Forums / Argentina
Order: Newest / Oldest
Paraguay V Argentina, Sep 9
Ramesis (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Maradona get out mate,
You've ruined what was potentially wc champions to not even qualifying.
Save what's left of your dignity and resign
FORZAJUVEPIERO (Juventus) 5 years ago
Agreed! It is going to be quite strange to watch a WC without Argentina
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 5 years ago
By strange I hope you mean awesome! Good job Maradona, not only you have ruined your own career with you bad decisions in life, but now you are ruining Argentina with your bad decisions in the game. How can a team that has Messi and others with great talent NOT qualify to the world cup (the other teams in the South American qualifying aren't really even star packed). I can understand France and even Portugal, but Argentina? Wow
Interista86 (Inter Milan) 5 years ago
Word!
UroFiji (Liverpool) 5 years ago
True mate...
Duartej86 (CA Boca Juniors) 5 years ago
Maradona.... Is going to ruin it...
ImnotWalkinAlon (Liverpool) 5 years ago
This what happen if clear judgment fogged by nose powder haze
Gigiggg9 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Sad, sad, sad for Argentina
Footyboy987 (AC Milan) 5 years ago
It's doesn't really look like they're gonna' make it. They still have Uruguay to go through, which is not an easy task. I think they can take on Peru. If they sucked as bad as the do in the last few matches, then I'm sorry to watch a World cup without Lionel Messi...
Yashan (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Well Maradona is gone. I am guessing in the next couple of days. Great goal too
Edhokati (Manchester United) 5 years ago
No aguero, messi
Striker7 5 years ago
I'm tired of asking: Where is Samuel, Demichelis, Riquelme, etc?!

I am not an Argentina fan, but if you gave ME the job as manager, I'd have so much fun picking a dream team AND I'd have the next possible WC 2010 winners on that pitch.
Anyone with half a brain in the football world can pick the needed Argentine squad!
VivalaSAM (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
Samuel, demichelis, riquelme, cambiasso, maxi rodriguez, and tevez weren't even on the roster.... Something is wrong there
Striker7 5 years ago
By the way, excellent game from Paraguay, they showed much more will to pull a win out of this game than Argentina did. What a play and what a goal as well
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Lord have mercy on us.... Seems like Argentina not going anywhere
Bendit14 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Just goes to show you what bad management can do to a team. I love maradonna the player, but no the manager. Sack the man already. Its not working
Xmac28 (Internacional Porto Alegre) 5 years ago
I think it's time for Maradona to quit, it's getting embarassing.... It will suck to have a WC without los hermanos, it's always good to kick their asses in official matches
I still think they will qualify, at the very end, they have been always lucky. But Maradona needs to go, biggest mistake will be if Argentina qualifies and they keep Maradona for next year!
Harizo (West Ham United) 5 years ago
Zanetti- 36
Heinze- 31
Papa-27
Dominguez-29
Veron-34

Substitutes

Schiavi- 36
Palermo-35
Braña-30

Obviously Maradona doesn't know anything about the modern game.... Yes he was a great player but this just shows how he is picking players on the basis of who he is close to. The defenders are all have passed their peak, hence making them slow in the modern game.

Just imagine the defence line-up going against young players like Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Ribery and so on.... The would just outpace these defenders easily. Valdes' goal is also evident that the defenders couldn't keep up with the pace. (But of course the goal had a superb build-up and please note how Dominguez was out of position)

Then comes the midfield. Veron certainly is out of position. Although people not all those who wander are lost, but in this case Veron is. People need to know, people like Maradona especially need to know that Veron has passed his peak although he won the South American player of the year last year but that's about it. He should retire from international.

With the defence slow and the midfield is led by someone like Veron, how are great young players like Messi and Aguero going to shine when they are not the support they need?

Argentina need a mixture of 70% young players and a pinch of experienced older players. But what Maradona is doing is the opposite.

Next in line I hope they would appoint someone like Diego Simeone or Oscar Ruggieri.... Someone who are firm and not like Maradona who is overly emotional. Especially in picking his team. He is too personal
SunnyBoi (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Couldn't agree more.... Definitely Maradona relying too much on the golden oldies.... I love Javier Zanetti, One of the greatest and most versatile Fullbacks ever but way past his prime....

Also Martin Palermo.... WTF, useless sub when the likes of Higuain and Diego Milito would have been better. And Cambiasso not included.... DUMB.
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Other than that great player in the 80s, what can Maradona do? He only know how to play football, but fail in other things. He take drugs, he is short and fat, he can't do the manager work.

I would suggest he goes back and sniff his glue, at least he can die in a more comfortable manner than to get criticised by Argentinian fans or fans all over the world
Xmac28 (Internacional Porto Alegre) 5 years ago
LOL! That was harsh! But you forgot to mention that there were some pictures of him dressed as a woman in the past!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football