Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Arsenal V Southampton, Sep 15
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Arsenal looking pretty good, next weekend tie looking like a classic already.

Cazorla and podolski look class signings. Gervihno did well.... Arteta quietly keeping the engine running. He is a very underated cm. You guys didn't miss diaby that much.

Should be an interesting champions league tie, I'm sure all the good french players will be on display vs the french champions
Cloudst 2 years ago
Thing is montpellier are running on horrible form atm and have lost a key player recently (John Utaka). Really atm from what i've seen of montpellier they're worst than southampton. Very prone to counters falls right into our ball coure. I'm not saying this cause I'm an AFC fan (I watch ligue 1 too) but if you saw how montpellier played against a team who just go promoted it was embarrassing. This was at montpellier's home ground too and even belhanda said after the game he wouldn't be surprised if he scored a couple against them.

The fixtures after that though are gonna' define how we run as a club and very anxiously waiting to see how we do. (Montpellier will still be tough imo still even with their form)
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Did you misunderstand me? I mean YOUR good french players vs montpellier, I know their league form has been poor this year.

It seems the fashionable thing to do nowadays is play foreign players vs their countrymen, as in I expect diaby, giroud, gervinho (I know he isn't french but he played for lille), chamahk (again, I know....), etc to all play some role in the game
PaRa (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Podolski free kick goal was all class
Superfanof (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Podolski is f*****g underrated
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Not by us he isn't
OBIsquare (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Arsenal looks like they are mixing well. Podolski's free kick was just great. To hear that Southampton has scored in every game and against the top teams is a great positive for them even though they haven't a point this season. Best of luck to them the rest of the season
Dragoon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Who needs RVP when we have opponent's defenders to score for us?
AntiFutbol (Club Tijuana) 2 years ago
I am just glad Ramsey didn't score. Somebody would of died
Godspeedysick (Footytube Moderator) 2 years ago
I bet the goalpost knew that!
Matozil10 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Great game, love the way they combined. Cazorla and Poldi seems to mix well with the team play. Gibbs improving, Gervinho had a great game and Arteta as reliable as usual.

Credit to Soton, always had a go with big teams. Arsenal was complete? No, not yet. A couple of quality signings will do (st&dm) and the season still a long way to go
Desmo (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Szczesny cost me point for my sportal league. Grr lol good game Arsenal
ArsenalKeski (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Hard to say where Arsenal are. Podolski and Cazorla look good compensation for talent lost and we can usually rely on youth to bring something back. Wenger's eye can always be relied upon, Henrys and Fabregases don't grow on trees though. This performance shows our talent and our limitations. GK position isn't title winning, Mannone didn't mess up last couple weeks but he didn't look polished and we know Szec isn't perfect. CB is looking good and Gibbs and Jenkinson are a happy surprise thus far. We know our mid is good so let's keep finding the scoring options and see if we can find a trophy
Paulsito (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I think you are being overly critical and I think we will have to wait and see with our goalies. One mistake (this season) does not make a season and apart from one high ball I thought Mannone did in fact look polished. All keepers make mistakes at some point.

Henry is one thing but this team does not miss Cesc, Santi is just as good but a bit different,

If the 1st 4 games is something to go by, this team will be special
Dannymorales21 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Wilshire > cesc in terms of commitment and love for the club, i'd rather have a player like that on the field then someone who had his eyes elsewhere. Once wilshire comes back our midfield prolly the scariest in the league, wish we would have bought yaya toure long ago...
Invisibale04 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Gunner can create something special this.... Go gunners  
Oganesyan93 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Now tell me that free kick didn't remid you of Henry
Snitch (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Lets see what arsenal can next week
Duces14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
We shall see indeed
Lets see what City can do
AzziAznar (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Although this is a great start from Arsenal, the next few weeks will really find out how good this team is. By the way if anyone thinks that Montpelier will be an easy game on tuesday due to their bad league form you are sadly mistaken
This team is good, we should be able to look and see that from the first 4 games.

Liverpool and Southampton gave City a warm time and the latter United.
Jejaka96 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Lets be 'the invicible' again!
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Now this is the Arsenal I like to see! Job well done Gervinho finally showing some scoring ability, great game by Podolski and him

Kick4Life - changing lives through football