Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Arsenal Chat
YungGunner (Arsenal) 4 hours ago
I've just read an article on the formations and stuff Liverpool v Arsenal.

We played a 4-3-3 with one DM, Flamini as DM. I saw the lineup, I was a little surprised as I saw Debuchy in the CB instead of Chambers, especially in the set pieces because most people have height advantages over him. Thought to myself, we have a lot of good forwards so we'll be fine.

Then BANG! I saw 3-4-3, here comes Liverpool. Surely, Wenger should have changed up something, after being dominated first 15 minutes. Our midfielders were outplayed, they stretched us to the sidelines then use those gaps, then attack and attack. We would have been destroyed if they had Suarez and Sturi.

What I don't understand is why couldn't Wenger switched back to 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 after the 15-20 minutes of being outplayed? I understand he didn't know how Liverpool are going to be set up, but as soon as he see them out on the field, he should have been thinking of switching. Set Flamini a front of the back 4 then bring Welbeck___Santi__Ox__Sanchez a front of Flamini, then set Giroud upfront, That will give more control in the midfield. At times, Sanchez had to chase back from the other goal to our penalty area to fill in the gaps. As a manager, why he couldn't he switched it up, I mean it was like 90% v 10% possessions, we barely had the ball. But I believe he did changed up after half time, tucking Welbeck and Sanchez more to the wings which gave more control in the midfield. That's when we started to play, in the 2nd half. But he should have changed up in the first 10-15 minutes. I mean dang, 3-4-3 against 4-1-2-3/4-3-3, goodluck.

Idk, I just find it interesting, surely if I was playing FIFA, if I see a good team playing 3-4-3, I wouldn't play a 4-3-3/4-1-2-3, my midfield will get dominated and get out played with little to no possession, even worst if you have Flamini as DM and players that are out of their natural position(example: Ox)
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 4 hours ago
1st Christmas with my girlfriend = a much better Xmas the card she got me is just Awesome, will have to show you guys later.

Merry Christmas all of you, have a great day with friends and family
Malik (Barcelona) 1 hour ago
And this is how I would post about my girlfriend

Only if I had one :/
Tanmay (Footytube Moderator) 4 hours ago
Merry christmas boys and girls!
GunningAditya (Arsenal) 5 hours ago
Merry christmas everyone!
OMGOzil (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Lol apparently we're linked with Ramos
Godspeedysick (Footytube Moderator) 5 hours ago
How often do you hit the refresh button for Arsenal news on Google?

But yah, we're linked with him. His agent/brother held secret talks with Arsene but as it stands he didn't like the money we offered. Anyways, if it's to happen it'll be in the summer and definitely not January.

So, ATM I see us going for someone else who's available now and not later. We may possibly see us getting a loan if someone of high caliber can't make it this January
OMGOzil (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Ospina
Debuchy Merts Kos Gibbs
Ramsey Schniederlin
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Giroud

Tex
Bellerin Nastasic Chambers Monreal
Arteta Wilshere
Ox Cazorla Campbell
Welbeck
Godspeedysick (Footytube Moderator) 6 hours ago
Was never into holidays but loved the gifts when I was a kid. Happy 'Holy-days'!
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
Merry Christmas gooners
StageFright1203 (Arsenal) 6 hours ago
Merry Christmas lads
YungGunner (Arsenal) 9 hours ago
A win Friday, then beat West Ham, we're back in top 4. Though, it is easier said than done.come on!

Merry Christmas to people that celebrate it.

Happy Holiday, no school no work day for everyone else!
Duces14 (Arsenal) 9 hours ago
Merry Christmas everybody
OMGOzil (Arsenal) 11 hours ago
Merry Christmas everybody!
This s**t is not fair lmao people around the world get to open their presents hours before some of us.... Like I.... Lmao still Christmas Eve here
OMGClayAiken (Arsenal) 11 hours ago
Merry Christmas and many goals/assists from Santi Claus
Monkeyyoda (Arsenal) 12 hours ago
So Lassana Diarra is availble for free this transfer window after leaving Moscow. Would he be a good fit to fill our DM posistion?

He's 29 so he would just be a temporary stop gap but we all know how hard it is to find a good young player in the January transfer window, and even if there is one the price is wayyy to much. Anyway he plays as a DM and can fill in for RB if needed. He's pretty technical, has enough physical strengh and can play the ball around.
Aannndd he used to play for us back in 2007, but then Flamini was our first choice DM, might be different this time around.

