Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Arsenal V Fulham, Nov 10
OutMod (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Great Game !
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Schwarzer definitely saved Fulham's bacon- Arsenal should've won this match (despite the garbage defending), but well done to Fulham for persevering and struggling for the draw.

Imagine if Arsenal had Berbatov...
JimiPurcell (Arsenal) 2 years ago
We def should have taken him as part of the RVP deal
Aref85 (Fulham) 2 years ago
Viva Ashkan Dejhagah.... ^-^
Mahe186 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Walcott and giroud how many goals? When the front is good back gets rubbish and vice versa.... I got no idea how wenger said this team got potential and going to be title contenders? Match to match arsenal are getting worse.... lets hope some miracle happens in spurs game
KyleJacobson (Arsenal) 2 years ago
It's tough to watch the mentality on the field at times. Too relaxed when there is no reason to be. Games last 90 minutes so play for 90 minutes.

Is it too late to turn things around? No, but we're making it harder than we have to
Poppyfields (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Only Arsenal
Aguilas25 (Club América) 2 years ago
Your profile pic is awesome
Mastiff (Arsenal) 2 years ago
For all the talks about a great defensive start this season, and all the influence that Steve has had defensively on this team, we still continue to conceive easy goals from dead ball situations.

Manonne should have done better with the second goal.

And penalty is penalty. Could go either way.

Now for Arsenal's three goals - Glad for Giroud for getting two today but we should have taken three points today with the last minute penalty kick albeit couple of questionable decisions by the referee both ways.

To sum it up, just like today, I think this is going to be another frustrating season for Arsenal and its fans. Our downfall began with Gibbs injury. Agree or not, but that guy matters. Rock solid defender and a speedy winger come potential scorer. Talk about one player making the difference.

ArsenalismX (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Couldn't agree more on Gibbs's impact on the team.

Diaby can also make a difference.

Giroud looks like he can make every header a goal and everything else a miss.

We should surely keep hopes on Capital One Cup though. Better than not winning anything.
Mastiff (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Yeah dude Giroud is a great header I noticed. Sometimes I feel like he plays with his head only. If you notice, he clears any defensive corners with his head, scores offensive corners with his head and assists other players with his head. Especially those Goal Keeper kicks directed to him, he always always assists with his head to the nearby player with his sinister yet crafty flicks. I just wish God gave him 3 heads instead of 2 legs and a head. Then he would have been a great buy lol.

Also if he is inside the D, he shoots everytime the ball comes on his left leg. Pretty predictable
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Quoting what someone once said on footytube

" Berbatov, does half the work rate, but will still score more goals than Danny Welbeck at the end of the season" lol I agree!

From what I see so far, Berbatov plays smart and without running around aimlessly! Skill will always triumphs speed! And being skillfull requires one to know when to speed up and when to slow down!

Great comeback! The ref shouldn't have awarded that penalty just on the fact that he blocked the ball from Ruiz's pass! It all worked out well!
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 2 years ago
Look up Southampton's Le Tissier for a great comparison
Topshotta (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Lol. That was me who said that about Berbatov/Welbeck. As a neutral fan, seeing Berbatov playing 1-2's with RVP would have been amazing to see
Dungimmespam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
@Mt1234
Wow, I can't forget that man. One of EPL greats I gotta' say. Love his free kick, but gotta' say Zola's much better (yeah, I'm a bit bias towards my idol)
@Dungimmespam Any vid links?
Dungimmespam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Well, there's plenty of em' at youtube. I remember once Matt give credits to Zola for his FK skill. It was EPL Legends or something, let me have a search first
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
We already knew Ruiz and Berbatov are class!
Redasthedevil (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Great game by Berba. Poor defending on both sides though, especially Mannone, could have done much better on the first two goals
MarcStefan (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Does it bother anyone else when a scoring opportunity is seized due to a crucial assist, and then the scorer does NOT include the "assister" in the celebration?

I'm talking about Giroud's 69th minute header from the Walcott cross. Now, An argument could be made for whether it is more important to celebrate with the Assister (who created the opportunity) or with the fans (who you're really supposed to be doing this for).

I realize this is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but that always irritates me
Chargui (Arsenal) 2 years ago
The whole of the team was going back to their half putting the ball in the central spot, they wanted to keep pushing to get the win.
Giroud just celebrated a bit longer with the fans, if you watch a bit closer, noone comes to him to celebrate.
And if you watch the 1-0 celebration, Walcott congratulates Giroud and Giroud congratulates Walcott.
Your comment shows you've just watched this 5min highlight...
Lo0oK (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I'd say it also has something to do with the fact that he had just hit the post. Must have been a huge relief to score right after
MarcStefan (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Lol, Chargui is that supposed to make me feel poorly?

I know Giroud and Walcott celebrated together on the first goal, that's why my comment only made mention of the 69th minute goal, where that wasn't the case.

And I freely admit it; I DID only watch the 5 minute highlight.... I work for a living and can't watch the full match of every single team that I'd like to keep tabs on. LOL @ your attempted football-superiority
No it's not, just pointed out that you can't really make a statement like you did based on a 5min highlights, I don't try to make people feel bad on the internet, I work for a living too you know.

I was just saying that it's more like the whole team did not celebrate with Giroud, not Giroud who didn't acknowledge Walcott's pass
Stan182 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lollll.... What a waste of a penalty
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
It was a good penalty actually! Just a better save by the goalie!
You must have missed Berbatov's performance. What a waste of class last year.... Lollll
Macca51 (Luton Town) 2 years ago
Love Berbatov as a player but how the hell did he get away with the push for his header!
Most of headed goals after a corner are like that, no drama to be added there...
Arsenalordie (Arsenal) 2 years ago
When arsenal plays like s**t you know, because when they do play good they get 29013910 awesome votes for their performance
Nlst89 (RSC Anderlecht) 2 years ago
Arsenal stink!  Get some talent and don't only buy mediocre players for more than 20mil
Giroud (Arsenal) 2 years ago
So Mr Two-goals-lead-then-ruined-it.... We meet again...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football