Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Arsenal Chat
Realmcoy (Arsenal) 23 minutes ago
Haven't been here in a while. Kinda missed sharing opinions with sharp gooners Despite the fact our fan base is split, respecting ppl's views can still be fun.

So here's my piece for the upcoming season.... I really hope Ramsey does well enough in the Euros and the "dream" Spanish team he's been secretly admiring comes and puts up some good funds for his services. I felt like his inconsistency recently had the lamest effect on dudes like Theo, the Ox and Gibbs and I surely don't want that to mess with the upcoming young starlets like Iwobi, Chambers, Jeff, Willock and Bellerin. Le Coq and Jack have balls of steel so they're cool plus they are also key to our squad chemistry but unfortunately the other home grown players I mentioned earlier are tooooo inconsistent and I have a feeling Wenger prolly already has plans to move fwd without them.... Really hope he does tbh lol
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 21 minutes ago
Sharp gooners? Whatever you do don't look at the below conversations then. Not much sharpness there
Realmcoy (Arsenal) 8 minutes ago
Lol! Did that on purpose bro. Still hope this forum can always be a decent place to come to for sharing good gooner related stuff regardless
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 56 minutes ago
Lol How is Xhaka not our #34, he literally has the number tattooed on him.... We have trolled him😂
Sianinvincible (Arsenal) 1 hour ago
I don't know what you guys think but I like to keep Ox there have been link with several club like Leichester and Westham but to me even though he had a terrible season. I think he will improove this season
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 1 hour ago
Like we said every season before this season too😂😂😂
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 1 hour ago
Not good enough for top tier football. Similar to Zaha really...
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
Iwobi has adopted Alexis' old squad number 17

Love that for Iwobi, hard work has paid off and he's in the first team. Hasnt had the recognition like other breakout stars in the league because he picked Nigeria over England. Lad
Sjsung (Arsenal) 3 hours ago
Not sure if it's been reported already but Arsenal just confirmed that Xhaka will wear #16 after it was announced earlier that Ramsey will switch to #8.

Looks like Coquelin is standing up to his number and implicitly his starting spot next to Cazorla. Really excited to have quite a few quality midfielders to compete there now.

And of course, Sanchez will switch to #7 so that leaves #17 still open.

Open Numbers: #1? (Tex), #2? (Debuchy), #17, #18, #20, #22? (Sanogo)
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 3 hours ago
Make Bellerin no. 2 already.... Rumors all over the place about Cech getting no. 1
Cannon (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
Iwobi - 17. Congrats!
Chargui (Arsenal) 1 hour ago
Isn't Monreal 18?     Link: www.arsenal.com/first-team/players    Nobody with the n°9 lol
Morata 9
Pliz no
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 9 minutes ago
Oh yes 😂😂
Realmcoy (Arsenal) 7 minutes ago
Lol
Captain's List for next season?    Captain: Mertesacker  VC: Cech  3: Ramsey  4: Wilshere  5: Koscielny
I don't think they should give it to Merts for the sole reason I really doubt his going to hold his place these next 2 years. For a change I want a captain who will be ever-present in our lineup. I really think it should be Cech or Koscielny, but we all know the vice-captain always get's promoted to captain so...
There are lots of rumors that Koscielny will be given the captaincy. But I feel it will negatively impact his performances. Of course I don't know what he's like as a person but it doesn't seem to me that he's very vocal and I think he'd be burdened by the responsibility rather than thriving because of it
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
Seen those as well. I think it will depend on our transfer activity. If we are bringing in another CB to complement Koscielny then I think he will get it. But if we are not I think Wenger will do what he always does and promote the Vice
Wenger has shown that he doesn't necessarily need his captain to be a starter. Definitely will be Mertesacker. Cech as VC. I like Ramsey at n°3 really, he's one of the players with most appearances in the past seasons and one of the most ancient ones in the dressing room. Koscielny isn't vocal enough as Sjsung said
Philosophy (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
I really don't like the abuse Gabriel is receiving from some fans, yes he has had blips here or there, but I still rate him a good defender, and by the way this is just his first season with us, for some players it takes time to adjust to EPL. I remember people calling Monreal a donkey earlier on, but he eventually benched Gibbs, same with now captain Laurent Kos. Fans need to give new players space to adjust b4 they conclude if he is bad or not
LastGraspWinner (Arsenal) 4 hours ago
I agree, except it works for certain players (the abuse). As I recall, players like Cristiano and Messi thrive under criticism. Though in fairness, there aren't many players with such mettle these days
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 4 hours ago
There is no doubting that the potential is there for him to improve but his height and slender physique means that he might need to bulk up to be a success in the prem.... That might take a while.