While there may be more suitible players who are younger and will probably be better in the future, I think that Diarra could be a good bargin to have
GUNNERPERA (Arsenal) 12 hours ago
Dude no
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 11 hours ago
Worst case scenario.... Sure...
GUNNERPERA (Arsenal) 10 hours ago
Worst case scenario I'd take Moussa Sissoko 100 times more. Lass would be like having another Flamini. Why would we take another Flamini?
Well after 8 years, I guess its Flamini vs Diarra all over again for the first spot. Lmao
Song (Arsenal) 14 hours ago
Is is just me or does anyone else think that arsenal could win the champions league this season? No I'm not getting ahead of myself, listen.

We are still yet to play our strongest line-up and when they're all on the pitch and on form, I seriously believe we can be unstoppable and if we strengthen during the transfer window, we can only get better. Yes our form in the premier league is currently awful but there are reasons for that, we are having an injury hit season and I think that when all of our players come back, it will give all the players morale boosts and could turn our season around instantaneously. Could we challenge with the likes of bayern munich, real madrid or chelsea? Maybe
ArsenalForever (Arsenal) 13 hours ago
The question is, will we ever have our best line up fit and ready? No, it just won't happen.

Second, even if we do, we are still missing one or two players. So yes we could reach maybe the Semi-final, but that's about it.

Not being pessimistic but Champions Leaguetrophy is a far far away dream for all of us
Chelsea did it...
I keep saying this lol
Gunnzo (Arsenal) 12 hours ago
I agree, we are much more likely to win the champions league than the PL. We qualified to the ext round which buys us time to get ozil, ramsey and walcott fit and get another CB in January. We also drew monaco which is favorable to making it to the next round. It's doable. I also think we could win the FA cup again, all depends on our form in the second half of the season
Wenger11 (Arsenal) 12 hours ago
Chelsea knew how to defend...
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 11 hours ago
Depending on who we sign in Jan I think it's very possible. I think what will be crucial to our chances as well is how we improve our league form from here on out. We want to be nearly out of sight when we go into those games and not having to look over our shoulder for Liverpool trying to take 4th from us. If we can get some good signings, reduce our injuries and be in a healthy league position we can surely do something special in the UCl
Shaymoose17 (Arsenal) 10 hours ago
I honestly believe our squad has the capability to beat anyone. It's all just depending on if the players play. Sounds vague, but we have some fantastic games and then we have some absolute garbage games. Every game would have to be one of our top top performances to achieve the champions league final
Dougie27 (Arsenal) 10 hours ago
Here's why I say yes: Because anyone can. I realize you're making a realistic argument and that's slightly different than looking at the odds, that we technically have a 1 in 16 shot. Everyone has a shot at this point.

This year we have the best chance to win it in a long time, just based on the simple fact that we've been granted a favorable draw in the RO16.

I expect us to beat Monaco over two legs, and once you're in the quarters you need a little bit of luck and you have to play well, but anything can happen. We can't defend like Chelsea could three seasons ago, but we can sure score goals. Who knows?
AssasinedViper (Arsenal) 9 hours ago
If you can't defend and see out games you won't win any major honours especially against the higher level opponents. So saying all that I come to the conclusion we can't. Lol everybody should know this.

If we ever had a stable defence and a fit team it'd definitely be a possibility but don't count on it. We're never gonna' be full strength as you have seen in recent years
Sjsung (Arsenal) 8 hours ago
Yes, it's a long shot, but a red card/penalty early on can surely make a huge difference. If that happened in the league, that wouldn't suddenly make us contenders, but if that happened in the champions league, suddenly we can look like the favorites in a series. Point is, champions league is a lot less down to consistency and more unpredictable than the PL.

Favorable R16, Favorable QF, Lucky SF (eg: red card), and then it's a 1-leg Final which becomes anyone's game. Not impossible.

Bookmakers' Odds @ bet365
For PL: 100/1 (4th best)
For CL: 20/1 (tied 6th)
CrunkGooner (Arsenal) 18 hours ago
This right here is what am talking bout and what a lot of oldies (if that's a word) on footy missed. Amidst all the poor performances we still find means to share some positivity and laugh.

I just hope I didn't jinx it because honestly the past few pages have been the most appealing and amusing have read in a while.

Merry Xmas to everyone who celebrate and Happy Holidays to those who don't

Kick4Life - changing lives through football