Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Arsenal Chat
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 55 minutes ago
Rio Ferdinand reached out to AW if we wanted to sign him in 2014 but AW had no interest
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 27 minutes ago
Should've of took him tbh. Need a waterboy
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 1 hour ago
Lacazette out for 3 months well we sorta dogded a bullet :/
Philosophy (Arsenal) 33 minutes ago
Wow where are the fans that were deriding Wenger for not buying him now smh😱😬
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 3 hours ago
Almiron could be done but he could stay AT lanus on loan if he can't land a WP WITH US
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 1 hour ago
Shh you know nothing young child. Let the men tell the transfers
Deveus (Arsenal) 1 hour ago
How does this WP bullshit work? It baffles me that professional footballers have WP problems
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 55 minutes ago
Basically work permit rules only apply to arsenal cos all the other clubs can sign unknown players without needing them.

And its to do with how many games they have represented their national team for. I think it should be like 40% of the last 15 games or so
Thierry14henry (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
Ha credit to the way arsenal played over the weekend! Noticing a few player getting that confidence back in their game - notably Theo Walcot. My gawd, it's like Night and Day. If he keeps fit he can have the best season of his career.
Filsuf (Arsenal) 4 hours ago
Ramsey will reclaim that RW spot in no time
Shaymoose17 (Arsenal) 3 hours ago
No he won't. If theo keeps this up then Ramsey has to be a sub or wait til Santi dips in form. Rambo Imo is no shoe in @ arsenal with our players fully fit. Most likely though the players will be rotated
Moe66 (Manchester City) 2 hours ago
I'm surprised with Theo, his killing it on the RW right now. It might be because he knows theirs no room to screw up. Ox looks like his going to be challenging Theo this season and he doesn't have the ST position to fall back on now, with Arsenal moving for a striker. He has no options but to play like beast every week.

With Ramsey, his facings stiff competition. Xhaka and Santi offer more in attack, Santi is the heartbeat in MF, can't displace him. Coq and Elneny are better defensive players than Ramsey and if Wilshere stays fit somehow, he would get picked ahead of Ramsey. Ramsey is a good player but he would only be picked in rotation or injuries
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
I think right now RW is Theo's to lose. If he keeps playing like he has been recently neither Ramsey nor Iwobi will take it from him. Theo's pace and the fact that his always making runs in behind will always make him more suitable to RW than the other two who prefer to go towards the ball. But I think the main issue apart from form will be how Wenger expects the opposition set up against us
Gunnzo (Arsenal) 1 hour ago
I think Santi may never get back the fitness he had before the knee injury- it will be key to not overwork him this season so wilshere, elneny, and ramsey will get plenty of time to play. Likewise, Walcott and Ox will likely have injury issues this season and wilshere and ramsey can both slot in on the wings. Coquelin may see the biggest reduction in playing time as I think an elneny-xhaka duo will be sufficient to closing out games
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
Arsenal are very close to conclude a deal for 22yo forward Miguel Almiron from Lanus - fee around €9. 4m

Ermmm yay? What am I on about. We just signed the next messi lads
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
Somebody once told me that its embarrassing to believe every rumour you read or hear!    Banter checkmate!
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 4 hours ago
Tut tut Timid, that is something which is true for all of you peasants. Me on the other hand have never gotten a transfer wrong except Mahrez, vardy and probably a couple more, but those were just 'tests'.

So yes we will buy this guy cos why the f**k not
DaniPak (Arsenal) 3 hours ago
Xgooner4everX your DP is prove to that? Hahaha
Shaymoose17 (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
Ozil's first assist of the season.... Mustafi
Gunn3r (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Https://youtu.Be/cAS2_G5k2WI?T=1m38s
VladZZZ (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
Did AW get a rhythm?

.... Despite Wenger saying they would then be quiet during the final three days of the window, Tuttomercatoweb claim Arsenal are trying to sign Lanus midfielder Miguel Almiron.

The Italian website says talks are ongoing between the two clubs over a quick deal for the Paraguay international.

Arsenal are said to have tabled a £9. 4m bid and negotiations are continuing with Lanus hoping to receive £11. 1m for the attacking midfielder.

Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 8 hours ago
He wants to take Arsenal's spending to 100 million 😂😂😂😂
Gunn3r (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
I can't see Arsene going for Miguel.... Looks like another future failed signing
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
Callum Chambers to Middlesbrough      Fantastic news imo, PL club and will most likely play all games
Arsenal718 (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
I wouldn't say him starting every game is likely at all
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 8 hours ago
Atleast he can learn to position himself better Karanka is a great coach to learn from
Riglore (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
That really is great news, but he is gonna' need to have a good season and come back with a lot of runs on the board if he is gonna' find a permanent starting place, it looks like there are fair few in front of him at the moment. Great opportunity and the best thing for his development though. Stoked
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 9 hours ago
Chelsea are set to splash £21million+ on former Bolton defender Marcos Alonso (via the Telegraph)

I'm guessing they put all their eggs on Koulibaly and Rudiger(before injury) cos this came out of nowhere
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 10 hours ago
Weltmeister @MustafiOfficial wechselt zum FC @Arsenal und zu @MesutOzil1088 in die @premierleague: https://t.Co/KIyUBoNpsX #DieMannschaft

Basically the German national teams Twitter account has announced the transfer before Arsenal
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 9 hours ago
Teammanager Arsène Wenger bestätigte den Wechsel von Mustafi und von Lucas Perez (Deportivo La Coruna).

They are referencing AW as the confirmation.
According this link,

"Es war ein hartes Stück Arbeit, es gibt keine Pläne für weitere Transfers", sagte Wenger.

Translates to "it was hard work, there are no plans for any further transfers"

TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
Deffy Sprichst du deutsch?
Filsuf (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
This transfer window is weird for Arsenal.com as its no longer the first place a new signing becomes official
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
@Timid, manchnal aber nicht einwandfrei.    Bist du Deutscher?
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 3 hours ago
@ Deffy - Neh bro ich bin Englander aber ich lebte in lebte und gearbeitet in Frankfurt zwischen Jahr 2011 - 2014.

Aber sehr gut! Ich denke du bist Irlander?
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 43 minutes ago
Nein, bin auch Engländer ich hatte Deutsch an der Universität studiert und 9 Monate in Niedersachsen gewohnt/gearbeitet.

Where in the UK are you from?
VladZZZ (Arsenal) 11 hours ago
Granit Xhaka Stats vs Watford

87% Pass Accuracy
62/71 passes
5 Ball Recoveries
4 Successful Tackles
3 Clearances
2 Interceptions
2/2 Aerial duels
2 chances created

Https://www.Facebook.Com/arsenalonlinepage/videos/677185272437249/
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 11 hours ago
Rob Holding stats next! The boy did good!
I think in the first half Holding had 100% passing accuracy, and that was with this outrageous pass that made it to Ozil
VladZZZ (Arsenal) 10 hours ago
RH 29 passes, 100 pct completed. He was solid having Kos around.
Not very welcome news for Mustafi though, who may have to start at the bench.
This again confirms how crazy transfer market goes: 2 mio vs 35 mio signings - price difference does not reflect the class difference. Rather the squeeze the buyers are in
Holding can play alongside Kos, and as well as Mustafi.... He also can play RB too so he cover loads of positions. Early days but atm AW has pulled an absolute gem, and who also is English for peanuts
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 10 hours ago
Vladzzz, I agree. The irony is, this is the exact transfer mentality that earns Wenger such criticism.

He actually asked a reporter "if I buy you for £45m, have I done my job well? Because I have spent the money.... "

It's a fair point, really. Price is not synonymous with quality, only a reflection of the economic situation.

However, I think Mustafi will bench Holding just because he is more experienced and, despite his early signs of promise, Holding is too raw to be relied upon for a title challenge
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
Judging from Holdings performances it would unfair to bench him. Based on form alone he should play ahead of Mustafi for now. Mustafi is not match fit and hasn't played in a while.

@deffy players are worth 40mil for a reason. You spend 40 million you expect proven quality.... Look at Özil.

But if you buy young players who only played first team football for 6months then fans and media have a right to question you. Look at Chambers, he had a great start at Arsenal and then the wheels fell.... Lol even Sanogo, Campbell.

Point is, when you buy young players it's a gamble and the chances of that gamble paying off is minimal
Riglore (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
For every Ozil there is a Di Maria. Dollars is no guarentee of quality, though of course top quality costs top dollar
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
Top dollar players tend to succeed more than cheap gambles.... There is a reason why that is the case.

Plus Di Maria was class last season! Lol one off-season to adjust to a new league is hardly failure! That just goes to show that he wasn't given game time by Van Gaal. If Wenger took the same approach after his first season then Ozil would have been sold too after his first season
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 7 hours ago
Di Maria has been dreadful so far this season
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
The two players will meet in the Champions league pretty soon. We will see who's the better player in those games.

Ozil will be looking for revenge - or rather to prove that he's the better player - cos Ancelotti chose Di maria to stay at real over Ozil
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
Mangala £32m
Koscielny £8m
Kompany £7m

Carroll £35m
Giroud £12m
Vardy £1m? Whatever he cost from Fleetwood.

Depay £32m
Mahrez £0. 5m

Price does not always reflect quality. It is true that quality often costs more but it is a fallacy to argue that someone may be less of a player because they cost less.

TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
The point I was making was that.... If a player is worth 40mil, it is because he has proven himself year in year out to be a quality player I. E Ozil proved himself for 4 years at Real madrid as so did Angel di maria. The price tag has nothing to do how he performs at his new club.... The price tag represents the the selling clubs valuation of the player, this valuation is based on the player's performance over the years. When the buying club looks to buy a player, they buy him based on the quality he's shown over the years.

Basically when you buy such a player - who has performed at a higher for years - you know what you are going to get; the fans too will know the player and the quality he brings, so in this case the manager doesn't get criticised or questioned on the signing he makes.

The quote from Wenger about 45mil players you posted was a response to reporters questioning his acquisition of Rob holding. He responded that people doubt Rob holding signing because he didn't cost 45 mil.

Well people were right to question Rob Holding signing, he was a youngster who had played only 6 months of first team football in the championship, and he was expected to come play regularly for a top team like Arsenal. Arsenal were in desperate need for a CB when we signed him, and While he has done well so far he lack the experience to last a whole season.

Especially, when Calum Chambers another youngster who was bought under the same circumstances and has not succeeded at Arsenal
Chargui (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
TimidGunnar you say that if a player costs 40M, he has proven himself year in year out, which is factually not true.

There are numerous examples of players who were paid a lot of money without having proved to be worth such amounts. They can be hyped, or young, or both, or whatever reason the market can go crazy for.

Now those players can turn out great, or they can be flops. Carroll was a flop, Bale turned out great, James was great now pays for a tactical change, etc. The same can happen when you buy young or cheaper players. In the end it's a matter of choice between two kind of signings. Tbf AFC have done a bit of both in the last few seasons.

Now of course the best players in the world will cost big money and most likely deliver. But even Real Madrid can't just go and buy the best player for every position (they tried, didn't work out so well in the long run with the galacticos). And of course buying only cheap players won't get you to the top (we've done it during the trophy drought period). That is what you are saying, it is obvious, fair enough.

But most signings, the overwhelming majority of signings, are in between those options. Its all about paying the right price for the quality you're getting. It's far from automatic that when you pay a high fee you get quality. And buying proven or quality players can be cheap, that's why you pay your scouts for actually.

In the end I can't believe you think that spending big will guarantee you quality. Tbh you sound like Michael Owen or a The Sun journalist. Just look at the money spent by Liverpool in the last 10 years...
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 4 hours ago
Memphis was 25 million, where did you get 32 from? Not a bad price for potential these days. At the moment of course not looking like a good investment
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 4 hours ago
"best players in the world will cost big money and most likely deliver" that was the point I was making!

Best players cost big money cos they have proven year in year out to be the best players, so the chances that they will deliver when signed by a new team is high.

But then again the valuation of a player and that delivering at new club are different things. Diffent factors play a role as why players don't deliver at new clubs. For example, Andy Carrol was superb at Newcastle, HIS performances at Newcastle merited his price tag. He regularly scored against big and small teams. When he went to Liverpool he started great but then got injured, when he recovered Daglish was fired and the next manager didn't fancy to fit his style of football.

So you can't say he failed cos his price tag was high.... He failed cos he didn't fit into Brendan Rodger's system
ArsenalHero520 (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
Plus Carrol is 6'4" so he must be amazing!
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 1 hour ago
Well at least Carroll can score hat tricks and winning goals against big teams unlike Giroud so of course he's amazing.

Us Arsenal fans we can't really trash Carroll since he's mugged us off so many times. It like us mugging off Man Utd and they throw the 8-2 in our faces
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 37 minutes ago
Hope you're still reading this page now

I think there are plenty of examples of players who have not earned their price tag and the selling club are using the current financial situation as an excuse to extort the buying club.

Just look at Benteke, he cost Liverpool £32. 5m after a solid season at Villa but after 2 years of absolute stink they moved him on and managed to recoup almost all of the fee. His performances certainly didn't warrant another £30m transfer but the economic state of affairs kind of forced that valuation on the buying club.

@sif - maybe I'm confusing myself, I was sure I read £32m. Perhaps that's the € figure instead of GBP?
Riglore (Arsenal) 13 hours ago
I absolutely sick of football players spending 5 minutes hamming up thier injury. Its pathetic. I can't imagine letting my opponents think they've hurt me, let alone exaggerating it. This game.... Its losing me
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 15 hours ago
Great comparison by Wenger on Xhaka...He really is similar to Petit

Link: www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160828/-the-ar...

Btw Word on Joe Hart is that he could join Sunderland
Diontan524 (Arsenal) 12 hours ago
What a step down for hart if that's true
Gunn3r (Arsenal) 19 hours ago
Arsenal made in Japan.... Ohhh yeahhhhh

Link: media.gettyimages.com/photos/arsenal-unveil-new-si...
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 20 hours ago

Kick4Life - changing lives through football