Another thing is that, playing him and KOs together (another slender) defender means we are lightweight in CD. We need a strong defender to play along side Koscielny.

Wenger needs to realise that our CD is light weight.... Strikers with strong physiques will bully us over and over again.... Think Andy Carrol, Lukaku, Harry Kane, Drogba back in the day.

Sometimes the types of goals we concede against these kinds of strikers are laughable.... These strikers relish playing against us
Mertesacker is 31, Kos is 30, Gabriel is 25. It's not unnatural to see center backs peak late. Gabriel has plenty of upside from what I've seen and even if he doesn't fulfill that potential, he's still a decent backup. So I don't see why we would get rid of him or want him out.

Having said that, I don't think a bit more competition is necessarily bad. If we can find a good CB to give him competition, I'd try and look for one. Like TimidGunnar said, someone preferably that can deal with the "bigger" strikers. Priority is to find a CF though
Gabriel still has a good chance of nailing a spot. I don't want him to go cause it feels like Koscielny all over again with less own goals. Only difference is Gab shouts and barks orders to others in the squad even though they don't understand him. Let's judge him after 2 seasons. It's Mertesacker we should replace
Sianinvincible (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
The way I see is Gabriel havent settle in completely because of the language barrier. He seem like really confuse some time because he doesn't speak english. If I were him i'll learn basic english so you know he can communicate with other players also he need to baulk up. We do need a leader in CB though. When Gabriel is really settle in he show glimpse of brilliant he got speed, and he can tackle
Cannon (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
I have a feeling that Arsene is getting fed up with him already. There is a recent interview in which Arsene said there are still basic communication problems. After 1. 5 years
Gabriel is a good back up but I still prefer Mertesacker tbh. BFG brings leadership to the back line, something Koscielny seemed to be only beginning to take over this last season and not very comfortable with. Gabriel struggles with controlling his challenges and his stress management when under pressure mentally.

Ideally we would buy another CB, but I doubt it, since we still have Chambers coming up and Nacho who has helped there quite well when needed. That makes 4 to 5 players that can come in as CB.

The logic is probably to save those £€£€ for forward reinforcement.... Although van DIjk would be a dream signing as CB imo
Koulibaly is a dream signing chargui what a tailor made replacement for mertesacker
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 55 minutes ago
Koulibaly is black, tall and quick. With his name not being Mangala, and if he joins us, he automatically becomes the greatest CB the world has ever seen
Chargui (Arsenal) 9 hours ago
This whole Dani Alves leaving Barça story sucks for us as well. Bellerin can't be uninterested forever to join the dream team they have there at his hometown. They haven't got anyone near his quality there atm
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
His best friend, girlfriend and family all live in London. He recently just stated he doesn't wanna leave any time soon, and plus if we sell him, then we would really need a Rb cos we haven't got a replacement.

And I'm still assuming theyve got all our ex-players on their books still.

So this isn't gonna' a happen until after 5-6 years imo
GunzBlazing (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Arsenal players transferring to Barcelona hasn't worked out for a majority of them. I can only think of one person it worked out for: Henry. Bellerin himself said he's not going to Barcelona, so I'm taking his word for it. I'm not worried about it
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
The difference is unlike those guy's Hector won't face the same intense competition. The door is wide open. I just hope that cockney accent on him means his more integrated to the london lifestyle than Cesc was and really doesn't want to leave. This time I feel we will hold them off, but am very worried about them coming back in 3 years time if the replacement doesn't work out
Moe66 (Manchester City) 5 hours ago
His certainly not ready now but it will be hard to keep him from leaving in the future. Barca have the best players, it will only be natural for him to want to leave if the chance comes. That's why clubs invest heavily on top class players, so they can keep their current crop of stars and make them believe they are playing towards something and improving season after season. If you guys don't make it far in UCl and or win PL in the next couple of seasons, I don't see him sticking around
Diontan524 (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
Remember hummels? Cesc anyone? Anything can happen
Chargui (Arsenal) 4 hours ago
If I was them I would offer some good money for him, he would be a very similar replacement to Dani Alves. If they don't get someone to replace Dani Alves, they will probably come for Bellerin every summer...
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 11 hours ago
Raa we need a dominant central defender.... Bar Koscielny and Chambers who has potential the rest of our CBs are complete jokes.

