Forums / Argentina
Order: Newest / Oldest
Argentina V Uruguay, Jul 16
Luuandrew2 (Everton) 3 years ago
I'm liking this Uruguay side. Except for Suarez's antics.    But that ref was just so card-happy....
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Uruguay with one men down fought the entire match vs one of the best attacks in the world (if not the best) and on their home ground.... They gave it their all.... Awesome match!
Deepu (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Exactly.... And argentina back in 2006 was awesome. Batista please get the hell outta' there.... Diego maradona was better.... He atleast had a magical effect on his players.... (p. S- I hate maradona)
Fuzzycholo (Manchester United) 3 years ago
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Congratulations to Uruguay but so disappointed to see not only my favorites Messi and Argentina, but Colombia out on the same day
Iamlegend 3 years ago
It's disappointing really. But Uruguay did play well. Don't forget that they are the 4th place of wc2010
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Card happy ref, crap game for Argentina, Uruguay got saved by their GK. Mad props to him. Wasnt a terrible game for Argentina but wasnt even close to there top game. Blah hopefully this wakes them up for the World Cup but who knows lets hope for the best from here on
Hajialibaig (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Messi was a failure. It was always about Xavi and Ineista
Uhhh no. Messi was always great, Argentina is Argentina, not Messi. Without a team, no matter who you are how can you perform and win every game?
Weegeez (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Are you retarded? Messi mightve been the best player on the pitch aside from muslera, constantly moving forward with some precise passing and being a threat, I don't think you even watched the game
3 years ago
Troll Number 3
[account-removed] 3 years ago
I think that's a little harsh.

Football is a team sport. Even messi and ronaldo cannot save a team that does not play as a unit.

With that said, barcelona would not be half as good as they are without messi. He gives them the incisiveness that spain lacked in the WC
I predict Uruguay vs Chile or Paraguay in the final
Gabart (CDSC Cruz Azul) 3 years ago
It is clear now: Messi is not the same "magician" without Barcelona. Another opportunity missed. And it's going to be the same history in tne world cup facing Brazil, if they manage to reach the finals
3 years ago
Troll number 2
MadridistaCF (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I don't think you understand what troll means.... He's giving his opinion retard, he's not trolling. Go learn what troll means
Hajialibaig (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Obviously not.... At Barcelona.... 90% of Messi's goal tally due to the talents of Xavi & Ineista.

Put Messi in another team (Argentina), and he's just another "good" player. Not magical

Argentina record: 60 games
Goals? Too few to remember
Cedrige (Liverpool) 3 years ago
17/60
3 years ago
Troll number 1
KEVIN33 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Messi is MORE than A good player he will be 1 of the greatest.... Its just, Argentina can't expect him to play the same role as maradona
Ben1000 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
You can't expect that from anyone!
Darkinja (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Maradonna won a world cup with a bad Argentina side almost single handedly. Messi cannot be compared with a player like Maradonna. Messi rightly deserves his praise playing in that "once in a generation" or "once in a century" team like Barcelona with all the La masia graduates, which doesn't happen very often. The Barca players have a unique understanding and chemistry that no other club comes even close to matching. In the International arena, Messi even though fantastic as he is, on the ball, assisting driving forward. He hasn't got Xavi laser accurately passing balls into his feet and splitting open defensive lines. It's a true fact. Maradonna was way more direct, and more technically skillful on a more regular basis most crucially at International level. The people who say Messi is an 'average player' complimented only by the genious of both Xavi and Iniesta are pretty much trolling, regardless of how he plays with Argentina he's the worlds best. Cristiano has the same deal with Portugal, when they suck, he sucks. You can have a star studded sellection, but without chemistry you don't succeed in the late stages of tournaments
Evoked87 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Because Argentina is not in La Liga?
Riajz (Manchester United) 3 years ago
On an enterview with uruguayan defender Lugano right afer the game, he said: "I don't know why or how but, historically we always perform to our best every time we have everything against us, we feel very confortable with that type oh pressure, is something that is part of us(Uruguay), our style, never stop fighting and also we never loose control".

