Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Arsenal Chat
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 6 minutes ago
So the guy at Eurosport who reported this Mahrez/Arsenal story is the same person who released the Kanté to Chelsea one
SKool (Arsenal) 14 minutes ago
Preliminary squad for the game against MLS All-Stars

Link: news.arseblog.com/2016/07/arsenal-announce-prelimi...

Goalkeepers: Petr Cech, David Ospina, Emi Martinez

Defenders: Hector Bellerin, Calum Chambers, Mathieu Debuchy, Gabriel, Kieran Gibbs, Per Mertesacker, Nacho Monreal, Krystian Bielik, Rob Holding

Midfielders: Santi Cazorla, Francis Coquelin, Mohamed Elneny, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, The Jeff, Chris Willock, Jack Wilshere, Granit Xhaka, Gedion Zelalem

Forwards: Theo Walcott, Alex Iwobi, Chuba Akpom, Joel Campbell
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 32 minutes ago
Mahrezs fee will be 41. 5 mill.... Our second most expensive signing if it goes through

Sanchez-Ozil-Mahrez

Only trio that can trump this are the la Liga giants imo

Though they have WC strikers, and we still need one lol
SKool (Arsenal) 25 minutes ago
And on top, we have Giroud ......

SKool (Arsenal) 1 hour ago
Lol wow, and this just happened. False Alarm on Mahrez

Ed Aarons
Riyad Mahrez's agent has denied there is any interest from Arsenal in player despite reports in France today

Https://twitter.Com/ed_aarons/status/756794524534439936
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 39 minutes ago
Bro that guys already been proven wrong ahahaha his agent denied to comment on the reports, he didn't deny the transfer
Oh Wow.

Gonzalo Higuain has signed contract until 2020 with Juventus. His wage will be 7,5M€/season. Soon Juve will pay release clause to Napoli

Gonzalo Higuain has had medicals with Juventus, yesterday in Madrid! And he has signed his contract until 2020

Https://twitter.Com/FabrizioRomano/status/756793308307914752

Https://twitter.Com/FabrizioRomano/status/756792549176729601
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 1 hour ago
Holy crap, Juventus has paid Higuain release clause and has done his medical....

Pogba gone then

But dayuuuuuuum Juventus want that UCL
I'm soooo glad can we just get Lacazette for half that lol
That also means that Wenger knew about Pogba yesterday in his presser lol
SKool (Arsenal) 59 minutes ago
Lol Seria A gonna' be dead. Juve has to win the UCL, no excuses
Malik (Barcelona) 41 minutes ago
Well if Juve wants to win champions league then I don't think paying €94m for Higuain will help them a lot gotta' feel for Mundukic he goes and perform decent and then get cast away, though Juve will keep him as back up for Higuain and Dybala.

BTW Seria A organizers should just hand over trophy to Juve already. At this point there is more chance that Bundesliga will be won by someone other then Bayern then chance of any other Club winning Seria A.

I can also confirm that we practically stole suarez from liverpool for 82M Euros
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 36 minutes ago
Yeah Barca have done a bloody good job on Suarez
SKool (Arsenal) 23 minutes ago
This is quite maddening, club cursed when it comes to transfers.
Malik (Barcelona) 7 minutes ago
Interesting to see if Juve will get same amount of hate as Bayern got for their delling with BVB, Juve bought two of Seria A best players from both of their strongest rival, Higuain & Pjanic.

Also this is what De Laurentiis said couple of days back after meeting Marotta.

"Juventus have told me today that they are not going to pay the clause"

"I'm convinced that Juventus are a club with class and won't interfere with that, or they'd become a very unpleasant club. "
Tony Adams has rejected our role to work with u-18s to go to China.... Wtf is wrong with our legends lol  
Tech (Arsenal) 1 hour ago
Not much he probably isn't that well off compared to the legends like henry so if he can make a s**t ton of money in china it's probably the right decision
Good luck to Adams at China. Nothing wrong with it imo, just move on. No disrespect to the u18s, but if a manager has a chance to manage a pro team, then why not. U18s and u21 are always gonna' be stepping stones to big things, for club and managers.

Adding on, adams had spells at azarbaijan, iirc. He wants to be a manager, so let it be
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 16 minutes ago
Legends gotta' eat too bruh
SKool (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez has accepted an offer to join Arsenal.

Arsenal are understood to have made an offer to the player directly & he has accepted it.

Arsenal will now make an offer worth around €50m for Mahrez. Leicester will not block the move.

@gffn via Eurosport FR
Diontan524 (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
Nah rumor
His agent was at the game yesterday too

Like said if we couldn't get Mkhitaryan, which we didn't lol, Mahrez was my next option, so I would be delighted of we get this through

Note: look at arsenals website of Holdings signing. On the bottom it's says, more incoming transfers lol
Mahrez was always my first option I think he is so special I haven't seen many player who can change direction as quickly as he can
Mikhitargaryen (Barcelona) 1 hour ago
Yeah he is definitely special i'd say at the same level or better than mikhi but could also be a one season wonder which has got to do with maintaining his fitness levels rather than a question of his talent

Leicester will be mad to reject a £50m offer for him. Not sure why it's quoted in € between two English clubs
Really hope this move happens, because we do need better wingers than what we have in the squad, besides sanchez. Definitely a big upgrade than walcott. But even then its all about squad depth too, if possible we should be able to field 2 XI of at least equal strengths.