Xhaka will be dominant in a few games.... And Wenger will end up playing him in defence ahead of Gabriel or BFG.

Wenger has track record of playing people out of position - Arteta, Flamini, Gilberto Silva, Sagna, Monreal, Coquelin.... Have all been played in CB.

Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 10 hours ago
Arteta and flamini never played CB neither did coquelin the hell are you smoking?
OMGClayAiken (Arsenal) 10 hours ago
And Sagna and Monreal only played CB out of necessity
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 10 hours ago
"track record"

You mean a necessity forced through injuries? People do it all the time, if your first choice players are unavailable you have to shuffle the pack. He only ever put other defenders or a defensive mid in as a makeshift centreback, it is not like he willingly and deliberately put Bergkamp at CB just because he's a dick
Threkstari (Arsenal) 10 hours ago
He deliberately played Juves winger as a striker for several seasons though. What a prick AW is
Coorperateeye1 (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
WTF did I just read! Lol Timidgunner are you crarzzzzy lol    Except ramsey I don't remember if AW played any1 out of pos
Deveus (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
How is Gabriel a complete joke?
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
He played them out of position out of necessity. Coquelin played at rb a few times not cb. Every manager at some point has played people out of position. Since your criticising him for that why stop there.... Why not criticize him for turning Henry into a striker from a winger
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
Coorperateeye1 - Calum chambers being played in midfield just to name a few!

Deveus - are you serious mate?

Lol why not critisize him for ruining careers as well.... Like Arshavin, Walcott, the OX, Carzola etc.... All careers ruined by being played out of position.

Shaymoose17 (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Guys, Theo at striker.... Waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of position!
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 6 hours ago
Threk well played LOL, not sure many people cottoned on to that one....

Tbh I stopped reading OP's post when he said bar "Chambers" and Koscielny.
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Haha Zilch stopped reading but yet comment.... I guess the Arsene Wenger's "I didn't see it syndrome" must have got to him too.

Lol Shaymouse - Theo is a 4-4-2 second striker.... If I Arsene Wenger didn't plan on playing him in that system then why even keep him at the club? He is just ruining his career by keeping him on the bench and playing him out of position!
Tomc22 (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
All bs aside in the post we do need a quality CB added over the summer.... Someone who is a guaranteed starter, Gabriel is a work in progress something Wenger should not rely on to win the league and challenge for champions league.... He will cost us points, 2, 3 years from now different story.... Kos was far from perfect in his first season.... Now he's captain
Gunnzo (Arsenal) 4 hours ago
Gabriel is definitely on the kos track. It's like watching kos from his first season. I'm confident gabs can iron out the little blips
Theo is not a second striker in a 4-4-2. He is a winger with some matchup specific strengths at ST. So I don't think he gets played out of position too often. Also, the fact he doesn't fit into our system perfectly allows us to have a Plan be.

I don't think Theo's careers been ruined by playing out of position but rather through injuries. If anything, I think he was well on track to take the Henry route to being a striker, but injuries have plagued him so badly
Threkstari (Arsenal) 3 hours ago
Tomc22. Wholeheartedly agree. We need a CB the likes of mertesacker. I just don't trust koscielny and gab partnership as they are both pitbulls
But Timid walcott wanted to be played as a striker. Your so right though.... Wenger should have dropped Ozil ages ago to accommodate Cazorla

Oh and Timid please enlighten us on Chamberlains best position.... I genuinely want to know
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 1 hour ago
No Timid I just realised there was nothing of intellectual gain to be had from your post. Saying Cazorla's career was ruined is just the icing on the cake. Clearly uou didn't watch this season at all. Do you even play football? FIFA doesn't count
Sianinvincible (Arsenal) 13 hours ago
Seem like Xhaka deal might not be the last deal, I really hope we get Mahrez, Kante and Moratta. Moratta seem like it's going to be a really though one to get through because of Madrid clause thing I really hate them
Diontan524 (Arsenal) 12 hours ago
So as mahrez and kante. Everybody come knocking
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 6 hours ago
Yeh I hate Madrid too, all they've ever done for us is sell us one lousy CAM...
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
I thought the plan was Madrid get him back so they sell him to us for a higher fee
Diontan524 (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
What if RM buy him back and we are no longer interested? Morata is still behind benz
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 3 hours ago
Why waste money on morata anyways.... He is light weight. Lukaku is our guy!
Threkstari (Arsenal) 3 hours ago
Diontan. I really don't think RM will move an inch without us committing on paper (and part of the xfer fee) to buy him off their books...
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 1 hour ago
Lukaku LOL, best laugh I've had all day. Absolutely terrible player. Winner of the most offsides of any striker ever. Laziest player in any team
Gunner3 (Arsenal) 17 hours ago
This is an interesting article. The 2 biggest differences in Ozil have been his diet and training. He even admits he used to be lazy with training and soley reilied on his talent (which was obvious to most). I think Wenger benching him his second season changed everything.