That is so true, I remember the wc game of semifinal vs holland, they did not give up and almost tied the match same vs Germany. What a solid team Uruguay is
Iamlegend 3 years ago
Lugano is class! He kept his head cool and very influential! Uruguay has a very good team attitude in overall
Who does he play for at club level? Looks class
Soccerrenz (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Ferberhance or whatever lol  He needs to move up but every Uruguayan is underrated
It was Uruguay vs the world too when they played Ghana, everyone favorited the Africans but they resisted!
3 years ago
I like how Ronaldo fans start trolling around this time. Messi has more International titles then Ronaldo just a little fact for you guys. Messi has more assists then Xavi and Iniesta. Xavi and Iniesta help Messi but they're aren't the reason to his success. So you guys keep trolling saying Messi is an average player as he'll be busy scoring hat-tricks on your clubs next season. When he dribbles through your whole team and scores two goals to eliminate you out of the Champions league please come back and tell me he's just an average player.

Hahaha losers get a life instead of trying to downplay Messi. He clearly had the best performance in the Copa America by averaging 7 chances a game where his teammates could of scored. I can't put all the blame on the forwards but some have to take blame for they're dreadful finishing and selfish play. The big problem was team chemistry and lack of midfielders
Jogafutebol (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
How do you know they are Ronaldo supporters? Don't jump to conclusions buddy. Some people are just pointing out that Messi isn't as lethal as he is playing for Argentina compared to when he is playing for Barcelona and I think its not hard to tell. Theres plenty of ppl who want fanboys to realise how important the supporting players are for their idols.

Same goes for CR. CR is supported by top level players at Real and is more lethal in attack playing for Real than with Portugal, at least in my opinion.... But both are still brilliant players regardless of who they play with. So far they havent been able to replicate their club performances for their nation. You must love Messi heaps. I can kind of understand the passion but don't be quick to say sh!T about CR fans
Mikesta (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Trolls gonna' troll  
Guyjo10 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Xavi is a gift from god to barcelona and spain...
Lawrence83 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Argentina needs to stop forcing Messi into play making role, they wasting all his talents. Messi plays when he's in full attacking and scoring mode instead of this passive play making role. Plus you can't bench of two of the big 4 strikers and pair one of em with Messi
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
That wasnt the problem. The biggest problem is argentinas chemistry, without it well you can see as they lost a game they should have won if they wouldve had chemistry, played there A+ game
Theshid (Liverpool) 3 years ago
People dissing Messi should look tthe highlights he set up the goal plus Argentina doesn't have the same formation than Barcelona how can you expect the player to have the same influence
KEVIN33 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Well said.... In barca he finishes in argentina he has to provide two different jobs...
SIMPLYGODS 3 years ago
Don't worry all these idiots dissing him don't watch the game they just see his side lose, than blame it on him haha we live in a world of idiots don't worry to much =P
I'm sorry assist isn't nuff, still goaless and arg lost
True but it has to be said he seems less influential for Argentina than Barca. Probably the style of play with Barca having a number of small, technical players like Xavi, Iniesta and Pedro for him to link with. Still Uruguay are tough opponents, solid and a good attack
MLink94 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Ronaldo > messi.... Because ronaldo makes any teams way better while messi only good because of xavi and iniesta magic
Miks1986 (Manchester City) 3 years ago
MLink94 = a f*ckin man loving retard
Iamlegend 3 years ago
Troll harder
Jamesutd (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Its his opinion arent you guys grown up enough to respect that. How is that trolling? Besides they are both equally good its just that messi loses his powers when he cuts his hair
Iamlegend 3 years ago
I would at least expect a good argument. Not "xavi and iniesta magic"
Yup good1, man  
I think people just get bored of these kind of comments, we know Messi and Ronaldo are both good. Its about more than 2 players one of which isn't even in this competition
Oh yea portugal have done well without the magic of Deco and Figo
MLink94 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Well rofl, I just noticed that my comment created so much heat, I'm not a man lover I just think that I know more about football than any of these new "soccer" fans that think that messi is the best and no one is near to him, I repeat: ronaldo > messi, because he is a more complete player, Messi made barca win the semi finals of the the UCL bcuz of Pepe's imaginary red card, cry now
Europlayer13 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Lolol at the barca fans crying cause their boy messi didn't score yet again for the country and he has the nerve to say that he will win the world cup one day pfttt yea right not with that team if you get your spaniard citizenship and play for them maybe but good try though
Iamlegend 3 years ago
So by saying he want to win world cup one day is considered ridiculous? I see every player in the world have the same dream
NebexGun (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Even though I was not supporting Argentina, this guy "Europlayer13" is one jealous ma f****r!
Sassysa (Manchester United) 3 years ago
He's still way better than Critiano (and yes, a Man UTD fan's saying that)
Chelo (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Messi + Iniesta & Xavi = Better than Cristiano
Messi on his own is a different story HUHU

