Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Arsenal Chat
Chargui (Arsenal) 1 hour ago
After 6 games we can make some better educated guesses about who will be fighting for the title or not.
I'll say it right now, this is obviously a bit of a stretch because it's very early and this league is as unpredictable as ever. But hey, it's fun to make predictions and I will nail this as I so often do

City: we sensed they could turn into a monster rather quickly, we hoped they would struggle at first. Well, sh*t. It already looks like it's their title to lose, even though they started just as good last season and crumbled in the end. I do think they will do better than last season so to me, they are title favorites and will be top 2 no matter who wins it in the end. Our games against them will be crucial probably.

Spurs: Typically, they'll challenge for the title and then for top 4 as the season goes. Relegated in two years time hopefully.

Afc: Let's hope our season is under way now. 4 consecutive wins, including against Chelsea, lots of depth and quality, a good balance between youth and experience, we look as solid defensively as we've looked for a long LONG time.... For once I really think we're up for a season-long title challenge. Maybe I'm biased but it's the first time in a very long time that I think we're so close to be title favorites. We're right behind City imo. We still need to prove even to ourselves that we can be that consistent during the whole season.

Liverpool: BIG question mark to me. They seem too inconsistent though.... They can beat anyone but look like they could lose points against anyone as well.... Are they capable of producing a season-long run for the title? I can't see them win it for some reason and they will have to fight hard all season.

ManU: lacking consistency for a title run imo. Huge offensive players and a decent defence, it would be a huge blow for them to miss top 4 though. Their attack is really a nightmare for everyone else but they lack some balance with their defence. Pogba could quickly become one of the best in the league, let's hope he struggles as long as possible. His link with Ibra will be a joy to watch for every one who loves football, but it won't be enough to win them the league.

Chelsea: they looked better to me before the season started. These last two defeats must be troubling for them. I never thought I'd write this but their defence looks worrying. Luiz lost a lot of tactical awareness tbh. Cahill lacks concentration for some reason. Conte is a man who could fix this, if anyone can, he can. They have the quality and don't need to rotate much because they don't have Europe to play. Still very early to count them out of the title race imo.

All in all, I think it will slowly (from January-February onwards probably) become a 3 horse race between us, City and Chelsea, if City don't run away with it. Spurs, ManU and Liverpool look more inconsistent for different reasons and will drop out and battle it out for top 4 imo
GloryRoad2016 (Barcelona) 19 minutes ago
Not going to lie, the Spurs analysis made me chuckle. Probably not going to get relegated in two seasons lol

Statistically, Man City has the best chance since they have 6 out of 6 wins. It's very important for Pep to determine his rotation policy before the knockout stages of the champions league because Man City can make a serious run in the champions league this season.
If Liverpool gain the confidence from consistent wins and beating ManU (of course), I think they will make a serious challenge for the league. They also have the talent and the coach to do so. That will be better determined in December and January though.

I think Chelsea are still adjusting to Conte's tactics, but the fact that they do not have to worry about champions league or Europa means they will be much better rested. They haven't been that consistent so far after 6 games and looking at the table and recent performances, Liverpool have a better chance at top four than Chelsea. That's all subject to change of course, but Liverpool (with as much running as Klopp demands) will still be better rested because they don't have European football either.

Right now, I think ManU are the team to most likely pull a complete 180 and win the perfect amount of games for top 4 around the beginning of March.

Last, but not least, I know the victory over Chelsea was awesome, but we shall see what happens against City, ManU, Spurs, and Liverpool. Wins against those teams are crucial towards winning the league and maintaining confidence. I'm sure that win over ManU gave City loads of confidence.

This is the most exciting season in the English League for me since I started keeping up with it 5 years ago (Although Leicester's miracle was pretty awesome).

I wish you guys the best of luck!
KingLucas (Liverpool) 2 hours ago
I know I am late but congrats on the Chelsea beat down. There are 2 teams(Man UTD and Chelsea) I don't like in this league.