Link: metro.co.uk/2016/05/26/arsenal-midfielder-mesut-oz...
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 16 hours ago
I don't remember Wenger benching him.... Feels like ozil started every important game when available
Coorperateeye1 (Arsenal) 16 hours ago
Me too lol
Filsuf (Arsenal) 15 hours ago
That's funny 'cause his best football was played during his early Madrid seasons before the diet change
Coorperateeye1 (Arsenal) 15 hours ago
@Filsuf wrong this season he was better. If we had suarez or huiguan, he would have scored 30 plus assists!
DaniPak (Arsenal) 14 hours ago
I think Ozil was much better player this season than he was in Madrid.... I also don't remember him getting benched in second season, he was injured but not benched
Tomc22 (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
I do remember Ozil not starting against Man City (we won 2-0 - great tactics from Wenger at the time). Granted he was pretty fresh coming back from injury but that surely would irk a quality player not to feature in such a ground breaking win...
LastGraspWinner (Arsenal) 4 hours ago
The one and only reason why Ozil was so good at Madrid was because they play a fast counter attacking game with lethal strikers. Opponents just cannot deal with his quick thinking and the speed that Madrid strikers go at. We don't play the same game, yet Ozil still thrives. We really should do counter attacks. Ozil and Alexis would rape almost every team in the EPL
Godspeedysick (Footytube Moderator) 18 hours ago
Chelsea's forum seems to be quite the empty house. Is the signing of Conte that underwhelming? Or, is Mou to United a more depressing situation.

Call it as you will but a manager they respected and supported for years moved on to another EPL club. Seems a stab in the back to me but maybe I was expecting a bit more 'class' from him
Foxinthebox (Arsenal) 17 hours ago
Class and mou? They both are class apart
DaniPak (Arsenal) 17 hours ago
Well he got sacked at the end of the day from Chelsea again.... If I were Mou I wouldn't really care about if its in EPL or somewhere else.... I wouldn't blame any manager if he got sacked and goes to a rival team...
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 16 hours ago
There best midfielder ever moved to city, they sacked their greatest ever manager twice, they sold their greatest GK to us.... Of course they would be depressed lmao
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 16 hours ago
Choosing to go to work is not showing a lack of class. Chelsea fired him they have no right to be upset. Was he supposed to reject a good job just because it would upset people at his old job. They should just move on
Coorperateeye1 (Arsenal) 16 hours ago
Mourinho is a professional guy. Once ibra said "Mourinho knows how to treat you as a footballer but anclotti knows how to treat you as a person". For him its all about football results and his career
Shaymoose17 (Arsenal) 15 hours ago
Mourinho show class? Haha      Hahahah    Ahhh ****
Surajloks12345 (Tottenham Hotspur) 7 hours ago
They all just need a break after a genuinely depressing season for them. I am sure they will be back calling themselves the 'pride of London' by the time the next season kicks off
Gunn3r (Arsenal) 20 hours ago
Does anyone know the case behind Joel Campbell? There is talk that he maybe leaving this summer. Not to the fact that he's not good enough or has the potential to be a first team player, as we saw he is capable in playing in our squad and in the PL and score more goals than Theo in such a short time. But the problem is with his representatives, is this true? Kinda like Radamel Falcao & Brazilian Hulk? Third party percentage ownership? Anyone know on Campbells situation? Thanks
Tech (Arsenal) 20 hours ago
Remember when we brought back jens lehman in 2011 a couple of games that was such banter
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 18 hours ago
Kim Kallstrom ahhhh the banter era :')
Filsuf (Arsenal) 15 hours ago
Why was it such banter
Tech (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
Because he was like 41 or something any everyone was taking the piss on twitter
Arsenal718 (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
Kim k was class
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 20 hours ago
Arsenal are Holding hands with Bolton *wink*wink*
Tech (Arsenal) 20 hours ago
Bolton finished bottom of the league LOL I don't think we should sign one of their defenders

Kick4Life - changing lives through football