Watch out for the Cr7-Ozil duo, comming soon
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Nothing wrong with a Man UTD fan saying that.... I think messi is better too and I'm a madrid fan  
Look at you guys I didn't mention ronaldos name anywhere and yet tou still bring him up are you guys always like this.... And why would I be jealous what reason absoulutley none my fav team demolished them at world cup yes we lost to spain but I don't cry about it I accept it cause they were the better team unlike everyone here crying like females so think twice before you write again
MadridistaCF (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I'm betting my money on germany for the next world cup, they are only getting better as a team. Plus they didn't even have muller playing against spain who was their highest goal scorer
Iamtrash123 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
@madridstacf germany have always had a high standard in football. They didn't win it 3 times, finish runner up in 2008 euro and finish in the top 3 in the last 3 world cups by fluke....

@europlayer13 ronaldo did nothing in the world cup 2010. He had one fluke goal against one of the worst teams in the torunament and a shot that hit the post.

Messi will be world player of the year 3x in a row
I hope as well on germany winning it I think its their time now and @Iamtrash123 I didn't bring up ronaldos name anywhere the other guy did I could care less who wins it to me that doesn't prove who is the best but whatever ronaldo is ronaldo and messi is messi two different styles and players
Mjay83 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Argentina "rubbish"and more than half of the post are about messi.... Wow.... This is about 2 teams who played a good game not about one guy, imo Argentina were average and Uruguay were great they till the end and deserved the win. Argentina did too they were pushing most of the game. Anyway good luck to the uruguay and hard luck argentina and please start a messi page and talk about him there but he did good today. I think we should mention how bad higuain finishing was and what about el kun or di maria ooh tevez really messed it up and yea suarez was acting up too but no let's bash messi !
Iamlegend 3 years ago
I think he did really well. He set up one goal and created a lot of chances. Tough luck
Iamlegend 3 years ago
I was impressed with Muslera ever since wc2010, as well as Fucile and Lugano. I can't believe Lazio let him go. He is a fantastic goalkeeper. Argentina didn't perform well. Every time Uruguay attacked, the defence looked shaky. Higuain, Messi and Aguero showed good understanding though. Although Higuain was wasteful again today, credit to Muslera as well. Di Maria once again looked like he tried to hard to be a hero. Tevez was selfish, and unconvincing, he looked pretty lost and the penalty miss might made him losing all his will to continue football.
Overall, a great game, a very exciting one. Too bad Argentina had to lose
Germanyarsenal (Arsenal) 3 years ago
About Muslera, all I know about him is the 3rd place playoff against Germany in 2010, but he alone was at fault for all 3 of Germany's goals there. He can have his bad days too
Iamlegend 3 years ago
I thought Uruguay was 4th place winner? Yeah that was a bad day but in Lazio he was very consistent
But when we need him he's a savior

Kick4Life - changing lives through football