Forums / Argentina
Order: Newest / Oldest
Colombia V Argentina, Nov 15
Lee333 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
WTF! Messi got tackled in a 1 on 1 situation!  First time I've seen that
Flavio1975 (CA River Plate) 2 years ago
After watching that game (terrible I must say) I witnessed both sides to this Argentine team. Horrible first half, no idea. Three defensive midfielders plus Sosa who did nothing. Messi and Higuain were spectators up front. Argentina cannot afford to give up a half of football. One word to sum up that half. LOST ! Then, the second half showed that this team has heart and individual quality. The game was not won with brilliant futbol, but they did win it with grit. Both sides were dead on their feet (both the heat and humidity were unbearable) and in the end both teams had the chance to grab the winner. Zuniga had a shot just outside the small area face to face with Romero and he struck it straight at him. Argentina had theirs and put it away. Great win. I'm stoked as I'm sure all Argentina is, but nothing to get carried away with
Thapa2011 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
There has been a lot of talk about defenders and mid fielders for Argentina, but I personally think that Sergio Romero is a pretty average goalkeeper. If you want to win a big tournament like world cup, you gotta' have a top goalie. Look at the keeper for Spain or Germany or Netherlands or Uruguay. Catches win the matches
I agree that any great team needs a good keeper. Romero might not be world class yet, but he is only 24. Keepers mature at around 27 or 28. And to be honest, theres no other keeper that you could say is better. I reckon he´s got the attributes to become a first rate goalie. Its now up to him
Orvid (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Catch that game on the 2nd half, I heard that Argentina was really poor in the 1st half. Argentinian coach needs to be careful in selection process. He is picking up unknown players instead of the established ones, he also picks far too many defensive minded midfielders. On the brighter note, I hope he wouldn't give Demechelis a chance and stick to Frederico Fernandez, this guy looks promising
Sulutas (Galatasaray SK) 2 years ago
That second goal is funny - At least two Colombian defenders try to pick up Messi and not give him space in front of the goal but they forget to cover also one of the most dangerous attacking players in the world, namely, Aguero and he easily scores of course. So.... Who would you pick up?
Mas8919 (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
The two of them had to be marked. The fact that aguero is streaking to the net. I would have picked up him and hoped on of the other defenders can make sure the ball doesn't get crossed in
Naki77 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Not the best performance from Argentina but they did deserve the win. Good work from Messi
Jkiller (Atltico Nacional) 2 years ago
Deserve the win, you must of not watch the games
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Aguero should've started in the first place, demonstrated his talent and intelligence by charging forward for that winner. Buen jugado Argentina, no era una bonita victoria, pero era bastante as the commentator said
2 years ago
Argentina will not go anywhere until they decide to get some decent midfielders who create chances not defenders. If Argentina want a world Cup they'll need two more Riquelme's to link up with Messi, Aguero, and Higuain. That's the formula to Argentina's success cause they have the greatest strikers on the planet undoubtedly
2 years ago
There is a glitch with the edit button. But I meant to say not defensive Midfielders cause they have two quality ones. They are also in need of a better defence though
Albabily (FC Barcelona II) 2 years ago
Colombia first half were fantastic
Argentina? WTF? This is not even a team
They were lost, no combination, no idea what to do, passing the ball behinde like 30 x without any offensive moves!
They have good strikers, yes but they have no team
Even Messi the best one of them wasnt really good, but no wonder, he run like 10 x more than he did in a normal game with Barca.
That was lucky win but Colombien stopped playing football in the second half as if they were happy with 1-1 ! Yesterday was the easiest day to beat ARgentina and they didn't!
This was one of the worst match i've seen this year
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
If you want to exaggerate, at least be slightly considerate about it. It wasn't that bad mate, and los Argentinos managed to salvage the points. For a team that's still being built under a new manager, it's a decent result
Futboller92 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Omgggg. Messi, aguero, lavezzi, di maria, hugain, tevez(probably), this team should not be losing games with an attacking force like that
2 years ago
Its a disgrace that you have Pep as your pro pic and you say this. Everyone knows a team of forwards will never win anything. Maybe if any of them besides Messi knew how to create chances and not play so selfish in front of goal then youd have a winning combo....

