but coming or not? I don't mind.

Huntelaar, great profile. It'll be good to recruit him and get his consistency back.

Balotelli, it'll be a mistake for Inter to let him go, even if so, a moderate price tag is enough to deter Wenger.

The rest, simply don't see that coming. Bendtner coming back means we'll not dip into the market for a established striker? Quite likely. : ]
Mrmonolith (Arsenal) 4 years ago
What about that Guy from Leeds, Jermain Beckford? He's leaving at the end of the season apparently. Although if we get him it won't be till summer, and then he'd have to fight with RVP for a place

Kick4Life - changing lives through football