Better late than never

Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 2 hours ago
Thank you thank you
KingLucas (Liverpool) 1 hour ago
Lol yw
Tomikato 3 hours ago
Meanwhile Arsenal collecting points like nobody's business
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 4 hours ago
OGC Nice won putting them 5 points ahead of PSG
Vaaz (Nîmes Olympique) 2 hours ago
Wonderful!
PSG look a different team without Zlatan, Cavani is a total waste. The number of sitters he has missed this season already is in double digits
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 2 hours ago
Their defence looks terrible as well. I would have thought that Luiz leaving would help them but it has hurt them more as T. Silva and Marquinhos just aren't gelling
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 4 hours ago

Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 4 hours ago
All we needed was Gabriel to come on the 90th min to 2 foot the c**t and get sent off
Francois01 (Bayern München) 3 hours ago
Mustafi is a real fighter, like Koscielny. They make a real annoying pair to play against
Gunners4mylifeh (Arsenal) 2 hours ago
Bullying is a serious issue. We all need stand together and back costa on this one. Kos and mustafi needs to be punished for their actions
This is so beautiful

I like it so much

This is like a hug from my girlfriend, or a compliment from my father. It makes any pain go away
OMGClayAiken (Arsenal) 1 hour ago
Costa getting kicked and pushed around, then crying helplessly to the ref, was my favorite part of the game
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
West Ham were finished the day we stole their chant and gave it to a better player
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 5 hours ago
Hahaha
Vaaz (Nîmes Olympique) 2 hours ago
West ham, they were so good last season but have disintergrated now

Sunderland though, who in their right mind would appoint moyes again? They deserve to go down for this clueless appointment alone
GunzBlazing (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Wait a minute, West ham can't train at the stadium ground and can only play there on match days? How do you get used to the ground then?
That's why the Olympic stadium move was insanely stupid
GunzBlazing (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
Wow, so they're the away side home and away
Illman (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
Do any of the bigger teams actally train on the stadium ground?
Thing is Illman we adjusted the Coloneys pitch so it's the emirates bit that isn't the case with west ham they still have the same pitch at their training ground as the Boylen grounds. Pretty stupid considering the Olympic stadium is a wider pitch
I'm just enjoying the fact that theose annoying west ham fans have shut up now.

Also Bilic is showing that he truly is the one season wonder
If you looked at stats last season there was reason to believe that he is q one season wonder. It's finally showing on the pitch now though
Payet is a set piece merchant too
TimidGunnar (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
To say one season wonder is a tard bit harsh, the guys was good with Croatia and in Turkey
Teja7 4 hours ago
Liverpool players don't train at Anfield either. We have Melwood training ground. Only on some special occasions have we done training at Anfield
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 6 hours ago
De Bruyne is out for a month
Those injury news about a big rival player are always weird. As a football fan you think it's sad and as an AFC fan you think it's f****g fantastic.

Sometimes life is complex
Bilic is gonna' get the sack soon
Still can't believe this west ham team desecrated the top teams last season 😵😵😵
GunzBlazing (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Man, West Ham are terrible this season. Payet is definitely leaving
Yes yes come to arsenal
Nowayout (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
New stadium curse strikes again.... Hoping Spurs are next
It did strike them too, Monaco anyone
DaniPak (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Hammers to get relegated? Or too much quality? Too early?
Payet to arsenal
Corporal jenkinson has returned to training 😁😁😁
Nowayout (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Ox's morale just jumped from 'content' to 'very happy'
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 3 hours ago
FM 2016
Tuzaspe (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
Any news on Coq?
Shaymoose17 (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Tomorrow we'll know more. He left the stadium with a knee brace.... Same knee as last season's injury
Shaymoose17 (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
Hammers are really missing Jenko at right back!
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
Walcott's highest figure for tackles won in a season was 18 in 2011/12 after 35 games. He's won 12 in 6 games this season. Different animal.

That's mad. Been arguably our best player this season. And this summer people wanted him binned too. Tut tut
Kristo22 (Arsenal) 7 hours ago
It seems like something inside of him woke up. Not only is he putting in a shift defensively, but offensively he's regaining that confidence he had before the knee injury. Really impressive so far
Not something he knew it was make or break this season and he knows he's one or two bad games away from being benched by another squad player. The depth is creating high competition for places and everyone is fighting now. What a time to be alive
DaniPak (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Like Wenger said, his attitude changed and this Walcott is a different player

Kick4Life - changing lives through football