Everyone in the world knows that a team consists of defenders, midfielders, and Forwards. Not Defenders and 6 forwards because then who would create? You need at least 2 people creating chances constantly!
Mackiznay (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Di Maria is a creator. I think Futboller is right. They should not be loosing games. You are right that there needs to be a full team, not just rely on attackers, but they have a quality team
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Lavezzi and dimaria and even tevez are creators also, don't you watch them play in club? No excuses maybe Argentina are just not that good as they are thought out to be ever think of that YousifSaid
Messsssssssssi (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Watch tevez play for his club? Where have you been lmfao?
Messsssssssssi (Barcelona) 2 years ago
On a more serious note I wouldnt consider tevez or lavezzi as creators. The creators for argentina right now are messi and di maria. But with dimaria on the wing theres still a gaping whole in the middle of the field
There is no room for Tevez in this side at the moment. Argentina have the attack covered with Messi, Higuain, Aguero, Di Maria, and Pastore. Sure Tevez is as good as any of these but Argentina have bigger problems at the moment (so too does Tevez), than just there attack
Futboller92 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Ok yousiffagget, you're fkng retarted, what I meant is that they have very good attackers and should be scoring goals, never said anything about no creators being needed. Now you have touched on up on that point, yes messi could perfectly play that role and di maria can perfectly provide great balls for the attackers. Then they have players like zanetti and cambiasso who can hold down the midfield. So next time don't talk out of your asssss and think before you reply dumbshtt
Bren82 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Am very sad Colombia lost but we still have a chance of qualifying for the world cup.... Vamos coffee team!
CSKA1948SOFIA (PFC CSKA Sofia) 2 years ago
Cocaine team I think of them
DiegoFrodo (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Yeah cus you are an ignorant f**k
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Its baffling to see Argentina struggling even though Higuain, Messi, Angel and Aguero are in top club form this season
Come510 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
No people say that top players for teams will be top players for international!
2 years ago
Frank think about it this way. Just cause a player is good it doesn't mean that he alone can take his team to a World Cup. One player is just part of the team. Pele makes it seem like if he was on the field vs 11 players from back in the day he would win the world cup. I'd love to see that. Messi is playing with a team that lacks a playmaker or a decent attacking Midfielder nobody! Then the forwards on Argentina are all pure forwards and nothing else. Higuain is a tap in artist and deosn't create chances, Aguero is a selfish beast who wants to do everything on his own and take all the glory, and Angel runs really fast....

Messi is Basically Xavi+Iniesta when he plays for Argentina. He starts all the plays like Xavi would and makes incredible passes and chances, then he carries the ball and sneaks in for an attack once in a while like Iniesta. He can't do all of it though he needs a team that has chemistry
Mackiznay (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Yousif. You are just an Argentina hater. Frank said nothing about taking them to the world cup or anything else like that. All he said was that those players are in top form this season. Yes they are "top club form" but they will get it together as an international team
SIMPLYGODS 2 years ago
Finally a win argentina! Ah its been a frustrating year.... We need chemistry, a new coach, a midfield, a defence and what the hell argentina scores 3 goals and barely manages to win it =/ 1-2 goal scorers, mascherano for colombia and messi, kun for argentina =/
Millzallah (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Dale messi.... Forget about pele talkin crap.... Your best right now hands down.... Vamoo argentina carajoooo
DiegoFrodo (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Vamos pequeño Messi!
Gunners23 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Wow.... Argentina is lucky a boy by the name of Leo Messi was born there. Or else they wouldnt even make the world cup...
Kingleo (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Yep that's why the last time Argentina failed to qualify for a WC was 1970, cause Messi is immortal

Kick4Life - changing lives through football