Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Arsenal V Manchester United, Jan 22
Shishir7290 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
An important victory for us after the City result. Arsenal were only good for a 15 min spell in the 2nd half. Valencia was top class. Horrible sub mistake by Wenger. Ox had a brilliant game and was their best player along wit the 2 CBs. Arsenal and Chelsea both have very poor sides of recent memory. Its a straight fight between them for 4th place
Kryptz (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Both clubs played well. When Arsenal looked like getting back in the game and trying for a win, Wenger subbed the best player on the field by far instead of subbing Walcott which didn't seem like he could even make a pass throughout a game
Soccerpolo25 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Like this times a million. What was he thinking?
EdTheFan (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
As a Spurs fan, it pains me to admit that Van Persie is without a doubt one of the best forwards in the world, and I think that it would be a huge disgrace to football if such a fantastic person like him, both on and off the pitch, fails to win a major trophy in his career.
Just by seeing his reaction after the Arshavin switch, you knew that it must really have been a foolish move by Wenger. Because RvP knew that the OX was the key to winning this match, or at least preserving the draw
Qrendi (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Jones nani owen flecher vidic ijerd carick rooney nocks OMFG ! And still 3 pts behind shitty up united
Kings (Arsenal) 2 years ago
We'r doin somthing wrong, devolping wise, look at barca, there players loook soo confterble on the ball, keeping the ball, pass and move or walking football look like it come naturly to them, yet arsenal players can't, evev though we av the same philosphy and devolpment style....
I think wenger should take a look at barcas training sessions, they do stuff like play keep ball with no goals involvd and pig-in-the-middle, this teaches players composer and how to love the ball.
I'd rather keep the ball fo 90mins then to hump it long for nothing only to conseed possion....
Sort it out arsen....
Troubletonight (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Kings, the issue here is technical, short passing, team-working and spacial awareness ability. All first team Barcelona players possess those attributes at a high level because they are naturally gifted and training further enhances this.

Most EPL players do not have such high quality attributes, and it only takes one or two players on the pitch to lack these attributes at a decent level to completely render the team below par. In Arsenal's case we always have a number of players that bring the team down as a whole, and always rely on potential talents because we cannot afford established talents
Shiwa (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I was seriously worried whenever Oxlade or RvP is holding possession, and that goal was great. Both teams had their chances, both could have scored more, after all the players looked really nervous being such an important match for both sides
Kings (Arsenal) 2 years ago
WHO ELSE thinks THT OX IS already 100 times better THN woolcock?  Vision, awareness, technical abilty, brain, you NAME IT, he's GOT IT...
Ox had a brilliant game and should not have been substituted, but I don't think he's better than Walcott yet. Walcott is also top class and when he's on good form, he is deadly with incredible pace and finish. I'm not sure why you are condemning Walcott, it's Arshavin that's problematic.

