Forums / Arsenal
Order: Newest / Oldest
09-10 Season: Who's Your Starting Eleven?
Reyhan37 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I'm surprised no one's posted this yet. Assuming all players are fit who would be in your starting eleven? Also list your preferences for who should be 2nd, 3rd choice if the 1st choice is not available. For example, my 1st choice selections are

--Arshavin---Van Persie---Nasri
----------Rosicky---Fabregas
---------------------Song
Clichy--Vermaelen--Gallas--Sagna
-------------------Almunia

My 2nd choice at each position would be (from most to least):

Lw: Nasri, Eduardo, Wilshere
Cf: Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela
Rw: Walcott, Bendtner, Eboue, Wilshere
Cm: Eboue, Denilson, Nasri, Diaby, Ramsey, Wilshere
Dm: Denilson, Djourou, Eboue
Lb: Gibbs, Silvestre, Eboue, Traore
Cb: Djourou, Senderos, Silvestre
Rb: Eboue, Djourou, Clichy
Gk: Mannone, Fabiansky, Szczesny

As you can tell I rate Eboue very highly and would play him in CM over Diaby any day. He'll be a huge loss when CAN comes around. RB looks very vulnerable once Eboue leaves because Djourou won't be coming back for a long time. Gallas could technically play there, but if he's available he is needed foremost at CB. If Sagna gets hurt and Eboue is not available, I think Clichy is the best option because Gibbs is very reliable at LB. Nasri is another utility player for me. If Arshavin gets hurt I would rather play Nasri on the left and throw Walcott on the right.
Cescsyukri4 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
In my fifa online and pro evolution soccer, I like this kind of play

4. 3. 3

.... Arshavin.... V. Persie.... Walcott

. Nasri.... Fabregas.... Rosicsky

Clichy.... Vermaelen.... Gallas.... Sagna

.... Almunia....

And I'm very sure this kind of play is very fantastic....
Ravilianer (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Yes I think this is the best. But we need an better goalkepper. Akinveev is my coice
The only problem is there is not enough defensive cover--no holding midfielder. While Nasri and Rosicky are two of our most defensive minded attacking creative midfielders, they are better suited to focusing on attack as is Fabregas. A designated holding midfielder, like Song, allows the front 5 and 2 full backs to maximize their attacking potential
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
That line up won't work because we have no one to help out the defence. We need a Song or some DM to help the back four or we'll be leaking goals more so than now. It definitely is out best attacking line up for sure
Sjsung (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Agreed with Samdagooner
GoonerXi (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Agreed with Samdagooner and Sjsung
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
To pick the best 11 for next year is impossible because of the transfers that will occur. You'll have to wait till next August or September to find out
We could assume, then, that we'll buy Balotelli (£20m), Jovetic (£23m), Hazard (£6m), Inler (£14m), Puyol (£10m) and we sell Fabregas (£45m to Barcelona), Sagna (£16m to Juventus), Clichy (£16m to Real Madrid), Eboue (£6m to Atletico Madrid), Merida (£4m to Sevilla), therefore making a profit of £14m (selling £87m; buying £73m).

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Realmcoy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
My 1st choice:

______Nasri.... V. Persie.... Arshavin

_________Rosicsky.... Fabregas

______________.... Song....

___Clichy.... Vermaelen.... Gallas.... Sagna

____________.... Almunia....

2nd choice(from most to least):

Lw: Eduardo, Diaby, Vela, Wilshere, Fran Merida
Cf: Eduardo, Vela, Walcott, Bendtner
Rw: Walcott, Eboue, Wilshere, Denilson, Bendtner
Cm: Diaby, Denilson, Eboue, Ramsey, Wilshere, Fran Merida
Dm: Denilson, Eboue, Djourou
Lb: Gibbs, Silvestre, Eboue, Traore
Cb: Djourou, Senderos, Silvestre
Rb: Eboue, Djourou, Traore
Gk: Mannone, Fabiansky, Szczesny

I don't have much enthusiasm for Bendtner, he seems to be more inconsistent than Diaby. Vela is a better stiker than a winger to me, especially in the Premier League. He's not really a physical player so I think giving him more freedom to roam makes him more effective. Wilshere might just be Arsenal's next prodigy while Eboue and Denilson are my favourite all-round players, I just think Eboue still needs to realise how much he brings to Arsenal.
Sjsung (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Depth Charts: (* indicates starters)

Gk: Almunia*, Mannone, Fabianski

Rb: Sagna*, Eboue, Song
Cb: Vermaelen*, Gallas*, Senderos, Djourou, Song, Silvestre
Lb: Clichy*, Gibbs, Traore, Song, Vermaelen, Silvestre

Dm: Song*, Denilson, Diaby, Vermaelen
Cm: Fabregas*, Denilson, Diaby, Ramsey, Merida
Am: Nasri*, Rosicky, Arshavin, Fabregas, Wilshere, Merida

Rw: Walcott*, Arshavin, Rosicky, Nasri, Bendtner, Eduardo
St: VanPersie*, Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela
Lw: Arshavin*, Rosicky, Nasri, Vela, Eduardo, VanPersie, Wilshere

Ideal Lineup:

Almunia
Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy
Fabregas Song Nasri
Walcott VanPersie Arshavin

Subs: Mannone, Eboue, Senderos, Denilson, Diaby, Rosicky, Eduardo
You'd really start a fit Walcott over a fit Rosicky? Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Maybe not now because he's been out for a while, but once Rosicky gets back to his best, he's one of our biggest weapons without a doubt. His passing accuracy and vision is maybe 2nd only to Fabregas. His technique probably 2nd only to Van Persie. He can hold the ball extremely well, and is defensively one of the best attacking midfielders we have. He was (back in 06-07) a real threat from outside the box, something Arsenal has sorely missed against those hard to break down defenses.

If Arsenal has four horsemen of the apocalypse, they're Van Persie, Arshavin, Fabregas, and Rosicky. If all four are healthy and match fit, my money's on the Gunners creating chances and scoring goals
I calculated this first team line-up from the amount of time each player plays.
.............Mannone................
Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy
...............Song........................
Bendnter Fabregas Diaby Arshavin
............Van Persie..................

Gk: Mannone (720mins)
Rb: Sagna (916mins)
Cb: Gallas (1260mins)
Cm: Vermaelen (1260mins)
Lb: Clichy (1080mins)
Dm: Song (1157mins)
Rw: Bendnter (590mins)
Cm: Fabregas (1005mins)
Cm: Diaby (1032mins)
Lw: Arshavin (802mins)
Ss: Van Persie (1036mins)

For more minute stats visit

Link: www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/premt...
Scroll down to arsenal CLUB statistics.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football