Adding to that, hope we are still in for a striker lol, no wele for half of the season and only giroud and sanogo, oh god. With the icardi naughty past (lol), i'd still have him in
We need to get rid of walcott he is completely done at 27 and already starting to decline badly mahrez is a huge upgrade
We might still keep him, just because of the homegrown rules. Lol. Ill still give him a chance, but with caution
Godzarmyofangls (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
Do you guys really see wenger spending 80mill on Higuain? I hate reading all these rumours!
Mikhitargaryen (Barcelona) 1 hour ago
Nah I doubt it; he is not worth half that after seeing his misses in the World Cup final and the cops America serial choker iguana
YungGunner (Arsenal) 9 hours ago
Impressed with Gnabry today, his potentials are still there. I don't understand why we sent him to West Brom last season, a team that's managed by former Stoke City manager.... Smh
Philosophy (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
He just returned back from injury and we had ox, welbeck, joel, theo, and alexis all fit. Wenger theorized he won't be get much playing time so he loaned out to regain fitness and plus experience he lost during his long injury lay off.

Unfortunately he arrived at West Brom overweight and unfit, and Tony Pulis was not having it and was not going to wait, he wanted a ready to go player and Gnabry was not ready, so Pulis put him aside and focused on his fit squad.

For me Gnabry is better than ox, he is stronger physically, holds the ball better, runs with the ball better without losing it a lot, defensively better, better accurately shooting the ball, and better reading the game. Unless Ox improves in all this areas this season to change my mind, I won't mind Wenger selling him off and replacing Ox with Gnabry
Sjsung (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
Yeah Gnabry's injury set him back a season or more especially since the loan spell didn't pan out. But a season lost isn't all doom and gloom. If he can pick up again where he left off, I'd put him ahead of anyone else for making an Iwobi-like breakthrough into the first team this season
YungGunner (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
I don't think Gnabry is stronger than Ox physically, but I agree Gnabry has more dribbling and skills, while Ox is a direct player; he takes the ball and run, and not many people can catch him, his speed and strong body are his best strengths.

Gnabry is behind Ox for me, Gnabry is still raw and inconsistent. He will have to get regular football to break into our first team. If I'm being honest, I don't believe he'll make it into our first team, it would take a miracle
YungGunner (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
I don't think Gnabry is stronger than Ox physically, but I agree Gnabry has more dribbling and skills, while Ox is a direct player; he takes the ball and run, and not many people can catch him, his speed and strong body are his best strengths.

Gnabry is behind Ox for me, Gnabry is still raw and inconsistent. He will have to get regular football to break into our first team. If I'm being honest, I don't believe he'll make it into our first team, it would take a miracle
Realmcoy (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
Gnabry can make it into the first team especially if Walcott doesn't reach the peak form he limits himself to which is more unlikely than anything else imo. He's a little bit behind the Ox and J. Campbell of course but with likes of Iwobi making such decent strides in the 1st team and Jeff coming up fast, then it could certainly be a possibility for Serge. One top striker to add to our strike force for me and all of our young gunz could have a shot at a grand season.... Except for Walcott
Sjsung (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
Ox is a more direct player, like Wilshere. Likes to gets his head down and run.

Iwobi is more of a passer and likes to share the ball and create space.

Gnabry is a bit of a hybrid between the two. He can certainly dribble but he can pass too. But he's a year behind Iwobi and two or three years behind Ox. This is the season for him to catch up if he wants to make it here. But he has both Iwobi and Ox's dimensions of the game, which for me means he has a higher ceiling as a winger
Realmcoy (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
I loved that Wenger moved him centrally with Campbell earlier today in the last 15 mins or so, it seemed like that moment of quality between the both of them to me showed more dominance centrally than Akpom and Walcott when they played there.... And despite the fact that its the 1st game of pre-season, Gnabry showed me something that I needed to see. It was lovely to say the least
GUNNERPERA (Arsenal) 9 hours ago
Mertesacker says no decision has been made on captaincy yet.

This makes me think if the reason why is because of the posibility of bringing another defender and Wenger doesn't want his captain on the bench anymore...
Sjsung (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
I'm guessing he'll announce it the week before Liverpool. Only when everyone is back in training / has had time to come back together and train a bit
Gunnzo (Arsenal) 4 hours ago
Rob holding was given #16 which means he's seen as a first team player. Doubt we will bring in another central defender
SKool (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
Potential captains, imo. Just the top of my head.

Cech, Kos, Per(if a starter), Santi, Ramsey ()

Would go for a Cech and Kos with captain and vice captain, respectively. Though Per Merts should captian be due to line of succession, but worried if he'll start most games or not
Sianinvincible (Arsenal) 15 hours ago
So England will go from Liverpool manager Hogson to Westham Sunderland type manager Alardyce haha I hope they qualify for the WC let a lone getting into quater final
GunzBlazing (Arsenal) 15 hours ago
What a sweet goal from OX
Arsenal718 (Arsenal) 13 hours ago
Get that boy some dip for the chip
YungGunner (Arsenal) 15 hours ago
WHAT A GOAL BY OX!
SKool (Arsenal) 15 hours ago
Woow, sweet chip by the Ox. 1-1

Kick4Life - changing lives through football