Arsenal and his legal team better tie Ox to a long term contract with a heavy buy out clause before the likes of City swoop in and we all know how that ends...
Fischi (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hm, ox had a few tactical errors in the first half, with running defensively instead of penetrating united's left full back. Could have created 3 big chances there. But, nevertheless, he was the biggest threat both for evra and jones/rafael
Well no, he wasn't suppose to play defensive and the whole team were rubbish in the first half anyways
Yellow (Arsenal) 2 years ago
His performances have outshone Walcott's in his last 5 years
Spartan (West Ham United) 2 years ago
One possitive for Arsenal is Ox Chamberlain! What a star he will be.... United were just united, Rooney should have done better. Anyway it's all baout Manchester Town! City or United
Manchester is a city not a town
Slashaxl99 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Why wenger doesn't play rio miyachi? That kid is absolutely wonderful...
Goooner04 (Western Sydney Wanderers) 2 years ago
He's played park once.  I don't get it.
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 2 years ago
He's probably too young that's why. Fergie didn't play Ronaldo either all the time when he was a youngster
[account-removed] 2 years ago
See. Ronaldo stands for (Copied Ronaldo).... Whoever comments negative on this is a twat.... Hehe
Kisho (Arsenal) 2 years ago
What is you point?
Masterboy (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I would sell that fkn idiot Nani. I love United but that guy destroys the good game. Looses the ball all the time with some stupid trick's. Anyway.... Credit to Arsenal, they played good. I guess a draw would be a fair result but we took our chance and we needed the win more then they did. Very good and solid game by both teams
Fischi (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Got a valid point here, masterboy. I don't think nani's style fits united. He holds the ball for long periods of time instead of playing the quick ball, and loses it more often than not. But, to give him credit, of the times he keeps the ball, he can be a real threat to every team
Evoked87 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Trade Nani for Sneijder?
I agree with you guys about Nanis selfishness on the ball, but he is certainly a key player in Utd squad and usually causes mayhem with his pace. Alex Ferguson would be crazy to offload him, if anything you should offload Johnny Evans, De Gea and possibly Valencia
Gomlee (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lol offload evans, de gea and valencia? De gea's just arrived and he's very young.... We all knew it might take him some time to settle, but SAF brought him to develop his game and become a future #1. That's a stupid comment, he's the most talented young keeper atm and got a great future ahead of him. Also, jonny.... The way I see it, he was a real contender a couple of seasons back to become a 1st choice in the starting 11. Sadly, some injuries, a lack of time on the pitch and his form has been on and off compared to the way he played a few seasons back. He's still a good loyal backup, especially the last two seasons with the amount of injuries we've had. But like I said, he still hasn't fulfilled his potential and goes lost when he plays now a days. Valencia though, huh? When on form, he's by far one of the best natural wingers in the league, and if you have watched his game lately.... He's always a threat 1v1, always looking to pick someone out in the box. He's just been on the sidelines for too long, but now he's starting to shine. Imo, he's far more impressive than what nani has been for the past couple of months. Also, valencia don't mind sitting out, he's ready to pounce when he gets his chance.... And that's the kind of players we want, trustworthy servants that knows they have to fight to retain a place in the squad. He's a good guy, and you can't deny his speed and willingness to attack on the right. Only downside as far as I can tell is he's only ever uses his right foot.... Far better player than walcott is any day though, and arshavin these days my god what a shadow of a player he is and the impact he's having lol. Probably lost you the game too. I'd say arsenals far more desperate to offload some dead meat than we are, we're fine. You have chamakh and arshavin to worry about, and they look like they've packed their bags already. Even benayoun and rosicky look out of place, the headache is on your part my friend
Venerican1 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Did anybody actually read this? ^^^
Obviously you didn't, but some might? Aimed at troubletonight anyway
Churchboy (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I read every word Venerican1. But that might be because I can read
Mekusamaba (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Shotgun buying Nani for 35 million. But we'll sell you Carroll first
Taj123 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Offload valencia. WHO has a goal AND an assist in the match? Nani Is Vital to the team. Imma say it again. Yoooooooooou the fans.... Or the Haters and SAF is the manager
Evoked87 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Bye bye Wenger...
Kramaster (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Dude he's your manager! He brought so much to the club and now you want him to leave? Sad...
Mharis (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Everybody in the Arsenal side has improved a lot, except Theo and Djourro. Ramsey, Koscielny, Chamberlain, Ignares, Coquelin all has been improved.
I was not able to see the 2nd half live but I literally don't understand why Theo was on the pitch till the very end of the game. He has done nothing in the 1st half and even so in the 2nd half (as the highlights suggests) yet he was there for full 90 mins and the best player 'Chamberlain' was substituted.

It didn't look that Arshavin has came as sub a sub in the match. He seems to be too tired in making defensive runs as if he was playing there from the beginning.

Arsene Wenger should try Miyachi and Park (at least they would give much needed support to Ramsey in the mid-field than Theo or Arshavin). Lastly I like to say, though Wenger has made tactical blunders but its time for Arsenal players to take the responsibility by themselves as well. They are well short in their commitments to win the game, unlike to ManUtd players
Soccerpolo25 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Theo, what's happened to him? Also, has Park gotten to play once this season?
Timai2 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Arsenal played better in the second half. RVP needs some support up front. He crossed the ball and nobody wasn't in the box. I feel so sorry for the Arsenal fans.... Damn! I wanted them to win or even draw.

Rooney was lost in this game and Nani was ineffective.

Owenwillscore42 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Are you kidding me? Nani was effective as heck!
Arsene wenger and arsenal self destructed and really only got themselves to blame, were in it with a shout in 2nd half. And mainly down to van persie and chamberlain combining, why wenger desides to take him off and replace him with misfit arshavin we'll never know how this could have developed. It's a massive blooper, almost as massive as van persie's missed chance. I can't say nothing but, thanks? I guess lol. Have to say though, we looked tired mentally. Arsenal was very average for big parts, and we performed pretty miserably imo. Mainly down to our indesisiveness on the last 3rd, also because nani didn't step up his game, and as usual him and rooney combines lovely to set us up. But that was missing, he had a horrid game. And Rooney suffered.... Valenca was the most threatening for us.... Big blow that Jones went off, that's what made us unstable on the left. Rafael didn't look comfortable for a second after coming on, was tormented defensively. But then again, so was djourou by nani. He got past, but after that he was plain rubbish with his decisions. Overall, I think the most fitting result would've been a draw, but we needed it most so we pulled a little out of the bag at the end. Great play though leading up to the goal, but I'm still a bit dissapointed with our play on the day. I have high expectations, and we easily could have scored a lot of goals if we were just a bit more clinical and had kept our heads. Lucky city got something out of the tottenham game, that was a real shame. I think tottenham showed strength, but in the end.... Defoe.... What can you say? I'd like to start a club for those that think defoe should be crusified and/or hung for missing that chance lol oh well

Kick4Life - changing lives through football